(Close Window)
Topic: Have you seen this??????
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 1, 2015 04:30PM)
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruce-jenner-makes-debut-as-woman-on-vanity-fair-call-me-caitlyn/ar-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming.
Message: Posted by: arthur stead (Jun 1, 2015 04:48PM)
... and THAT was shortly followed by THIS:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-22499827
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 1, 2015 04:50PM)
This is a work of art that has the effect of making one feel quite queasy.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 1, 2015 09:20PM)
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruce-jenner-makes-debut-as-woman-on-vanity-fair-call-me-caitlyn/ar-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming. [/quote]
What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

:)
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 1, 2015 10:03PM)
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruce-jenner-makes-debut-as-woman-on-vanity-fair-call-me-caitlyn/ar-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming. [/quote]
What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

:) [/quote]

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. :)
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 1, 2015 11:04PM)
Nah, I didn't know about the cover and never said I did ... I said I knew about the interview.

I wasn't sure what you had and had not heard about, or what you were surprised about, which is why I asked.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 1, 2015 11:34PM)
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:

I am a little startled that he looks so good. :) [/quote]
An interesting choice of word, all things considered.
Message: Posted by: Slim King (Jun 2, 2015 12:35AM)
Publicity stunt .. move along....
Message: Posted by: stoneunhinged (Jun 2, 2015 04:11AM)
Publicity stunt?

I don't know.

Bruce Jenner was a star athlete. He was talented, motivated, and successful. He rode that success, and made money giving us Wheaties. Then he faded into obscurity, like 99% of public figures do.

Then came the Kardashians. Bruce made money, and was in the spotlight again. Bruce became Caitlyn in that spotlight.

BORING!

The most interesting question to me is not about Bruce turning into Caitlyn, but about Bruce/Caitlyn's need to share her personal travels with the rest of us.

The most interesting question to me is why some people are willing to share their most personal, intimate decisions with us. I'm not interested in their decisions in the least. But I'm interested in their need.

It's a weird world.

We all have a road to walk. We usually walk it alone. Inviting people to watch us walk...is...well...strange to me.

People who are caught up in the
Message: Posted by: Magnus Eisengrim (Jun 2, 2015 08:01AM)
Commentary from the [url=http://www.ajc.com/gallery/news/opinion/best-luckovich-june-2015/gCS8L/#7361958]Atlanta Journal Constitution[/url]

[img]http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/aresize/980x620/img/photos/2015/06/01/2b/4e/lk060215_color.jpg[/img]
Message: Posted by: arthur stead (Jun 2, 2015 02:05PM)
Now that's funny, Magnus!
Message: Posted by: Dougini (Jun 2, 2015 04:32PM)
GACK! No. NO! N-n-n-NOOO! OMG! I can't unsee this. O - M - G!!!! When...how...why...AAARRRGH! I do not follow "the news". 98% of it is trash. This is Bruce Jenner? Like, 65+ years old? What the hell happened here? Sheesh, marry a Kardashian and it turns ya into a woman! Shaking my head ruefully...

Doug
Message: Posted by: TonyB2009 (Jun 2, 2015 05:07PM)
I am with stoneunhinged on this one. I find the need to share puzzling. I never even told my family my birthday.

Bruce was an inspirational athlete. Like many inspirational athletes it seems to become a train crash afterwards. If he wants to become a she, that is her privilege. But doing it in public like this? Bizarre.

Over here charismatic boxing promoter Frank Maloney became Kellie Maloney, but she did it under the radar, and only went public when forced to by the evil tabloid press over here. She is not regarded as a figure of fun, but as someone who has adjusted their gender to what it perhaps should always have been. Bruce Jenner, on the other hand, will go down as a big joke. And all self-inflicted.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 2, 2015 05:40PM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:

Bruce was an inspirational athlete. Like many inspirational athletes it seems to become a train crash afterwards. If he wants to become a she, that is her privilege. But doing it in public like this? Bizarre.
[/quote]
Well, keep in mind that Jenner's transitioning WAS out of public and under the radar for decades. "Jenner cross dressed for many years and began physically transitioning in the 1980s with hormone replacement therapy". Did YOU know about this in the 80s? The 90s? The 00s? Seems to me it was out of the public eye for decades, about as long as it possibly could be.

But now that his kids are celebrities, and since Jenner's car crash some months ago brought some unwanted media attention, the transitioning inevitably came out in a bigger way.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 2, 2015 05:52PM)
Chelsea Manning got a makeover?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Chelsea_Manning_with_wig.jpg

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a38728/chelsea-manning-may-2015/
Message: Posted by: irossall (Jun 2, 2015 06:34PM)
Maybe the reason She "Came Out" is the FACT that the media definitely would have "Outed" Her anyway. At least by going public She could tell Her story Her way Before the Media makes a spectacle of the whole situation (which some in the Media already have).

It's NOBODY'S business anyway and those who thinks it's funny and feel the need to ridicule and make jokes towards Transgenders, Gays, Lesbians, or any other persuasion, are the ones who really have a problem.

Grow up and get a Life if you are one of those sick ******.
-Iven
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Jun 2, 2015 06:35PM)
If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card.
Message: Posted by: irossall (Jun 2, 2015 07:03PM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card. [/quote]

I agree but reality TV or Fictitious TV, Rock Star, Celebrity of any sort, deserves and should have a private Life. Same as any Human. Same as you and me.

Just because "You don't get to play the my private Life is nobody's business card", doesn't make it right. Wrong is Wrong, PERIOD!
-Iven
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 2, 2015 07:52PM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card. [/quote]
I don't think that was the issue here, was it? I thought the issue was why Jenner's transitioning became public knowledge instead of remaining a purely private matter. Part of the reason, indeed, is because Jenner became more of a celebrity in recent months / years.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Jun 2, 2015 09:03PM)
Wasn't a lot of attention drawn back to this when he had the car accident? (I know there were lots of sick jokes about him drag racing, etc.) Seems to me, though, that if you're a public figure like Jenner is, it would be pretty hard to keep a sex change secret.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 2, 2015 09:24PM)
Do any human beings have a private life anymore? Do our children even know private means?
Message: Posted by: Scott Burton (Jun 2, 2015 09:44PM)
A very good friend of mine just recently came out publicly as transgender. It has been really great to see this journey first hand rather than from a celebrity. It is certainly more human than spectacle when it is a friend. Recent advances in acceptance have allowed more people to live their authentic lives. It is very good that conversations are happening.
Message: Posted by: The Hermit (Jun 2, 2015 10:03PM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, irossall wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card. [/quote]

I agree but reality TV or Fictitious TV, Rock Star, Celebrity of any sort, deserves and should have a private Life. Same as any Human. Same as you and me.

Just because "You don't get to play the my private Life is nobody's business card", doesn't make it right. Wrong is Wrong, PERIOD!
-Iven [/quote]

The reason he is out there is because his people secured the Vanity Fair cover months ago. These things aren't done in a week. He put himself out there to make money off it and maybe reveal his true self. He is trading on his personal life. We should be free to ridicule it. He puts it in our face because it's to his benefit. Only fair we can have an opinion and make sick jokes if we want. He wasn't even much of a celebrity on the KUWTK show. Now he overshadows them. Maybe it's his shot at one upping Kris Jenner. It's interesting to me that he chose a name like Caitlyn, usually spelled with a K and used a C. All his and her kids names start with K. The whole thing is pathetic. A real person struggling with identity would probably have a change quietly and make themselves comfortable. Bruce is coming out as the main act in a three ring circus of crazy. He wants the controversy because it means money. That group created fame for nothing. This is really nothing.
Message: Posted by: ZachDavenport (Jun 3, 2015 01:43AM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, tommy wrote:
Do any human beings have a private life anymore? Do our children even know private means? [/quote]
I do. Most people I know don't know much more about me than my name and basic personality. Some even know me only as "The guy with the cards."
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 3, 2015 02:06AM)
Give my regards to Alison.
Message: Posted by: stoneunhinged (Jun 3, 2015 02:26AM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, tommy wrote:
Give my regards to Alison. [/quote]

: :applause:
Message: Posted by: irossall (Jun 3, 2015 03:39AM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, irossall wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card. [/quote]

I agree but reality TV or Fictitious TV, Rock Star, Celebrity of any sort, deserves and should have a private Life. Same as any Human. Same as you and me.

Just because "You don't get to play the my private Life is nobody's business card", doesn't make it right. Wrong is Wrong, PERIOD!
-Iven [/quote]

The reason he is out there is because his people secured the Vanity Fair cover months ago. These things aren't done in a week. He put himself out there to make money off it and maybe reveal his true self. He is trading on his personal life. We should be free to ridicule it. He puts it in our face because it's to his benefit. Only fair we can have an opinion and make sick jokes if we want. He wasn't even much of a celebrity on the KUWTK show. Now he overshadows them. Maybe it's his shot at one upping Kris Jenner. It's interesting to me that he chose a name like Caitlyn, usually spelled with a K and used a C. All his and her kids names start with K. The whole thing is pathetic. A real person struggling with identity would probably have a change quietly and make themselves comfortable. Bruce is coming out as the main act in a three ring circus of crazy. He wants the controversy because it means money. That group created fame for nothing. This is really nothing. [/quote]

If what you say is true, it really doesn't matter.

What matters is the fact that too many People of different persuasions (many of them are kids) are ridiculed and bullied, end up withdrawing from Family and society or end up committing suicide.
Real funny. Let's all have fun and a good laugh. After all, why should we care about some freak of nature? They are just weirdo's looking for attention (or a paycheck).

Just remember this. As you criticize Bruce Jenner, you ridicule EVERYONE who is different. You are even ridiculing GOD, the maker of all creatures, even the "Freaks".
-Iven
Message: Posted by: Intrepid (Jun 3, 2015 06:04AM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Wasn't a lot of attention drawn back to this when he had the car accident? (I know there were lots of sick jokes about him drag racing, etc.) Seems to me, though, that if you're a public figure like Jenner is, it would be pretty hard to keep a sex change secret. [/quote]

The press will move on to criticizing his fashion soon enough, like they're fond of doing to all female celebrities.
Message: Posted by: The Hermit (Jun 3, 2015 09:32AM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, irossall wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, irossall wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If you take a reality TV deal, you don't get to play the "My private life is nobody's business" card. [/quote]

I agree but reality TV or Fictitious TV, Rock Star, Celebrity of any sort, deserves and should have a private Life. Same as any Human. Same as you and me.

Just because "You don't get to play the my private Life is nobody's business card", doesn't make it right. Wrong is Wrong, PERIOD!
-Iven [/quote]

The reason he is out there is because his people secured the Vanity Fair cover months ago. These things aren't done in a week. He put himself out there to make money off it and maybe reveal his true self. He is trading on his personal life. We should be free to ridicule it. He puts it in our face because it's to his benefit. Only fair we can have an opinion and make sick jokes if we want. He wasn't even much of a celebrity on the KUWTK show. Now he overshadows them. Maybe it's his shot at one upping Kris Jenner. It's interesting to me that he chose a name like Caitlyn, usually spelled with a K and used a C. All his and her kids names start with K. The whole thing is pathetic. A real person struggling with identity would probably have a change quietly and make themselves comfortable. Bruce is coming out as the main act in a three ring circus of crazy. He wants the controversy because it means money. That group created fame for nothing. This is really nothing. [/quote]

If what you say is true, it really doesn't matter.

What matters is the fact that too many People of different persuasions (many of them are kids) are ridiculed and bullied, end up withdrawing from Family and society or end up committing suicide.
Real funny. Let's all have fun and a good laugh. After all, why should we care about some freak of nature? They are just weirdo's looking for attention (or a paycheck).

Just remember this. As you criticize Bruce Jenner, you ridicule EVERYONE who is different. You are even ridiculing GOD, the maker of all creatures, even the "Freaks".
-Iven [/quote]

OK Hold on Just remember this, I am ridiculing Bruce, not everyone. I got no beef with God either. Bruce isn't a victim here however much he wants to seem that way. 'God gave hime a soul of a woman but put it in a male body' Bull. God by definition doesn't make mistakes. He is creating this thing and promoting it. It's not a handicap. I am also tired of the whole bullying crap. Everybody growing up is bullied in some manner. When you get to the workforce, same. You better learn how to handle bullies when you're young because they are always there. So next time you want to connect unrelated dots, don't. Don't draw inferences from my comments that are no supported by the comment.
Message: Posted by: Kabbalah (Jun 3, 2015 12:26PM)
Just a promo for his new show...

[youtube]-JqZdHh5UYU[/youtube]
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Jun 3, 2015 12:49PM)
Keeping in mind that Jenner was and remains primarily if not exclusively attracted to women, this is a big win for the conservatives in the "Is homosexuality a choice?" debate. :D
Message: Posted by: NYCTwister (Jun 3, 2015 01:06PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Keeping in mind that Jenner was and remains primarily if not exclusively attracted to women, this is a big win for the conservatives in the "Is homosexuality a choice?" debate. :D [/quote]

Thanks Lobo. I needed a laugh just then.
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Jun 3, 2015 01:10PM)
Happy to help!
Message: Posted by: ZachDavenport (Jun 3, 2015 01:19PM)
Straight guy gone lesbian.
Message: Posted by: Kabbalah (Jun 3, 2015 01:44PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:

Straight guy gone lesbian. [/quote]

Something tells me you don't know the definition of lesbian.
Message: Posted by: Magnus Eisengrim (Jun 3, 2015 03:33PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:

Straight guy gone lesbian. [/quote]

Something tells me you don't know the definition of lesbian. [/quote]

A native of Lesbos?

[img]http://www.greece-travel-secrets.com/images/Lesbos_Locator_Map.jpg[/img]
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Jun 3, 2015 03:56PM)
Without nuts.
Message: Posted by: The Hermit (Jun 3, 2015 04:56PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, Dynamike wrote:
Without nuts. [/quote]


Let the fun begin
Message: Posted by: Ray Tupper. (Jun 3, 2015 05:58PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:

Straight guy gone lesbian. [/quote]

Something tells me you don't know the definition of lesbian. [/quote]
Man finds women sexually attractive.
Man turns into a woman and still finds women sexually attractive.
For humours sake, as he was trying to be light hearted, is as near to lesbianism as can be.
Tongue firmly in ..... cheek.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 3, 2015 06:07PM)
All Jenner needs now is a dimly lit tent and a circus.
Message: Posted by: Intrepid (Jun 3, 2015 08:42PM)
For what its worth, an uncanny bit from a 2009 Family Guy episode.
[youtube]4BE18ac3zY4[/youtube]
Message: Posted by: Destiny (Jun 3, 2015 10:42PM)
Husband to wife: I want to leave you and the kids and have sexual reassignment surgery.

Typical wife: OMG, my life is ruined. I don't understand. How can I explain this to the kids?

Kris Jenner: OMG. We will make squillions. I'll start working on the media strategy.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 3, 2015 10:47PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Keeping in mind that Jenner was and remains primarily if not exclusively attracted to women, this is a big win for the conservatives in the "Is homosexuality a choice?" debate. :D [/quote]
He is a conservative Republican so what else would you expect?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/04/27/bruce-jenner-is-a-republican-heres-the-reason-that-shouldnt-surprise-you/
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 3, 2015 10:48PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, Dynamike wrote:
Without nuts. [/quote]

Let the fun begin

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/uploads/60692_20150603175639.jpg
[/quote]
FWIW, I told essentially the same joke much better months ago.
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 4, 2015 12:00AM)
What celebrity woman or women do any of you believe will date Jenner?

Of course if a relationship were to get really serious it would bring up the question of marriage or civil union...wait isn't that another topic? How complicated can this get? I am sure many here believe that this is all just NORMAL.
Message: Posted by: NYCTwister (Jun 4, 2015 12:23AM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, acesover wrote:
What celebrity woman or women do any of you believe will date Jenner?

Of course if a relationship were to get really serious it would bring up the question of marriage or civil union...wait isn't that another topic? How complicated can this get? I am sure many here believe that this is all just NORMAL. [/quote]

It's very complicated, and is far from what is considered to be normal......yet.

It's just change.

Nothing to be afraid of.
Message: Posted by: Destiny (Jun 4, 2015 12:26AM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, acesover wrote:
What celebrity woman or women do any of you believe will date Jenner?

Of course if a relationship were to get really serious it would bring up the question of marriage or civil union...wait isn't that another topic? How complicated can this get? I am sure many here believe that this is all just NORMAL. [/quote]


It's all just a soap opera - in a year or two, when ratings drop, Kanye will leave Kim for Caitlin, and they'll be in the headlines again, and make lots more bucks. The script writers must have so much fun on reality TV.

*And anyone who is surprised at how well Caitlin scrubs up should google for a pic of Kim without the warpaint on.
Message: Posted by: NYCTwister (Jun 4, 2015 12:39AM)
There's no doubt that all of this is being used for monetary gain.

However that doesn't change the fact that this is who she is, and always has been.

Does anyone think that she's doing all of this, the hormonal therapy, the surgery, et.al. as a publicity stunt?
Message: Posted by: Destiny (Jun 4, 2015 12:52AM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
There's no doubt that all of this is being used for monetary gain.

However that doesn't change the fact that this is who she is, and always has been.

Does anyone think that she's doing all of this, the hormonal therapy, the surgery, et.al. as a publicity stunt? [/quote]

I don't, but I'm a bit old fashioned about all this parading your life for monetary gain - tens of thousands have gone this route, most without any of the advantage Caitlin Jenner has so I can't help but be cynical about the people characterising her as brave and a ground breaker etc etc.

This story is only about one thing - the Jenner/Kardashian clans ruthless pursuit of money.

I must admit I also am a trifle contemptuous of people who deny who they are to themselves for decades, and then when they finally come clean with themselves, cause untold grief to wives and children, who usually, unlike the Jenner/Kardashians, are confused and hurt, and probably feel betrayed to some extent. I fail to see the bravery in that - in fact I see cowardice.
Message: Posted by: Slim King (Jun 4, 2015 03:06AM)
Remember when the whistleblower guy who exposed the murder of two reporters in Iraq, wanted to be turned into a woman Chelsea or something like that? Liberals attacked her/him relentlessly ... They put him in prison for 35 years.
Is he less brave than Bruce? :sun:
Message: Posted by: Intrepid (Jun 4, 2015 04:59AM)
Older than the "Family Guy" episode was this bit from "Married with Children" twenty years ago. A case of art imitating life, or life imitating art?
[youtube]juPn7yGObm8[/youtube]
Message: Posted by: Dougini (Jun 4, 2015 11:02AM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, Dynamike wrote:
Without nuts. [/quote]

BWAAAH hahahaha! ROFLMFAO! I just spewed my iced tea all over! What a mess! Thanks Mike! I needed that!

Doug
Message: Posted by: ed rhodes (Jun 4, 2015 03:45PM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Commentary from the [url=http://www.ajc.com/gallery/news/opinion/best-luckovich-june-2015/gCS8L/#7361958]Atlanta Journal Constitution[/url]

[img]http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/aresize/980x620/img/photos/2015/06/01/2b/4e/lk060215_color.jpg[/img] [/quote]

Clever, but I think models (and strippers) are the only areas where women actually make more than men.
Message: Posted by: ed rhodes (Jun 4, 2015 03:47PM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
Depends on what you mean by fell. The Roman Empire started to come apart in 200AD (most historians) from civil war, attacks and people not caring who was emperor. If you were a citizen of Rome, you wouldn't have noticed. It wasn't until 410 that the city was taken. Magnus your response implies that it came apart after adopting Christianity. Christianity was becoming widespread among the slaves and common citizens. It was replacing the various God cults. Constantine adopted what was happening and used the Nicene counsel to codify it. And, moving the capital to Byzantium probably helped the fall of Rome itself. That and all the gayness. [/quote]

Christine Jogenson (sp)
Wendy Carlos

You're acting like this is the first time a celebrity has changed their sex.
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 4, 2015 04:43PM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
Depends on what you mean by fell. The Roman Empire started to come apart in 200AD (most historians) from civil war, attacks and people not caring who was emperor. If you were a citizen of Rome, you wouldn't have noticed. It wasn't until 410 that the city was taken. Magnus your response implies that it came apart after adopting Christianity. Christianity was becoming widespread among the slaves and common citizens. It was replacing the various God cults. Constantine adopted what was happening and used the Nicene counsel to codify it. And, moving the capital to Byzantium probably helped the fall of Rome itself. That and all the gayness. [/quote]

Christine Jogenson (sp)
Wendy Carlos

You're acting like this is the first time a celebrity has changed their sex. [/quote]

I don't believe Christine was a celebrity until after her surgery. Not familiar with Carlos.
Message: Posted by: Darth_Prime (Jun 4, 2015 04:46PM)
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruce-jenner-makes-debut-as-woman-on-vanity-fair-call-me-caitlyn/ar-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming. [/quote]
What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

:) [/quote]

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. :) [/quote]

She is not Bruce though, She is Caitlyn, Bruce was a facade she was forced to live as
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Jun 4, 2015 05:02PM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Commentary from the [url=http://www.ajc.com/gallery/news/opinion/best-luckovich-june-2015/gCS8L/#7361958]Atlanta Journal Constitution[/url]

[img]http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/aresize/980x620/img/photos/2015/06/01/2b/4e/lk060215_color.jpg[/img] [/quote]

Clever, but I think models (and strippers) are the only areas where women actually make more than men. [/quote]


How much more do the male new hires make at Wal-Mart than the female new hires?
Message: Posted by: arthur stead (Jun 4, 2015 05:07PM)
Some of you might remember Renée Richards, the tennis pro who had a gender change operation. Many years ago (when this was big news), I attended a Halloween party where a husband and wife team arrived wearing a unique costume combination. The wife was dressed in a tennis outfit (representing Renée Richards). The husband was dressed as a tennis ball canister (as Renée's balls).
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 4, 2015 06:14PM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruce-jenner-makes-debut-as-woman-on-vanity-fair-call-me-caitlyn/ar-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming. [/quote]
What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

:) [/quote]

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. :) [/quote]

She is not Bruce though, She is Caitlyn, Bruce was a facade she was forced to live as [/quote]


What? :confused:
Message: Posted by: Darth_Prime (Jun 4, 2015 06:28PM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, acesover wrote:
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruce-jenner-makes-debut-as-woman-on-vanity-fair-call-me-caitlyn/ar-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming. [/quote]
What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

:) [/quote]

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. :) [/quote]

She is not Bruce though, She is Caitlyn, Bruce was a facade she was forced to live as [/quote]


What? :confused: [/quote]

Sorry, what I mean is that is not "Bruce on the cover in a swim suit" Bruce is just a name she was given at Birth, she has always been Caitlyn.
Message: Posted by: rockwall (Jun 4, 2015 09:41PM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Commentary from the [url=http://www.ajc.com/gallery/news/opinion/best-luckovich-june-2015/gCS8L/#7361958]Atlanta Journal Constitution[/url]

[img]http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/aresize/980x620/img/photos/2015/06/01/2b/4e/lk060215_color.jpg[/img] [/quote]

Clever, but I think models (and strippers) are the only areas where women actually make more than men. [/quote]

Well, I sure hope someone is protesting THAT!!!!
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 4, 2015 10:15PM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, Darth_Prime wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, acesover wrote:
Http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/bruce-jenner-makes-debut-as-woman-on-vanity-fair-call-me-caitlyn/ar-BBkuOdn

Did not see this coming. [/quote]
What did you not see coming? Jenner's interview in Vanity Fair was announced a while back.

A line from the interview: "I'm not doing this so I can hit it off the women’s tee."

Oh, wait, don't tell me ... You're upset about the 'no pants' thing again.

:) [/quote]

What I never saw coming was Bruce on the cover of "Vanity Fair" in a woman's bathing suit. That is what I never saw coming. Guess you knew all along. That is because you are so clever and sophisticated.

I am not upset about anything. Who said I am upset? I am a little startled that he looks so good. :) [/quote]

She is not Bruce though, She is Caitlyn, Bruce was a facade she was forced to live as [/quote]


As long as you brought it up. Who won the Olympic Gold, Bruce or Caitlyn?
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 5, 2015 01:09AM)
[quote]On Jun 4, 2015, Intrepid wrote:
Older than the "Family Guy" episode was this bit from "Married with Children" twenty years ago. A case of art imitating life, or life imitating art?
[youtube]juPn7yGObm8[/youtube] [/quote]
As I mentioned earlier, Jenner was transitioning since the 1980s. And kept it quiet, out of the public eye, for decades. Everyone whining about how he/she is an attention hog seems to miss that point.

But clearly, even though the public was unaware of what was going on, some people in Jenner's personal life and some people in Hollywood knew the score. Their private in-crowd winks / jokes / nods of acknowledgement are only know becoming evident to us common folk.
Message: Posted by: Destiny (Jun 5, 2015 05:22AM)
We, all of us, need to be tolerant.

I believe Zach is dead wrong about homosexuality and transsexuality but don't need to disprove his religious beliefs to contest his views on that.

He's only 15. I was still an altar boy at that age - not because I believed mind you, but because there wasn't much else to do in a rural town of 200 people, but it just shows you never know where the future will lead a 15 year old - it's up to him, to make the best of his life, how he sees fit and hopefully he makes the best of this wonderful life, despite all the trials and tribulations it brings, and if he does that as a Christian what business is it of ours, so long as he doesn't infringe on our right to live our lives. If he makes what we think are rude or inappropriate remarks about Caitlyn Jenner, I don't think it's a problem to caution that good manners cost nothing, but people shouldn't be censored from giving their honest opinion - nor should we be censored from arguing back.

This hurling of accusations about pedophilia back and forth doesn't do a thing for the discussion - not all religious, not even a sizeable percentage, from my observation of the world, are pedophiles - and the same is true of homosexuals. The only studies I have seen suggest the vast bulk of molestation occurs when heterosexual male family or friends molest girls, but that doesn't make heterosexuality wrong, or all heterosexual males pedophiles.

There was homosexuality in Rome, like in just about any other culture I've ever read about, but it doesn't seem to have been of greater incidence than now, or at other times - it's just more scandalous, so it gets attention. They certainly kept having kids, which in those pre turkey baster days probably indicated heterosexual activity, and I'd guess Caesar and Mark Antony were attracted to Cleopatra because she was a female, though if her make-up was anything like in the movies perhaps she scammed them by pretending to be a drag queen.
Message: Posted by: Darth_Prime (Jun 6, 2015 07:00PM)
[quote]On Jun 5, 2015, acesover wrote:
NYCtwister said: Let's get back to the OP which is about Caitlyn Jenners situation, and how Aces can't believe how good she looks.

OK. let me addres that comment of mine.

Most any guy looking at that photo of Bruce or Caitlyn, take your pick and not knowing all the facts, will I believe he or she Caitlyn or Bruce again take your pick looks rather sultry (look it up) as a woman. Compounded by the fact that he or she is 65. If I had a woman on my arm that looked like that I certainly would not be embarrassed of the eye candy and I am sure I would, I should say we as a couple would get a few stares. Come on now...not knowing what is under that bathing suit one has to agree that it is a fine looking creature from a guy's perspective. But knowing what I know. I would not have Bruce or again take your pick Caitlyn on my arm. Besides to me, my wife is even more attractive.

Hope that helps explain my comment of "looking good". I certainly don't take it back. Let me add. I think Destiny looks just as good. [/quote]

It's not a "take your pick". it's Caitlyn