(Close Window)
Topic: Shadow Peek by Pablo Amira
Http://amirasideasvideos.blogspot.com/2015/06/shadow-peek.html?m=1

Pablo Amira's Shadow Peek is another gem that I've come across. Mr. Amira was kind enough to let me test this.

What you are purchasing is more than a peek, you are purchasing a piece of Pablo's mind and his unique perception.

In the download, Pablo walks the viewers through multiple variations of his peek.

Pablo notes that this is ideal for business cards. But I tried it with normal paper cut in business card size and it works like a charm.

Viewers will truly love this because you learn how to flat out manipulate a billet without tearing or doing anything suspicious. It's so easy, even I can do it. Hey, can we make that a tag line for the effect?

- Cedric Taylor
There so many peeks on the market. And variations of peeks. And variations of variations of peeks. What peek is this a variation of?
Could it be the peek's peaked?

And yet another peek to pique our interest.
Thanks Cedric with your words. I know that you will make good use of the "Shadow Peek".

Sean, in the first phase, this technique was inspired directly from my own "Caterpillar Peek", which was created to do p##k work with square pieces of paper. After further investigation, the "Shadow Peek" has some similarities with the work of Barrie Richardson´s work, so I can reference that as well, although it was created independently (thanks to Allen Zingg for his help)
The "Shadow Peek" is a good alternative in my opinion to the range of options that are normally used in p##k work, for that reason I decide to release it as a workable technique with many variations, a lot of which I share in the video lesson.
Gives you a 50% of visibility of the b##let with basically not much work at all. Just proper performing and participant´s direction. I have use this for casual situations an in professional work on close up and stage. Just a business card type paper and a pen. No preparation needed.

Any other question, just contact me.

Best
Ok thanks Amira. It's impossible for me to work out if I would use it or not. I have my preferred peeks which I'm very comfortable with but I also like to see any new innovations so I dunno...

For now I'll hold on for some reviews from paying customers that I trust, but thanks for the info.
If my word means anything, let me tell you, I truly suck when it comes to billet tears and peeks. It's not that I don't know them, I just can't execute them naturally enough to be deceptive. In the Shadow Peek, Pablo eliminates the dirty moments. I couldn't get away an imaginary pet in front of a room full of empty chairs. Lol.

I guess the best thing to let you know if how this looks from an audience point of view:

If done in front of a camera, the audience sees:

Performer takes a folded billet from spectator and reads mind

When the performer takes the billet from the spectator, he has several options:

Peek the billet right that moment, without any moves, foldings, tears, etc. You can at this point, place it in your pockets or in an envelope.

Do a Ran Pink-ish type tear. Having done Ran's tear, this tear is not the move to get the peek. Pablo's tear is the clean up for the peek. You have done the peek before the tear occurs. The info is already obtained.

To the audience, the billet never changes form. All they see is you grab the billet and tear it. No extra folds. The audience point of view is the deception.
I'm a bit puzzled.

'Viewers will truly love this because you learn how to flat out manipulate a billet without tearing or doing anything suspicious.'

and then

'To the audience, the billet never changes form. All they see is you grab the billet and tear it.'

Is the billet torn or not?
Those are two variations. Pablo presents a lot of ways to do this. You choose your own variation
Thanks for the interest guys.

Regarding the technique taught, the core method falls in the category of "p##k". I add a bonus variant at the end of the video for those who want to try other approach with the tear procedure BUT the main value in here is the opportunity to p##k a half b#llet just in the casual action of holding it.

Any other question can be answered on here or privately :)

Best
Looks as if this might be worth a peek ....
The 50% throws me. You only see half. Does that limit what can be asked? I mean, what if you peek the wrong half. Do you have to control where the billet is written on. Are you relying on being able to know what's written from partial info gained or are you saying if they write in an area of the billet, which is 50% of it's size, you get a full peek at the info
[quote]On Jun 19, 2015, takeachance wrote:
The 50% throws me. You only see half. Does that limit what can be asked? I mean, what if you peek the wrong half. Do you have to control where the billet is written on. Are you relying on being able to know what's written from partial info gained or are you saying if they write in an area of the billet, which is 50% of it's size, you get a full peek at the info [/quote]

don't worry about that 😉. You are in control of what happens. You always get the info that you need on that 50%. With AN you have 25% and you can do legendary stuff with it.
As a matter of fact, I have a variant that I keep for myself for doing more than 50%, but that's for myself for now.

Best
I always enjoy Pablo's style, so I will be buying this.
[quote]On Jun 20, 2015, tctahoe wrote:
I always enjoy Pablo's style, so I will be buying this. [/quote]

Thanks TC for your interest. I am sure that you will enjoy the ballet on your hands ;)

Best
Pablo, I really like your shadow peek. It's a good addition to any peek collection. Reminds me of some of Richard Busch's work, but still
different enough to stand on its own. Good job !

Best
I intend to use this as I load a billet into a locket threaded on a pendulum.

Also Pablo is to be congratulated in the many ways he shows how this peek can be used. On the video one of the neatest is securing the folded billet by a paperclip. Smart thinking.
I love Shadow Peek! I also love Pablo's gentle style. I will be using this.
Thanks macgeddert, NeilS and TC for your kind words. The Shadow Peek is one of my favorites and I am glad that you can find value in this release.

Best
For those interested in getting an interesting special pack, a special offer for Café´s members:

Shadow Peek plus Caterpillar Peek (similar technique that I release some time ago in Amirism Vol 3) just for $20 :)

Best
Been using Shadow Peek for a few gigs now and it really is wonderful.
[quote]On Jul 10, 2015, tctahoe wrote:
Been using Shadow Peek for a few gigs now and it really is wonderful. [/quote]

Glad to read that TC. Imagine the combination of this technique and pendulum work. I will just mention that, hopefully owners of the Shadow P33k can work new ways to use it.

Best
I'm working on something right now that The Shadow Peek is ideal for. What timing!
[quote]On Aug 11, 2015, Bill Cushman wrote:
I'm working on something right now that The Shadow Peek is ideal for. What timing! [/quote]

Thanks Dr. ! Your Mirabill is a nice piece of Mentalism that surely can take the Shadow P33k and dance a baillet ;)

Best
Shadow Peek SAME as Bruce Barrie Richardson's "Double Billet" // NOTHING CHANGES.

The pattern goes on and on and it's so strange some knowledge guys around here bless this kind of rip offs.

A great release recently taken off the market was DUPLICA BONUS by Jose Prager without ANY REASON and was doomed because of the comparison with Barrie Richardson's "Double Billet".
If its the same, then it should be withdrawn for sure...
[quote]On Nov 4, 2016, IAIN wrote:
If its the same, then it should be withdrawn for sure... [/quote]

Immediately.
Richardson's 'Double Billet' is a beautiful peek.
Hi Lseeyou. As soon as I created this technique for my own use, I contacted friends and colleagues to ask for similarities. Allen Zingg told me the similar nature of it and the plausibility of releasing this as a new contribution due the extra original touches.

This is not available anymore as single release, rather it will be part of my compendium book soon.

All the best
What [i]"extra original touches"[/i]?
[quote]On Nov 7, 2016, Amirá wrote:
Hi Lseeyou. As soon as I created this technique for my own use, I contacted friends and colleagues to ask for similarities. Allen Zingg told me the similar nature of it and the plausibility of releasing this as a new contribution due the extra original touches.[/quote]

Wow. So much dual reality in those couple of sentences. Newbies can learn a lot. I mean....seriously.
[quote]On Nov 7, 2016, Artie Fufkin wrote:
What [i]"extra original touches"[/i]? [/quote]

Well, he changed the name to a new name for a start.
Amira, I request that you donate all your proceeds (likely, in the thousands of dollars) from the sale of this publication to a non-profit organization. It makes me very mad when I see creators taking others' work and selling it as their own.
Amira, this is a lie! You are still selling this as a single release, see here: http://www.lybrary.com/shadow-peek-p-724964.html

You write, "this is not available anymore as a single release." Then, why lie?

Hi Lseeyou. As soon as I created this technique for my own use, I contacted friends and colleagues to ask for similarities. Allen Zingg told me the similar nature of it and the plausibility of releasing this as a new contribution due the extra original touches.

This is not available anymore as single release, rather it will be part of my compendium book soon.

All the best [/quote]
Thanks magicowner for point that! I forgot. I ask Chris already to remove it, sorry for the confusion.

Again, this is not the same as Barrie´s Double Billet. I did my research, ask people that I trust, for that reason I feel appropriate to release this technique and all the extra details that I found while playing with the Shadow Peek (including a tear technique) so it can be a contribution to fellow performers.

Any other question just contact me privately.

All the best
Again, this is not the same as Barrie´s Double Billet.[/quote]

Verbal deception/double play doesn't work please disregard it, honesty is a good thing for everyone!
Again... THIS IS THE SAME! If it wasn't there would be no reason to remove it.

Pablo... Pablo... there's a lot of effects on your books that were already created and fully available from another creators.

With this I'm not saying that you do not have good ideas/works but there's always room for personal improvement.

Have a great day!
It's a fine line.
[quote]On Nov 7, 2016, John C wrote:
It's a fine line. [/quote]
...drawn with a ruler called personal integrity - except when its not.
Mr Richardson was such a creative individual. He filled his beautifully written, illustrated and packaged books with fantastic useable material.

'Double Billet' is a gem.

And he seemed like a kind, gentle, honourable man.
He was the loveliest man ever...spent the afternoon with him once, after he lectured at Psycrets a few years ago now, we even dropped him off at my local train station and I carried his luggage down the stairs and sent him on his way into london, as he was having dinner with derren and a couple of others...

he told me I was "a poet"...which I think is one of the nicest compliments I've ever been given...
I would have loved to have met him.
I got "Act Two" and Barrie´s technique is very similar to my own independent creation "Shadow Peek", for that reason I will not publish it as my own creation on my upcoming compendium book.

I will remove it from all sites. Thanks everyone and sorry for this, sometimes these things happens even when Ď ask to knowledgeable billet people.

All the best and peace
Again, this is not the same as Barrie´s Double Billet. I did my research, ask people that I trust, for that reason I feel appropriate to release this technique and all the extra details that I found while playing with the Shadow Peek (including a tear technique) so it can be a contribution to fellow performers.[/quote]

From now on you should listen first and don't make affirmations like the one above when you don't know what you are talking about.

Congrats for getting the book and instead saying it is similiar why not saying it's the same? It's so easy Amira why not?

We all want peace but you need to have it in yourself. Giving us ignorance and acting like that is wanting everything else but peace.

All the best!
[quote]On Jan 21, 2017, Lseeyou wrote:
Again, this is not the same as Barrie´s Double Billet. I did my research, ask people that I trust, for that reason I feel appropriate to release this technique and all the extra details that I found while playing with the Shadow Peek (including a tear technique) so it can be a contribution to fellow performers.[/quote]

From now on you should listen first and don't make affirmations like the one above when you don't know what you are talking about.

Congrats for getting the book and instead saying it is similiar why not saying it's the same? It's so easy Amira why not?

We all want peace but you need to have it in yourself. Giving us ignorance and acting like that is wanting everything else but peace.

All the best! [/quote]

The problem with him taking it off the market now is that he already made money from it. Is he going to reinburse the people who purchased it or donate the money to charity? I think not... he talks about Jose being a thief, Jose took his product off the market immediately after finding out. Pablo tried to fight it tooth and nail until he couldn't. Integrity gentlemen, integrity.