(Close Window)
Topic: Art Bell Returns
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE ;)

[youtube]DsGT3dJO26Y[/youtube]
Oh yeah baby...
Thank-you MG for that information. This is awesome NEWS!
WEEEE HAAAAAAA ... This is awesome!!!!!!! :carrot:
Great news!!!
Awesome!
Oh man that is great news!
Very excited! This is great news!
How many late night drives while listening to Art Bell.
A great on-the-road companion and will have you watching the skies!
Does he hosts radio progrms?
This man has been responsible for promoting pseudo-science for ages. It's harmful. He never tries to counterpoint his guests and just lets then merrily yammer on about unproven "facts" and the masses eat this up like candy.
[quote]On Jul 6, 2015, Gregor Von G. wrote:
Does he hosts radio progrms? [/quote]

Yes, he was once the highest-rated late night radio talk show host in this country.
He also broadcast from his home.

The occult, the paranormal, monsters, UFO's and yes pseudoscience and protoscience were the over night discussions.

He was famous for not screening his caller's...and so you ended up hearing some very strange often wacky stories.
The callers did not fear being ridiculed on his show....this was key to its success.

It was spooky entertainment and NOT the conservative political talk show it was originally intended to be.
I love Art bell. He's a thinking man's radio host. He's open minded and isn't the pseudo-skeptic that a few might like to hear. I love the way he looks at every side of issues. He was the most popular and and sure he'll regain the throne in a few weeks or months.
[quote]On Jul 6, 2015, Slim King wrote:
I love Art bell. He's a thinking man's radio host. He's open minded and isn't the pseudo-skeptic that a few might like to hear. I love the way he looks at every side of issues. He was the most popular and and sure he'll regain the throne in a few weeks or months. [/quote]

He only listened to one side of the issue, the guests. He rarely did point-counterpoint. That's not how you look at "every side of the issue." At least not in my world. I'm a reporter. Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer if he was in my business.
Well Al .. I guess we will see. Do you think he will apply to you for a position at some time? If he does I'll warn him. OK?
[quote]On Jul 6, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:

He only listened to one side of the issue, the guests. He rarely did point-counterpoint. That's not how you look at "every side of the issue." At least not in my world. I'm a reporter. Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer if he was in my business. [/quote]

Has Art ever claimed to be a reporter? Genuinely asking.

I'm glad to hear he's coming back. Great entertainment. I have a wonderful memory of a long night drive from Austin, with Art on the radio. Didn't want the trip to end.
I don't think Art Bell has ever said he was an objective reporter or a reporter at all. He may have but finding it would take years of listening to previous shows. No matter, I love the shows especially the "spooky" subject matter and the errant wackos that call in on open lines lol. Art at least challenges the far fetched stories and I find it amusing and entertaining.
And Al, I may be alone but don't you find a little charm in his guests yammering merrily along? Sorry. That made me laugh because it's true. Sometimes though, he will quip in with a c'mon. Lol
I enjoyed the muggles scared of their own shadows...I'm not proud of it but I did.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2015, JAlenS wrote:
I don't think Art Bell has ever said he was an objective reporter or a reporter at all. He may have but finding it would take years of listening to previous shows. No matter, I love the shows especially the "spooky" subject matter and the errant wackos that call in on open lines lol. Art at least challenges the far fetched stories and I find it amusing and entertaining.
And Al, I may be alone but don't you find a little charm in his guests yammering merrily along? Sorry. That made me laugh because it's true. Sometimes though, he will quip in with a c'mon. Lol [/quote]

Where did I say Bell was a reporter? I said I WAS A REPORTER. I was responding to Slim's "I love the way he looks at every side of issues." comment, which is patently a lie. I even admitted that he WASN'T in my business with my comment "Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer IF HE WAS IN MY BUSINESS."

You must have been reading another comment by a different Al.

I don't think Al Desmond has ever said Art Bell was an objective reporter or a reporter at all.

Or maybe you could show me where I said that?
[quote]On Jul 7, 2015, Mr Timothy Gray wrote:

He only listened to one side of the issue, the guests. He rarely did point-counterpoint. That's not how you look at "every side of the issue." At least not in my world. I'm a reporter. Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer if he was in my business. [/quote]

Has Art ever claimed to be a reporter? Genuinely asking.

I'm glad to hear he's coming back. Great entertainment. I have a wonderful memory of a long night drive from Austin, with Art on the radio. Didn't want the trip to end. [/quote]

You must be having trouble comprehending my statement too. See my comment above.
Calm down, dear boy. This isn't a serious discussion. And my reading comprehension is just fine.
Calm down, dear boy. This isn't a serious discussion. And my reading comprehension is just fine. [/quote]

I'm quite calm. But don't attribute something to me that I didn't write. Agreed?
Yes, but despite however you were responding to Slim King (I don't read his posts anymore), you can't restrict Art Bell to the standards of your own profession. It isn't fair to Art. He's a entertainer. And a ***ed good one at that.
In addition, I never said Al Desmond said Art Bell called himself a reporter. I simply asked if Art Bell has ever called himself a reporter.
Yes, but despite however you were responding to Slim King (I don't read his posts anymore)...[/quote]

See. We agree on one thing. I try not to but his stupid remark about Art looking at both sides of an issue roped me in this time.

Soon enough you and I will be best friends.

I quiver thinking about it.
:cheers:
[quote]On Jul 7, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:
[quote]On Jul 7, 2015, JAlenS wrote:
And Al, I may be alone but don't you find a little charm in his guests yammering merrily along? Sorry. That made me laugh because it's true. Sometimes though, he will quip in with a c'mon. Lol [/quote]

Where did I say Bell was a reporter? I said I WAS A REPORTER. I was responding to Slim's "I love the way he looks at every side of issues." comment, which is patently a lie. I even admitted that he WASN'T in my business with my comment "Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer IF HE WAS IN MY BUSINESS."

You must have been reading another comment by a different Al.

I don't think Al Desmond has ever said Art Bell was an objective reporter or a reporter at all.

Or maybe you could show me where I said that? [/quote]
I was responding to Mr Gray's inquiry. Then yours. I should have clarified. I have no ill-intent toward you Al. Geez :)
Message: Posted by: The Supernaturalist (Jul 26, 2015 07:49AM)
AWESOME!
I still like IN SEARCH OF more....
He's awesome!!!! Best interviewer we've heard on the radio in years!
[quote]On Jul 26, 2015, Slim King wrote:
He's awesome!!!! Best interviewer we've heard on the radio in years! [/quote]

I agree. If your idea of "best" is an interviewer who lobs softball questions that sound like he's reading off the talking points from a book jacket or publicists cue sheet.
Yes ... He's very successful. People with big ego's absolutely hate him but those of us who understand a true gem of a interviewer love him.
I think he's probably the number one late night radio personality in his area of expertise.
[quote]On Jul 28, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Yes ... He's very successful. People with big ego's absolutely hate him but those of us who understand a true gem of a interviewer love him.
I think he's probably the number one late night radio personality in his area of expertise. [/quote]

He's all those things and more. Doesn't make him a good interviewer, just a biased one, preaching to the choir. I don't bemoan him his success, I just don't agree with him or most of his guests.

You see Slim, you have to project every time someone doesn't accept things, or see things the same way you do.

And then you resort to insulting the person who doesn't agree with you with remarks like "People with big ego's absolutely hate him."

You also try to put words in peoples mouths. I don't "hate" Art Bell. And I never said I did (unless you can show me where I used that word... I checked, don't waste your time).

But anyway. Good luck for Art. Someone needs to babysit the easily gullible.
[quote]On Jul 6, 2015, Slim King wrote:
I love Art bell. He's a thinking man's radio host. He's open minded and isn't the pseudo-skeptic that a few might like to hear. I love the way he looks at every side of issues. He was the most popular and and sure he'll regain the throne in a few weeks or months. [/quote]

Sounds like hate speech to me....RELEGATED TO THE BACK PAGE OF THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER!!!!!
How can you wish him good luck when you said THIS about him??????
"This man has been responsible for promoting pseudo-science for ages. It's harmful. He never tries to counterpoint his guests and just lets then merrily yammer on about unproven "facts" and the masses eat this up like candy."

You say he's harmful!!!!!

I'm glad he's returned!!!!
[quote]On Jul 29, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Sounds like hate speech to me....RELEGATED TO THE BACK PAGE OF THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER!!!!!
How can you wish him good luck when you said THIS about him??????
"This man has been responsible for promoting pseudo-science for ages. It's harmful. He never tries to counterpoint his guests and just lets then merrily yammer on about unproven "facts" and the masses eat this up like candy."

You say he's harmful!!!!!

I'm glad he's returned!!!! [/quote]

Hate speech? You're stretching here. Why don't you get the social justice warriors on this. Maybe they can make dissenting opinions about psychics and mediums (and supportive talk show hosts) politically incorrect hate speech. You're rhetoric is of the "end of discussion" type tactic, berate the dissenting speech and make it practically socially unacceptable.

That's what one does when they can't intelligently debate a topic.
Your critical speech shouldn't be justified just because you are jealous of someone in radio. You have the freedom to say what you want but it's painfully obvious that your ego has gotten the better of you. It happens and I'm sorry.

Art Bell is a pioneer in radio. Great man!!!! :dancing:
I never saw Art Bell as a legitimate newsman or interviewer on any level. In fact, he's more like the National Enquirer of radio. And that's fine with me. His show has entertained me many a sleepless night, whether by choice of by circumstance. I don't consider myself a gullible person, but I do consider myself open to being amused...and I think on many - if not most occasions - Art was soundly in on his own joke, and well-aware of the puppet show he was holding the strings to.

I listen to NPR, BBC, CNN...but I welcome back with open arms AB radio. Dude knows how to put on a show.
[quote]On Jul 29, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:
"he's more like the National Enquirer of radio... Art was soundly in on his own joke, and well-aware of the puppet show he was holding the strings to.[/quote]

I think it all boils down to that, entertainment.

But you guys are funny care on.

:clownjuggling:
Exactly right Darkness. For me...can't speak for others...Art Bell has always been about the entertainment. And, on many occasion his show has made my brain stir, and my imagination wander. And sometimes, I lie awake just thinking about what I've heard. So that's entertainment. Plus some. And I guess the "plus some" keeps me coming back.
I'm glad I never heard of the guy!!
Remember when the National Enquirer busted/destroyed a presidential hopeful?
So who's to say Art Bell can't do the same?
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/john-edwards-still-cheating-lying-denying
When you think about it, Slim is kind of like Art. "he's the National Enquirer of the MC... Slim was soundly in on his own joke, and well-aware of the puppet show he was holding the strings to"

And the bigger they think they are, the harder they fall for it.

Clearly "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!" At least he proved that.
[quote]On Jul 29, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Your critical speech shouldn't be justified just because you are jealous of someone in radio[/quote]

And Slime proves my point once again, by responding in just the way he did.
[quote]On Jul 30, 2015, Darkness wrote:
When you think about it, Slim is kind of like Art. "he's the National Enquirer of the MC... Slim was soundly in on his own joke, and well-aware of the puppet show he was holding the strings to"

And the bigger they think they are, the harder they fall for it.

Clearly "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!" At least he proved that. [/quote]
This couldn't possibly be true!!!!!! :dancing:
I will be on this show on 12/1. Regardless of which side of the coin you find yourself, do listen won't you. I promise to make it fun.
Outstanding!!!
[quote]On Nov 14, 2015, Todd Robbins wrote:
I will be on this show on 12/1. Regardless of which side of the coin you find yourself, do listen won't you. I promise to make it fun. [/quote]
Finally, I have a reason to listen. :D
Let's see, Al...you wrote: "And then you resort to insulting the person who doesn't agree with you with remarks like "People with big ego's absolutely hate him." "
And then you write, "And Slime proves my point once again..." referring to Slim King. Talk about hypocrites!! You a reporter? For what, the Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Report?
I will be on this show on 12/1. Regardless of which side of the coin you find yourself, do listen won't you. I promise to make it fun. [/quote]
I can't wait. This should be awesome!!! :swordbasket:

Now, it is time to take a listen ! :-)
I'd never heard of Art Bell before this - may have to listen. Is he on Sirius?
Here's the link to this evening's episode.

http://artbell.com/todd-robbins/
Last night Art Bell said that I was the most unusual person he has ever had on his show. ART BELL said that. I am very flattered.
Todd - Congratulations on receiving such high praise from Art Bell. I am a long time listener and have had the pleasure of hearing some truly unusual characters interviewed. I am looking forward to your episode.
RIP Art. Truly miss you from all night stay ups.