(Close Window)
Topic: Methods of 'Popping' a coin into view
Apart from the method used to snap a coin into view from a Down's Palm, and a simple fingertip squeeze, what other ways are there to 'instantly' produce a coin from thin air ? To clarify, the coin can't be slid, dropped or moved slowly into view, it has to appear to go from nothing to solid coin - POOF!

My new favourite oxymoron: rap music and politically correct.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKSugY7g2M

Here's some of my work on coin productions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q096e6PSCAI

And here is trying to strengthen the visuals of a coin production through routining.

The production you are looking for is Charlie Justice's FLOP (FLy-Out Production) which is on his DVD Covert Coins. I've modified it for my own use (as shown in the above videos) but that was the starting point.

It is not an easy move, so heads up.
John Carney has a great production from Downs palm, not the usual thing, which he discusses on Video of Secrets vol. 1
Yes fonda my friend, he did. :)

Also Dan Sylvester had an interestingly nice way as well, I remember off Downs Palm.
Levent has a very magical looking coin production he uses during his Miser's Dream routine. It is about as simple as it could possibly be, but takes a LOT of practice and you will end up tossing the darn coin all over the room many times before you become proficient with it!

Jim
[quote]On Jul 23, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Levent has a very magical looking coin production he uses during his Miser's Dream routine. It is about as simple as it could possibly be, but takes a LOT of practice and you will end up tossing the darn coin all over the room many times before you become proficient with it!

Jim [/quote]

I've heard that mentioned as the Alan Shaw production (although I haven't seen any definitive evidence on that). That move is basically the same as the FLOP, although from a different starting position.
Not that I remember. FLOP is from one hand to the other, isn't it?

Thanks!

Jim
[quote]On Jul 24, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Not that I remember. FLOP is from one hand to the other, isn't it?

Thanks!

Jim [/quote]

FLOP stands for FLy-Out Production
Hi,

Here's my take on the instant coin production :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mwVW2UyJU

Hope you like it,
Lawrens
[quote]On Jul 23, 2015, SmileAndNod wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKSugY7g2M
[/quote]

Just put some calm music on that and get famous! That's the coin magic I like to watch, and that I wish I did!

P!
[quote]On Jul 24, 2015, Lawrens Godon wrote:
Hi,

Here's my take on the instant coin production :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mwVW2UyJU

Hope you like it,
Lawrens [/quote]

Lawrens my friend, you have stolen the show here with your wonderful creativity and precise application. :)

Shark, look no further... :) As it don't get any better than this, IMHO...Simply amazing! :)
Hard to disagree with you Mb, Lawrens' method is down right amazing! Now, if 'someone' would be so kind as to pm me the moves details, dot dot dot

Thanks for the references guys. Will be digging onto those pronto.
Going from JW grip to the fingertips would be very visual. Although it's mis-credited, Shoot Ogawa / Apollo Robins teaches this production on their Cultural Exchange DVD, if I recall right.
You can do this from Crimp position without any "toss" action.

Just extend your arm and leave the coin hang in space --
then pull back and grab at the fingertips.
[quote]On Jul 25, 2015, funsway wrote:
[/quote]

Oh yes I can confirm that :)
Have been playing with this since a while, using gravity in some way to catch the coin as it is... very flashy production.
(Hint : you may also do it near the surface of the close-up pad, using the table top as a "stop" when the coin arrives at the fingertip... Like if plucking a coin instantly from the table top (or whatever).
Very similar to David Roth pop up move (not sure about the exact title) in effect.

In fact the exact motion depends largely on which exact position of "angle palm", if we take into account the many variations there is concerning this area of "palming".

Thank you Marion and CarpetShark, I almost (re?)-discovered this move by accident, as it often happens.
Now practicing it as hell !
Lawrens: Excellent control there! And never taking your eyes from looking directly at the camera! I donít know if you can do that consistently - oh, I'm lying... I KNOW you can do it consistently! (It's me who can't quite get it consistently!)

Fantastic move, as usual. :)

Thanks!

Jim

PS - I'm talking about your video above - not the crimp comment.
Rats, Lawrens, now you have spoiled a surprise ;)

With a coin on left palm you can apparently take it with the right fingers, but instead
combine a "Drop Reveal" and a shift to Ramsay or Kapps for a Reverse Utility Pass/Switch.

The hitting of the fingers with the dropped coin makes it easy to catch, and the full flash instant Directed Focus.
[quote]On Jul 25, 2015, funsway wrote:

Just extend your arm and leave the coin hang in space --
then pull back and grab at the fingertips. [/quote]

I am slightly...ok, more than slightly embarrassed to admit that I've been avoiding the crimp. Would some patient kind soul run me through it's basics, so I can add yet one more weapon to my arsenal. ?

Anyway, thanks again to all who responded to my post. You guys rock :D

[quote]On Jul 24, 2015, ftlum wrote:
Going from JW grip to the fingertips would be very visual. Although it's mis-credited, Shoot Ogawa / Apollo Robins teaches this production on their Cultural Exchange DVD, if I recall right. [/quote]

Good idea Ftlum, let me see if I can figure this out...then perhaps apply the same logic to different pinches and grips.
Carpetshark -- I have been working on a book on Crimp Methods with Vinny -- woefully behind because of personal problems

There will be basic book, then others on advanced techniques and effects. Write to me at the addy below and we can discuss some of the draft stuff.

It is very difficult to learn just by watching a video. I was doing it wrong for six months.

and it is not just a "palming method" -- but a portal to many exciting things such as "popping" discussed herein.
Darn, did it again - I am so sorry not to thank you for sharing your videos - there's a LOT of good production in it....gotta love-it!!! So, REP+ to you sir, and thanks once more.
Darn, did it again - I am so sorry not to thank you for sharing your videos - there's a LOT of good production in it....gotta love-it!!! So, REP+ to you sir, and thanks once more.