(Close Window)
Topic: Where to put a 7" jumbo coin (be nice...lol)
Hi all...hope someone here has a solution. I've been producing a 7" Morgan coin for many years. Problem is, I have to do this as an opener because I have not found a solution on how to carry this. Currently, it is just placed under my armpit (I either wear a jacket or an opened short sleeved shirt with a t-shirt under it). I would like to be able to secure this with a holster or pocket of some type. I've tried a portable pocket on a belt loop...not good.
For reference, the coin can be found on The Magic Warehouse's website. It's called the Jumbo 7 Inch Morgan Chrome Coin. It's heavy. Weighs about 2 pounds. This would be much easier if I could find a Morgan coin in 5" size....but I haven't seen that anywhere.
thanks
Patrick
I would suggest you put I on your back. You are right, just put in a pocket, but an upside-down one, with elastic at the bottom to hold the coin in partially. Of course all this needs misdirection, and I assume you have that all planed out, surrounded with movement and other happenings.

Something that heavy, I would use the Tommy Wonder simple shoulder strap, or attach it to your belt or waistline.This depends on how far your shirt falls down.

I hope you are not thinking of using it for close-up, as that would not be possible with something so large. I don't see how the armpit would work without you having an odd growth sticking out.

Hope this solves your position problem.

When they 3" coins, everyone wanted 5" coins. When they had 5" coins, everyone wanted 7" coins. When they had 7" coins, everyone wanted 10". Can't seem to get in agreement on the size of a jumbo production coin.
Fred Kaps had a great routine producing such a coin. he had a holster type of holder Stevens might still sell it. (which I now have). You might also think of hanging a sock by the toe with a pin and putting the coin in, opening dwn.
Patrick... maybe you can try placing the jumbo coin between the small of your back and the inside of your pants (held in place with your belt). I have used that space for a final load for the end of a Chop Cop routine... it worked ok for a tennis ball and some fake fruit.

Good luck,
Bruce
I think it's far too much trouble, you should immediately send it to me - problem solved :rotf:
Thanks, guys. Pete....i sent you a pm. BCS, that placement wouldn't work for the routine. George, give me your address...lol. Bill, I've been using it in restaurants and bars for many, many years.
I do a similar production. The coin I have sticks to a magnet and I have one inside my jacket inner pocket. The coin hangs there against my chest and is ready whenever I am.
May work for you.
Patrick, how do you produce it? That might help in finding the best way to hold it out. Might want to move that downstairs though...
I produce a 3 inch coin, a 5 inch coin, a 7 Inch coin, a 10 inch coin, a 12 inch coin and a 16 inch coin.
These are all body loads.
The smaller ones are toppers and the larger ones ate the first trick.
I also have a 23 inch tall bottle that's an openier and it's actuslly best produced close up.
Jay fried Dean Dill and others with the production of the 16 inch coin. Dean told me that it was one of the most shocking productions he had seen performed close up.
[quote]On Aug 3, 2015, BCS wrote:
Patrick... maybe you can try placing the jumbo coin between the small of your back and the inside of your pants (held in place with your belt). I have used that space for a final load for the end of a Chop Cop routine... it worked ok for a tennis ball and some fake fruit.

Good luck,
Bruce [/quote]
I had a similar idea, but also use a bit of the shtuuf they use under rugs ti keep them and a coin from slipping out.
This is so simple, I'm sure it's been considered but you could make a version of the classic clip for a billiard ball. You just make the circles of wire that clasp both sides of the ball narrow to hold the opposite edges of the coin. I've used a clip like that for years. Wire hanger, pliers are all you need and then cover the entire thing by treading velvet cord over the wire so there is no noise.
Gary Kurtz ends his Flurious routine with a 7 incher. Check out his solution.