(Close Window)
Topic: Black Market by Gary Jones
I trust anything from Full52 but it would be great to see a demo for this!

http://www.full52.com/black-market/

best,
Bought it at Blackpool, good trick, a torn index corner of a playing card appears stapled to your business card after a bit of messing about with flash paper. The flash paper is attached to the business card first, then when its set on fire the index of the torn card suddenly appears instead
I should've figured you purchased it, Karl.

haha.
Bought loads of stuff mate, spent about 2500 on the weekend including hotel, food, tricks and everything. This trick is worth it to get if you want to handout business cards.
Most things by Gary Jones are good workers. Id wait for a demo like yourself though.
This is really very good. There is now a demo to see the main routine.

It won't fool many magicians, but you'll be impressed by the creativity involved, the routining and the final impossible object you hand out with your business contacts.

The bonus routines, including one with just business cards and no playing cards, are just as good using the same techniques in a simpler form.

A definite winner.
[quote]On Feb 22, 2016, brandon90 wrote:
I should've figured you purchased it, Karl.

haha. [/quote]
There is a full performance on the site, I love the look of it.
Here's the demo

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnG6jA8J2ro&sns=em]Click here[/url]
[quote]On Mar 16, 2016, Magic Chris wrote:
Here's the demo

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnG6jA8J2ro&sns=em]Click here[/url] [/quote]

Very obvious as to whats going on here...

Anyone with a deck of cards and flash paper can perform this effect.

No DVD needed
I like this routine. perhaps it would look a bit cleaner, to take out the chosen card and while
you hold it, let them sign the card.

otherwise a lovely idea

Thumbs up :)
[quote]On Mar 16, 2016, brandon90 wrote:
Here's the demo

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnG6jA8J2ro&sns=em]Click here[/url] [/quote]

No DVD needed [/quote]

If I see a Trick that I like and will perform, I will pay for it (regardless of whether I know how it works or not)

I think that's fairplay to all Creators.

:spinningcoin:
Here's the demo

No DVD needed [/quote]

Thank you, glad you can use it, bet you wished you'd thought of it :-)

There are also some other crackers on the disc which are totally different, they're a little 'off the wall' and don't use playing cards, and are great to carry in your purse or wallet!

Anyway, thank you for your comment, and enjoy your free trick :-)
[quote]On Mar 16, 2016, rasmus wrote:
Here's the demo

No DVD needed [/quote]

If I see a Trick that I like and will perform, I will pay for it (regardless of whether I know how it works or not)

I think that's fairplay to all Creators.

:spinningcoin: [/quote]

Thank you sir, that is very respectful of you! Creators still have to create, even though the method may look obvious to those in the know, but trust me....they lay audience haven't a clue. So thank you once again.

As for how I handle the selection on the demo, this is just one way on the disc, others are also explained...there is one where the card keeps jumping to my pocket, and when I bring it out the final time.......well I think you know the rest lol!

Regards, Gary Jones.
I also watched the trailer & knew what was happening.

I spoke to Gary a few weeks ago about this effect.

Will I be buying this dvd ? YES OFCOURSE I WILL.

Why you might ask if I know how it's done?

Well it's Gary & everything he releases is chock full(is that a real word?)of real world information which can be used to elicit fantastic responses from the people you are entertaining.
A word of advise " IF Gary Jones releases his material BUY IT ! It's that simple. He knows what works & what doesn't.

Mike Donoghue ps. You can guess I am a G. J. fan
Do they have a full demo?
The future of magic. Watch an honest demo, people use it without buying. No wonder there are loads of trailers that are ambiguous....and then people moan about that too.
Well said Chris, totally agree with you

Mike Donoghue
[quote]On Mar 17, 2016, chriscongreave wrote:
The future of magic. Watch an honest demo, people use it without buying. No wonder there are loads of trailers that are ambiguous....and then people moan about that too. [/quote]

You can't expect people not to use it....
The future of magic. Watch an honest demo, people use it without buying. No wonder there are loads of trailers that are ambiguous....and then people moan about that too. [/quote]

Too true Chris!

You're ***ed if you do, ***ed if you don't....but at the end of the day it's only a trick :bwink:

Gary.
You post a demo with cuts and I complain... You post a demo without cuts and I steal it... What am I?

Answer: A double standard thieving git!
[quote]On Mar 17, 2016, brandon90 wrote:

You can't expect people not to use it.... [/quote]

Yes, that is true, but you would think some people would be a little more discreet about it ;) But hey, fill your boots and take it.....as I said, it's just a little trick, but one that will be talked about for a very long time...well it works for me :-)

PS. If this was done by a "Street Magician", and not some old bloke, and used a cut up heavily edited trailer it would sell like hot cakes, where did I put my baseball cap lol...My bad attempt at humour, sorry! :-)
[quote]On Mar 18, 2016, gjmagic wrote:

Yes, that is true, but you would think some people would be a little more discreet about it ;) But hey, fill your boots and take it.....as I said, it's just a little trick, but one that will be talked about for a very long time...well it works for me :-)

PS. If this was done by a "Street Magician", and not some old bloke, and used a cut up heavily edited trailer it would sell like hot cakes, where did I put my baseball cap lol...My bad attempt at humour, sorry! :-) [/quote]

haha... I'm not trying to disrespect you in anyway, I just being honestly.

To be fair... I've never seen black flash paper! And for the record... I do not plan to perform this effect.

I respect you being honest in your trailer and this was actually very entertaining as apposed to a say SansMinds trailer which is filled with fancy music and cuts and audience reactions of hot girls (which I believe are just cut in later).

Thanks for sharing this.. and again, I don't plan on performing I was just being honest :)

best,
Brandon
[quote]On Mar 18, 2016, brandon90 wrote:
[quote]On Mar 18, 2016, gjmagic wrote:

PS. If this was done by a "Street Magician", and not some old bloke, and used a cut up heavily edited trailer it would sell like hot cakes, where did I put my baseball cap lol...My bad attempt at humour, sorry! :-) [/quote]

haha... I'm not trying to disrespect you in anyway, I just being honestly.

To be fair... I've never seen black flash paper! And for the record... I do not plan to perform this effect.

I respect you being honest in your trailer and this was actually very entertaining as apposed to a say SansMinds trailer which is filled with fancy music and cuts and audience reactions of hot girls (which I believe are just cut in later).

Thanks for sharing this.. and again, I don't plan on performing I was just being honest :)

best,
Brandon [/quote]

Yes I know, I was only playing!

Black flash paper isn't essential, but if you use white you may need to double it up to avoid the corner showing through.

You should give it a go, it plays very well....and some of the other routines on the DVD are 100% self-contained so no switching ete is required.

Cheers Brandon,

Gary.
I will give it a go after purchasing of course. ;)

best,
Looks really good Gary.
Black flash paper & a deck of cards & your business cards ! your set to go.
I've been out all afternoon and performed this at most tables.

It's easy to do and a great excuse to use your business card!

We have it in stock here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/black-market-by-gary-jones.html
I'm in my kind of thread !! Surrounded by A list workers bring it on ..
MD
Looks great ,Gary is a great teacher for hobbyist magicians,have most of his stuff.I am a big fan of Gary (and Chris Congrieve) mainly cos Thoughtwave was the first trick I bought many years ago,and still perform to this day (GREAT SELFWORKING TRICK )just been re-released by Alakazam.If you are a pro these kind of effects are maybe not for you but I love getting a new monthly effect and really working the presentation which is the secret of good magic
Missed this one at blackpool, This look great and I will be picking this up.

Everything Gary releases packs a punch and is a solid Worker in the real world. The same goes for Dave Forrest and Full52.

I also agree with Rasmus above and with Chris Congreave

As Magicians we should support our Art and support the creators who thanks to their creativity release so much good stuff which fuels our interest and excitement and at the same time keep us in a job or in a hobby !
[quote]On Mar 28, 2016, wanderwizard wrote:
Looks great ,Gary is a great teacher for hobbyist magicians,have most of his stuff.I am a big fan of Gary (and Chris Congrieve) mainly cos Thoughtwave was the first trick I bought many years ago,and still perform to this day (GREAT SELFWORKING TRICK )just been re-released by Alakazam.If you are a pro these kind of effects are maybe not for you but I love getting a new monthly effect and really working the presentation which is the secret of good magic [/quote]

Not sure why you would say that these kind of effects are not good for a Pro, I can't think of a better way to hand out your business card and Thoughtwave is a great Mentalism effect.

For me everything is about presentation, Effect and subtleties, I have always been a fan of Gary's stuff because its packed with clever routining and subtleties and workable in the real world.
Love this effect. Well done Gary. Thanks for putting this out there.
I wonder if there's a MORE awkward and defensive way of presenting a card to be signed than the one shown in the demo? I haven't seen one...
For anyone that has the intercessor gimmick they could have a miracle on their hands. Although I have got both I do the trick as shown and the specs just sign the card, I've been using it since Blackpool and never had any one try and take the card or even mention the signing process.