(Close Window)
Topic: GUMBO by Sensor Magic - Change Gum flavour and size 6 times!
Http://sensor-magic.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=86ced230-85cc-4f0e-8fc8-6996a1ac31fd

This looks awesome! And for $5.... this is a steal! Will post my thoughts here when I try it out!
I usually don't care for gum effects, but since it was a Nicholas Laurence effect, I decided to look at the trailer. And boy am I glad!

Definitely one of the coolest gum effects I've seen!

First of all, the download is well priced and the download process was simple.

Second of all, the download's filming and editing is well done with a length of 35 minutes.

Third of all, the effect & gimmick itself is awesome! Just a simple DIY that anyone who can unwrap a piece of gum can make. The gimmick itself it highly practical & well last a long time.

One thing I appreciated about the download was that the explanation is first then the gimmick construction. And also, during the gimmick construction, there's no edits - no "do this & that, then cut to what it should look like". Instead, you see how to make it from start to finish - a mere 5-10 minute of your time. There were a few sped up parts which helped make watching more of ease because you saw the action without having to hear commentary, which can slow down the process.

Overall, I'm glad I got this and can't wait to go out and perform it. There are so many ways that you could use this and adapt it to one's performance style.

As always Nicholas Laurence & Sensor Magic have delivered another great effect to the community!

Effect: 5/5
DIY Gimmick 5/5
Download Quality: 4.5/5
Pricing: 5/5
Purchasing: 5/5
Watched this! Nicholas Lawrence, IMO has the best potential to being one of the greatest creators of our generation. Although a lot of his work is gimmicky, from what I have seen its all simple methods, out of the box thinking, and visual. This is just another addition to his toolkit of amazing, simple, and visual magic.
The effect is amazing, as you see from the trailer, and Nick makes it look super visual. The gimmick, for what it is, is quite simple to construct and wont cost you much more than maybe 4 bucks (less than the download). It might take some time to make it, but honestly, I have spent much longer making gimmicks that do not come close to this. The method is workable. THe 30 second reset is more like 5 seconds and the pocket space is not too bad. I can see myself having some issues with pocket space, since I have mine laid out already, but if the situation arises, this is awesome.
The quality of the video is clear and Nicholas goes through everything you need to know.
Now I have to go get some gum and make this. It will fit perfectly in my school bag and it would be an awesome trick to show to some students! I could see this being a short bit in a small stage or parlor act as well.
Amazing Job Nicholas!!
Does this work with every pack of gum? I mean, in the europe we don't have the same gums are you right? So wondering if we can apply to other gums other than the one explained
Clarification:

Effect: 5/5
DIY Gimmick 5/5
* Download Content: 5/5 *
Download Quality: 4.5/5
Pricing: 5/5
Purchasing: 5/5
[quote]On Dec 17, 2015, Ceierry wrote:
Does this work with every pack of gum? I mean, in the europe we don't have the same gums are you right? So wondering if we can apply to other gums other than the one explained [/quote]

Yes, if you have like-size packages of gum. As you can see that there's 6 changes, so 4 of them will need similar size packaging.

[Nicholas, hope that's not revealing anything]
Link doesn't work.
Here you go guys...
http://youtu.be/-vgsBmuTpAE
Is it good for table hopping or too much reset? I saw 30 seconds and 5 seconds, do any of you use it over and over in the real world?
Where can I purchase it? The link int he openeing post does not work
[quote]On Dec 17, 2015, Memory-Jah wrote:
Where can I purchase it? The link int he openeing post does not work [/quote]

Here is the trailer:

https://youtu.be/-vgsBmuTpAE

You can purchase it here:

sensor-magic.com

:)
I purchased the download like9h ago or so and still did not get a confirmation or download link nor in my account. Was paid with paypal. What is going on there?
Go to sensor-magic.com - click on Log In - click on Downloads - then you should see "Gumbo Get Download File" - click on Get Download File.

Ed
Is it just me?

The price I see is $9.95 not $5 like James said.

Or there is a currency option..
[quote]On Dec 18, 2015, selectedmagic wrote:
Is it just me?

The price I see is $9.95 not $5 like James said.

Or there is a currency option.. [/quote]

Looks like it was a limited price
Well crud.. Would have purchased it yesterday If I had known this was a Intro price..
Probably just me but seems a weird way to hold a pack of gum -- makes it look like he is just rolling it a la a hot rod. Hopefully it is more than that -- just looks odd to me. Glad others like it
Just checked this out and I really enjoyed it! Someone on facebook posted a great presentation comparing this to the various candies in Harry Potter, that I think works really well in this situation! Tom Elderfield has a similar effect on Influx, but the methods for both are completely different. Nice job Nicholas!
Do you have to perform all 6 changes ? Seems a bit much . Hopefully you don't have to carry a bunch of gum packs ? If this is not the situation then I am in !
Finally watched the download. I really like this. Easy to construct and easy to perform. For $10.00 this is well worth it.

RNK
RNK, Do you have to carry a bunch of gum packs with you ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
[quote]On Dec 31, 2015, tophatter wrote:
RNK, Do you have to carry a bunch of gum packs with you ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey [/quote]

No, the gimmick plus one other pack.
Ok, I'm having trouble finding the smaller packs of gum (such as juicy fruit)

Everywhere I look they are the large flat packs now.

Where should I be looking for the little 5 stick packs?

Thanks.
RNK Thanks for the Information !
Geez I never heard of a 5 stick pack ? Is this what you need to make it work ?
[quote]On Jan 1, 2016, tophatter wrote:
Geez I never heard of a 5 stick pack ? Is this what you need to make it work ? [/quote] Try [url=http://www.amazon.com/Spearmint-Wrigleys-Juicy-Fruit-4PK/dp/B005FSRY42/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1451653947&sr=8-9&keywords=juicy+fruit+gum+5+stick]HERE[/url] ...
Ohhhhh ... I thought you meant 6 pieces of Gum in a pack Duh ! Thanks for clearing that up Joseph !
Server Down !!!

So not able to purchase
This is a great close up trick for kids as well as adults! Really enjoying this!
Link to buy this is now broken.. Hopefully they will fix it soon..
You just need to go to homepage of their site first...for some reason it never takes me directly to any..so you can purchase right now...

http://www.sensor-magic.com/
Thanks
How do you download the tutorial? There is no link for the download after the purchase.
Figured it out. Thanks.
Downloaded it, makes me appreciate Penguin.
NO DOWNLOAD !! I purchased the trick Nothing !!What To Do ?
Finally got it ! Make sure you create an account then go to Download Not orders It will be there but it takes a long time like almost 30 minutes ! Trust me it's worth it . this guy is a real smart thinker very nice effect ! I will construct it today already got the gum what a fooler !
Finally got it ! Make sure you create an account then go to Download Not orders It will be there but it takes a long time like almost 30 minutes ! Trust me it's worth it . this guy is a real smart thinker very nice effect ! I will construct it today already got the gum what a fooler !
Sorry for going off topic but recently I saw Café member Magic Maddy perform this routine on YouTube or somewhere, made me realize I haven't seen him around here in quite a while.
I miss him because the masochist in me enjoyed being shown up in knowledge and talent by a 16 year old (at least he seemed very young.)
Anyone know if he is still around these parts?
This is a great visual effect ! I have been changing the gum with a small silk then the pack vanishes !
Been looking everywhere for the old style 5 packs of gum. Only can find Freedent.

Where has everyone found the 5 packs?

I tried Walmart, Walgreens, RiteAid etc etc... No luck
Gas station.
Also 7-Eleven has them
Dollar stores have them Dollar Tree
Winter Fresh
Big Red
Juicy Fruit
Doublemint
I have 5 of the six gum packets but finding the last stick type here in Canada has been a challenge. I have a couple old style candy stores lined up as my hopeful conclusion . The effect looks awesome and the directions to make it are clear and easy
I found some good deals on Ebay for all of them
Just a tip here a good one wrap the packets up in Clear packing tape . This is mentioned in the explanation the gimmick will work smoothly & stay in great condition ! This also allows the changes to become more natural . You only need a half wrap on each face of the packet especially covering the pull tab . The gum packs will also look like they are plastic wrapped Shinny like a new pack .