(Close Window)
Topic: The Black Box
I announced my newest release "The Black Box," in a private email, this weekend.
This, ahead of its debut at MINDvention, next weekend.
It will appear on my web site as well as the ProMystic site, soon after.

in short, "The Black Box" is a Q&A system unlike anything available, to date, to mystery performers.
It has been my belief, since I began performing with this system, that it represents an evolution in the way Q&A can be performed.
The feedback, so far, from some very notable performers has supported this notion.

And while this might simply appear to be a post announcing a new product release (and indeed, that is part of its intention, as I am incredibly proud of this release, which has been in development for over 2-years), it's more about how I hope to control information about its existence.

Like TableVision, this will only be available through password-protected web sites ( www.MentalismTools.com and www.ProMystic.com - in the 'Secret Area.').
Cheers,

Eric
Very exciting Eric - can't wait to lay eyes on it at MV
Great, and I've just bought a White box in the hope that it'll be suitable for Q&A. Guess my timing is out again.

Bobby.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Look forward to skype you my friend ;)
You will love it Luca
Eric has shared some of the background of this with me and I am honestly SUPER excited. The man seems to have changed the game again.

I haven't seen the final version of this, but I think this is one to watch.

Best,

Atlas
Thanks, Gents!

The first shipments went out Tuesday and I have to say that I'm impressed with USPS (not a phrase heard all that often!), as the first 'boxes' arrived today.
Perhaps some of the early adopters will chime in here.

e
Ive putt al the thing I wanted to Buy on hold
And waiting for this one!
When Eric was over in the UK I had the pleasure to meet him and he told me about this project. I was blown away by it and am very excited about it. It is not often there really is a game changer, and I am not really one for hyperbole, but this really is that. Congrats Eric and looking forward to hearing all the great reviews
Everything good about this that has already been said I agree with. Gives you a light saber with which you can slice and dice in the most effective ways. Pretty much as close to the ultimate tool as you could want for mentalism. The rest is up to you. Two thumbs up and the strongest buy recommendation I can give!

Preston
Is there a link to see the black box please, I can't find it on mentalismtools
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Oct 20, 2015 11:15PM)
Sounds incredible..
There was a lot of excitement generated in the dealer room at MindVention about Eric's newest piece of gear.

A lot of us were salivating over the possibilities.

It's elegantly and quite ingeniously designed.

It's a game changer. Congrats to Monsieur Samuels!
Is it electronic?
I don't see it on promystic?
Hey Guys,

Been away from The Café for a few days - in Vegas at MINDVention.
Heading home today and will begin to work on the 'official' release of The Black Box.

The reason it is not on either my site, or ProMystic, is that, up until now, it has only been available as a limited supply pre-release to past customers.
When all available systems sold-out, I didn't want to make it more widely available, until we could fulfill interest/orders.
The response in Vegas has also forced me to evaluate the full release date,as we sold out of the next production run, as well.

I hope to have a full release date by the end of this week.

Cheers,

Eric
"Black Box" was a wonderful game that came out in the 70's

Any relation?
Looks great!
Iam Curios about the descripsion
[quote]On Oct 21, 2015, brehan wrote:
Is it electronic? [/quote]
You could get it without, then it would be cheaper - but worthless :) I have seen it in action right now in Vegas and must say that it is a fantastic device, extremely clever and absolutely innocent looking. Besides that Eric offers a great routine (including some very nice subtleties and suggestions) to go with it. Jan
That would be the white box.

I have one and I love it too.
As much as I love The White Box, the only similarities between it and The Black Box are their 6 equal sides. :)

As promised, we'll be shipping all of the MINDvention and other pre-orders this week!
Full release details expected shortly thereafter.
As these are handmade, we're waiting until we have more available and can ship right away.

e
If you ever dreamed to go on stage and read people's mind as a real psychic then the time is finally arrived. The black box is a wonderful tool that will allow you to perform an impossible Q&A Act without going close to the box, yet revealing people's questions in the most cleanest way. I honestly think that Eric has surpassed himself, creating the most advanced piece of gear in mentalism today!
Apologies for the delays, but as these are made one-at-a-time, I wanted to make sure we had stock, before adding this to the web site.

The Black Box is now available, in limited quantities, through www.MentalismTools.com pm me for password.
It will soon be available through www.ProMystic. as well (in the secret area).

We also have a private Facebook group where ideas are already being exchanged by performers all over the world!

As always, any questions, just shoot me a PM or email: eric@EricSamuels.com

Cheers!

e
The Black Box is now available through www.ProMystic.com (secret area)
For those asking, here is the video demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pib660o45NM
Wow. I just received the email from ProMystic and watched the demo. This looks like an amazing product for Q+A.
I have been asked to see what actual images of billets look like.
Believe it or not, it's this good!

And these are pencil on standard size billets without any zoom.
In this shot, you will see the same image with the zoom set to only 3.0x (image size can be expanded up to over 5.0x image size!).

It's a tad blurry because of the small size to meet Café image requirements, but this should give you a good idea of just how easy it is to read information.
All I can say is wow.
Had the pleasure of seeing this at MINDvention and it's really beautifully produced and possibly one of the best ways to achieve a hands off, inexplicable Q&A style routine.
Absolutely, a class prop and tool, but at the same time looking so ordinary and innocent, almost like me or you :)
"Ordinary" and "innocent" would not be two words that I would use to describe you, my friend.
PS - happy birthday!
[quote]On Nov 19, 2015, JanForster wrote:
Absolutely, a class prop and tool, but at the same time looking so ordinary and innocent, almost like me or you :) [/quote]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!

Hope you got a nice gift in your black box
Happy Birthday Jan
When Eric showed me "The Black Box" on Skype for a couple of months ago my first reaction was that this is a game changer.

What make "The Black Box" unique is the completely hands-off approach. Not only getting the information from the billets hands-off, but you can also let a spectator open the box and take out a billet, and you can start the Q & A right there. And the box is in full view the hole time.

Eric has put his soul and mind into "The Black Box", and he is a genius creator of mentalism products. This is IMHO his best product to date. Highly recommended!
This is absolutely awesome and priced very reasonably for what you are getting. I already have a few of Eric's other products and the quality is top notch. This is on my must have list.

Mark
Message: Posted by: illusions & reality (Nov 21, 2015 07:16PM)
This is brilliant and on my wish list. I appreciate Eric's thinking in both prop design and routining.
Thanks for all the comments and support - much appreciated!
Suffice it to say, I'm really proud of this and am excited to see how many people are embracing this system to perform their Q&A while many others are now performing Q&A for the very first time.

I am also happy to report (given our slight production delay on this last batch) that all orders have now shipped and I do have a few more, ready-to-go, Black Boxes.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.
I try my best to be open and honest about the workings of my stuff.
So, if you want to know anything about it - just ask :)

Cheers,

Eric
Eric was absolutely a pleasure to work with! Not only did he answer all my questions but took time from his busy schedule to talk to me on Skype. The idea, execution and final product are a thing of beauty. Don't buy it.... seriously don't, this shouldn't get into the wrong hands. Kudos Eric, Kudos X a million! :heavymetal: :D
This is pure dynamite.

Eric showed this to me via Skype. I was total awe struck.

It's simply brilliant.

J
After using this for a short while I can honestly tell you that this should absolutely be the "Trick of the year". It is that amazing. And Eric should get the Thurston award. When I vote on that thread I will nominate the trick and Eric. Unfortunately the price (no complaints) will keep it out of the hands of many, so they won't be able to vote for it. As some of you may know I buy a lot of "stuff", so I have a pretty good feel for what is out there and what has come out this year. No matter how the voting turns out - The Black Box is the trick of the year and Eric is the creator of it. Congratulations, bud, a job well done.

Preston
This is on my short list of things to acquire. I will be honest, my initial thought when I heard about this was "Overkill". I mean, we have many methods for a Q&A. But, when I got the low down from the man himself, you quickly realize the advantage this gives you. I will own one of these. Oh yes I will.
Thanks for all your support!

Let me answer a few common questions that have been asked:

- You can use just about any size billets (up to a full size 5" X 3" index card). Material can be paper, cardstock, or even plastic cards (with dry erase markers). Billets can be pre-printed (with your logo and/or directions).
- The system is totally self-contained. In other words, you don't need access to the internet; you could perform this in the middle of the ocean (as an aside - some performers are now using The Black Box on cruise ships).
- There are actually two separate methods/systems in play. One is, indeed, electronic, the second mechanical.
- You do not need technical knowledge to operate the system. It sets up in about than 2-minutes.
- This is designed for various size performing conditions, from Parlor to Theatre (and all points inbetween).
- The Black Box was designed for my own use as a solo performer. Absolutely no assistance is required.
- You can ask audience members to write down (or draw just about anything. The system can be used to access any kind of content or information you can ask - from traditional Q&A to audience readings to drawing duplications, etc.

- Most importantly, the system does not incorporate any 'traditional methods' (one-ahead, on-stage peeks, traditional pre-show, etc.). This is an entirely new approach to Q&A.
As I've said before, you step on stage with your complete Q&A (from start to killer finish) 100% planned, with room for any in-the-moment changes.

Finally, as I've said before, regarding my stuff - if you are seriously interested, I will give you the full details of its workings.
That's how I roll :)

Eric
[quote]On Nov 21, 2015, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
This is absolutely awesome and priced very reasonably for what you are getting. I already have a few of Eric's other products and the quality is top notch. This is on my must have list.

Mark [/quote]
This is now on my "do have" list and it really is a thing of beauty. Annoyingly I had to leave for London not long after it arrived so only had time to set it up and drool over it for a bit.

Mark
You are going to love this - I know I am more and more every time out with it.