(Close Window)
Topic: Have you seen Sync?
Imagine being able to have someone think of a word, place or even a name then being able to reveal it...

This probably sounds familiar, but here is where it gets interesting...

Imagine doing all of that as well as it being virtually self working and the participant saying nothing.

My friend Fraser Parker is always up to dastardly different thinking on some of mentalism's classic effects whether it be pin revelations, name guesses and good old fashioned intuitive principles. Sync is a brand new method to accomplish the age old plot of revealing a thought of word in a new process that looks and feels like real mind reading.

No Forces
No Duel Reality (Though it can utilize it)
No Words or Letters named
No Peeks of any kind
No seriously

Interested? Then read more on Fraser's page...

http://www.fraserparker.co.uk/sync.htm
Hey guys,

Alex here.

I just received Fraser's latest offering called Sync, in being able to billetlessly and without any props, reveal the name of someone that they are merely thinking of.

After reading this, it reminds me of the Ouija origins, and how it all came together quite nicely, as well as traces of False Messiah thinking spread out as well.

This is definately worth taking a look at, if you enjoy Fraser's line of thinking, or have ever wanted to reveal billetlessly a person's name or place they had in mind.

If you bought Ouija or False Messiah in the past, this is a great addition to that, because it adds a layer of deception without the spectator having to say a single word.

This is thought provoking work that will "sync" into your performance, once you gain the basic idea and grasp the thinking behind this.

This is something that you can do anytime, anywhere, and blow some minds.

This does take some practice, so don't expect to be able to do this right away, especially if you have never read any of Fraser's work. If you have, and you know the way he thinks, then you will be able to pick this up in no time, and be up and running to the races.

All in all, this is a great tool to have and use at your disposal, and something that future performers can take advantage of.

Thanks Fraser

Alex Alejandro
Hello guys!
I got this a few days ago. The method is genius (like every Fraser's effect). If you like impromptu and strong mentalism I highly suggest it. No peeks, no pre-show, no gimmicks.
It is one of those things that come as close as possible to real mind reading.
Kind regards,

Romanos
I just started toying with it right away. I can without a doubt tell you that Fraser has created the future of mentalism. This system, though good is the surface of what's to come. This is not the review. I'll write that a bit later. This system is on the cusps of psychic phenomena. I know it's not real, but this is a step or two away from the holy grail. Totally underpriced!

I will write a more detailed description later.
Does this work in french ?
It can work in any language.
Sounds a little too good to be true... Lol
OK guys, I've had the chance to do more with it. Here's the deal:

Sync is an expansion on some of Fraser's earlier work. However it's a method for guessing information without having to write anything down. This is a system and a tool.
The reason why it's so good is because you are systematically learning the thoughts of the participant in real time, hence the title, "Sync".

Is it easy? Yes.

Is it foolproof? Yes.

Why? It's easy because the method, like hypnosis relies on performer's ability to place the spectator in the right frame of mind. But don't worry, the method is truly dirt easy. The genius of the system is the way its framed to keep the spectator from guessing exactly whats going on.

The reason why this system is a must have for any performer is because finally, when presented with the mind reader's challenge, you are always in the driver seat instead of deferring or using some some of way out. What is the mind reader's challenge you ask?

SPECTATOR: Oh, you are a mind-reader? Well, what am I thinking right now?

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHILE TESTING: I noticed that this system can be used alone or with other methods. I haven't shared this tidbit with Fraser yet, but I was able to keep my participant on her toes by merging Sync and False Messiah's method. Even that can be built upon. If you have Atlas' Train Tracking, you can merge all three together and blow people away, thus making it 100% seemingly method-less. Last night while trying to learn it perfectly, I first used a fail safe, in which I used a portion of Colin's Zen. I know this sounds like a lot to take in but this system is flexible, and I urge any person performing this to mix methods. I do it for almost a certain kind of cheap thrill, but it can be done to give yourself advantages.
Is this in anyway related to Oija? Also, is this repeatable?
All methods are different. But its an expansion on his previous works.
Just got the project in front of me, this is beautiful, the principle used here is one of my favorites, and I inicially came with a birthday divination idea using this principle and to see it used with names, is a thing of beauty.

The PDF is well written, and the idea is here, it's easy as that and they never say nothing! Can be used in any language and you'll love practicing this effect !

The final answer for prop less name divination is here, Sync for sure. I prefer this to Ouija. Even if they're both great !

Good job!

- Olivier
Sync by Fraser is (in my opinion) superior that Ouija in terms of simplicity of method and more direct in effect. I am already working the script to fit my persona and I even share with Fraser some added manners to create the works.

Fraser is pushing the art in exciting levels, keep the good work my friend!

Best
Fraser Parker wrote about sync "I recently went back to my notebooks ..." "...and after a few days of playing with scripting ..."

So from what I understand is that he created sync just recently. Then it's not an effect that he worked with for a long time ? the effect was not really tested in real world ? Is it just a great idea put on paper ?
It is a different arrangement of older ideas – all of which, including the latest version Sync have been performed and tested by both myself and friends. Those who own my previous work you will understand why this works and could be released soon after it was finally fully worked out from my notebooks.
I wonder what the reason might be for the different prices of Ouija, False Messiah and Sync... Not trying to start a debate... I really would like to know :)

Are these so different? If Sync is the perfect method, why is it cheaper that Ouija and so much cheaper than False Messiah?

(I am NOT complaining at all: I bought Ouija, but False Messiah was way out of my budget, so I'm glad Sync is affordable :D)
You bring up a valid point---I too have the same questions. It is perplexing to try to correlate value with price...but it seems as if Sync is not the "perfect" method, based on its price relative to the other publications. Thoughts?

Kevin

[quote]On Dec 4, 2015, Adrien Lochon wrote:
I wonder what the reason might be for the different prices of Ouija, False Messiah and Sync... Not trying to start a debate... I really would like to know :)

Are these so different? If Sync is the perfect method, why is it cheaper that Ouija and so much cheaper than False Messiah?

(I am NOT complaining at all: I bought Ouija, but False Messiah was way out of my budget, so I'm glad Sync is affordable :D) [/quote]
I've seen Sync, and for me, it suit me.
Ouija was nice as well, and both of them are easy.
I like them a lot.
I learn this principle some times ago, and to see it here was a big surprise for me! It's one of my favourite principles for sure, and you can use it to divine other things, playing cards, birthday dates, and so.
I would just like to point out that this uses a different principle to the one Ceierry is referring to. The only similarity my method has is the spectator counts upwards through a list of information mentally. I felt the original handling of this wasn't deceptive and therefore created an improvement.
[quote]On Dec 7, 2015, Fraser Parker wrote:
I would just like to point out that this uses a different principle to the one Ceierry is referring to. The only similarity my method has is the spectator counts upwards through a list of information mentally. I felt the original handling of this wasn't deceptive and therefore created an improvement. [/quote]

I agree totally :)
My bad, you can't go wrong with this one really :)
Message: Posted by: TheGentlemanMindReader (Dec 9, 2015 03:22PM)
Usually with propless mentalism, the process would be significantly long to divine a thought of card, name, etc. How long would it normally take on average to divine a name with sync?
So, I got this and although I find it very interesting and, as all of Fraser's works I had the pleasure of reading, extremely clever, I prefer Ouija over Sync.

I respectfully disagree with Pablo when he says Sync is more direct. The spectator "never saying a word" is kind of true, but I don't feel that point in particular makes the effect stronger. And the process in Sync is longer than Ouija, although it is still pretty fast.

So, all in all, there is some great thinking here, as I've come to expect from Fraser, but I guess I'll stick with Ouija :)
I think that a logical person would figure out this method, no? The spectator may not know exactly what is going on, but there is a process...and it can be "backtracked" in the mind...no?

Kevin
[quote]On Dec 9, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:
I think that a logical person would figure out this method, no? The spectator may not know exactly what is going on, but there is a process...and it can be "backtracked" in the mind...no?

Kevin [/quote]

Well... Yes, I guess everything can be backtracked, but Sync is VERY deceptive when presented properly and I don't think that it can EASILY be backtracked.
Not sure if using electronics to perform certain effects can be backtracked, but your point is taken in that this is not easily backtracked. Thanks!

Kevin

[quote]On Dec 9, 2015, Adrien Lochon wrote:
[quote]On Dec 9, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:

Kevin [/quote]

Well... Yes, I guess everything can be backtracked, but Sync is VERY deceptive when presented properly and I don't think that it can EASILY be backtracked. [/quote]
Message: Posted by: TheGentlemanMindReader (Dec 9, 2015 05:44PM)
I prefer Ouija over Sync...So, all in all, there is some great thinking here, as I've come to expect from Fraser, but I guess I'll stick with Ouija :) [/quote]

Would Sync be similar to Ouija in the aspect which you will be correct about the name the vast majority of the time with some misses?
Hi Alex,

I noticed that in some of your reviews, you state that YOU will be using the reviewed item in your own show. In this particular case, you are shying away from using Sync in your own shows. Is there a reason why you will not be using this in your shows?

Kevin

[quote]On Nov 19, 2015, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

Alex here.

I just received Fraser's latest offering called Sync, in being able to billetlessly and without any props, reveal the name of someone that they are merely thinking of.

After reading this, it reminds me of the Ouija origins, and how it all came together quite nicely, as well as traces of False Messiah thinking spread out as well.

This is definately worth taking a look at, if you enjoy Fraser's line of thinking, or have ever wanted to reveal billetlessly a person's name or place they had in mind.

If you bought Ouija or False Messiah in the past, this is a great addition to that, because it adds a layer of deception without the spectator having to say a single word.

This is thought provoking work that will "sync" into your performance, once you gain the basic idea and grasp the thinking behind this.

This is something that you can do anytime, anywhere, and blow some minds.

This does take some practice, so don't expect to be able to do this right away, especially if you have never read any of Fraser's work. If you have, and you know the way he thinks, then you will be able to pick this up in no time, and be up and running to the races.

All in all, this is a great tool to have and use at your disposal, and something that future performers can take advantage of.

Thanks Fraser

Alex Alejandro [/quote]
This stuff look great!
So, I got this and although I find it very interesting and, as all of Fraser's works I had the pleasure of reading, extremely clever, I prefer Ouija over Sync.

I respectfully disagree with Pablo when he says Sync is more direct. The spectator "never saying a word" is kind of true, but I don't feel that point in particular makes the effect stronger. And the process in Sync is longer than Ouija, although it is still pretty fast.

So, all in all, there is some great thinking here, as I've come to expect from Fraser, but I guess I'll stick with Ouija :) [/quote]

This is upsetting. I was tempted to get it with the false messiah bundle but it's still way too expensive in my opinion. I've never particularly loved the ouija method, what you wrote here convinces me to let it go I guess..
[quote]On Dec 9, 2015, TheGentlemanMindReader wrote:
Would Sync be similar to Ouija in the aspect which you will be correct about the name the vast majority of the time with some misses? [/quote]

Yes, but with Sync you can have even less misses... In fact, you can make it 100%, but the process will be longer...
[quote]On Dec 10, 2015, Heka Siosiri wrote:

So, all in all, there is some great thinking here, as I've come to expect from Fraser, but I guess I'll stick with Ouija :) [/quote]

This is upsetting. I was tempted to get it with the false messiah bundle but it's still way too expensive in my opinion. I've never particularly loved the ouija method, what you wrote here convinces me to let it go I guess.. [/quote]

Don't get me wrong: Sync is a great way to divine a thought of name... But for me, Ouija is even better.

I bought Sync and I would buy it again: it has some very good ideas and actually I'm already thinking about how I can use the core principle in different ways.

I would love to get False Messiah, but it is way out of my limited budget :P
I prefer the feel to the name guess in False Messiah, however Sync is perfect in terms of its simplicity and is a better method for divining any word thought of completely prop-less.
I recently purchased Sync. I finally had a chance to read it, and field test it a little. Granted I've only done it a handful of times, but it went over smooth and with great reactions. I love peopless Mentalism, and this is a HUGE step forward in the area of propless mindreading. I recommend it to everyone interested in this type of plot. Fraser is a sharp kid with a bright future. I look forward to more of his work. I look forward to adding Sync as a regular, in my reprertore of anytime anywhere Mentalism performances.

Morgan
I have to admit I was a bit sceptical after reading and re-reading this, and then going over it in my head for a week. But first time out of the box it worked. You wouldn't think something so simple in theory could work so elegantly, but it did. Now I admit that this first time and the next few times I'll be sticking to star signs, but I can see me using this for names and cities as well. Really great premise that deserves some time and thinking..... Not sure if I want too many people to know about it though.....
Your quote below says better method. BUT...your ad copy says perfect method. Is the ad copy accurate that this is the absolute perfect method?

Kevin

[quote]On Dec 10, 2015, Fraser Parker wrote:
I prefer the feel to the name guess in False Messiah, however Sync is perfect in terms of its simplicity and is a better method for divining any word thought of completely prop-less. [/quote]
[quote]On Dec 14, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:
Your quote below says better method. BUT...your ad copy says perfect method. Is the ad copy accurate that this is the absolute perfect method?

Kevin

[quote]On Dec 10, 2015, Fraser Parker wrote:
I prefer the feel to the name guess in False Messiah, however Sync is perfect in terms of its simplicity and is a better method for divining any word thought of completely prop-less. [/quote] [/quote]
Is this a serious question?
What would be better for guessing a single digit number, this or Ross's ''Abyss'' ?
With Ross' method the spectator has to name multiple letters. Sync allows you to do this without the spectator saying a anything.
The method seems like the same one in false messiah.
This is NOT the same method as False Messiah but is a nice additional technique to add to your arsenal of prop-less mentalism.
[quote]On Dec 15, 2015, Michael Zarek wrote:
What would be better for guessing a single digit number, this or Ross's ''Abyss'' ? [/quote]

In my opinion Abyss would be better for 1 on 1 situations and even small groups and Sync would be better for a stage effect.
Nick, yours is a very useful post for potential customers. Can you tell us why you feel Abyss would be better for 1 on 1 situations? Thanks!

Kevin

[quote]On Dec 22, 2015, Nick Singh wrote:
[quote]On Dec 15, 2015, Michael Zarek wrote:
What would be better for guessing a single digit number, this or Ross's ''Abyss'' ? [/quote]

In my opinion Abyss would be better for 1 on 1 situations and even small groups and Sync would be better for a stage effect. [/quote]
I feel this would work well in both situations. There is nothing in the method which determines which environment would play better. I personally only work close up, so can cover any potential misses easier, for stage I would use a classic method.
Looking forward to my copy Sync, Fraser, and to Field Test it.

Happy Holidays my friend and thanks for sharing your prop-less works with the community.
Thank you guitarmagic, please report back here when you have had a chance to perform it.
Having read both Ouija and Sync, I can say this is an exciting concept. I'm an enthusiast, not a seasoned pro mentalist, but I've done my fair share of research and practice. The method here is an evolution of Ouija (an already astounding technique), and is wonderfully deceptive and effective. I'd say it requires a bit of boldness, but man, the result really feels like the real thing... False Messiah further develops the technique in exciting ways, but for anyone who doesn't want to spend the $200 in that, Sync (or Ouija, for that matter) is nice gateway to the beautiful method. Totally worthwhile!

~Dave
Hmmm...I'm not sureee...I got this a while back... After having read some if Frasers work and liking it...but this just seems to easy for the spec to backtrack and figure out.... Its an amazing concept I'll say that....anyone have experience with this?? How do specs respond....???

Sleepy
[quote]On Apr 10, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Hmmm...I'm not sureee...I got this a while back... After having read some if Frasers work and liking it...but this just seems to easy for the spec to backtrack and figure out.... Its an amazing concept I'll say that....anyone have experience with this?? How do specs respond....???

Sleepy [/quote]

I've done Sync four times now and it flies right over the participants head in regards to the method. Response to it has been more of a spooked response rather than a "wow that is amazing!" response for me personally. This is something you would want to perform on strangers rather than your friends and at the magic club etc.
[quote]On Apr 10, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Apr 10, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:

Sleepy [/quote]

I've done Sync four times now and it flies right over the participants head in regards to the method. Response to it has been more of a spooked response rather than a "wow that is amazing!" response for me personally. This is something you would want to perform on strangers rather than your friends and at the magic club etc. [/quote]

Thanks for the feedback.... Gonna try it out now.....

Sleepy
Are there any performance videos?
[quote]On Apr 14, 2016, Fligmupple wrote:
Are there any performance videos? [/quote]

That would potentially expose the method... Unless some bits are cut out...

Sleepy