(Close Window)
Topic: Pop
New one from ellusionist any good? https://youtu.be/I6d3GMcG02E
Looks pretty cool, I'll wait for some reviews tho before pulling the trigger
Http://www.ellusionist.com/pop-by-steve-rowe.html
We've all been fooled by E in the past tho...
Yep we certainly have,but think I might put this later in my check out as I also want element and warning,so I will give them the benefit of the doubt
Look like it may come from his sleeve
This is from Steve Rowe.
It will be awesome!!!
Hi kieron johnson here STEVE is a close friend of mine I've seen this developed over the last few years. It a great gimmick is super pratical if your at Blackpool come see it live it a working trick made by a worker no pipe dreams just pure Awsome Magic.

Kind regards

Kieron
[quote]On Feb 4, 2016, David Klass wrote:
This is from Steve Rowe.
It will be awesome!!! [/quote]

David it is Awsome
No it's not up the sleeve
Can be done sleeveless
Hey, Steve here - thank you for the post, here to answer any questions.

It is practical, it looks like it does in the trailer, no false promises, very workable.

I'm looking forward to hearing the response as I'm super proud of this work.
Wow Steve this is going to sell really well.

Wish I was going to Blackpool.

I hope Michael brings a ton of these back for Magicbox.
This is a worker.

Mike Donoghue
Hey Steve,

Have you ever had to justify the thickness of the card? I'm pretty sure I'm being overly cautious, but it is quite a different look than scratch-offs I've seen. I suppose I could frame it as a special giveaway or something...or I probably don't even need to bring it up. Just curious how people have reacted to the card. Thanks!

Adam
Looks pretty nice but if you have to use one scratcher per performance then it's going to be crazy expensive to perform and I agree it doesn't look like any scratchers I've seen here in LA. Promising though, love the look of the appearance.
Hi APC
what do you mean by thicker?
It's the same size as a playing card the depth slightly more.
The spectator handles a scratch card, scratches the panels - it if matches, you take it back and then pull the item off and hand it to them.
So the spectator has handled the card (in their eyes)
You can repeat that style with the mercury folded playing card as well, or there is an alternative handling.
there is no suspicion on the card and they get a chocolate.
I have been performing this a long time and not once has anyone ever asked to see the card afterwards, and if they ever did, there is a solution waiting. I used to worry myself in the early stages, but trust me, the card isn't perforated at the edges, it's slightly different size (in fact scratch cards world wide are all different sizes), round corners - but it seems in performing it as much as I have, none of that is ever questioned, why would it be. Magicians guilt playing part I think.
Remember they are mesmerized by the visual of it, the retention of vision is as you see in the trailer.

Slackering
You get enough panels to perform many times, in the explanation you can see you don't always have to use the scratch panels. Sometimes I go to a group and show the winning card, sometimes I say I won it, sometimes I say I found it - and then pull the chocolate off, so it's just a pure visual moment with no more routining. Sometimes I think it's nice to vary it up and its versatile enough to really go with different ideas.
Regardless, the scratch panel refills are not expensive.
[quote]On Feb 4, 2016, kieronthemighty wrote:
No it's not up the sleeve [/quote]

No, it's not ;)
Looks cool. How much are the refills?
Looks cool. But what is the gold rock??Is it a gold rock?
[quote]On Feb 4, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
Looks cool. But what is the gold rock??Is it a gold rock? [/quote]

No, it's a fererro rocher chocolate - they taste nicer than rocks
there are other chocolates similar which also work
also has option of mercury folded playing card
That's great definetly going to buy this at blackpool ,is Kieron selling element too,or is this restricted just too ellusionist
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks fabulous. It's on my list to buy.
This looks good. Saw a magician in late eighties, early nineties performing this type of production from a photos . In his case ring box and ring from a photo .

Could've been best of magic ? Not sure though.
DR
Steve's a worker, and this looks like a real worker to me.
The game card the specs scratch off turns out to be a winner and they get to keep the prize!
Can't imagine anyone arguing that the card isn't legit.
They get to experience a very visual magic moment and get a chocolate sweet to boot, what's not to like?

I placed my order.
Take my money now!! Love it!
[quote]On Feb 4, 2016, videoman wrote:
Steve's a worker, and this looks like a real worker to me.
The game card the specs scratch off turns out to be a winner and they get to keep the prize!
Can't imagine anyone arguing that the card isn't legit.
They get to experience a very visual magic moment and get a chocolate sweet to boot, what's not to like?

I placed my order. [/quote]

Thank you! for your kinds words and faith, you will love it! ;)
Awesome work! Looking forward to picking this up!

This is so visual!

Jordan
You are spoiling us Mr Ambassador!!
You are spoiling us Mr Ambassador!! [/quote]

lol

Thank you so much everyone, it's something I've been working on a while. If you would like a set you can go to the ellusionist website, very very good value for what you get, just around 20 at 29.95

You get the gimmick, lots of other cards, the scratch panels and the options of chocolate/red mercury/blue/mercury all in the pack.
Once you set the gimmick up (2 minutes) you are ready to go but if you decide to change the item on the reveal, say for another presentation, you can do that very easily too.

We are going to, in future, have an upgrade pack where you can order different items and we will listen to you all as to the items you would like to have. I have played with keys, coins, bills/notes, 8 ball, sponge ball, gum - literally anything up to around 2 inches looks great.

This is an exciting piece and I'm sure will develope further.
The folded playing card is incredible ! Can this be the Signed Card ?
[quote]On Feb 5, 2016, tophatter wrote:
The folded playing card is incredible ! Can this be the Signed Card ? [/quote]

Thank you!

The is a common plot with a lovely visual twist, where a card is selected, signed, the deck placed back in the box.
You take the scratch card from your wallet already scratch and say you won this earlier / or give to spectator to scratch off and reveal the folded card.
You take that folded card off the scratch card / or shake it to drop off, and it is their signed card.

All moves and handling is taught.
The 80's magician was Joe Givan

Mike Donoghue
[quote]On Feb 5, 2016, stookie31 wrote:
You are spoiling us Mr Ambassador!! [/quote]

lol

Thank you so much everyone, it's something I've been working on a while. If you would like a set you can go to the ellusionist website, very very good value for what you get, just around 20 at 29.95

You get the gimmick, lots of other cards, the scratch panels and the options of chocolate/red mercury/blue/mercury all in the pack.
Once you set the gimmick up (2 minutes) you are ready to go but if you decide to change the item on the reveal, say for another presentation, you can do that very easily too.

We are going to, in future, have an upgrade pack where you can order different items and we will listen to you all as to the items you would like to have. I have played with keys, coins, bills/notes, 8 ball, sponge ball, gum - literally anything up to around 2 inches looks great.

This is an exciting piece and I'm sure will develope further. [/quote]

It's all organic but I would be interested in the gum or key.

I'll look out for more reviews before I jump off the fence but this could possibly be exactly what Im looking for to add to my set.
[quote]

It's all organic but I would be interested in the gum or key.

I'll look out for more reviews before I jump off the fence but this could possibly be exactly what Im looking for to add to my set. [/quote]

Totally understandable and I'm confident you will order if it's reviews you are waiting for.
There is nothing about this that is a negative.

I know I would say that, just confident. ;)
The folded card Signed ! You have so much time to do the MF while they are scratching the ticket I really like this !
The folded card Signed ! You have so much time to do the MF while they are scratching the ticket I really like this ! [/quote]

Although I do like the chocolate candy presentation I was thinking that if you did the MF version this could be used as a nice follow up or callback to an earlier MF routine like Toibox or Mystery Box.
[quote]On Feb 6, 2016, videoman wrote:
The folded card Signed ! You have so much time to do the MF while they are scratching the ticket I really like this ! [/quote]

Although I do like the chocolate candy presentation I was thinking that if you did the MF version this could be used as a nice follow up or callback to an earlier MF routine like Toibox or Mystery Box. [/quote]

I realise the chocolate presentation isn't for everyone and in fact, even once you set the gimmick up for this, you can change it easily to the mercury fold version, then change it back etc. I'm hoping in future we can offer additional gimmicks as well as different item stickers and scratch panels.
That way people can have 2/3/4 different presentations ready to go.
To be honest, with the price and what you get, it's worth two anyway, you will get a lot of mileage out of this.

The MF card routine I show is quite punchy, simple, direct and visual.
Anybody have this yet and would like to give some reviews? Looks great.
I would love to hear thoughts
It is not something I would use personally, as it just not my style, but I do think it's a good trick and a solid method/gimmick. I see this as being a very popular trick for walk-around performers, table hoppers, etc.
Do you have this Witchdoc? Is it made good?
This is the kind of magic that I love to watch and more importantly use. Steve Rowe is a cool cat who is a worker so you know when he's creating something he's creating it to use it out in the 'real world' in the trenches.

With Valentine's Day coming up I can see this one being popular with the table hoppers looking to theme their magic.
Whoops! Helps if I don't copy my post into the wrong box, doesn't it?

I do have this one. It is made quite well, and I think it will stand up to a lot of use. They could have skimped easily (And I've seen gimmicks that have, they look awful). This looks exactly like what you see in the trailer.
[quote]On Feb 9, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
Whoops! Helps if I don't copy my post into the wrong box, doesn't it?

I do have this one. It is made quite well, and I think it will stand up to a lot of use. They could have skimped easily (And I've seen gimmicks that have, they look awful). This looks exactly like what you see in the trailer. [/quote]

Thank you for your honest feedback, exactly what people want to hear.
Ok, love the effect and have 3 questions:

1. With the mercury card fold, is it fixed to Bicycle deck back or can it be Phoenix deck back?
2. Are you selling trick and the refills from your own site in the UK? As I have had experience dealing with Illusionist and import duties to UK and postage and it is not very pretty!
3. Which stand are you on at Blackpool?
[quote]On Feb 9, 2016, TazBo wrote:
Ok, love the effect and have 3 questions:

1. With the mercury card fold, is it fixed to Bicycle deck back or can it be Phoenix deck back?
2. Are you selling trick and the refills from your own site in the UK? As I have had experience dealing with Illusionist and import duties to UK and postage and it is not very pretty!
3. Which stand are you on at Blackpool? [/quote]

Hey TazBo
currently the mercury card fold is red/blue rider back, we are going to offer upgrade packs in future, the 10 most popular request items and different card backs could be a good option so thank you for the suggestion

I won't be selling this myself, it is only available through ellusionist site, perhaps contact directly with your concerns.

And I do indeed have my own stand this year at blackpool I am 'thegimmicking' up on the balcony, Kieron Leferver (Johnson) with be on the stand with me demming some great new products.
I will also be demming POP and am confident once you see it live, it's a no-brainer purchase.

Come say hi please. ;)
Cheers Steve, would love to check it out. I will POP and see you on your stand. ;-)

Regards

Charlie
Another one to have a good look at, great idea for a chocolate give away for the lady's.
Picking this up when I get back from my trip. Cant wait. I would order now but cant stand to think of this sitting around in my mail box.
Got mine yesterday and watched the video last night.
Kudos to Steve for developing it and releasing it to the magic community.
Quite a bit is included to perform the effect in differnt ways.
I really like it and am happy I bought it, it's everything I was expecting it to be.
Yes, if you perform it a lot you will need to buy refills of the scratcher stickers, but everything else can be reused and should last a long time.
Of course you will need fresh supplies of candies as well if you use that presetation.

My only negative is that my particular gimmick is not lined up quite right. It's not way off but enough to bug me. However, this does not affect the working at all.
Would a spectator notice? Probably not.
If I had made it myself, would I make it over again? Absolutely, but admittedly I am a bit of a perfectionist.

But I love the effect and the method and the idea of using a scratcher card. I even love Steve's candy marker pen idea.
So all in all I'd give it 9 out of 10. Took off 1 point for whoever rushed the cosntruction of mine, although that could be just a fluke.
Am I the only one here thinks the prop looks a little cheesy? The magic looks GREAT though.
[quote]On Feb 9, 2016, videoman wrote:
Got mine yesterday and watched the video last night.
Kudos to Steve for developing it and releasing it to the magic community.
Quite a bit is included to perform the effect in differnt ways.
I really like it and am happy I bought it, it's everything I was expecting it to be.
Yes, if you perform it a lot you will need to buy refills of the scratcher stickers, but everything else can be reused and should last a long time.
Of course you will need fresh supplies of candies as well if you use that presetation.

My only negative is that my particular gimmick is not lined up quite right. It's not way off but enough to bug me. However, this does not affect the working at all.
Would a spectator notice? Probably not.
If I had made it myself, would I make it over again? Absolutely, but admittedly I am a bit of a perfectionist.

But I love the effect and the method and the idea of using a scratcher card. I even love Steve's candy marker pen idea.
So all in all I'd give it 9 out of 10. Took off 1 point for whoever rushed the cosntruction of mine, although that could be just a fluke. [/quote]

Fantastic! Thank you for posting, really pleased you like it and are pleased with the effect.
If there is a slight miss-alignment, once you complete the gimmick with the stickers it will correct it.
Please feel free to message me if you want any more info.
[quote]On Feb 9, 2016, C. Dunlop Magic wrote:
Am I the only one here thinks the prop looks a little cheesy? The magic looks GREAT though. [/quote]

Can't speak for anyone else but holding it my hand and looking closely at it, it doesn't look cheesy at all to me.
In fact, the graphic design and printing quality are great IMO and extremely well done.
Having said that, I could certainly understand that the design as well as the effect could appear cheesy to some and not be your cup of tea.
But that's true for virtually everything.

It's the same size as a poker sized playing card and thus a different size from any scratcher I've ever seen here in the states, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
One more question for Blackpool:
Will you have refills available to buy as well as the trick itself?
Your stand will be my first port of call. :-)
[quote]On Feb 10, 2016, TazBo wrote:
One more question for Blackpool:
Will you have refills available to buy as well as the trick itself?
Your stand will be my first port of call. :-) [/quote]

I am waiting to hear back about the refils, and if ill have it for sale at blackpool.
i'll certainly be able to dem it.
Just been confirmed I will have POP on my stand at Blackpool, so come say hi, see my other products as well.
Pop is a flavor of my magic so if you like it, I'm sure there will be more that will suit your style too.
[quote]On Feb 12, 2016, stookie31 wrote:
Just been confirmed I will have POP on my stand at Blackpool, so come say hi, see my other products as well.
Pop is a flavor of my magic so if you like it, I'm sure there will be more that will suit your style too. [/quote]

Great, you will be my first port of call on Friday morning. :-)
Gotn the 8 ball & ferrero today & really pleased with this.

Will use this tommorow evening when I work at London with fellow magician Paul Lytton.

Going to watch his eyes POP out of his head when I do it on him as he wont be expecting it.
Just going to say "Oh iv'e left this card in" Then I will pluck the object from the card & hand it to him & watch his face as he won't be expecting it.

Excellent product Steve.

Mike Donoghue
Superb Mike, please let me know how it goes.

The 8 ball you have is the old playing card version, not the POP scratch cards, would love to hear how it goes.

I would think we will product 8 ball version of POP in future.
Am sure it will go great & am hoping the lads at Magicbox will bring some scratch card versions of it back from Blackpool as it adds an extra layer.

Very happy with this.

It's so good I even like doing it on myself ha

Mike Donoghue
[quote]On Feb 15, 2016, mike donoghue wrote:
It's so good I even like doing it on myself ha

Mike Donoghue [/quote]

Lol.... presuming we are talking about POP - I am the same, I do it over and over it's very visual.
It's just satisfying knowing your audience will experience it too,
Received this last week and I'm really pleased with it. Haven't quite got the handling down but it's a simple sleight and shouldn't take long. The gimmicks all look good. My only minor quibbles are that I wish there were more prize options including maybe more accessible candy and different unique options. Also, there weren't many scratcher stickers so it can only be performed a limited amount of times before they'll need to be replaced. All in all, very good purchase at a very reasonable price. It's great fun just to do for yourself.
Steve, you ever have any problems with the FR chocolate candy melting in your pocket?
[quote]On Feb 16, 2016, videoman wrote:
Steve, you ever have any problems with the FR chocolate candy melting in your pocket? [/quote]

No never, I keep 6 in my outside jacket pocket and then put in my trouser pocket when ready to perform.
[quote]On Feb 16, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
Received this last week and I'm really pleased with it. Haven't quite got the handling down but it's a simple sleight and shouldn't take long. The gimmicks all look good. My only minor quibbles are that I wish there were more prize options including maybe more accessible candy and different unique options. Also, there weren't many scratcher stickers so it can only be performed a limited amount of times before they'll need to be replaced. All in all, very good purchase at a very reasonable price. It's great fun just to do for yourself. [/quote]

Thank you first for purchasing the effect and also for the honest review.

The ideas are endless with object we can use, we decided to launch using one type of choc and the mercury card as it really opens up some great routines.
We are going to be taking a poll from people of the type of item they would like, we will then offer additional sticker packs to you can use those with your gimmick.
Ideas so far are coins, keys, sponge ball, 8 ball, folded money
Other candy is a great option and we have to think about what is available to everyones local stores.

Regarding the replacement scratch stickers, they can be found online or ellusionist are offering a replacement pack, which is the whle product again, for a cheaper rate if you already bought one.

Also, in routining, you don't always need scratch panels, the mercury card routine, I don't use them and sometimes, even the choc I don't either.
You still get that visual moment which is the POW! FACTOR of this piece if magic.

For the price, I think you will agree it is great value for what you get in the pack.
Your 8 ball production leads me to into the routine Obliter8 by Wayne Fox. Just an idea I may try out if I manage to get one of these 8 ball pop cards. :-)
I think I might have spoken too soon. In practicing the illusion I couldn't understand why it didn't look as smooth as in the training videos and then I realized that my s*****r colors for the gimmick aren't even remotely close to the printed scratch cards which are clearly grayish blue background with reddish pink swirl detail. The s*****rs are almost reddish background with dull red swirl detail. It completely makes the change jarring because not only the object changes but so does the background. Not that it won't work but it looks much cleaner in the videos. I'll try it on actual people the next few days and see how it plays. Maybe it's just my set but I'm kind of disappointed now that I've realized the discrepancy.
[quote]On Feb 16, 2016, TazBo wrote:
Your 8 ball production leads me to into the routine Obliter8 by Wayne Fox. Just an idea I may try out if I manage to get one of these 8 ball pop cards. :-) [/quote]

Just an added note:
You could explain that you can pull an 8 ball out from an image and expand it to full size. Hand this out for examination then when you get it back, say that sometimes the 8 ball gets suck between flat and fully expanded and then show them how you can squash it half way and hand that out for examination. I'm sure it will blow their minds. :-)
[quote]On Feb 16, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
I think I might have spoken too soon. In practicing the illusion I couldn't understand why it didn't look as smooth as in the training videos and then I realized that my s*****r colors for the gimmick aren't even remotely close to the printed scratch cards which are clearly grayish blue background with reddish pink swirl detail. The s*****rs are almost reddish background with dull red swirl detail. It completely makes the change jarring because not only the object changes but so does the background. Not that it won't work but it looks much cleaner in the videos. I'll try it on actual people the next few days and see how it plays. Maybe it's just my set but I'm kind of disappointed now that I've realized the discrepancy. [/quote]

The slight discrepency is down to the vinyl we use so they are durable and re-useable.
The audience will not see it at all....but of course test and find out for yourself and let me know how it goes.
I used this during a 3 hour period last night.

It's not the scratch card version that I have(but will be getting it).

The routine I did was very basic but it worked & worked well.

I shuffled the cards then I spread them & said I was looking for something.This shows it's just a deck of cards. Then with one hand I set the gimmick & transfered the cards over to my right hand & turned it to show the 8 Ball & said "Oh there it is. Do you know what that is"?

Then I produced the 8 ball from the card & said " can you hold this for me as I can't use the cards with this stuck in them"
The reactions & look on their faces was priceless.

Been producing Billiard balls for years now by various methods & I really like this.

I had thought about vanishing it & slapping it back into the deck( as you get an extra card with a sticker on which unables you to do this but really there is no need.

Very good Steve.

You are on my radar for anything you release.

This is excellent.

Mike Donoghue
POP was finally demod live at Blackpool by myself and I have to say the reactions were brilliant.
Everyone that saw it performed, bought one.

Thank you all and feel free to post here what you think of the effect and the reactions you get from your audience.
I'm a big fan of Steve's work and reserved a copy of POP for delivery after Blackpool as I was unable to make it this year.

Well I just got back from a gig and POP is outstanding! It's always difficult to add something new to your set as if you're like me you default to what you've performed time and time again, but this is soooo easy to perform that it was a no brainer to try out!

In summary:
- Gimmick is great and comes with some customisation options (I've used the chocolate only and prob won't change now to be honest - the women love it!)
- The teaching is great (I must say I've not watched everything yet but the handing is pretty much effortless that I didn't feel I needed to - I am going to revisit it though as I know Steve has added a few good bonuses besides the main effect)
- Skill level is beginner ( The switch is the easiest thing ever and you could be so blatent with no-one batting an eye lid and if you can put your hand on a card and pull it away you can do the production)
- Payoff is incredible, they have no idea what's going on, what your gonna do and no one asks for the card after.

POP is a brilliant piece of TV magic for the working magician or hobbyist which is easy to do, super visual and excellent value for money. Did I mention you can reuse the scratched cards...again no one asks to keep these, why would they?

If you don't have this, you need it! 10/10
Kevg - thank you so much for taking the time to post this review.

knowing that someone who works in the professional performing world not only invests in my magic but also goes out and uses it and then, to report back such positive praise really makes my day!

So pleased you are liking this, I think a lot of people may suspect this is not workable as it look so good on camera.
What effects out there work equally as well to camera as the real world....not many.

Thanks again!
Not only does it look great in the real world, it's one of those effects where you almost feel guilty with the reactions it gets.
You could do the most incredible sleight of hand in the world, but what they'll remember is the amazing chocolate.
But that's fine with me. If they're happy, I'm happy! :thumbsup:

Oh, and there's some very nice bonus stuff you get with it too.
Ha that's very true.

A lot of my magic there is hardly any technical work as I like to rely on character and performance.
The visual on this is enough to have them gobsmacked.

and ye not many know about the bonus effects but there's a sweet marker pen and a card corner to impossible location along with a mercury fold move which I'm told is an original adaptation so I'm pleased it's been documented on POP.

So it's 3 great workable effects + gimmicks, not bad for under $30 ;)
Hey steve. Where can I buy refills? Thanks man
It's a nice piece of super visual magic which is easy to perform (you will still need to practice), has a great reset (you don't have to use the scratch cards) and has a real TV magic moment. The card to impossible location which is also on the instructions is great. The filming is good, the instructions clear and it has a menu :) Yay!
Thank you RedHatMagic - realy pleased you like the effect and see it's potential.
Made my day. :)
I just worked this yesterday at 2 events. I'm a full time performer and I reckon it's a great little effect. As redhatmagic above said, you don't need to use the scratch cards at all, in fact I reckon they are unecessary and time consuming, however I suppose specs may enjoy it. I just used the gimmick on adults and some kids and it really is super visual when you get the timing right, which is not difficult..
My advice to Steve would be to sell the gimmick on its own, pre-made. I hate craft work and although it's not a big deal, you do get only once chance to get it right with each option I.e. the chocolate and the folded cards. I would also recommend other options which I believe he has already considered, such as a sponge ball. My spongies are in my bottom draw but I would be tempted to get them out and dust them off, if I could produce them with a pop gimmick, and then go onto a sponge ball routine. I reckon Steve Rowe just may retire early on the proceedsof that one!
[quote]On Mar 20, 2016, Khuluma wrote:
I just worked this yesterday at 2 events. I'm a full time performer and I reckon it's a great little effect. As redhatmagic above said, you don't need to use the scratch cards at all, in fact I reckon they are unecessary and time consuming, however I suppose specs may enjoy it. I just used the gimmick on adults and some kids and it really is super visual when you get the timing right, which is not difficult..
My advice to Steve would be to sell the gimmick on its own, pre-made. I hate craft work and although it's not a big deal, you do get only once chance to get it right with each option I.e. the chocolate and the folded cards. I would also recommend other options which I believe he has already considered, such as a sponge ball. My spongies are in my bottom draw but I would be tempted to get them out and dust them off, if I could produce them with a pop gimmick, and then go onto a sponge ball routine. I reckon Steve Rowe just may retire early on the proceedsof that one! [/quote]

superb to hear youy enjoying the effect and as you say, I am also performing often by just showing the card now and getting that visual hit.
the stickers should be able to remove carefully to replace which is why we made them vinyl.

Also, sponge ball is on the list, just awaiting production of a number of different options.
and good point about the gimmick I will speak with the team.
thank you again, really good to hear.
S
I'm a big fan of Steve's work because you know its all been tried and tested in the real world. This is no different. I tried this at a gig at the weekend and just showed the card without doing the scratch panel bit. The responses were amazing and it really caught them off guard. Another winner in my opinion.
I've been mainly doing this without the scratch stickers also. They're nice for certain situations but add a bit of semi-dead time which I often don't really care for. Plus, the specs don't usually scratch off enough so I have to quickly finish it. I've been trying to decide how much has to be removed and how closely it should match.

Another thought I've had is to just let them leave some on the card and then produce the chocolate with a couple of small pieces of something resembling the scratcher material stuck loosely on the wrapper so it looks like ithe object in the picture really became 3 dimensional suddenly. I could then quickly flick those away and hand out the sweet.
Haven't tried it yet though, but maybe I'll get around to it one of these days.
Where can we learn the one described above where we pull it off a playing card?
[quote]On Mar 22, 2016, jackaboy wrote:
Where can we learn the one described above where we pull it off a playing card? [/quote]

hey jackaboy here, but I don't do the fererro rocher ones anymore
http://www.thegimmicking.com/product/pop-cards/
Looks good but you can see a fine line going across the playing cards. If I can see it in the video how bad does it show up live ?
[quote]On Mar 23, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
Looks good but you can see a fine line going across the playing cards. If I can see it in the video how bad does it show up live ? [/quote]

when presenting to the audience, if you can see the line they cannot. As long as you are mindful of that, it's never seen.
All the time I've been using this system to produce items, no audience has ever reacted anything but joy and amazement.
The playing card version is better live than in video for that reason.
Sweet. Thanks.
Hi Guys,

If anyone interested to purchase this from the EU we have a few in stock :) http://www.mystiquefactory.com/collections/ellusionist/products/pop-by-steve-rowe

Btw I love this effect it really make great reactions :)
Is there an advantage of this over Photoshoot by Sans mind....looks similar but photoshoot had more applications..
Hi Steve,
Co grays on brining out Appear8 and look forward to getting that at Blackpool. I have bought quite a few Pop's and enjoy performing it. However, I gather you not doing it anymore? Is this true and if so, why? I might have to buy a few to keep in stock if that is the case! Just the ferrero Roche flippers being sold on their own would be good?
[quote]On Feb 11, 2017, Khuluma wrote:
Hi Steve,
Co grays on brining out Appear8 and look forward to getting that at Blackpool. I have bought quite a few Pop's and enjoy performing it. However, I gather you not doing it anymore? Is this true and if so, why? I might have to buy a few to keep in stock if that is the case! Just the ferrero Roche flippers being sold on their own would be good? [/quote]

Hey, thank you!

I still produce lolly pop and colour change cards but not 8 ball or fererro rocher on playing cards as each of those ideas is developed further to the releases 'POP' and 'Appear-8'
Sorry..flippin auto-correct..congrats rather than Co krays! Thanks for your response Steve, but the question was related to Pop. Is that still being made as its not on your site, although I have bought a few from Propdog?
[quote]On Feb 12, 2017, Khuluma wrote:
Sorry..flippin auto-correct..congrats rather than Co krays! Thanks for your response Steve, but the question was related to Pop. Is that still being made as its not on your site, although I have bought a few from Propdog? [/quote]

ok, sorry, miss understood.

Pop is still available have you tried direct from ellusionist?
I just buy from Propdog Steve, but they carry the Ellusionist range anyway. Thanks