(Close Window)
Topic: Greetings from Santa Barbara, CA!
What a great site! I've been dabbling in close-up (mostly cards) since the early 1970's; been a member of the Academy of Magical Arts (Magician Member, Magic Castle) since 1975.

After a fairly long respite from the art, I am getting back to it, and have already learned a lot from browsing the Café.

I am very impressed with the camaraderie and helpfulness of the members. Hope I can also be of help.

E-mails are always welcome!
Let me be the first to welcome you John.
You are right, this is a great place to make friends and learn.

Hope to see your posts soon!
I'm glad you found us John, I hope to hear a lot more from you.
Welcome to our magic family John, it's great to have another in the fold.
;) :pepsi:
Hi John,

Welcome to the Magic Cafe from one member of the AMA to another!

This place is wonderful and when I say "this place", naturally I mean the patrons! It's certainly the friendliest magic place on the Internet. :bigsmile:

Allow me to be the first to buy you lunch.
:hamburger: :pepsi:

Let me know the next time you'll be at the Castle so I can meet you and say HI. I know it's a little of a drive for you in Santa Barbara... but isn't it worth it? :bg:

Looking forward to reading your posts here in the Cafe.

Enjoy!

Joe Marotta
Valley-Dude :righton:
Glad to see you have returned to our art. Magic has funny way of drawing one in FOREVER!

Welcome to The Magic Cafe!

P.
Welcome John :wavey:

Enjoy the Cafe' :)

Gio
Welcome aboard, John.
Be careful of starting again after a respite; speaking from experience, I can now say you are "hooked for life"! :bg:
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
The doors are always open at The Cafe, John. We look forward to your posts. Lots of good stuff on the menu. Take your time and browse. While your looking, have a snack on me. :donut1: :coffee: :coffee:

Dave
Welcome Friend John!

Nice to have you make this place a stop in your return to magic.

Sounds like you will have a great deal to offer! I look forward to hearing more from you!

BroDavid
Welcome to The Magic Cafe! Enjoy! :pepsi:
Welcome John,

I took a few years off from magic myself and can tell you that after rediscovering my passion for it, I am hooked for life!

Looking forward to your posts.
Welcome to the Cafe! I am finding myself in a position similar to yours, as I'm coming back to magic after a brief interlude...as my local dealer says, "I knew I'd see you back again! They ALWAYS come back...."
Thanks, guys, for all your warm welcomes!

Will see you in the various fora here and elsewhere in cyberspace.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Let me also welcome you to the Cafe, John. As a young magician, I'm sure there's much for me to learn from you.
Thanks, dchung! I have very fond memories of Montreal. I spent a summer school session at McGill University in 1969.... probably long before you were born.

I love watching younger magicians. I am somtimes stuck in the older school and am very impressed with new approaches and ideas of younger magicians. So, our learning may be mutual!
:nose:
Hi John :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Nice to hear that you are back to art and glad that you decided to join the family... How nice. Please enjoy a cup of Strong Turkish coffee on my bill while surfing through the menu. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Welcome aboard John.

This place is infectious. So sit back, relax & enjoy!!!!!

Cheers!

Mark
:devilish:
Tora and Mark,

Thank you!

I have been in both the UK and Turkey. Actually, I was only in Istanbul for about 4 days, but hope to return. It exceeded my expectations and my interest is piqued: I'd like to see more of Turkey.

I bicycled around UK (when I was younger, more robust, and less rotund). Still head to London occasionally to see friends.

Anyway, hope to see you on-line, and, who knows? with my travels, I may run into each of you in a real-time café sometime.

Sounds like you are bringing a wealth of experience here! I can't wait to read your posts.
Enjoy!
Garrett,

I was in Champaign in November. In fact, I almost did a stint there for graduate school (decided on Stanford instead, since I don't
"do" snow and cold well).

Thanks for your welcome!

Welcome John. You have found the best magic site on the Web. I look forward to reading your posts!

Take care, Jay
Thanks, Jay. I've been all over the fora now and I'm more impressed than ever!

See you on-line!
Welcome John,

This is the best magic forum in town.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Regards,
Eric Russell-Brown
Welcome to the Cafe, John.

What did you get your graduate degree in?

Take care,
kou
Hi kou! (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun, even though I am sure you hear it all the time.)

In addition to my law degree, I have a couple of graduate degrees. One is in Education, the other in Counseling Psychology. I am also TESL certified (Teaching English as a Second Language). Getting all those letters after my name on a single business card is one of my best tricks! (Actually, most people don't know I have them, but since you asked...)

Are you a student?