(Close Window)
Topic: Cups and balls online video with a context
I know I shouldn’t really cross post this thread in other forums, but I think this topic is applicable in here to.

This cups and balls routine is excellent. I guess this type of magic presentation would work better behind a bar, rather than table-hopping. I must admit with this routine I was fooled twice, and I had to rewind the video to catch the loads.

Check this out:
[url]http://www.seemagic.co.uk/timsue/Cupsballs.wmv[/url]
That's a cool link, Nick. The sleeves look a bit baggy!!!

Howard
Can't get it to run.
Nick,

Great Job!!

Nice Routine!!

Very Nice Ending!!

Thanks,

Vincent :die: :magicrabbit: :die:
I couldn't get it to work either.
Right click on the link and download it to your computer. It’s 5mb. This should help.
The site may be receiving too much traffic, making the video unavailable from time to time. Try again later, if it doesn't work for you right now. It's a fun video.
That's Tim Ellis from Australia. He and his partner Sue Ann Webster were judges at last FISM and they did some magic sports with the Flicking Fingers that people are still talking about!
I've heard much about this routine and finally had a chance to see this wonderful performance done by Tim Ellis himself. I'm so impressed that I've bought the "Runaround Sue" booklet.

By the way, the above cups and balls routine is called, "Runaround Sue" by Tim Ellis.
Where does one come by routine pieces by Tim Ellis?
This really is a fantastic and entertaining piece of musical magic theatre.

Mike
If you like Tim's cup and ball routine you should see his "Rap 6-card repeat and his razor blade routines". The kid is good. :kermit:
Is there like any sites that I can see his six card repeats?? If not, I guess I got to get to Melbourne to see him do it live.
[quote]
On 2004-02-16 11:16, what wrote:
Where does one come by routine pieces by Tim Ellis?
This really is a fantastic and entertaining piece of musical magic theatre.

Mike
[/quote]
Here is a link for him. His material is really good.

[url]http://www.magicunlimited.com/toc.htm[/url]

MM
Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed 'Runaround Sue'.

When Sue-Anne and I lecture we often do a workshop based on that routine. Not only do we teach the whole thing but, more importantly, we go through the creation of the routine and explain how every gesture not only progresses the story, but covers a secret move as well. For example, the first ball vanish cannot be done without a tattoo on my arm. Yet the tattoo is also a lovely visual to set up exactly who Sue was.

We are constantly aiming to create new pieces, and encouraging others to do the same. Hopefully next year we'll be over in the USA again (FFFF, Hank Lees, Battle of the Magicians) and we can showcase some of the new routines we're working on.

Personally, I love to take a classic effect and not only twist it to give it a surprise ending, but also to give it a second layer. For example, my linking ring routine is done robotically - if you don't like the magic, you might enjoy the movement. A new MacDonald's Ace routine Sue-Anne is developing is based on a classic piece of Australian poetry. The Six Card Rap is, obviously, a rap as well as a magic trick - enjoy either or both!

The easiest way to start creating new routines of your own is to play MagicSports, and try to make mistakes, try to do what won't work, because when it does... not only do you get a surprise, but you've opened a brand new door.

Try some now! [url]http://www.magicunlimited.com/Pubmagicsports.htm[/url]

TIM ELLIS
Very nice routine!!