(Close Window)
Topic: Token by SansMinds Creative Lab
Hey,
I just saw Token and it looks like a very cool, easy and practical effect.
What do you guys think about it?

More info and trailer:

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56988
Looks ok. I don't see myself performing it though.
It doesn't do much for me personally as it's kind of sappy, but I think laymen will probably really love it. Seems like crowdpleaser.
This looks interesting. I'm not sure how often I'd do it, but I am intrigued
Its sans minds so I'd wait for a review personally
What a GREAT idea! I love it.

Wearing a black jacket on the beach might seem a little odd ... but that's a minor detail.

This is how you get down with the ladies! ;)

G Ro
SansMinds is on a roll!
Do we get to learn how to make our own giveaway gimmicks with this? I think id like a presentation aka ninja knit where it looks like you're making it fast like a balloon animal versus just pushing it in
Looks nice but a bit pricey. U can learn to make the hearts on youtube and the straw vanish is old. So I wonder what you r getting for $40
This looks great. Visual. But as Eric stated, I too think that there are many(cost-effective) ways to accomplish the same effect.
[quote]On Feb 29, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Looks nice but a bit pricey. U can learn to make the hearts on youtube and the straw vanish is old. So I wonder what you r getting for $40 [/quote]

Another dust collecting DVD.
Sans Minds - reinventing the wheel!.....again
"Looks nice but a bit pricey. U can learn to make the hearts on youtube and the straw vanish is old. So I wonder what you r getting for $40"

Ha ha, that's the FIRST thing I did. Lots of tutorials there, it's an old Origami arts-n-crafts
[quote]On Feb 29, 2016, Titanas wrote:
Hey,
What do you guys think about it?

More info and trailer:

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56988 [/quote]

As you have asked this is what I think

When you say you just saw Token
What did you see ?

The trailer ?

or the actual product

As you appear to be Sansmind number one fan

What items do you perform of there product line on a regular basis !
Jack,
I thought I replied to you on the other thread.
Since for some reason my reply didn't satisfy you,
would you like to take these questions of yours privately?
I don't want to hijack this thread :)

Best regards,
Titanas
Yeah bit suspect there about pushing sanminds products all the times
Karl M,
This is what I previously replied to Jack (from another thread)

"Dear JackMagic,
I can assure you that I don't work for SansMinds.
I do work for Murphys though and I get to see some cool magic before anyone else.
So for the ones I like and I find interesting, I am trying to share with you guys and see how you feel about them.
Best regards,
Titanas"
Guys it's Titanas' job to post about new products that Murphy's stocks. It's no different than when any of the multiple dealers post threads on here. He's just doing his job.

Getting this thread back on track, I am interested if there are clothing requirements base off of what Jason is wearing or if those were already on for a diff project. I'm also curious as to why this priced higher than flashy, considering of the two this would seem to be the less magical effect
[quote]On Mar 5, 2016, Titanas wrote:
Karl M,
This is what I previously replied to Jack (from another thread)

"Dear JackMagic,
I can assure you that I don't work for SansMinds.
I do work for Murphys though and I get to see some cool magic before anyone else.
So for the ones I like and I find interesting, I am trying to share with you guys and see how you feel about them.
Best regards,
Titanas" [/quote]
Fair schools mate
[quote]On Mar 5, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Yeah bit suspect there about pushing sanminds products all the times [/quote]

Well if his post were a bit more transparent

Casual user would never know he is working for Murphys

As Murphys are a whole seller and not a retailer then should he not be
Pitching to the dealers ?

He states this is easy to do but has not seen the product in person

Only the demo

The biggest problem with Sansmind is they have been caught out several times
with a demo video that just can't be done in the real world see

http://magicreviewed.com/reviews/taiwanben-sansminds-alchemist-series-self-bending-screwdriver-review/

As anything on a Video can made to look "cool"

It might be better to at least watch / use the product
Before the sales pitch !
Same goes with all posts being shared here. There's nothing wrong sharing information here. This is what this page is for. Titanas is a great guy I own some stuff he produced before. Good stuff. And how does the screw driver trick relate to this topic and why is it not doable? I own it and it's self-working(hope I am not giving away too much as it's not really a secret).
[quote]On Mar 5, 2016, ReviewerMaster wrote:
Same goes with all posts being shared here. There's nothing wrong sharing information here. This is what this page is for. Titanas is a great guy I own some stuff he produced before. Good stuff. And how does the screw driver trick relate to this topic and why is it not doable? I own it and it's self-working(hope I am not giving away too much as it's not really a secret). [/quote]

I was not talking about Titanas own produced items , I also own several of them

The Screwdriver is just one of many examples that they can't be trusted when it comes to demo video's

Did you read or watch the review , Jeff Stone said

"I'm getting sick and tired of false advertising, and SansMinds is commonly one of the worst offenders, and this one is no exception. That copy, written and video, is crap."

Saying its Cool and it's easy without even watching the video is strange comment

Also saying you own the product considering it's still on pre order !

Considering Murphys Magic Spokesperson. Has only seen the demo video

Amazing how you own it ! (Not due out for another 2 Days)
Dear Jackmagic,
Latest and greatest is the place that people talk about new and upcoming products, hence the name.
There are other places for actual reviews like "The good, the bad and the garbage"
I saw something, looked good for my taste and decided to create a post about it.
No need to justify my decision any further.
If you don't like the company, I get it but there's no need to call my post a dealers pitch as it wasn't.
Best regards,
Titanas
JackMagic, if you actually read my message, I was referring to the screwdriver. Good point Titanas. Do you not produce anymore?
ReviewerMaster,
I still do but not under Titanas Magic Productions :)

Best regards,
Titanas

P.s: good to have you back
JackMagic, if you actually read my message, I was referring to the screwdriver. Good point Titanas. [/quote]

The point is Sansmind have been pulled up for the Demo Video's
Time and Time again so can not be trusted

So I would Question anything that is judged purely on the Demo

I also question anyone who states they have purchased the item when it's still on pre order

Now do you understand ?
The main question ihave is when is this available to buy
[quote]On Mar 6, 2016, Karl M wrote:
The main question ihave is when is this available to buy [/quote]

Murphys state tomorrow 7th
Message: Posted by: Michael Mindreader (Mar 7, 2016 06:49PM)
[quote]On Mar 6, 2016, JackMagic wrote:
JackMagic, if you actually read my message, I was referring to the screwdriver. Good point Titanas. [/quote]

The point is Sansmind have been pulled up for the Demo Video's
Time and Time again so can not be trusted

So I would Question anything that is judged purely on the Demo

I also question anyone who states they have purchased the item when it's still on pre order

Now do you understand ? [/quote]

Who were you referring to?
On topic....anyone doing this?how practical is the straw VANISH? Sleeves needed...angles etc..
Wow. This train jumped the rails....
Is there anyone who purchased this and can give an unbiased review .
Agree. Surprised there aren't any reviews yet
[quote]On Mar 15, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Agree. Surprised there aren't any reviews yet [/quote]

EVERYONE is waiting for SOMEONE to buy and review it.
ANYONE can buy it, but NO ONE is willing to buy it until SOMEONE does a review.
Maybe that's because SansMinds has burned ANYONE that has bought from them (some people would say they've burned EVERYONE) so many times that NO ONE is willing to believe ANYTHING they put on their trailers.
Personally I wouldn't mind if NO ONE ever bought ANYTHING from them again, but I know that SOMEONE will buy it.

Come on SOMEONE! Don't let EVERYONE down just because NO ONE wants to believe the trailer!

[youtube]xRcUFvbcWCw[/youtube]

:)
Sean and Dave talked about this and Flashy in their latest WPR tho.

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/wizard-product-review-264/
Token review only.

[youtube]z1MmlSWubkc[/youtube]
They were pretty rough on this but nost had harsh as they were tearing apart flashy
[quote]On Mar 16, 2016, barts185 wrote:
[quote]On Mar 15, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Agree. Surprised there aren't any reviews yet [/quote]

EVERYONE is waiting for SOMEONE to buy and review it.
ANYONE can buy it, but NO ONE is willing to buy it until SOMEONE does a review.
Maybe that's because SansMinds has burned ANYONE that has bought from them (some people would say they've burned EVERYONE) so many times that NO ONE is willing to believe ANYTHING they put on their trailers.
Personally I wouldn't mind if NO ONE ever bought ANYTHING from them again,
:) [/quote]

[quote]On Feb 29, 2016, Titanas wrote:
Hey,
[/quote]
I hit a Nerve as I asked
When you say you just saw Token
What did you see ?
The trailer?
or the actual product

As Titanas did not reply , I assumed He did not actually see the Product at all,

Just the Demo which we all know with this company can’t be trusted at all

Now after watching the WPR it is clear yet another “FAKE Video” that can’t be done as per demo in the real world

No wonder people are avoiding them
Good review by the WPR guys. I don't think any of us honestly thought you could do this with a borrowed straw given that we all know how the straw has to be gimmicked to vanish like it does. So I don't really consider that a deal breaker although I do think the guys were right in slamming this for yet another deceptive trailer. I wish the guys would have gone into more detail about the get ready and reset so we could determine if this is suited for walk around. Anyone ever make one of the hearts? How hard/time consuming is it? I know there are tons of tutorials on youtube but I haven't watched any yet. You'd obviously want to make up a bunch of the hearts so you can give them away. Just wondering how time consuming it is to make one.
Hard to take any WPR review of a Sansminds product seriously after the nasty Evolve fiasco... its only natural to expect they would be biased against them
[quote]On Mar 17, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
Hard to take any WPR review of a Sansminds product seriously after the nasty Evolve fiasco... its only natural to expect they would be biased against them [/quote]

Hm. Not this is true and a very good point. Of course Sansmind is known for deceiving demo's. So the jury may rule in favor or WPR in this case.
Http://m.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Drinking-Straw-Heart-Hairpin/?ALLSTEPS

A quick Google search showed lots of tutorials...
I like the idea.. but from WPR review.. I don't think I'm gonna use their method. I'm just gonna use different method do to accomplish the same effect.. Lukas wand to ball if you know what I meant..
Regardless of the "borrowed" straw issue...

Can anyone who bought this perform it in the real world as explained in the instructions?
[quote]On Apr 17, 2016, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Regardless of the "borrowed" straw issue...

Can anyone who bought this perform it in the real world as explained in the instructions? [/quote]

Yes you can , it works in the real world without a problem , just that it's silly to borrow a straw and use the dumb method taught on the DVD to switch for a gimmicked one . There's no need for a switch , just introduce your own straw is enough .
Here's a Draven Review in a nutshell:

The effect is strait forward. Take a straw, compress it into your hand in a way that is visually impossible, and then reveal that the straw has magically folded itself into a heart shape that you can give away to your spectator.

What you get: The secret stuff to make the effect work, and a DVD teaching the routine.

The Routine: Not angle proof. But some would consider it reel magic if you can -pull- it off well. The props received are pretty basic. Like if you know how to fold origami hearts you can probably go to an office supply store and get everything you need, possibly in better quality, for about $10 bucks. Tops. Some magic producers take the time to innovate and create custom props for their effects. Not SansMind! Their creative lab just pushes this stuff out like it was on a conveyor belt.

The Con: What they don't tell you is that you can NOT perform this trick with any borrowed straw. This shoots the practicality of the effect in the foot something hard. You have to set up, supply, and use a pre-gimmicked straw. You can't just borrow a straw from anyone. This is NOT impromptu! The ****ty part is that the trailer video makes it look like you could do this with any borrowed straw. If that was possible then this routine could be salvaged for some street strolling type stuff. Pity. I almost gave this a good score.

The Work Around: Can you re-invent the wheel and perform this routine in the real world, using a real borrowed straw with your reel magic trick? Yes you can. You can easily ditch and switch for your gimmicked straw, or augment your handling to use theirs.

No TV for You! As always SansMinds reserves the TV rights to their products. I get the impression that they know their routines would work well on camera, and never hold water in a real working situation.

Overall you get a cute idea that can create a magical moment for your spectators. Gift magic is one of the most powerful forms of magic out there, and this will give them something to remember you by. The effect isn't that bad, but the ****ty part is that they leave you to believe that it can be a borrowed straw on the trailer. I don't think that was an accident by SansMinds creative team. I think they knew that if they disclosed that tiny little detail it would impact their sales.

Score in a Nutshell: 6 out of 10 stars.
Thanks for the review. I think I'll holdout on this one.