(Close Window)
Topic: Coin Rattle fail
I just wanted to post that I recently bought a Tango Coin Rattle and, wow, what a failure. (I returned it for a full refund so kudos to that merchant.) Anyway, with a very modest shake the lid fell off and, of course, the resulting sound was rather impaired. I don't just mean my swearing at the contraption, but the coin sound was pretty poor. I'm wondering if anyone had similar experience with this device?

In the meantime I've gone over this Forums and contacted David Neighbors for his input and well-respected rattle (I was not aware of that beforehand). I'd appreciate feedback. DA
Dave has a great rattler. I think he charges $80 for one. It works like a charm although I havent used it in awhile. Be sure to get his "Sound Routines" book with it. :). db
Check out Daves site at. coinjurer.com
Thanks! I'm in touch with him now.
Welcome to the club, I bought Tango rattle gimmick years ago and I was very very disappointed, after few tried I immediately put that into bottom of my drawer and contacted David regarding his Coin rattle
I should have refunded it like you did, good for you.
I have a Porper coin rattle and as far as I'm concerned, it too is a "fail". For $100 it doesn’t much sound like you have coins in your hand. Clad or silver coins makes no difference. Just doesn’t sound real at all in my opinion.

Jim
Hay Guys Thanks so much! I am Out of Boxes right Now! Now Getting the boxes Made is the Easy Part The Hard part Is getting Someone To Do The Sowing On Them! If Anyone know Of someone Who can Sow? I am in need Of Them! :(
[quote]On Mar 5, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
I have a Porper coin rattle and as far as I'm concerned, it too is a "fail". For $100 it doesn’t much sound like you have coins in your hand. Clad or silver coins makes no difference. Just doesn’t sound real at all in my opinion.

Jim [/quote]

Really? We haven't had any complaints before. What do you think is wrong with it, or what do you think could be done to make it better. We're always looking to improve.
[quote]On Mar 21, 2016, scottjenkins wrote:
[quote]On Mar 5, 2016, J-Mac wrote:

Jim [/quote]

Really? We haven't had any complaints before. What do you think is wrong with it, or what do you think could be done to make it better. We're always looking to improve. [/quote]

The sound isn't very good regardless of what coins I put in it, and it doesn’t stay closed very well. As you move around it starts to slide open and make noise when you don’t want it to. And there is no adjustments you can make.

Jim
I agree with Jim. Sound is just awful. A pity because Porper products are invariably top notch. But not this one. A real dud!

Fortasse
I purchased a Kennedy coin rattle and wasn't thrilled with it because it didn't sound loud enough. The Porper rattle works fine. A coin rattle isn't going to approximate the sound of coins in your fist 100%.
I have 2 of David's coin rattles. They work great.

Cal
Dave neighbors for sure
What about Dr. Michael Rubinstein's? I understand it's very well made...

Doug
Hi Gang ,
New website ! :)

https://daveneighbors.com

I am still working On getting some More ! :(
Here Is Rubinstein's.

https://www.mymagic.com/p/money-magic/rubinstein-rattle-purse

Doug
[quote]On Mar 6, 2016, David Neighbors wrote:
Hay Guys Thanks so much! I am Out of Boxes right Now! Now Getting the boxes Made is the Easy Part The Hard part Is getting Someone To Do The Sowing On Them! If Anyone know Of someone Who can Sow? I am in need Of Them! :( [/quote]

David, hit up airshipmagic.com ...Jake and Freddy can make about anything on any size production scale.