(Close Window)
Topic: Alternatives to YouTube
Are there any popular alternatives to YouTube?
Any suggestions?
Vimeo. For the more professional and serious producers.
Zlwin is right. There are amazing short films on Vimeo.

Also, amazing video is happening on mobile devices, too. (Snapchat, Beme, Periscope, etc.) Worth checking out!
Vimeo also gives you more opportunity to control your video, including who can see it. They also let you upload updated versions of your video without needing a new link.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2015, tvmikek wrote:
Vimeo also gives you more opportunity to control your video, including who can see it. They also let you upload updated versions of your video without needing a new link. [/quote]
Agree! I saw a lot of professionals magician use Vimeo instead of Youtube :D
I'd give Vimeo another vote!

Also worth looking at JW Player: https://www.jwplayer.com/pricing/

It's not a platform where people will go to find videos, but it allows you to embed videos on your site using a totally customisable player (right down to what all the buttons look like). But for most uses, I think Vimeo's a great choice.
Vine, snapchat and instagram is also a great alternative if you want to take the social media route.
A lot of famous magician are using instagram cause it would reach more audience.
Also, you can post directly onto facebook or instagram. I recently had great success with making a "web series" for facebook, the videos were between three and six minutes long and they really added a lot to my web presence. I think I got about ten professional gigs from the series of eight short videos.
What is your definition of "professional gigs" so we are understanding you?
If you want quality of video, def. Vimeo
If you are looking to build a following, Youtube is still the king. Next in line are either Snapchat/Instagram for the younger demographic.
Facebook IMO is dying slowly since most younger audiences interact on Snapchat more than anything.
Hi guys,

Does anyone of you know how to embed a Vimeo clip in a post here? Hyperlinking is easy, I guess, but I would love to see the picture frame. TMC does have an opportunity to do this with Youtube. All help is very welcome! Thanks, Luc.
I am posting to this for absolutely no other reason than that it will be in my profile and I can access it easily!
[quote]On Sep 11, 2017, Nash wrote:
If you want quality of video, def. Vimeo
If you are looking to build a following, Youtube is still the king. Next in line are either Snapchat/Instagram for the younger demographic.
Facebook IMO is dying slowly since most younger audiences interact on Snapchat more than anything. [/quote]

So would you lean more toward Youtube or Instagram to ensure some views?

I'm planning something involving beer, and this seems relevant to my interests.
YouTube will always be king in my opinion, but Facebook and Instagram magic has also become really popular in the recent years.