(Close Window)
Topic: More Gh*st
At only 100 copies available I'm not sure if it's helpful or cruel to start this thread. ;-)

I think Professor BC's latest endeavor More Gh*st is quite possibly the most anticipated book release since the original Dopps.
As a stand alone, accompaniment to the original Gh*st and bridge piece between Gh*st and Dopps, this book sounds simply fantastic. (and hopefully someone will post some of those details here!)

I for one am very much looking forward to the Halloween release date.
I'll also add - if you don't already own Gh*st I'd try to pick up a spare M.R J@mes ambrotype from Lebanon circle. The ambrotype was a wonderful prop that aided in the spirit communication with the original.
No doubt you would be able to achieve the same effect with More Gh*st.
I can't verify if they're still there as the site is down for now, but to my recollection they've continued to be available since the original release.

Happy Halloween!
Can't wait to have more G's aside my 1st G & next to my Dopps set !! :-)
Amazing work that Prof BC goes thru to recreate & code these, seems like he keeps pushing the envelope to top the last book !

& then the next book Dec / Jan release planned !?! Woof !
I'd heard that More GH*STS was tentatively scheduled for a Halloween release, is this still the schedule?
Yes More G is a Halloween scheduled release, I was referring to another book Prof is also working on for Dec release.
There are massively exciting things happening with More G's & the Dopps series system ! :-)
My enthusiasm for this book outweighs a nagging caution to keep it on the down low until I have a copy in hand. It’s teeming with promise.

MORE GH*ST is a Doppelgänger as well as a stand-alone effect. It will work in tandem with GH*ST, for a complete Evening’s Entertainment, AND it’s been coded to support a new artifact project, and “museum-quality prop” coming soon from BC called TRIPTYCH!

Considering the Prof’s black-belt bibliophile status and devotion to the author, I think Spooky is in for a legacy offering.
Having missed out on Aes Goetia I am particularly excited about Triptych and how it might work with More Gh@st.
And yes, Perkins! - I'm sure it's fine to forgo that caution on COA numbers / stock and simply celebrate this milestone.
Probably poor form to open the thread with gallows humor - but that's my style. ;-)

So... cheers to Prof BC. We're very fortunate to share in your brilliance.
Please keep us posted on what we can expect with More Gh@st and Triptych. I know Triptych isn't due till the end of the year. Will there be any pre-release package where we might buy the two together?
It's my understanding you can't use Triptych without More Gh@st.
Aw nuts. I was hoping to see this thread show up sometime after receiving my order confirmation.
His lecture at ECSS was AWESOME!!!!!
[quote]On Oct 16, 2015, horus1 wrote:
Having missed out on Aes Goetia I am particularly excited about Triptych and how it might work with More Gh@st.
And yes, Perkins! - I'm sure it's fine to forgo that caution on COA numbers / stock and simply celebrate this milestone.
Probably poor form to open the thread with gallows humor - but that's my style. ;-)

So... cheers to Prof BC. We're very fortunate to share in your brilliance.
Please keep us posted on what we can expect with More Gh@st and Triptych. I know Triptych isn't due till the end of the year. Will there be any pre-release package where we might buy the two together?
It's my understanding you can't use Triptych without More Gh@st. [/quote]

MORE GH*ST is well on track for a Hallowe'en release.

Triptych will be a stand-alone, multiple-effect prop (5 different effects in one prop) that can be augmented in performance with MORE GH*ST, but the book is not required to perform any one (or all) of the effects that will be available with Triptych.

Many thanks for the kind words, all.

BC
[quote]On Oct 17, 2015, PROF BC wrote:

MORE GH*ST is well on track for a Hallowe'en release.

Triptych will be a stand-alone, multiple-effect prop (5 different effects in one prop) that can be augmented in performance with MORE GH*ST, but the book is not required to perform any one (or all) of the effects that will be available with Triptych.

Many thanks for the kind words, all.

BC [/quote]

Do you ever sleep?
[quote]On Oct 18, 2015, bud.scott wrote:Do you ever sleep? [/quote]

It's been rumored the Prof is a time traveler from the past futures & requies no sleep,....possibly even could be a time lord with a Tardis.....😊😉
Or possibly a vampire of the Deborah Harkness variety.
Time Lord, creative genius, master-of-all-artisan trades, whatever he is--those of you on the Dopps Forum will not believe what has been posted about Triptych today in the "More GH*ST" thread... I will simply repeat my response from there:

"My effing jaw is on the effing floor.

Incredible. Just incredible."

Prof BC is amazing...
Gah! Triptych need rising! It may require creative financing.

Anyone in the market for a kidney? I have a spare I'm willing to part with for the right amount.
I was thinking that there would soon be the creation of Professor BC's one kidney club.
It would be a badge of honor..... like a hardcore version of the outlaw sanctum 18 ring membership.
Happy news!

MORE GH*ST has arrived a day ahead of schedule (the bat has landed*).

Found one box (of four) awaiting my return home, and they came out very well indeed. Quite pleased with them.

Now hoping the other three boxes arrive (on the original schedule) tomorrow.

Let the ageing begin.

Regards,
BC

*funny thing, although the cover of J@mes's famous book famously features a terrific bat, none of the stories has anything whatsoever to do with a bat. Go figure. B
Three more boxes tomorrow, same Bat-time same Bat-channel?
I'm still wondering how I'm going to get the ok from my wife on this one.
My advice... Don't ask her. "Better to ask forgiveness than to beg permission!"

I might be sleeping in the garage come Halloween, but I plan to have this book for company. 😁
[quote]On Oct 19, 2015, Perkins wrote:
Three more boxes tomorrow, same Bat-time same Bat-channel? [/quote]

So mote it be. The other three boxes arrived safely. Now on to the ageing process.

Very much on track for that Hallowe'en release now.

BC
[quote]On Oct 20, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
Very much on track for that Hallowe'en release now.[/quote]

Then my sacrificial pumpkin has been accepted.
Excited!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/X9FMgpn.gif[/img]
Since I will already be sitting on the couch at midnight waiting to purchase this, I was just planning to spend the rest of the night sleeping there too.
I'm selling a bunch of stuff on eBay so hopefully my purchase will be cash neutral.
Me too Bud its time to get the cash together. Do we know how much it will be?
No price has been stated as of yet but if it's like some of the good Prof's other offerings I suspect close to $300, but what do I know I could be way off. I've only got about 1/2 that built up in the old PayPal account.
[quote]On Oct 22, 2015, bud.scott wrote:
No price has been stated as of yet but if it's like some of the good Prof's other offerings I suspect close to $300, but what do I know I could be way off. I've only got about 1/2 that built up in the old PayPal account. [/quote]

Also wondering if this is going to be a LebCirc item and only to be shipped from the UK by Dan B, or will there be a shipping point from the USA? And is about $250 US the "ballpark" price before shipping (just trying to squeeze the budget)?
:sun: :worry:
Leb Cir likely shipped from the US.
Will this be a first come, first serve thing or will it be a Dopps number match thing like the recently released Spectre?
[quote]On Oct 22, 2015, Chad C. wrote:
Will this be a first come, first serve thing or will it be a Dopps number match thing like the recently released Spectre? [/quote]

Yep I believe they will be offering for a short time the Dopp's number matching which I think is awesome of Prof & Dan which I'm sure is extra work for them. A big Thanks to them both doing this for us :-)
Extra work, indeed, but happy to do it (sincerely). I will match the Dopps numbers first (from the initial orders--please be certain to state your number request so I can match it against my files) and then I will fulfill the non-Dopps-owner orders with unclaimed numbers immediately afterwards.

In essence this will (by necessity) be a modified 'first come, first served' offering--modified by my trying to match up as many number requests as I might until that practice becomes impossible.

The price will be the same as Ph.o.t.O., 185 GBP.

The books will ship from the US (no sense in shipping a batch to the UK for Dan to repack and post--that would only succeed in causing delay). And yes, as with all other book offerings, when these are gone they are gone. There will be no 'second edition' or 'reissue'. This is the full lot forever. You are buying a collectable keepsake book that will only increase in value over time.

I am ageing them all of today and through next week . . . my students have been sent to the library to work on term papers so that I might give the full week to you . . . and I expect to have most (if not all) the books ready to post Monday, Nov. 2.

BTW: Just finished the performance manual yesterday and . . . have forgotten the page count already . . . I believe it came in around 107 pages.

Back to the dungeon,
BC
I have just spoken to Dan and we have agreed, owing to many requests, to make Hallowe'en the MORE GH*ST pre-order release date with the actual launch of MORE GH*ST occurring a week later on November 7 at which time all the books will begin shipping.

What this means: if you already own and are collecting Doppelganger, you may order your particular number during that first week of pre-orders (October 31-November 6). Dan & I will check the requested number(s) against your previous orders to ensure we get it right and will ship your MORE GH*ST with the matching COA(s).

On November 7 all preorders end and any remaining stock will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

You ask, we listen.

Best,
Professor BC
You guys rock. It's going to be a great Halloween!
Prof - may we also match it with our Spectre? Thanks.
The offer is for matching with your Dopps COA numbers.

SPECTRE is a Gemini Artifacts release, and Vic handles all of that mailing. Consequently, I have no access to those numbers. Also, I was not keeping records on numbers when the original GH*ST released, so I do not have files for matching with GH*ST. Sorry. If I start trying to match numbers to the various releases there is bound to be a train wreck of people arguing over who owns which number, so I will have to limit it to matching with Dopps only (keeping Lebanon Magic Circle releases with Lebanon Magic Circle releases), please.

BC
Thanks so very much, Prof BC and Dan!!
An interesting article and documentary on M.R. James:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/haunted_mark_gatiss_goes_in_search_of_the_ghost_writer_m._r._james

Enjoy!
[quote]On Oct 27, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/haunted_mark_gatiss_goes_in_search_of_the_ghost_writer_m._r._james

Enjoy! [/quote]

Ha! and the first photo was, in fact, the very inspiration of my upcoming effect, Triptych!

Nicely spotted, Lo Pan. Well done, you.

BC
Lo Pan...what a score!

I love it when at 2:51 he pulls "Ghost Stories" off the shelf, and I thought to myself..."I have that." Of course, not exactly. But something incredibly close.

Wondering if an edited portion of this video could be worked into a presentation?
Yes - this documentary is excellent and only deepens the mystery and attraction to M.R. James ghost stories and therefore this next Professor B.C. release! - Its also just a great view around the Halloween season.
Mark Gatiss did a history of horror movies which is well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZBJd4UTlM
[quote]On Oct 27, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Lo Pan...what a score!

I love it when at 2:51 he pulls "Ghost Stories" off the shelf, and I thought to myself..."I have that." Of course, not exactly. But something incredibly close.

Wondering if an edited portion of this video could be worked into a presentation? [/quote]

What an excellent idea! If you pause the picture at those 2:50/2:51 frames you will see MORE GH*ST immediately to the right of that GH*ST that he is pulling off the shelf.

Such fun.

BC
[quote]On Oct 28, 2015, Joshua J wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZBJd4UTlM [/quote]

Shearsmith, Gatiss and Dyson are keepers of the flame of British TV Horror in my opinion. Thank the infernal forces for them.
Couldn't agree more, let's not forget the lovely Steve Pemberton.
Now I am prepared to be corrected on this, but I left Steve off the list simply because he doesn't seem quite the horror fan than the other three are. I have no direct evidence to support this, other than the fact that the other three have been involved in horror productions such as ghost story, the documentary above, readings of audio books by Aickman, ghost stories for Christmas, etc; whereas I don't recall Steve being involved in these types of projects, outside of the projects created by the four of them.
[quote]On Oct 27, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:

Enjoy! [/quote]

"a pleasing terror" - I absolutely love that.

Thank you for sharing the link, Lo Pan.
Maybe not as prolific as the other guys but he co-wrote "inside number 9, psychoville and was excellent in Whitechapple. He's on my great British list :)
As of late last night, I am half the way through the ageing of MORE GH*ST. Fifty-two completed. Very happy with the way they are looking.

Sorry to interrupt. Carry on.

BC
So looking forward to this. Been saving all my pocket money. Roll on 31st.
[quote]On Oct 29, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
As of late last night, I am half the way through the ageing of MORE GH*ST. Fifty-two completed. Very happy with the way they are looking.

Sorry to interrupt. Carry on.

BC [/quote]

You may interupt us anytime you wish good sir ☺ Awesome news, looking forward to MG next to my 1st G & inline with my Dopps !
[quote]On Oct 28, 2015, Brynmore14 wrote:
[quote]On Oct 28, 2015, Joshua J wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZBJd4UTlM [/quote]

Shearsmith, Gatiss and Dyson are keepers of the flame of British TV Horror in my opinion. Thank the infernal forces for them. [/quote]

They're all doing well in general. Some excellent horror and drama. Mark Gatiss's episode for this series of Doctor Who is coming up which I think Reece is down to be in. Should be good.
As of late last night, I am half the way through the ageing of MORE GH*ST. Fifty-two completed. Very happy with the way they are looking...[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing some teaser photos! ;)
Um, any more updates on Triptych? In all fairness, in the Dopps Forum you did say it was Teaser #1, which implies that further teasers might be in store... :D
[quote]On Oct 29, 2015, Seth speaks wrote:
Um, any more updates on Triptych? In all fairness, in the Dopps Forum you did say it was Teaser #1, which implies that further teasers might be in store... :D [/quote]

Seems a tad on the pushy side. He's obviously knee-deep in MG right now, as his previous post details.
Hmm, I can see how it might have seemed that way. But I meant it purely in a humorous and playful spirit, hence the smiley emoticon..! :D

I would never be pushy about it; just trying to help the Prof a bit by keeping some buzz in the forefront.
How lucky we are to mark the seasons with these brilliant books.
Each a stand-alone symphony but the collection fits like beautiful ornate pipe organs that play so perfectly together.
I remain in awe of this offering.
15,568 hand-aged pages down. 13,066 pages to go. Will finish the next 1,668 pages over the next ten-to-twelve hours. Coming right along! Should have them all finished by next Saturday just in time to ship.

Then back to Triptych. I do have more Triptych photos and effects to post already. Saving those up until MG has had its time in the sun. Still have from 3-to-6 weeks work left on Triptych after I get back to it, but it is nearly completed (relatively speaking).

So on this eve of Hallowe'en, the old professor is happily immersed in the works of M. R. J@mes. My idea of heaven.

Happy Hallowe'en, guys. Make it safe. You know the routine; hold hands crossing streets, check your candy, keep those costumes away from open flames, &c.

Warmest,
BC
[quote]On Oct 29, 2015, Aurum wrote:
As of late last night, I am half the way through the ageing of MORE GH*ST. Fifty-two completed. Very happy with the way they are looking...[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing some teaser photos! ;) [/quote]

You asked for them. Here they are:

[URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/briancorrigan1/media/IMG_1089_zpszienqdhu.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/briancorrigan1/IMG_1089_zpszienqdhu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Original century-old first edition J@mes above, GH*ST and MORE GH*ST under them. And again:

[URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/briancorrigan1/media/IMG_1090_zps7qmoccns.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag23/briancorrigan1/IMG_1090_zps7qmoccns.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Now back to the dungeon!

BC
Oh, bravo! I shall be hitting the LC site as soon as it's live.

Thank you Prof. :)
Newsletter says order now, but the website still seems down.
Me too. I'm beating my head against a wall.
Same problem
Locked out!
Cruel!!!
Glad to know that it is not just me :-)
The site is now online.
Whoop whoop! The order is done.

And now, to wait.... A very, long, wait... ;)
It has been done.

*thunder cracks across the sky
Mine..... All mine....
It is done!
Just a heads up for the spooky brothers and sisters that don't already own Gh*st, and are ordering More Gh*st.
Get your MR James Ambrotype on the LC site while you still can!
Though I'm told you don't need it for the new release, it is a marvelous accessory.
Ordered but no opportunity to include COA request during PAYPAL process. Email sent.
[quote]On Oct 31, 2015, Uninvited wrote:
Ordered but no opportunity to include COA request during PAYPAL process. Email sent. [/quote]

There was a box during checkout for notes where you can put your COA request.
I'm certain contacting Dan or BC and you will be well taken care of.
[quote]On Oct 31, 2015, Uninvited wrote:
Ordered but no opportunity to include COA request during PAYPAL process. Email sent. [/quote]

You should have had an opportunity to add a comment whilst on the Lebanon site looking at your basket. I did.
Oopsie. The great Eddie Garland beat me to it :-)
I've quit beating my head against the wall. Done. :handcuffs:
Sincerest thanks to you all.

One quick note: the performance manual will not come immediately to you upon ordering as it usually does . . . beeeecause I have not yet sent it to Dan. A tweak or two and then off it goes!

Happy Hallowe'en, all!

BC
Really looking forward to this...order in.

Continued Success,
Dr. Dan
Done....and now I shall go and sit in the pumpkin patch and start waiting for the postman to come........... Thanks Prof and Dan.
How did someone else here put it? We are the accursed, forever doomed to wander between the front door and the mailbox.
Just read thru some of the performance manual - I enjoy reading these so very much. How the good Professor comes up with this stuff will never cease to amaze me. And the pics of the tombstone was just fun to see. I'd love to see it in person myself one day.
[quote]On Oct 31, 2015, horus1 wrote:
Just a heads up for the spooky brothers and sisters that don't already own Gh*st, and are ordering More Gh*st.
Get your MR James Ambrotype on the LC site while you still can!
Though I'm told you don't need it for the new release, it is a marvelous accessory. [/quote]

The Amobrotype already shows 'sold out' when trying to purchase... Hopefully they will release a few more.
Would it be possible to get a brief synopsis on the More Gh*st effect?

I own Spectre and Dopps but am interested in hearing the differences with this effect.

It will obviously be amazing if it's from the Prof!
Had a quick look in the manual this morning.. but stopped when I reached the part where Prof BC challenges us to read the book first.
Argh.... need book in hand... and even then, probably can't resist. But for now.. I'll try...

Also in those first few pages is a delightful bit of information about the aging of our books... super cool.
I won't spoil the surprise here for those who haven't read yet.

Suffice to say I am very excited about this release!
I've managed to muster up the willpower to stop at the Page 12 Challenge... for now.

PROF BC, I've said it before, I feel compelled to say it again: This is a legacy offering. You are an exceptional caretaker to the memory, monument and magic of one of the Greats. I'm astounded by your tribute(s), sir.

Gratefully,
Perkins
I have not the willpower. Of, to quote Mr. Wilde, I can resist everything except temptation. I thought Dopps was very good. I thought Spectre was excellent. This is beyond exceptional.
[quote]On Nov 3, 2015, Winks wrote:
... to quote Mr. Wilde, I can resist everything except temptation. I thought Dopps was very good. I thought Spectre was excellent. This is beyond exceptional. [/quote]

With only 100 copies available, I wonder how many are left?... Having read the performance manual (alas, I didn't have the willpower either), I fear that there will be many who will miss-out on a truly stonking effect.

(just in case translation is required... 'stonking' = very, very good!) ;)

Seriously, don't sit on the fence - you won't regret it.
This is magic for the thinking man. Really, the only limitations to what can be achieved with these books lies in each person's imaginative capacity. Even then, with Prof BC's legendary manuals, the owner comes out of the gate with a high degree of performance potential. I fully expect to be pulling my collection of books off the shelf decades from now to test out and perform some new variation that I've just envisioned. Investing in one of Prof BC's books grants the owner a lifetime membership into the best little club in magic, in my humble opinion.
This is one of the best books imo. I have gh*st and would never sell it. They will go together to my grave. Not sure how many books I really need at the end of the day. How many of you 100 actually perform I wonder or are you mostly collectors? Did the new manual for more G come out?
[quote]On Nov 3, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
This is one of the best books imo. I have gh*st and would never sell it. They will go together to my grave. Not sure how many books I really need at the end of the day. How many of you 100 actually perform I wonder or are you mostly collectors? Did the new manual for more G come out? [/quote]

So far I'm a collector of them all...but I'm about to do a show based partly around James' ghost stories..so these two may be coming off the shelf very, very soon. I'm hoping we can get BC to do a full on demo at the ECSS II this coming January. That would be awesome.
I would like to see just the two together in action.
I did not hesitate intentionally,...only had budgetary issues and then decided....I would rather be reading my MG #40 by candle light if necessary, than contribute to the elecrric company's overblown stock....and live a life without another masterpiece of Prof BC.

I have only read the first 12 pages, as suggested...while I try to endure my anticipatory rapture, until the tome arrives,...but just in the first 12 pages Prof BC has revealed one of the most unique, wonderous and incredibly creative, dedicated-to-a-legacy attributes that any such crafted collectible piece could ever contain. Those who have already wisely purchased know what I refer to as they will be as "gravely" delighted as was I...! :dancing: :readingbook:
Placed my order a few days after pre order waiting for customers out of state check to clear, didn't want to loss my #21 spot !
Hoping to get my MG manual soon, excited to read those 1st 12 pages :-)
Now, I have been a fan of the good Professor for a while, and I purchased my first Dopps book earlier this year (P.o.t.O.) and I love it. Mind you, it is the only Prof BC product I own so far. Keeping this in mine, if I purchase this, could they work well together?
Absolutely! They will work seamlessly together, and MG alone even has more power under the hood than any single Dopps book. One of the most awaited books from Prof BC since the original GH*ST. I would snap it up quickly--if you love Ph.o.t.O, you will probably adore MG.
Any idea if the ambrotype will be revived?
I too have stopped at page 12. Looks good so far. I've enjoyed studying Spectre too. Still a bit scared to perform it yet. Need to get all my patter down before I try it out. The good Prof must have some mind to invent all this stuff. Very impressed.
I have one Dopps book, Shakespeare, but it is the seconds version with a couple of pages missing. I want to sell it as I need some cash for something else. Would anyone like to buy it from me?
I took the plunge. After owning Spectre and Dopps, I have full faith in anything Prof BC releases.

Don't plan on even glimpsing the manual until I have book in hand. The anticipation begins!
[quote]On Nov 5, 2015, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Any idea if the ambrotype will be revived? [/quote]

Yes! I was surprised when people began ordering ambrotypes and the stock disappeared overnight. I am taking a bit of time now to make up some to include with the book orders that I am sending out this weekend and hope to make up enough to put them back in stock within the week. Stand by (and keep an eye on Lebanon's site for the 'in stock' message to appear again just in case I forget to post the fact here--as you might guess everything's a bit crazy right now between finishing up the books, sorting the orders, making labels, packing, &c., but there are *some* extra ambrotypes on the way (unsure how many just now, but perhaps a dozen or thereabout)).

Thank you for asking,
BC

I asked Dan and he noted he hopes to be able to get more in, but no time frame yet.
:fyi:
Are the ambrotypes all the same? Full faced or are some partial faces?
I've given in to temptation and continued far past page 12.
Wow.
You keep setting the bar higher, Professor!
Brilliant work! I can't wait to start performing with this!
THANK YOU!

Just as the ambrotype was a perfect accessory to Gh*st, I continue to be intrigued by your descriptions of Tryptic and it's relationship to More Gh*st.
Please keep the updates coming - especially for those of us contemplating the selling of souls and kidneys. ;-)
Told you so. Is Perkins next?
My resolve is fierce.
A couple years back I did a seance show with the original Gh*st. I was given only 15 minutes for my performance and did 12 shows per night for a run of 4 evenings. I was the finale for a haunted lantern tour.

Because my time was so limited, I spent most of it telling my story and weaving in about how this haunted book could be used to communicate with spirits.

The book is very convincing and I had a lot of fun with it. Some of the revelations can be REAL spooky.

So, of course, I had to buy More Gh*st. I have since been devouring the performance manuel. This is so freaking good! I will definitely be writing a show with these 2 books talking. Viva la bibliomancy! Thank you Prof BC, I consider More Gh*st your finest work to date (in my humble opinion).
If you've ever seen the great old move Northwest Passage with Spencer Tracy, there is a scene about 3/4 through where Rogers Rangers are starving. There is this one fellow who isn't. He has a canvas bag with something in it. He is also not hungry. When he is asked what it is, he cackles manically and says "You ain't hungry enough yet." Turns out it was an enemy head that he was munching on.

My dear Perkins, I am looking in my canvas bag and cackling loudly, "You ain't hungry enough yet." Of course that one fellow did subsequently to being discovered, jump off a cliff, but I am not at that point yet. I do know that many more Prof BC devotees are looking in their canvas bags too and receiving sustenance. Come over to the darkside.
Most MGs have gone out as of a few minutes ago. The following have not yet gone:

Those requesting ambrotypes (I am finishing them today and they will be packed with your books to ship out Monday).

Those specifically requesting later shipment and/or holds until further notice (you know who you are).

A few trainwrecks where more than one person appears to want the same COA. Could the following please contact me via PM here at your earliest convenience and tell me the number of your Ph.o.t.O. Dopps:

Winks (I actually know your PhotO number better than you just now, as you know, but please confirm your other Dopps numbers)
J. Adlesick
T. Heinlein
S. Cauthorne
B. Orr
B. Leistikow

For the most part, these are questions of miscounting on the spreadsheet, but I want to triple check with you first to avoid issuing out the wrong numbers. And finally:

New customers and orders requesting COAs with numbers greater than 100. These all will be (re)assigned new numbers in lottery fashion/Next Available Number from the outstanding stock, but I cannot begin that process until I have cleared up the aforementioned trainwrecks (again to avoid the possibility of lotterying out a number that actually belongs to another).

My current count of remaining MGs stands at eleven.

Thank you most sincerely,
Prof BC

Two dozen ambrotypes now available on the Lebanon Circle Magic site. Bit of midnight oil, but they are ready.

A word of disclosure (because it is not in the present manual as it was in the GH*ST manual): the ambrotypes represent a faded, old, generally damaged image of M.R.J. and not a 'clean' or 'bright' photograph. Be aware of this fact before ordering. They are meant to be atmospheric and yet can be successfully projected (if desired) onto a wall or screen (with a bright enough light) to reveal good detail.

Prof BC
[quote]On Nov 8, 2015, PROF BC wrote:

Two dozen ambrotypes now available on the Lebanon Circle Magic site. Bit of midnight oil, but they are ready.

A word of disclosure (because it is not in the present manual as it was in the GH*ST manual): the ambrotypes represent a faded, old, generally damaged image of M.R.J. and not a 'clean' or 'bright' photograph. Be aware of this fact before ordering. They are meant to be atmospheric and yet can be successfully projected (if desired) onto a wall or screen (with a bright enough light) to reveal good detail.

Prof BC [/quote]

Considered yourself loved here by a woman for a change
:rotf:
Not to brag but I have the 2 original books (More Ghost as a First ed. and Ghost as an 8th ed. but looking exactly the same).
And I'll tell you: you cannot tell the difference, if by the quality and texture of the paper.
What the Prof does, well, it's no quackery!
Hmmm... I was a bit slow on the notification and missed the short window of opportunity for the ambrotype at Lebanon Circle. I will be more vigilant in the future when next the good professor has time to make more available!
Egads! I awoke this morning to the news that the ambrotypes were all gone. I thought I had made up enough to last a while. I do not know when I will have time to run up more again (but I will do). Just now I have to finish the packing & shipping for MG and get back to Triptych.

Will post here when the next batch is ready (not this week or next either, I am thinking).

Thank you, most sincerely, for the enthusiasm. You overwhelm me with your many kindnesses.

BC
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Nov 9, 2015 03:43PM)
Miss Le Fey speaks the truth: this aging of MG is extraordinary. If feels, looks, and smells for all the world like all my other (actual) books from around the same year. Not to mention that it looks fantastic nestled in with its companion as well as the other, more colorful Dopps.
[quote]On Nov 7, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
My current count of remaining MGs stands at eleven. Thank you most sincerely, Prof BC [/quote]

Whilst MORE GH*ST is a really wonderful addition to the Dopps family, I'm even more blown away by how it takes the original GH*ST to an even higher level. I would seriously urge any original GH*ST owners who are on the fence about purchasing MORE GH*ST to take the plunge before the last few copies sell out. It works seamlessly with the original effect whilst adding many more potential hits and opportunities to weave a story, and whilst involving twice the number of participants. I can't imagine that anyone who enjoys their GH*ST wouldn't benefit greatly from adding MORE GH*ST to their act.

Professor, you have really raised the bar with your recent releases, and PHANTOMS will always have a special place in my heart, but I think MORE GH*ST may just be my favourite of all of them. Thank you so very much for admitting that famous author into the Dopps family.
GOT MINE!
THANK YOU PROFESSOR!!!
Wow.. if anybody is on the fence about this one..... do yourself a favor and snap up one of those last copies.
This is a gem!
I am so jealous...I'm out of town for the next 2 days...but it will be waiting on me when I return Wed night.
MG is extraordinary!
These Professor BC books never cease to amaze me...even the fact they exist is remarkable to me.
Such precise deceptive jazz instruments of mystery without equal.
I suspect extraterrestrials are involved.
Got home to a awesomely pleasant surprise, my #21 MG !! This book is another work of art from front to back, not to mention all the extra's you've crammed into this one connecting the 1st & Dopps.

Was reading thru the manual yesterday - WOW, Prof just mind blowingly amazing !!!! You went from raising the bar once more with PotO to rocketing past Satern with MG !!
So I am guessing your next treat/release will be touching the end of our known universe !?!?

Not surprised that these went as quick as they did, this is not one to sit on the fence about !!

Thank you Prof, my MG sits proudly next to 1st G & nestled with Dopp's cousin set 😊
Mine is most likely carefully wrapped and sitting on my table awaiting my arrival home. Alas, I am in Chicago Illinois for another 8 to 10 days, so I will live vicariously off of everyone else's joy and amazement until I can finally hold my own copy in my hands! Thank you, Prof BC for such a wonderful gift, not only to expand my Dopps Collection, but to offer alternative avenues of performance venues with MG and Spectre! (Now if only I could find Gh*st and truly have a complete set!!!). 😁
The only one missing in my collection is Shakespeare!
AND, but call me Veruca Salt, I count the days on my fingers and toes to hear tidings of a Fairy Tale book!
But I'll allow the poor man a couple of centons to rest! :sun:
Http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0076bg6

Another bio of M.R. James.
I think gr1mm should be next then I'll be done. You only need so many and it makes sense to use the creepier titles.
Then he'll probably go for Rackham! :onehundred:
Just curious - How many left?
Got back in town last night and it was waiting for me. What an amazing book...and that is just the book itself...then there is the contents! Amazing.
My hat off to Prof BC for his fertile brains and crafty hands. And my gratitude also extends to Dan of the Lebanon Circle. Two true gentlemen.
Got mine in the mail today....what service, only four days to Phoenix. Prof BC and Dan excel in all ways as vendors amd creators!
Now, first I will try to read quickly the entire tome, ....before going past the first 12 pages of the manual. Then will delight in seeing the details of this fantastic looking, beautifully aged treasure, to incorporate in my Dopps set and/or develop the "one-off" amd mentalist potentials! Awwwwesome...!
:dancing: :readingbook:
Received mine two days ago. Very happy with/about it.
Looks fantastic.

Thx Prof BC!
[quote]On Nov 11, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
You only need so many[/quote]

What! Are you crazy?

(Only joking).

I'm kind of torn. On the one hand I'd love to have a whole shelf full of different Doppelgängers. On the other, I'd love to get my hands on the final Faerie Dopps sooner rather than later. In all probability I'll keep purchasing new Doppelgängers for as long as Prof BC cares to conjure them up and I can afford them.

I suspect it will depend very much upon where the good Prof's creative juices take him.

My MORE GH*ST arrived in the UK today. Awesome! So for now it's just a quiet evening enjoying the ghost stories.
Is it still available?
[quote]On Nov 18, 2015, dorian_faust wrote:
Is it still available? [/quote]

The Lebanon Circle website still seems to have it in stock.
MG is so brilliant...these BC books keep getting more intriguing while always staying truely backward compatible...unreal.
At any moment the Prof. can drop the mic and walk away from us indisputably victorious.
This could well be the ultimate Prof BC book test (though I hate referring to it as a "book test" since that term tends to diminish its versatility). It has the main features of Doppelganger plus [i]loads[/i] of additional hits.

Potential buyers should know that they do not need to own Doppelganger or Gh*st. More Gh*st can easily provide an evening's entertainment on its own. It's convincingly aged as well.

It looks like 2015 is the year of Prof BC. He seems to keep outdoing himself. When it comes time to vote for the best marketed bizarre effects of this year, Ph.o.t.O, Spectre, and More Gh*st will all be on my list.
Awesome time stamps above Mind Guerrilla..lol :)
[quote]On Nov 18, 2015, Eddie Garland wrote:
MG is so brilliant[/quote]
Yes. I [i]am[/i]. ;)

Awesome time stamps above Mind Guerrilla..lol :) [/quote]
You're ahead of your time, Eddie. ;)
MG is so brilliant...these BC books keep getting more intriguing while always staying truely backward compatible...unreal.
At any moment the Prof. can drop the mic and walk away from us indisputably victorious. [/quote]

Love this.
I loved the fact that he needed a university math department to calculate there are 2.144x10^66 different possible hit combinations. Talk about never having to do the same routine twice.
One less available as I've just grabbed mine, an early Xmas prez to myself 'cos I've worked hard all year. Knowing it's from the Prof, I can't go wrong :)
[quote]On Nov 18, 2015, minty wrote:
[quote]On Nov 11, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
You only need so many[/quote]

What! Are you crazy? (Only joking).I'm kind of torn. On the one hand I'd love to have a whole shelf full of different Doppelgängers. [/quote]

As much as I love Dopps and Gho*st it would be too expensive for me to own the whole set. I'm wondering out of the 100 copies how many even get used in performance and you only really need three (unless you often perform to a lot of people and you really want to bust them all out in a longer performance?). I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet this is more of a collectors item that sits on a shelf for most people.
[quote]On Nov 19, 2015, CryptKeeper wrote:
As much as I love Dopps and Gho*st it would be too expensive for me to own the whole set. I'm wondering out of the 100 copies how many even get used in performance and you only really need three (unless you often perform to a lot of people and you really want to bust them all out in a longer performance?). I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet this is more of a collectors item that sits on a shelf for most people.[/quote]

Personally, I usually perform Doppelgänger with a small group of people seated round a table, and I like each participant to have their own book. So I usually have at least four books in play, often five. I also like to offer participants a choice of books, so will generally have the full set of books in the centre of the table, even if we only end up using four/five of them. I think, for me personally, future releases would be about offering participants more choice, rather than increasing the number of books in play. That, plus giving me the option to choose specific books for specific occasions/audiences (such as Christmas-themed books).
The Dopps library accommodates a seasonal holiday selection while also providing a year-round choice of popular genres including Mystery, Horror and even though this be madness, yet there is method in 't."...Shakespeare!

I admit I have yet to use multiple books in harmony but I long to. It might even be a personal goal.
I do however definitely switch out the various books into my shoulder bag seasonally or with various objectives in mind.

These books are designed to do a whole bunch of multiple amazing things and can jazz dance like Jack Cole, they can also elegantly isolate a phrase or a single word that can make all the difference in a moment of presentational wonder.

I will also admit that that I have gazed deeply into an ambrotype to momentarily stall and get my plan together.
The Antipodes just became scarier with the arrival of More Ghosts.
#3 arrived ok in UK yesterday, with ambrotype.
Whilst sitting in front of a crackling log fire last Thursday night I heard a strange scratching sound emanating from the front door. Upon investigation I discovered a dark hooded figure standing still inside the porch. With trembling hands I opened the door slowly, the figure stirred, the stench of death wafted to my nose causing me to gag. "What do you want from me?" I said, my voice full of fear.
"PARCEL" a disembodied voice croaked from beneath the hood, bony hands extending towards me holding a parcel in one and a PDA in the other "SIGN HERE" it croaked, the voice like fingernails down a chalk board. I thanked the figure and watched as it dissapeared wraithlike into the mist.

I really must complain about our postman sometime!

It has arrived! it is a work of art (as is the ambrotype)

Thank you Professor B.C and thank you Dan
It's beautiful - I'm performing with mine in a couple of weeks ... at an MR James story event :)
Number 83 just landed in the U.K and very impressive it is. I somehow managed to stop reading the pdf at page 12 and I'm going to read the book before I check the rest of the instruction. Maybe.........
MORE GH*ST is now Sold Out.

Many thanks and happy Hogmanay; see you in the New Year!

BC
Congratulations Prof, I'm happy to be one of the 100 proud owners of the 2nd G ( & the 1st ) !

Looking forward to the New Year of your works of art ☺

A Happy New Year to all !! 😀
Glad I snagged one before it sold out. One of the best purchases I've ever made.
MORE GH*ST, a legacy offering.

I'll be voting for MORE GH*ST by PROF BC in [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=604157&start=0]The Official 2015 Trick of the Year thread[/url] as well as nominating Prof BC for the "Thurston Award"-- given to a creator, with a release this year, that represents the true Spirit of Magic with their attention to customer service, kindness, and generosity to the community.
Me too. He deserves it.
Finally on holiday and for the first time this particularly complicated year I can devote the necessary time to sit down and concentrate properly on my copy of Prof BC's More Gh*st. I knew it was going to be an incredible item when I ordered it late last year. I knew it was both an exquisite work of art and a magnificent working tool when it arrived and I spent far too little time time with it at Christmas. Now after just a couple of days heading deeper down the rabbit hole I am again in awe of the sheer physical and mental craftmanship that the Prof puts into everything he does (and it's not as if he has a day job or anything is it?!) I'm going to take my time to "learn" what needs to be learnt with More Gh*st because it deserves nothing less and the first time I use it I know it will be devastating and completely bombproof. Just wanted to tip my hat to the Prof again and say thanks for all the hard work. And who knows, when I get home Confundamus might be sitting waiting patiently for me! (rubs hands with glee)
Does anyone have a spare M.R. James ambrotype that they’d like to sell me?

If so, please PM me. Thanks!
Hi Sean,

I’ll PM you.
Thank you for reaching out, Bogbadger.

Still looking for one. Please PM me if interested, US sellers would be most appropriate due to shipping costs for this small item. I’m in NY
Prof BC used to post that had spares that he would sell for about $15 or so. Might be worth PMing him; I'd bet he might still have some.
Thanks, Seth!

I already tried, but unfortunately he is out.
I'd love to buy an ambrotype too. I initially had two and gave one away to another Gh*st owner. Unfortunately mine broke!
Please PM me if anyone else has a spare to sell.
Thank you.
I have a More Gh*st I'll let go at a reasonable rate, PM me.
[quote]On May 31, 2019, Sean Xem wrote:
Does anyone have a spare M.R. James ambrotype that they’d like to sell me?

If so, please PM me. Thanks! [/quote]

Found one, thanks all!