(Close Window)
Topic: Tom Mullica in Hospital
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but just saw this on Facebook, posted by Richard Kaufman...

"Just got off the phone with Steve Mullica, Tom's husband. Here's the story. Tom went into the hospital for a minor hernia operation which apparently was botched. Blood clots formed and he had multiple strokes, organ failure, and he's now in the hospital in an induced coma. It doesn't look like he will be coming home. Please send good thoughts his way."
I hope he recovers! He is a great guy. Good thoughts sent
Very sorry to hear this. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend some time with him on a couple of occasions, just a super person to be around. I don't even know what to say.

Robert
Horrible news... prayers are with him and his family.
Man, that is sad news.
Played pool with Tom a couple times when he owned a pool hall in Vegas, also saw him lecture a few times.
I regret never having had an opportunity to him at the Tomfoolery.
Truly a great magician and an even better person.
Hope he fools everyone again and makes a complete recovery.
Bill
Hope he recovers.

He is a true great of magic & has been through so much already.

Mike Donoghue
My Good thoughts for Tom. He's one of the Best Comedy Magicians I've ever seen.
One of my first Video teaching Cassettes was Tom Mullica's.

I really Hope, Tom will be recovering fast.
Wow, that is terrible news. He was the funniest magician I have ever witnessed live. When he walked in the room he just radiated 'funny'. I really hope he gets through this OK.
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled.

Thoughts are with his loved ones right now.

Lots of love my magical brother.
Tom's cigarette eating routine has to be one of the most original and iconic routines anyone has ever dreampt up Have never watched the explanation on his DVD set, because it's just too good to reduce to a method. And it seems to fit his personality to a T. This now is horrible news. Best wishes for a speedy and lasting recovery.
I just saw him on Burn Unit talking about how he was beating cancer. This is too bad. Great guy, great magician.
This is sad news. Pray and hope Tom makes it through.

:xmas:
I used to go to the foolery a couple times a month. I lived about 3 hours away and learned more about performing from Tom than any trick or video. Tom was simply the best bar magician on the planet. Wish you well

Steve
This is sad news indeed. I remember seeing Tom perform and lecture back in the early 90's at NYC's Mostly Magic restaurant. It was the greatest lecture I've ever attended. Tom made me laugh so hard, for those few moments I felt like a kid again. Here's to wishing him a speedy recovery!

Roberto
This is terrible.

I wish him the best and hope he wakes up and makes a fully recovery.

-Alex
I spoke with him last year at the Nemcon convention in Connecticut about his Mullica wallet . I just performed a gig & told him how excited I was about using his wallet at the gig . He was demonstrating his new wallet . I got a photo with him he is a a very humble guy & was very nice to me & my fiancÚ . I wish him a very speedy recovery !
Very sad news. Just watched him on letterman again. My thoughts go out to his family and his husband.
Many well wishes, along with thoughts and prayers. He's one of my favorite performers. Wish you well Tom!
I remember well watching Tom at a Midnight Madness event during a World Magic Summit back in Washington DC. Laughed so hard it hurt the next day.
So sad to hear this. I consider him to be one of the funniest people alive! My prayers are with him!
Sending good thoughts for a recovery. That's rough news.
I read on Facebook that Tom was taken off life support today and has passed on. :(
@Tony: several sources have now confirmed his passing.

So sad!
That is sad. What a shame! :(
Im very sad for this great artist
Kenton Knepper says he is still with us. Posted 20 minutes ago via Facebook.
If he has passed, I pray he rests peacefully. Truly sad.
If he has really gone to another place then the world has suffered a terrible loss if he is still with us I do hope he pulls through
Danny Archer just posted on Facebook that tom has passed, so sad.
R.I.P. Tom your a legend. The magic community has lost a true star and friend.God bless Tom.

Graham
A true talent in so many respects. Laughed so hard I missed half his act sometimes. Will be sorely missed.
Goodbye tom. Thank you for the memories and magic...
We truly lost a great one.

Steve
I saw him lecture in Fresno, of all places. He was frickin' hilarious.
Living in Atlanta, I met Tom in Harris Magic around 1970 before the Tomfoolery was opened. He was just a friendly, regular guy and buddy of Duke Stern who worked in the shop at that time. After the magic bar opened, I had the great pleasure of watching him perform on several occasions. His act was incredible and so entertaining. He was so gifted at so much close-up magic and ventriloquism. He was so funny I often had tears in my eyes. Between shows, he was very gracious to me, a mere neophyte magic hobbyist. We have lost a truly great one. May he rest in peace.
One of the best I've ever seen. A true giant of magic.
RIP
A naturally funny, talented magician...RIP Tom
RIP Tom :(
Rest in Peace Mr. Mullica
RIP Tom Mullica.

One of the funniest & best entertainers the world has ever know.

Truly a great & legend.

Mike Donoghue
I'm glad he was able to effectively go on a farewell tour of the big conventions last year, and that he recorded a terrific lecture full of stories at Penguin. ( http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5801 )

He had his gravestone pre-installed in Colon, so he was already on the cemetery tour in absentia.

We'll quietly visit him at the Get-Together.
I made sure that my young son got to meet Tom at the recent Penguin lecture. Tom instantly became my son's hero -- I knew that he would.
A great performer! RIP
May he R.I.P.. (Very sad)
RIP Tom Mullica...
So sorry to hear this. A true artist. The Mullica Wallet is one of the top genius level ideas in magic history.

R. I. P.
Tom was, in my opinion, one of the greatest talents ever in the world of Magic, and was a friend. I am fortunate to have been able to spend time with him last August in Colon.

R.I.P. Tom Mullica..........you will be greatly missed.
I saw him at the Tom-Foolery around 1983. Amazing. I have seen him since at a few conventions. A real performer. R.I.P., Tom.
RIP Old Friend.
Tommy Goodwin
I just found this out. A bit of my heart and my soul is gone. He was a / the major magic influences in my life. I will forever be beholding to him. I'm sure many here can relate. Such a showman. Rest in peace Tom and say hi to Duke for me. Your mark in Magic will live on. I'll treasure the many, many times I watched him at the "Foolery".
He's one of those amazing talents who will be missed.

R.I.P. Tom