(Close Window)
Topic: Sealed 2.0 by Menny Lindenfeld
"If you think the visual looks incredible,wait until you see and handle the gimmick! SEALED looks like real magic. Menny's a genius"
- Dynamo

SEALED 2.0 is a new, redesigned and improved gimmick. Precision-made of strong, high quality materials and designed to last for a lifetime of use. The new gimmick is fully self-contained NO REFILLS needed! And is compatible both with a deck of cards and a cigarette box.

Perform insanely-visual miniature card-in-window type of effects with various small and verifiable objects (signed cards, bills, coins, business cards etc.)

With the cellophane wrap pulled halfway out of the cigarette/card box, perform a visually stunning matter-through-matter miracle by causing the signed object to VISIBLY PENETRATE the hanging cellophane:

Magically toss a singed card, bill or coin, through any of the cellophane panels!

With the signed folded card resting on top of the out-jogged cellophane, cause it to VISIBLY FALL THROUGH the top panel!

Have the card or bill on a spectator's open palm and without touching it, SNATCH IT away with the hanging cellophane - The signed folded card will VISIBLY JUMP into the cellophane from the spectator's own hand!

You can shake the object about, and let the spectator verify it is indeed his/her signature on the object inside! You can hand out both the cellophane and object as a souvenir!

Super visual effect.
Redesigned & improved gimmick.
Gimmick comes ready for use!
High quality, long lasting & 100% reliable.
Only one minute to set up!
Fully self-contained.
No refills!
Use signed cards, coins, bills & more.
Compatible with card deck & cigarette box.
Cellophane & object are fully examinable!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6658
I assembled the original pretty well and still couldn't get it to shoot properly. This new gimmick comes premade. that's a plus. If it is truly long lasting and works 100% of the time. Take my money.
Hallo
as you can see from my message last year in the original post of "sealed" I had redesigned and built a new gimmick entirely of non magnetic metal.
menny was immediately excited (many thanks to Penguin Magic that made possible our meeting!) and in recent months we have made some structural changes, we replaced the means of propulsion with a system that provides more power and does not need spare parts ,We refined the measures and tried various solutions.
the new gimmick is virtually forever and since the first version does not miss a beat!
I know I'm not the right person to say it ... but it is worthy of James Bond! It is gorgeous and you will be sad for not being able to show off your new toy to friends! ( it's the same for me ...!)
menny has made a new editing instructions which relate to the preparation that has been simplified without changing the versions of the trick, adding the possibility to use a packet of cigarettes instead of the cards.

It has been a pleasure working with mr. Lindenfeld and are thrilled that finally has come online and can not wait to read the new reviews!

if I can be useful for questions just ask
...and sorry for my english...!
Thanks. A metal gimmick souds like a worker.
I loved the first Version for the Idea, but I'm pretty sure that this new updated Version will be a winner. definetly made of Metal to last for ever. thumbs up menny to overthink it and thums up to marco, helping to redesign the gimmick!!! :) :) :)
Is there anyway to see a full performance from the start when they sign the card etc so we can see how clean if a get ready there may be before the penetration? Yeah it looks good but how logical and practical is the get ready?
[quote]On Jan 22, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Is there anyway to see a full performance from the start when they sign the card etc so we can see how clean if a get ready there may be before the penetration? Yeah it looks good but how logical and practical is the get ready? [/quote]

what you see in the trailer is pretty much a full performance. just the part of picking a card is missed, the rest is selfcontained. ne need to force a card.
No, because you don't just come out with the cellophane half way down the box do you?
I also liked the idea of Sealed but found it very unreliable (even after constructing two gimmicks!).

Just had a chance to see the new improved gimmick at penguin (downloadable video instructions).
The new design and construction looks amazing, really really clever! and yes no refills any more!!!.
I'll let you know when it arrives. If it is reliable it will go through the roof!

I also want you to be aware of this:
I just wish they have offered this solid version earlier.
Version 1.0 should'nt have been on the market with all its flaws (material, design, problems).
It just not felt ready yet and a early troubleshooting pdf proves that to me.

It might me a idea to give a small discount to customers of version 1.0 (who were not able to use it!).
Or the option to just buy the gimmick (without DVD).
I support this great idea but I (we) don't want to feel like a beta tester.
If I got it right...your question's if is realy ready to work... if you have seen the new gimmick you understand that the forces are high in game, more than first gimmick... the "calibration" is a question of tens of millimeter on a wing position, metal wing is strong and flexible and you can do it in minutes....but is possible you don't need to do it...
when you have calibrated will be 100% reliable, I have extensively tested, the trigger is easier, the effect faster, handle is safer...

if you need more , pm me! ;)
Stupid question from me but do you use the same cellophane. I mean cellophane is fragile. Do you need to replace it often or ever?
John C , no you don't need to replace cellophane
[quote]On Jan 22, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
No, because you don't just come out with the cellophane half way down the box do you? [/quote]

Anyone care to elaborate on this?
Word of warning. The first version of this was more or less unusable. The construction was a nightmare and really not the least bit practical. I can't speak for everyone, but it was really ultimate example of video fooler that had no place in the real world. I'd be curious if a single person went in to perform the trick. Proceed with 2.0 with caution. And agree that anyone who got stuck with the non-usable first version should get a hefty discount (if not free) on 2.0. But oh what a video!
I ordered v2 as I was so impressed with the thinking behind v1 and the effect overall.

After watching the new video, the improvements to the gimmick look fantastic- well done!

I will report back how well it works when it arrives this week.

And for those complaining about v1 being a prototype and asking for a discount, etc. I bought v1, assembled it correctly, it didn't work so I sent it back to Penguin for a refund and they obliged- no questions asked. Customer service is there for a reason- so don't just bite the bullet on a faulty product.

With that said, I'm very excited about the potential of the new gimmick and can't wait to get my hands on it.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2016, Platt wrote:
Word of warning. The first version of this was more or less unusable. The construction was a nightmare and really not the least bit practical. I can't speak for everyone, but it was really ultimate example of video fooler that had no place in the real world. I'd be curious if a single person went in to perform the trick. Proceed with 2.0 with caution. And agree that anyone who got stuck with the non-usable first version should get a hefty discount (if not free) on 2.0. But oh what a video! [/quote]

I agree.

Personally I do not think that we as magicians should suport creators/magic-shops who rushes an impractical product to the market, just to release a more practical version later. I do think people who buys the first version should be offered an apology and be given the new version for free.

A lot of video games, computer programs are often rushed to the market today, because of time limits and pressure from the publisher etc, which is annoying, but atlas they will give you a patch for free and instead of having you buy a new product, which would be unacceptable in any other market than in the magic industry.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
I ordered v2 as I was so impressed with the thinking behind v1 and the effect overall.

After watching the new video, the improvements to the gimmick look fantastic- well done!

I will report back how well it works when it arrives this week.

And for those complaining about v1 being a prototype and asking for a discount, etc. I bought v1, assembled it correctly, it didn't work so I sent it back to Penguin for a refund and they obliged- no questions asked. Customer service is there for a reason- so don't just bite the bullet on a faulty product.

With that said, I'm very excited about the potential of the new gimmick and can't wait to get my hands on it. [/quote]

I contacted them and got a replacment which arrived without damage.
But the second one didn't worked either because of design/construction flaws.
A part of it tends to break easily, another part will get stuck easily.
Poor materials even if assembled correctly.

Iam looking forward to V2.0 but still think a discount or the option to buy it as a single unit, would make sense.
I just wanted a gimmick that works and iam optimistic about the new one!
Lets see..
I would like to have this if it works as in the video. That's real magic. We'll see said the blind man.
Anyone have this yet? Want to get a review, spent too much money in the past month so choosing carefully
So can this be clarified - as this is not shown in the trailer...
You take the deck out (with cellophane on) you take cards out etc etc. in example selection is signed and folded. You pick the box up and pull the cellophane half way down then do penetration?
Is this what happens in performance?
Seems like void is better.

Khan
[quote]On Jan 25, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
So can this be clarified - as this is not shown in the trailer...
You take the deck out (with cellophane on) you take cards out etc etc. in example selection is signed and folded. You pick the box up and pull the cellophane half way down then do penetration?
Is this what happens in performance? [/quote]

yes
It looks fantastic, but $80?

Sound's like that may come from the nature, and construction of the gimmick, but for the effect achieved, that's steep.
Well if it's that clean in performance and the handling is exactly as I described below, then this is a miracle IMO. Just don't understand if it's that clean in the get ready why a full performance from start to finish can't be/wasn't shown as this was done with multiple performances???
Prince, that is what the spectator see Yes. Because there are a few sleights involved and I'm sure they don't want people picking the video apart. But the sleights involved are so simple. Although it does not show a full performance. It is not deceiving like a sansminds video
Ok that's great - thank you.
FYI- Sealed 1.0 customers were just emailed a $30 credit towards Sealed 2.0 if they wish to purchase it.

Great customer service from Penguin!
[quote]On Jan 25, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
FYI- Sealed 1.0 customers were just emailed a $30 credit towards Sealed 2.0 if they wish to purchase it.

Great customer service from Penguin! [/quote]

YES. Just got this as well. I will be purchasing this now.
Thanks Penguin.
Gimmick Looks great. Download is just like the first one. Have not had time to watch it all but from what I did see it was very informative.
Unlike the first gimmick, this one will work. I will post a better review once I receive the gimmick.
Excellent - thanks pelicantrapper
Penguin is the best shop on earth!! Free shipping worldwide as well with this.
Love Penguin.And Burgess Merideth also.
So, anyone have sealed 2.0 yet?
Mine will be here on Thursday. Will review after that.
I love the effect but the price is a little steep. I can't wait to see the reviews on this.
I'm hoping the reviews will be good too as this looks and sounds v good.
The discount from Penguin is nice indeed, but how about putting the instructional video into our My Downloads area as well though.
Being one of the version 1 buyers who could never get it to work properly, and being very aware of the mechanics, it would be nice to actually see what we are getting before spending (a lot) more money.
You did a similar thing with The Poker Test 2.0 by Erik Casey, which was very much appreciated.
Cheers.
Penguin should lower this item to about $35 for a random hour tomorrow (just tell me!) so some of us can look at it and review it.

I think it's a good idea anyway.
Penguin did their very best to give a 30$ discount and free shipping world wide.
You will get a metal gimmick so 35$ is not fair (also for those who paid the full price).
Iam sure you can see enough reviews here shortly. It's all about the new gimmick anyways.
Reliable or not - that's the true question here.
I caved and used my discount, really hoping I didn't get fleeced twice on this effect but we'll see. I have faith in Penguin so fingers crossed.
Looks amazing. waiting for some true reviews on Penguin before I pull the trigger!!!
[quote]On Jan 27, 2016, ArtIn wrote:
Penguin did their very best to give a 30$ discount and free shipping world wide.
You will get a metal gimmick so 35$ is not fair (also for those who paid the full price).
Iam sure you can see enough reviews here shortly. It's all about the new gimmick anyways.
Reliable or not - that's the true question here. [/quote]

Oh. I thought I was joking. Perhaps I should have followed my thoughts with a little (wink, wink)
I had the privilege to play and experience the prototype with Marco Dra while it was under construction. without disclosing the method, I just want to point out that the level of work and commitment to this project is outstanding. the gimmick is solid, fast, invisible and reliable. the handling is simple and any magician with a bit of experience will be able to make the effects as described in the video trailer of Menny. it really is a metal-james-bond-gadget, and you will spend a lot of time doing this trick to yourself... as it happened to me. :)
magic regards!
marco basileo
[quote]On Jan 28, 2016, marcobasi wrote:
I had the privilege to play and experience the prototype with Marco Dra while it was under construction. without disclosing the method, I just want to point out that the level of work and commitment to this project is outstanding. the gimmick is solid, fast, invisible and reliable. the handling is simple and any magician with a bit of experience will be able to make the effects as described in the video trailer of Menny. it really is a metal-james-bond-gadget, and you will spend a lot of time doing this trick to yourself... as it happened to me. :)
magic regards!
marco basileo [/quote]

thanks. so your review and comment is on penguin but you didn't spend $80 on sealed 2.0?

when you buy it and play with it let us know.

John
Just got this in the mail. Don't have time to write a full review because I have to run to work but I will do my best to have one up soon.
Bottom line though. IT WORKS. There is much force behind this mechanism. I set it up and gave it a test run and the card shot out first try. Then I shot it again across the room then I shot it again with the cellophane on and it all works great. Luckily I have my gimmicks set up from the original sealed so that definitely cut down on setup time. But it still wouldn't take that long to set it up. This effect will take practice to get it to look beautiful of course. The gimmick works, looks nice and should last a lifetime with proper care. I was almost flinching before shooting it like a real gun lol. I almost didn't write this because I almost did not get the cellophane back on the box. It can be so frustrating. TIP- Place two cards in the cellophane. One on each side and bow them slightly outwards. Place the deck in the box minus a few cards and slide the deck in between the two cards. It works very well.

Overall. Sealed 2.0 is cool. But yall should go check out this trick I got for my girl called Immortal Hello Kitty. LOL. Its actually a pretty good trick and quite cute though. Back on topic though (:

Thanks. PEACE.
[quote]On Jan 27, 2016, John C wrote:
[quote]On Jan 27, 2016, ArtIn wrote:
Reliable or not - that's the true question here. [/quote]

Oh. I thought I was joking. Perhaps I should have followed my thoughts with a little (wink, wink) [/quote]

Everything is ok John! :)
Sorry, I guess iam still a little bit sad about the circumstance that I've ordered too early and missed the free shipping.
don't want to begrudge people if that offer really comes (penguin reacted fast last time!).
Its a great idea and the gimmick is sooooooooooooooo out of the box!
I set mine up tonight. Bottom line: this time it works. Have had no misfires.

The gimmick should last a very long time- its very well built.

While none of the moves are hard, it will still take a little practice in front of the mirror to get comfortable with everything.

I guess the only downside is given the added power with 2.0, the magic moment is a bit noisy. In this instance, its not too much of a concern because the card is penetrating through the cellophane- so the noise can actually sound like its doing just that.

Overall, they fixed everything wrong with version 1- and even offered a discount to users who bought v1... what more can you ask for?
Since this isn't something most people could make on their own. I feel like Menny could sell more if they showed the gimmick because it really is awesome. Kind of like how LYNX magic shows us how stuff works knowing we could probably not recreate it.
Thanks!
Man, I want to buy this. I wish someone would and tell us if it's worth the cash.

J
Hey John, I suggest to wait a little bit as noise have become a issue for a few.
I have a idea to reduce it but had not time to try it out yet.
I would wait... There is a very unhappy customer on Penguin that doesn't like it. (I won't mention Phantom fiasco)

I have been burnt way too many times and will never buy again until others weigh in.

So,
Please let us know what you think once you have time to use this.
Like I said above, I really like this. It does exactly what its supposed to and is reliable this time.

The negative review on Penguin (which was not very informative) sounded like he expected this to be self working just because it comes with a cool gimmick- that's not the case, you will need a little practice and there are a couple moves you have to do (none are difficult).

My only complaint was its a bit noisy- but I don't think that takes away from the effect and Marco was kind enough to send me some suggestions on reducing the sound which I plan to try out.
Let me first say I really like this trick. But my experience with the gimmick has been less than satisfying. I bought my first one from Penguin. It worked great about 5 times. Then a piece broke and it would jam every time I used it rendering it inoperable. I returned it for a replacement and Penguin sent it out very promptly. The 2nd one broke after two uses. Without giving anything away, a critical, small metal tab broke off. As I said, I really like the trick, but I perform professionally and am worried about it breaking during a performance -- not a reputation enhancing experience. Penguin has been great -- I returned the 2nd gimmick and asked for a credit and they promptly issued it. Again I'll say I love the premise of the trick, and I can see a lot of work went into designing the gimmick, so I don't want to sour anyone on it as others seem to like it and haven't shared my problems. But from my experience, the gimmick isn't yet quite ready for prime time.
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let oyu know that Sealed 2.0 will arrive to us in the next few days. We offer worldwide free shipping on this product. :)

Check it here: http://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/sealed-2-0-by-menny-lindenfeld

Best,
Martin
Just had a chance to open one of these and check it out -
First off, I believe this one will last a long time. Secondly, it truly works and feels like something you can use.

I will buy these ones back if they don't meet your expectation.

In stock and ready to ship
http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/sealed-2-0-by-menny-lindenfeld/

-Andrew
I really don't know how in thebhell this works so if my next question is stupid... Please forgive me lol...can this principle be applied to water bottles... For coin or cap in water bottle effects?? Again I'm sorry if its a stupid question
[quote]On May 8, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
I really don't know how in thebhell this works so if my next question is stupid... Please forgive me lol...can this principle be applied to water bottles... For coin or cap in water bottle effects?? Again I'm sorry if its a stupid question [/quote]

no