(Close Window)
Topic: Canadian Cities on Jeopardy
These guys got zero. Are the questions really that hard?

[youtube]uAdDUD6L1nc[/youtube]
The funny thing is that the woman's name is Victoria.
... even funnier is the fact that although I have traveled all across Canada many times, I didn't know any of the answers either!
Canada?
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
The funny thing is that the woman's name is Victoria. [/quote]
And Randy doesn't look the least bit aroused.
[quote]On Jun 3, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:

These guys got zero. Are the questions really that hard?
[/quote]
Zero is sort of pathetic. It's not just that they got them wrong, but some of the guesses were just so far off.

FWIW, I knew two for sure and was close to knowing a third. But I found a couple rather obscure.
It's like asking someone about how an ant lives. Canadian cities are simply irrelevant to most of us.
I'm certain we Americans could find equally challenging questions for Canadians (no disrespect intended). Why the need for bashing here Magnus and Balducci?
Bashing? I asked if the questions were hard.
Perhaps it was the manner in which you asked. Sometimes things aren't completely understood in written comments as they are when speaking them. However, certainly Balducci clearly came across as bashing: "Zero is sort of pathetic."
[quote]On Jun 6, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Bashing? I asked if the questions were hard. [/quote]

That's all relative. They're hard if you don't know the answers!
[quote]On Jun 5, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:
I'm certain we Americans could find equally challenging questions for Canadians (no disrespect intended). Why the need for bashing here Magnus and Balducci? [/quote]
If I was 'bashing' (which I did not think I was), it was only directed towards the contestants missing all of the questions as a group. As I said, I could not answer all of the questions myself. But a couple were embarrassingly easy. I stand by "zero is sort of pathetic" in the sense that none of the three contestants as a group could get even one.

I like your replacement idea, though. I imagine something like this:

Replace "Residents of this Saskatchewan city are called Moose Javians" with "Residents of this Massachusetts city are called Bostonians".

Replace "This Alberta resort was the first municipality to be incorporated within a Canadian national park" with "This famous geyser regularly erupts in Wyoming in the first national park established in the United States".

Replace "In 1992 this city's velodrome, once used in the Olympic games, was transformed into a environmental biodome" with "A Soviet-led boycott took place of the Olympic games in this city".

:)
The only question I thought to be obscure was the swans on the river Avon. Stratford is well known in Canada but is anything but a major or famous city.