(Close Window)
Topic: Jurassic World, anyone?
Anyone else see Jurassic World yet? Any thoughts?

We went to see it at the IMAX yesterday. The computer graphics were awesome, of course, but the story didn't do all that much for me. That bigmotherasaurus (the hybrid) was something else - when it roared at you, you could almost see down its throat. A bit of Smell-a-Vision and the illusion would have been perfect. Maybe overwhelmingly perfect.

BTW, Universal put together a web site designed like the place were a real theme park: www.jurassicworld.com.

Oh, BTW: spoiler: the butler did it.
It was good, I liked it.

I thought the storyline was okay.

It is Jurassic Park on steroids imho... :ohyes:
I was a bit worried that plot/writing would suffer in this film (haven't seen it yet, though).

My family watched "Jurassic Park" a few weeks ago when it was broadcast as a kind of an advertisement for "Jurassic World," and some of the lines in THAT movie had me rolling my eyes. That, btw, was the only movie I came out of with bruises on my arm. From my wife. When the TRex was running after the jeep (?) in its first appearance in the flick, that's when it happened.
If this were to happen, would we accept something like live dinosaurs so readily? And do you think the world would allow them to be put on display as in the movies?

Sadly, I think the answer to both questions is "Yes". Here is an excerpt from an episode of The Twilight Zone, "To Serve Man":

[i]That's the odd thing. The fantastic ease with which human beings make adjustments. One day they watch with bated breath while a single person orbits around the world in a rinky-dink cubicle and they think of this as the most historic moment in the history of mankind. One year later they stand in line waiting to get into a space ship to take them a hundred million miles away in space and they act and react as if it were
a weekend picnic in the country. The strange and complex sanity of man. Nothing fazes them.[/i]
I've done a fair amount of work in theme parks, and one of the things that was going thru my head during the movie was that the park would need one heckuva lot of insurance and one heckuva big legal team. One bite by a dino and the ambulance chasers would leave the velociraptors in the dust.

Hmmm... I wonder if FOX News would want to have a full-time correspondent at the park? :)
Ok, I just got back from seeing it.

Yes, there is lots of stupid to be found here - intentional and unintentional - some real eye-rollers and head-shakers, but the payoff of the last 20 minutes or so was worth it...and the finale...didn't see that coming!

Didn't recognize Vincent D'Onofrio from "Law and Order"!
It has a Godzilla feel to it imho... ;)
[quote]On Jun 21, 2015, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
It has a Godzilla feel to it imho... ;) [/quote]

Has Vincent D'Onofrio gotten [i]that[/i] big?
[quote]On Jun 21, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
[quote]On Jun 21, 2015, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
It has a Godzilla feel to it imho... ;) [/quote]

Has Vincent D'Onofrio gotten [i]that[/i] big? [/quote]

That's not nice... :giggles:
My son was two when we purchased a VHS tape of the original Jurassic Park. He was having a great time until the part where the Tyrannosaur went wild. At that point, his eyes went big as saucers and he hid behind the green chair in our TV room. I thought it was quite interesting, because he had absolutely no idea what a dinosaur was before watching that movie. But apparently, there is an innate and hardwired fear of large predators with sharp teeth that needs no explanation or coaching from parents.

Of course, once he realized that it was just a movie, he watched it 27 times in a row.

Looking forward to seeing the new one with him, now that he is a small adult with hairy legs.
Here's our Maine Coon, Rocky, auditioning for the next movie. He wants to play Rockysaurus Rex.

[img]http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t606/georgefledo/Rockysaurus_zpsrb9ajii3.jpg[/img]
What do you say when you're hiding from a Trex?

Doyouthinkhesawus Rex
Message: Posted by: Daryl -the other brother (Jun 22, 2015 08:34PM)
Saw it today in Imax 3D. After all the reviews I'd read I wasn't expecting much in ways of the story line or the acting, be to me "Jurassic Anything" = Dinosaurs and in that respect it delivered. Dinosaurs on land, dinosaurs in the water and dinosaurs in the air. All with sharp teeth and a monstrous appetite! All things considered, nice addition to the franchise.
[quote]On Jun 22, 2015, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Saw it today in Imax 3D. After all the reviews I'd read I wasn't expecting much in ways of the story line or the acting, be to me "Jurassic Anything" = Dinosaurs and in that respect it delivered. Dinosaurs on land, dinosaurs in the water and dinosaurs in the air. All with sharp teeth and a monstrous appetite! All things considered, nice addition to the franchise. [/quote]

A great review. It seems that they accomplished their goal and put out entertainment. That is all that is asked. With that in mind I will make it a point to see it.

Thanks
I found it better than 2 and 3 but too similar to 1. So, just OK for me. Fun but not great.
It is nothing but the original movie with better tech to make it.

Expect Jurassic Universe to be released in about a decade.
[quote]On Jun 23, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is nothing but the original movie with better tech to make it.

Expect Jurassic Universe to be released in about a decade.[/quote]
You obviously know nothing about marketing.

If you make Jurassic Universe, you're done.

You need to make at least Jurassic Solar System, then Jurassic Galaxy, then Jurassic Universe. That's three more installments in the franchise, not just one.
My ignorance shines through once again LOL.
I chalk it up to stress over the imminent opening of the new show.
OH please. My ignorance long predates that.
Jurassic Space.

Dinosaurs loose on a spaceship bound for a distant planet.

I'd pay money to see that. :ohyes:
That is basically the plot to Friday the 13th X. Only with Jason Voorhees as opposed to dinosaurs.
[quote]On Jun 24, 2015, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Jurassic Space.
Dinosaurs loose on a spaceship bound for a distant planet.
I'd pay money to see that. :ohyes: [/quote]
Interesting. I wrote a "half novel/half outline" on that back in '93 or '94.
Dannydoyle, I'd still pay to see that done well. :ohyes:

George Ledo, finish it. ;)
I saw the movie. There were some really absurd parts. It was a silly action film with good special effects. If you go into it with that expectation you will like it.
I found it a heck of a lot more entertaining than [b][i]Avengers: Age of Ultron[/i][/b].
Message: Posted by: Daryl -the other brother (Jun 26, 2015 01:03PM)
[quote]On Jun 26, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
There were some really absurd parts. [/quote]
""Click, Click, Click" :rolleyes:
[quote]On Jun 26, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
I saw the movie. There were some really absurd parts. It was a silly action film with good special effects. If you go into it with that expectation you will like it. [/quote]

So a movie about reanimated dinosaurs had some absurd parts?
[quote]On Jun 26, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
So a movie about reanimated dinosaurs had some absurd parts? [/quote]

Touché
Just saw it. Loved it. Yes, there were things that you would have trouble buying but it you pin you mind too closely to the "real world," you have no business going to a movie about re-created dinosaurs.

As far as "sequel" goes, they got the main scientist out with the embryos. Don't think that won't come up again.
Yes, the storyline wasn't oscar worthy; but then again what should we expect from the third sequel to an action adventure movie.

Yes, there were some elements that were a bit unbelievable. But once again its a modern day dino-movie. If you are expecting believability you didn't see the trailer or any of the previous movies - or the title of the movie.

Yes, the story was a bit predictable. Its a dinosaur movie. People clone dinos, people do something stupid, dinos get loose, dinos chase and eat people, dinos either killed, contained or people escape, story ends.

Yes, the graphics were great. Spielberg, Jurassic Park: those two names will get money for production.

Yes, it was the best Jurassic Park movie since the original.