(Close Window)
Topic: ROTFLMAO?
I've never seen anyone actually
do this except for toddlers.

Should I happen to witness this, I would consider them to be in need of some form of
mental or physical aid, but that's just me.

What say you on the matter or
overuse of the abbreviated term?
I cannot think to two people on this forum who use this abbreviation regularly.
Hackneyed, trite, juvenile and lazy. Used primarily by teenagers who lack writing skills.
[quote]On Aug 24, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Hackneyed, trite, juvenile and lazy. Used primarily by teenagers who lack writing skills.[/quote]
Teenagers only physically?
No. Mentally. Most real teenagers abandoned the phrase years ago.
Now I'm up to speed.
It looks better than "LOL!!!!!!!". That is my only guess, they both make the same point (I am too lazy to spell out words or too illiterate to express an emotion with words) :-) <--- and look at me "joining the club"
Some kind of Pre-Teen or Teenagers use those "shortcuts" (i am not sure that shortcuts is the proper term)in their tweets, sms etc

My personal feeling is that the use of these kinds of shortcuts compromises the quality of the content of a sentence.
Every now and then, posts truly give me a LOL. Never once have they had me ROTF. And of course should LMAO ever be more than hyperbole, I'd need medical attention.
[quote]On Aug 24, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Every now and then, posts truly give me a LOL.[/quote]
I had one of those on another forum over the weekend.

One of the gentlemen was talking about having returned home from a round of golf to discover a feast that his wife had prepared.

Amongst the delicacies: [i]hari covert[/i] green beans.
I am going to quote Ron (R.S.) from another thread as it sort of clears it up at least the usage here. Ron sorry if I am stealing your thunder friend.

"I finally figured it out!!! Slim's ROTFLMAO stands for:

"Regardless Of The Facts, Listen to My Assinine Observations." Smile Smile Smile

Ron"
Danny that was flipping funny.
Many thanks for posting that.
I may just have to use that down
the road.
Slightly off topic, but still relevant: I saw really funny poster the other day. It read:

TEENAGERS
Tired Of Being Harassed
By Your Stupid Parents?

ACT NOW!
Move out ...
Get a job ...
Pay Your Own Bills.

Do it while you still know everything.
[quote]On Aug 23, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
I cannot think to two people on this forum who use this abbreviation regularly. [/quote]

I think the odds of finding two people who regularly use that term on here are "Slim to None." Hahahah ROFLM........nope can't bring myself to do it.
[quote]On Aug 26, 2015, w_s_anderson wrote:
I cannot think to two people on this forum who use this abbreviation regularly. [/quote]

I think the odds of finding two people who regularly use that term on here are "Slim to None." Hahahah ROFLM........nope can't bring myself to do it. [/quote]

Genuine LOL. Well done!

(No floor; A still attached.)
It does my heart good to see you around here.
Where have you been Anderson? I sure miss
the Warthog do its thing in the field.
Hey there Devious. It's been a very hot summer here in Oregon. I've been doing a lot of flying in support of the forest fires over here, dropping lots of water.
[quote]On Aug 26, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
[quote]On Aug 26, 2015, w_s_anderson wrote:

I think the odds of finding two people who regularly use that term on here are "Slim to None." Hahahah ROFLM........nope can't bring myself to do it. [/quote]

Genuine LOL. Well done!

(No floor; A still attached.) [/quote]

Maybe one day Slimbo will finish laughing his a** off--and cease to exist.
If someone actually were to "LMAO" it would be quite disturbing.
A related anecdote... I used to work with a sideshow freak who did blockhead with a screwdriver. The premise was to tighten up a loose screw in the guy. OK, so he starts turning it the wrong way, and I stop him. One night I ad-libbed a joke that if he wasn't careful his A** might fall off. The next night we were doing the same gag with the same line and suddenly, a big plastic costume butt fell from under his kilt to the stage floor. I never saw it coming! If I could have literally LMAO, it would have happened right then and there.
That's funny. It reminds me of something that recently happened. My daughter is in theater, and an actor in a show she was doing had to reveal his bare bottom. For reasons I won't get into, they used a plastic novelty butt. Here's the kicker: the actor is black, and the only butt they could find was Caucasian. This added an additional, even funnier gag.
Yessir