(Close Window)
Topic: Our Newest Tenyo Elite Item
Hi Folks,

Just a quick update to let everyone know that our next Tenyo Elite item is here. We will be making the announcement and taking orders in the next couple of weeks. If you follow me on facebook I may post a sneak peek.

Thanks again for everyone's continued support.

P.
Great News Peter! Thanks for sharing.
Any further news?
Hi magicChris, sorry I missed this, I'm not on the Café as much as I used to be. The new trick is complete, we are just finishing up our instructions with our Japanese translator. We will be taking orders very soon, thanks for your patience.

P.
Thank you Peter
Http://www.tenyoelite.com/products.php

I think this was a great choice for the next release. So natural to have this in wood, plus the organic nature of this new prop ramps the effect up in my opinion...making it seemingly more of a historical mystery verses something modern. Well done Tenyo Elite team!
Thanks Wiz!

The Café went down for maintence for a couple of days so unfortunately we were unable to announce the new product here when it was released.
We are very excited about the new elite match sticks! This was actually one of the tricks that Tenyo recently told us that they wanted to see done in an Elite form and we are thrilled with the out come!

P.
Hi Everyone.

Just a quick update to let everyone know that our Tenyo Elite Match Sticks have now shipped out!
Thanks to everyone who ordered!

P.
Great news, congrats on another release!

John
Whoohoo. This is awesome news and I am now going out to my mailbox, sleeping bag in hand...some chips, water, Magic and Genii magazines...my phone so I can keep checking up on the Café...I'm good.

Mailman or Mailwoman...I am so ready.
I have the Tenyo Elite Fortune Sticks and I love it, although spectator selection is important--someone who can recall and follow directions.

So I ordered the Match Sticks. From the demo, it looks very useful for an intimate gathering, several phases and reveals, and (apparently) not as dependent on a spectator's memory of directions. It looks like a lovely prop.

It is a small set, so I could not figure out why S&H is $25.00. Perhaps it is sent by overnight mail. I am setting the alarm for an early wake-up tomorrow morning, just in case!

George
Because it is shipping and HANDLING. For those who sell items and have to mail them out it takes time and money to pay for the packing material, box the item up, drive it to the post office and have it shipped priority with confirmation and insurance. Postal costs are ridiculous, so $25 is reasonable.

I'm really looking forward to this Elite item thank you Peter and Tenyo Elite
The $25.00 for shipping AND handling may indeed be reasonable, as you suggest. But then virtually every other small item that required handling before shipping that I have bought recently charged an unreasonably LOW fee. Who knew?

George
Received mine today. Very, very nice. So glad I ordered this.

Haven't done this in awhile, so I need to familiarize myself with the routine again, but the props are wonderful. A great choice for a wood recreation. Nice work TE team!
Received mine today. Fantastic effect in super high quality build. I love Tenyo Elite.
Is it just my set, or has anyone else noticed the design flaw on one of the Dark Sticks?
[quote]On May 26, 2016, cardician5 wrote:
Is it just my set, or has anyone else noticed the design flaw on one of the Dark Sticks? [/quote]

I have different quality issues with my set, but "design flaw" is not one of them.
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback thus far!

I'm so happy to hear some of you enjoying the set. I'm also sorry to hear about that have had an issue.

Cardician5 we made about 800 of those little individual match sticks by hand, plus a few extras and we are only human so If there is a flaw or defect with one of your sticks, please accept our apologies and we will happily send you a new one and rectify any issue you may have.

Same to you Simcoscor, if there is any kind of quality issue or defect, we will happily rectify the issue for you. I will have our lead builder Andrew send you guys a message tonight so can fix any issues you guys have encountered.

We are always here to help.

P.
I sent emails to Tenyo Elite's 'info' and 'sales' addresses this morning but have not received a response. I included pictures of the problem.

The issue with my set deserves a replacement. Please let me know when I can expect to receive it.

Thank you.
Thanks, I have sent an email + some pics to your company this morning, that's why I didn't go into detail in my response to cardician5. I am sure that you guys will handle this with care.

Simon
Email sent today about some issues as well :pout:
I do have some issues with mine that arrived 2 days ago. Will contact Tenyo Elite to get it rectified.
My set came in the mail delivered on Wednesday. The props, containers, and instructions all merit the "Elite" name in this line of Tenyo products.

In comparing it with my Fortune Sticks (my other Tenyo Elite mentalism kit), Match Sticks is indeed less dependent on the spectator recalling and following instructions. Like Fortune Sticks, Match Sticks has some performance constraints, but different constraints. For instance, with Fortune Sticks the performer needs to get close to the spectator and there has to be adequate overhead lighting. I have not yet performed Match Sticks, but it is apparent that this effect can have angle issues; no spectators could be at all behind, or nearly behind, the performer.

These are both worthy additions to one's closeup mentalism set. As with a number of effects, one goes with the ones in the given situation for which the conditions are conducive to performance.

Recommended.

George
I sent Peter a PM regarding my set.
Hello all:

I just wanted to chime in here and help Peter out. Just so that there is no misunderstanding, Peter is ONE of the THREE partners on the "Tenyo Elite" project....The two others are myself (Jason Palter), and Steve Brooks.....Actually our company that has the worldwide exclusive licence from Tenyo is called "JPS Magic Studios". It stands for "Jason Peter Steve" (yeah, it took us about 38.26 seconds to come up with that clever name. lol).

Peter has been so good about keeping up with this thread, and I wanted to make sure that he doesn't get all the blame (or the all the credit! LOL!) for any issues that a few of our customers may be having. So Peter, Steve and myself are all equal partners in Tenyo Elite, and run this company out of love for the Tenyo products, and an interest in releasing some really cool stuff for you guys! Please be sure to send any questions or thoughts to sales@tenyoelite.com

Our last 3 releases (Zig Zag Cigarette, Ultra Tube, and now Match-Sticks) were all made by hand out of wood. In the case of the Zig Zag Cig and Ultra Tube, there are no screws or nails---the tolerances are so fine and the entire thing is held together by glue and pressure!!

As Peter mentioned, because these are all made individually by hand, sometimes there may be some defects, and OF COURSE we will be sure to take care of that if there are any problems. But more to the point, something to keep in mind is that wood is a natural product, so there is bound to be some variances in colour and the grain. Some of this can be compensated for during our manufacturing process, but some of it simply cannot be changed and that is what makes wood WOOD, if you catch my drift.

Anyhow thank you for all of the feedback, we are so sorry that there were a few disappointed customers (we are working with them now to rectify the situations), and really appreciate all of your support and encouragement.

Thank you for your time,

Best regards,

Jason Palter
"The Tenyo Elite" team
Jason:

Thanks for filling us in. Best as I can tell, you three guys do a splendid job.

George
For a trick like Match Sticks, maybe wood was a poor choice of materials due to the variances. My suggestion was brass.
Are we talking about discrepancies in surface patterns here? Just wondering if this is the proverbial and cliché "Why run if you're not being chased" scenario? Will spectators even notice such subtleties without even knowing what to look for?
Ideally, we are managing the performance so that the spectators will not be looking for anything, NO heats on the props. While that is an ideal, we can often reach it by just performing as though it isn't about the props at all but about (say) mind-to-mind influence.

George
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, Richard Kaufman wrote:
For a trick like Match Sticks, maybe wood was a poor choice of materials due to the variances. My suggestion was brass. [/quote]

I have to agree...

My personal choice would have been anodized aluminium...

[quote]On Feb 13, 2012, simcoscor wrote:
I would like T-126 MATCH STICK Elite, made of the same material as Fortune sticks : aluminium, blue and red (with contrasting white numbers), even with black tips (just like FS), and also with its nice leather carrying pouch... Simple to produce for the Elite team, probably not to expensive ($100 retail?), would'nt look like a toy, and a great companion to Fortune sticks! What do you think? :) [/quote]
Has this issue with the wooden sticks been resolved by now? As in: when someone buys this item as of september 2016, can she or he be sure all wooden sticks are perfect for the performance of this effect?
I'm still waiting for a replacement match stick for my set.
It's going back a ways now, but I think we had about 6 people that had complaints with their sets out of the 50 units we sent out. We replaced the ones that had defects and refunded the other customers that we could not satisfy. I am unaware of any unresolved issues. So Jim if you were supposed to get a replacement set and didn't, please send a note to the company email address, and we will be more than happy to help you with the issue.

Killertweety, I believe we are sold out of these now.

P.
I just bought 1 from the site :) . It's not a return right? Can't wait to get, it looks cool :) .
I sent another email last week but I'll send another one with more detail. I just need one stick replaced, everything else looks great.
What was/is the issue with the sticks?
Hi Jim, I am told you sent an email back in June, and you offered to send us a picture of the defective stick, we replied and said that would be helpful, but we have yet to get a picture or further response from you. So if you can get back to us, we will be happy to get you a replacement.

That'sCool, sorry as I mentioned above we are sold out, So a refund will be issued. Sorry for any confusion.

Best wishes,
Peter
I am confused.

It said in stock and processed my order. 1 of the sticks and 1 of the second run Zig Zag and you refunded for both just today. Why on the Zig Zag?

I also emailed about second run for Ultra Tube which I missed the first time. Hope you got it :) . Thanks.
[quote]On Oct 12, 2016, that'sCool wrote:
I am confused.

It said in stock and processed my order. 1 of the sticks and 1 of the second run Zig Zag and you refunded for both just today. Why on the Zig Zag?

I also emailed about second run for Ultra Tube which I missed the first time. Hope you got it :) . Thanks. [/quote]

Tried to delete above after speaking with Jason but system wouldn't let me. He explained both items had 1 left and sold out. Darn. Good thing is it shows how great your items are :) .
Sorry, I've been out of town so couldn't reply as soon as I wanted to. I sent a picture, but I'll send another one tomorrow. Thanks for following up, I appreciate it.
I have the effect but need the instructions, it's called Fade Away Card same principle as the blue crystal. If anyone could help me out here I would appreciate it .

Thank you,
Jake Sr.
Any updates on the second run of [i]Ultra Tube[/i]? :) .
Any info?
Was there the same kinds of manufacturing issues with Ultra tube Elite than Match sticks?
Hi Robert,

With match sticks, we had some minor defects. A couple of units sent out had a wrong number engraved on a stick, which is bound to happen when you are making 800 sticks by hand. The other complaint we had on a couple of units was that a stick or two didn't match the others in the set quite as well. These sticks are made of wood, and obviously no one piece of wood are exactly the same (specifically in regards to grain lines). We thought we did a great job of grouping the sets so all the sticks would match very close, and close enough a spectator would never notice the difference. But a couple of sets had a stick that didn't quite match the others in the set, and we quickly replaced or rectified any customer issues we had with Match Sticks.

The Ultra tube does not use numbers or sticks so no there were no number defects or grain matching issues with Ultra tube, as neither of those applied. We did not have any complaints on our first run of Ultra tube that I can recall, except for one customer who didn't bother to read the instructions and tried to fit the die into the secret compartment from outside the tube, lol (sorry but that was funny). Obviously this was user error.

that'scool, we are aiming to start taking the orders for the second run of ultra tubes in early to mid January. They will be shipping soon after that.

Thanks,

P.
Thanks Peter!