(Close Window)
Topic: Wellington Is Still In Business!
I just talked to Bill at Wellington and he is still in business and wanted me to tell you all. I just ordered a prop from him.
Are you serious? When I last talked with him in early 2014 he said that he was retiring, and when I attempted to contact him earlier this year there was no answer.
I just bought something from Bill a month ago. He is still open for business.
Did he say anything about why he's still in buisness- changed his mind, had too many requests, etc. Also, any idea if he's still making everything on the site, or just a few things like the magic switchboard (when I last saw him he seemed discouraged that most items don't sell as much as that)?
He told me that the job he left to work at was eliminated, so he decided to continue on making magic effects. I don't know if he's making his full line, he didn't say.
Does anyone have a link to a website or a contact number?
It's WellingtonEnterprises.
Bill Schmeelk

wellingtonent.com
Http://www.wellingtonent.com/f_index.html

I just saw him a few weeks ago. I took my see through guillotine to him for some repairs. It doesn't look like he's making everything. He said that one of his main employees, someone who was a major help will never be back, so he's on his own.
Anyone have any recent contact with Wellington? I've tried to contact him several times regarding a Tri-Section and not gotten any response.
[quote]On Mar 28, 2018, thomasR wrote:
Anyone have any recent contact with Wellington? I've tried to contact him several times regarding a Tri-Section and not gotten any response. [/quote]

try Facebook. Someone just had success getting a response through Facebook.
[quote]On Mar 28, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
[quote]On Mar 28, 2018, thomasR wrote:
Anyone have any recent contact with Wellington? I've tried to contact him several times regarding a Tri-Section and not gotten any response. [/quote]

try Facebook. Someone just had success getting a response through Facebook. [/quote]

thanks! :)
I almost bought Tri-Section about 2-1/2 years ago. At the time, he had only one left and was not planning to make anymore.
[quote]On May 16, 2018, goodingda wrote:
I almost bought Tri-Section about 2-1/2 years ago. At the time, he had only one left and was not planning to make anymore. [/quote]

Interesting. I would think that would be one of the last things he would keep making, since it's a smaller item and he's the exclusive maker.

Maybe the right used one will appear one day!
I spoke to Bill S on the phone a few weeks ago. Hes moving shop and wont be up & going for a while; but it looks like hell be back at it sooner or later. I really hope so because there are a few things such as the Tri-Section Illusion that Id love to get.

There are bootleg pieces of garbage Tri-Sections on sale online for a fraction the price but I would rather wait forever than buy from one of those sleazy unscrupulous individuals. Hopefully I wont have to wait forever!
Glad to hear an update. I'm really wanting a Wellington Trisection as well! I'd also like to get one of his Bow Saw's, I have an Owen and I've heard the Wellington "works itself" - sounds like it would be worth the upgrade for me.
I'm glad you have a owen bow saw! How long have you had it?

I wish you many happy years with it!
I got mine in May. Got a great deal on it used. It's a great prop. As a kid I remember seeing Blackstone Jr. perform the Owen bow saw on TV so it's very cool to own the same prop.
Master craftsman.