(Close Window)
Topic: Roy is walking!
[url=http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/features/entertainment/wabc_030304_entertainmentsstory_royhorn.html]Entertainer Roy Horn Back On His Feet[/url]

(New York-WABC, March 3, 2004) There is good news today for entertainer Roy Horn. He is making a remarkable recovery from that tiger attack.

Horn, half of the legendary Las Vegas act Siegfried and Roy was mauled by a tiger onstage last october, and suffered a stroke.

But now he's able to walk again, last week taking 558 paces with the help of a walker, at a hospital in Germany.
Glad to hear Roy is the long road back.
That story has been found to be false. S&R's manager Bernie Yuman has said it was a misunderstanding of what the person had seen that gave out this report.

He also mentioned that they would continue to really not put out much information on Roy's treatment or condition. Which is good actually, as the general public does not need to know what is going on other then Roy is doing as well as can be expected etc....

Also the story came from someone in Germany. Not that Roy is in Germany.
I still think the whole situation is pitifully sad.

What a fabulous act, gone forever because of a tiny bit of carelessness.
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Mar 8, 2004 11:42PM)
From what I have understands he sits in his room all day in a hospital bed or wheelchair, usually looking out the window. Hopefully he is getting proper therapy.

I double he is using a walker. If he had a left CVA his entire right side is affected and that means his right is not in use. if he was able to walk he would use a quad cane, and with the help of a pt and a gait belt could probably walk a couple of feet before he would tire.
It's so sad about Roy. Most likely he is not going to get better. Still, we must pray!!!
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Mar 9, 2004 05:55AM)
With enough love and support from family and his own willpower, he will get better. It will be a slow and timely recovery, and a lot of hard work!
Good news, great Jc :stuckinbag:
From what I last heard, Roy is in the absolute best rehab hospital in the world - the one in Colorado. My Dad suffered a gunshot wound to the head, so I have some familarity with these issues and that is the hospital that all the rehab people talk about. Unfortunatly, my father was not admited. :(

JoeJoe
Some updates:

Roy of Siegfried and Roy; Walking, but not Working:
http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/1170.html

HORN HOLIDAYS IN MEXICO
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/horn%20holidays%20in%20mexico
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (May 2, 2005 03:52PM)
I remember when my father first started walking again.
It was soooo hard for him. He need help with weight
shifting and making sure he wouldn't loose his balance.

The day he came home after in-patient rehab my first
fear happened. He lost his balance and fell on the floor
in the living room. I was with him by myself and scared
and freaked out, shaking. He was only able to walk 6ft
before tiring and out of breathe...

Today almost 7 years post-stroke he still has a little
balance problem but has come a long way.

He is an amazing man who can't do much physically but
can talk your ears off about the past.

Its really hard at times to see him so idle.

May is Stroke Awareness Month.

Please know the symptoms and call 911 if you have any.
It can save your life.