(Close Window)
Topic: V by Manos Kartsakis Which Hand Effect
Message: Posted by: BMWGuy (Mar 18, 2016 01:19PM)
Hey guys,

Alex here.

So we come to yet another which hand effect, in which you are all wondering, do we really need another one? Well, let me tell you, in this case, YES!

To think that after Tequila Hustler was released, you would think that it would be hard to surpass, well this work is just as good as Tequila Hustler, because I feel that both routines compliment each other really well, you could start out doing this, and then merge into Tequila Hustler.

So, what do you get? This is an actual physical book, but while you wait, Michael Murray sends you the pdf so you don't have to wait long and can start learning right away.

The ebook is 54 pages, and covers several variations on the which hand plot, with only 1 question being asked. Though, I feel that the book is really good, the best part is at the end, in which Manos treats us to a stage piece, involving the whole audience, with a spectator using intuition and an unfathomable prediction and finale. I will use this!!!

For fans of Bruce Bernstein/Ted K, you will see some ideas relating to an effect that I have performed countless times to both laymen and magicians alike, and have fooled the brightest. Its not really a matter of fooling, its a matter of getting everyone involved, participating, and presentation is key here.

Though, I did receive a review copy of this work, I would have gladly paid for this.

I feel the variations you receive, plus the stage piece alone is worth the price.

It is something that I will use, and gets your gears moving and thinking.

So, what are all these variations I am referring to, and what are the contents of the book?

Here we go:

About the Author = you get to know Manos and how he started later on in mentalism during his teens
History & Credits = crediting and history behind the main theme
Introduction
Veritas = which hand effect, during which participant can lie or tell the truth, and the mentalist can discern the location of the object with 100% accuracy.
Vox = This time no questions are asked, only played in the spectators mind, and yet you always know.
Verbalist = Done with 2 spectators, a couple of questions and yet you know who is a truthteller/liar and who has the coin, reminds me of Banachek's routine in a way.
Vice Versa = the stage piece I was talking about above, with 3 small phases, in which spectators use their intuition playing a game in discerning a piece of information about a coin, plus other info relating to the coin, and finally a knockout prediction for the finale. I forgot to mention above that part of the routine reminded me a lot of Max Maven and Colin Mcleod, and something they have done in the past.

that's about it.

You get all of these presentations, and like I said, after performing this you could go right into Tequila Hustler.

Nice work from Manos on this.

Thanks Michael for putting this out as well.

Alex Alejandro
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Mar 18, 2016 10:17PM)
I've never been dissapointed by anything endorsed by Michael so I jumped on this right away.

So glad I did!

If you liked Tequila Hustler you're bound to feel the same way about "V" - and as Alex stated above, the ideas underpinning "V" and "TH" work PERFECTLY together.

I'll definitely keep my eye out for more work by Manos!

Best,

Drew
Message: Posted by: Jeff Wassom (Mar 18, 2016 10:51PM)
WILL eventually buy both TH and 'V,' but given the choice, which would you guys invest in first?

Poor question I know, but today was payday and want to pick up one of the two so...

Cheers and thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!!
Message: Posted by: BlackZ (Mar 18, 2016 10:54PM)
If you buy now V you will have both book and ebook...

Both the books are super!

Whatever you will take... you will be happy!
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Mar 18, 2016 11:21PM)
That's really a toss up...

You really can't go wrong with either.

They both offer multiple variations on the theme.

Best,

Drew
Message: Posted by: celebrity (Mar 19, 2016 02:21AM)
Many thanks for the kind words gents, you can be sure that this is just the beginning when it comes to Manos's releases, he has plenty more in the pipeline. I am always picky on what goes on my site and appreciate the faith in my judgement ;)

I agree, I wouldnt suggest one over the other as they are both amazing products and can sit equally side by side (hence they are the exact same price).

Hope you enjoy using the ideas, now off to finish TH2 ha ha

Best Wishes Michael
Message: Posted by: lucavolpe (Mar 19, 2016 08:34AM)
I think Manos is a guy that is going to have a big name in Mentalism soon.
I love the twist he added to this principle and actually it makes everything even more easy to do!
Bravo! Συγχαρητήρια! :)
Message: Posted by: sjrw (Mar 19, 2016 12:18PM)
@Jeff Wassom

I'd suggest TH is the better starting point.
I found the explanations easier to get my head around, and I think that having knowledge of TH before reading V was really useful for me.
Don't get me wrong... I've really enjoyed V, I'm just glad I had read TH first.
Message: Posted by: John C (Mar 19, 2016 02:00PM)
Done! I own them both.
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Mar 19, 2016 02:23PM)
You're in for a great weekend of reading John!
Message: Posted by: twistedace (Mar 19, 2016 02:38PM)
Ordered! I love Tewuila Hustler and my Sixth Sense 2.5. I love the which hand plot and the principle behind TH and Rock Paper Lies. I ordered the hard copy. Am I correct that I should also be receiving an ebook while waiting for the hard copy to arrive? I'm excited to read this!
Message: Posted by: John C (Mar 19, 2016 04:50PM)
[quote]On Mar 19, 2016, DrewBstoss wrote:
You're in for a great weekend of reading John! [/quote]

Haha. The day I received the email for TH I clicked. A few months ago maybe....when did that come out?

A few days ago I received the email from Michael on V. I clicked. I thought Michael would be sleeping or something over there in England. But, no, he sent it right over.

Great stuff.
Message: Posted by: Jeff Wassom (Mar 19, 2016 05:15PM)
[quote]On Mar 19, 2016, sjrw wrote:
@Jeff Wassom

I'd suggest TH is the better starting point.
I found the explanations easier to get my head around, and I think that having knowledge of TH before reading V was really useful for me.
Don't get me wrong... I've really enjoyed V, I'm just glad I had read TH first. [/quote]

Thanks sjrw, answer I was looking for. =)
Message: Posted by: celebrity (Mar 19, 2016 05:18PM)
Twisted dance, all copies of V have been emailed within seven hours, most within the hour. Let me know your order number if you havent received it and I will sort it ;)
Message: Posted by: twistedace (Mar 19, 2016 05:49PM)
Hi Michael. It arrived! Thank you!
Message: Posted by: Adrien L. (Mar 20, 2016 05:02PM)
I've just read this (haven't performed it yet) and I think it is very good. It adds an interesting layer to the typical which-hand/truth-liar effect, which makes the routine both easy to perform and really hard to backtrack.

PS: I thought I could use both V and Manoeda to do a 3 phase routine (where the first phase would be a calibration phase: basically just guessing), but I'm struggling to go from one to the other in performance...
Message: Posted by: Orlan (Mar 20, 2016 05:46PM)
Do the methods described in V include repetition or a multi phase "which hand" routine, or are they for one time use?
Message: Posted by: sjrw (Mar 20, 2016 05:55PM)
Alex

I am aware of the Ted K references in V. But could you point me in the direction of the Bruce Bernstein reference?


Cheers,

Sam
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Mar 20, 2016 06:27PM)
Bruce Bernstein's Croiset Affair can be found in his excellent compendium, Unreal. Not sure where it originally appeared.
Message: Posted by: rasp (Mar 20, 2016 06:34PM)
Orlan, they are definitely not limited to a one time use.
Message: Posted by: AaronishMagic (Mar 20, 2016 09:19PM)
I trust BMWhuy reviews. Always down to details. Thanks again for the helpful review, I'll be getting mine soon.
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Mar 21, 2016 03:03AM)
Just bought this and it was sent ultra fast. Thanks Michael.

Will add some comments after I have studied it.
Message: Posted by: Alex Le Fanu (Apr 14, 2016 07:53AM)
Let me say I LOVED this book!

“Veritas” is simply amazing! You are able to know in which hand the spectator has got the object with ONE, yeah ONE, question! The thinking behind this routine is so clever and elegant! And what about “Verbalist”? A true mental miracle! A beautiful parlour or stage piece of gold! The thinking behind all the routines is so clever… This book is a MUST HAVE for all the mind readers that love prop-less surefire routines! Manos is a super creative thinker and I believe he will give us other wonderful mental gems in the future! Bravo!

Alex
Message: Posted by: rowdymagi5 (Apr 14, 2016 09:09AM)
[quote]On Mar 20, 2016, Orlan wrote:
Do the methods described in V include repetition or a multi phase "which hand" routine, or are they for one time use? [/quote]

Nobody has answered this question?
Message: Posted by: rasp (Apr 14, 2016 05:40PM)
Rowdy this has been answered before......... They are NOT for one time use. You can perform for the same people and mix the routines. You will not be disappointed with this book.
Message: Posted by: bowers (Apr 17, 2016 02:43PM)
This is also a great method to the which hand effect also.
It can be used in conjunction with TH too.
I can't wait for TH2 to be released.
Todd
Message: Posted by: bowers (Apr 17, 2016 02:45PM)
[quote]On Apr 17, 2016, bowers wrote:
This is also a great method to the which hand effect.
It can be used in conjunction with The TH effect
I can't wait for TH2 to be released.
Todd [/quote]
Message: Posted by: bowers (Apr 17, 2016 08:16PM)
Ive been going over all of the routiens with the e-book.
I really love the one call Verbalist.It works with two spectators.
One spec hides the coin in their hand.And both decide which role they
will play being a liar or a truth teller.In the end of the routine you
will be able to tell which one holds the coin and in which hand it is.
And who played which role.Super clean effect.
Todd :thumbsup:
Message: Posted by: seamagu (Apr 18, 2016 03:09AM)
Hi Bowers, I've used verbalist in a show and the feedback that I got was that it was one of the most liked effects during the show. This feedback was from one of the 'volunteers'. She asked me a few times....so how did you know I was lying?

It's a great routine...good job Manos.

The Facebook group has loads of good ideas too

Séa
Message: Posted by: spetz (Apr 18, 2016 04:23AM)
[quote]On Apr 18, 2016, seamagu wrote:
The Facebook group has loads of good ideas too
[/quote]

URL to Facebook group please?
Message: Posted by: jackaboy (Apr 18, 2016 12:03PM)
Yeah imo this is vastly superior to TH with this you can use a single question or even no questions at all!
one of my fave things to perform
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Apr 18, 2016 07:08PM)
I finally got around to buying this and boy am I glad I did. About the only place this wouldn't fool would be in a scan 3D/sixth sense 2.5 owners convention. They'd be fooled too they just wouldn't know they have been fooled.

Veritas and vice versa are fantastic as are all the routines in this book.This is worth far more than I paid for it.

Mark
Message: Posted by: cheesewrestler (Apr 18, 2016 09:37PM)
A "which hand" effect by a guy named "Manos" ... it has to be good!
Message: Posted by: seamagu (Apr 19, 2016 03:06AM)
Not just A which hand effect. Lots of them and different methods too.
Message: Posted by: bowers (Apr 19, 2016 05:19PM)
This principle method goes a lot deeper than any other
Which hand effect I have seen.Very untrackable also.
I really love it.I will still use the other ones I have.
But this will be my main one to use.
Todd
Message: Posted by: Adam Hince (Apr 23, 2016 09:58PM)
[quote]On Apr 18, 2016, seamagu wrote:

The Facebook group has loads of good ideas too

Séa [/quote]

How do owners access that Fb group?
Message: Posted by: BMWGuy (Apr 24, 2016 01:22AM)
Hey guys,

I really love the stage piece in this.

It combines the Which hand plot, with a clever principle used by Mark Elsdon, as well as Bruce Bernstein/Ted K. effect.

I have been using this a lot, and it kills.

Makes for a good closer, or a second to the last effect.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Apr 24, 2016 07:59AM)
With some slight modification it also makes a great opener. The two person version is also incredible. Especially when combined with tequila hustler.

Mark
Message: Posted by: bowers (Apr 24, 2016 08:56AM)
[quote]On Apr 24, 2016, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
With some slight modification it also makes a great opener. The two person version is also incredible. Especially when combined with tequila hustler.

Mark [/quote]

I did exactly that last night.I was at a cookout.
I did TH on a women and then did V on her and her husband.
It blew them away.
Todd
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (May 3, 2016 08:47AM)
Hello everyone.
I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who purchased my book and also clarify some things about it.
First of all, naturally the book was compared to Tequila Hustler by Mark Elsdon because they were released almost at the same period and of course because the effects are very similar. The truth of the matter is that the principle behind Tequila Hustler was developed around the same time by Mark Elsdon and myself. It was going to be included in this book together with all the other routines but when I found out that Mark had something similar and was going to release it and after Skyping with him, I decided that I should not include it in this book since it was the same thing exactly.
So as far as I am concerned TH goes hand in hand with V, and it's best for someone to have both. I have huge respect for Mark Elsdon's work and I am happy we share the same ideas.
Secondly, many people have wondered if you can perform these effects repeatidly or combine them. I guess that everyone can do whatever suits their character best but I will just give a brief description how I like to combine them. Most of the times I find myself performing the routine with the two spectators (Verbalist) and if I see that the audience wants to see something extra I perform either TH,Veritas or Vox depending on what I think suits the occasion best.
Lastly, I hope that the ideas provided by Michael Murray didn't fly under the radar because there is some brilliant thinking there. I love the way Michael uses another spectator to find out if the participant is lying or telling the truth and most of all I like his routine in which he instructs a spectator to write something down on a piece of paper and then hide the folded piece of paper in one of his hands. I like how in this routine you can not only reveal the correct hand but also reveal what was written on down. I personally use an impression pad and have performed this with PIN codes or a little secret that the spectators write on that piece of paper.
I hope you have as much fun with these routines as I have.Thanks again.

Best Regards
Manos
Message: Posted by: Dannicus (May 3, 2016 01:32PM)
Both Tequila Hustle and V are among the top 10 releases of the year from my point if view. I am very happy I bought them both. Impromptu Miracles at their best.
Message: Posted by: magic maniac (May 3, 2016 03:11PM)
I think V is a super strong effect but for me I can't find a way around it being a "coincidence" effect. With Freddy's version, I can at least talk about the outcome in relation to the objects they've selected or not selected.

'V' unfortunately doesn't fit my performance style but is a very strong release regardless.
Message: Posted by: bowers (May 3, 2016 08:21PM)
[quote]On May 3, 2016, Dannicus wrote:
Both Tequila Hustle and V are among the top 10 releases of the year from my point if view. I am very happy I bought them both. Impromptu Miracles at their best. [/quote]


Exactly my thoughts also.These two effects are perfect togeather.
I love both of them.Perfect anytime anyplace with nothing to
bring to the table except you..
Message: Posted by: Relick666 (Jun 17, 2016 06:45PM)
Ahem, ahem...

I’m just going to leave this here (taken from Patrick Redford's Prevaricator official manuscript):

[i]The history of such an effect in the magic community begins in 1978 when Gerald Kosky first contributed
his version, “To Tell The Truth,” to the Apocalypse (Vol. 1, June 1978) based on an old logic problem
that has reportedly found itself in print in many old books of mathematics. His version involved the use of one
question as asked of only one of the two participants. In this version, there had to be a liar and a truth teller. [/i]

Oh, so it was just one question too? Interesting.

What's the difference then with...

Uhhh... Wait! Does this mean that... uhm..

Oh, wait...

Let me see... Credits? Nope. Nada.

Ok, gotta go.

Cheers,

Andreu.
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jun 17, 2016 08:34PM)
[quote]On Jun 17, 2016, Relick666 wrote:
Ahem, ahem...

I’m just going to leave this here (taken from Patrick Redford's Prevaricator official manuscript):

[i]The history of such an effect in the magic community begins in 1978 when Gerald Kosky first contributed
his version, “To Tell The Truth,” to the Apocalypse (Vol. 1, June 1978) based on an old logic problem
that has reportedly found itself in print in many old books of mathematics. His version involved the use of one
question as asked of only one of the two participants. In this version, there had to be a liar and a truth teller. [/i

Oh, so it was just one question too? Interesting.

What's the difference then with...

Uhhh... Wait! Does this mean that... uhm..

Oh, wait...

Let me see... Credits? Nope. Nada.

Ok, gotta go.

Cheers,

Andreu. [/quote]

you must not have the book my friend.
Because I am looking at it right now.
And guess what the credits are there in black and white.
Message: Posted by: rasp (Jun 17, 2016 09:11PM)
Manos Kartsakis, Michael Murray and myself all worked tirelessly on this project. The credits are there!!

Andreu, your post makes no sense whatsoever.
Message: Posted by: Relick666 (Jun 17, 2016 09:36PM)
Even supposing I missed the Credits, HOW is it different to the approach explained by Gerald Kosky? How??

Please! The approach is basically the same one, with a different name for the effect.

(Oh, and it also involves an unjustified procedure for the spectator that I won't mention).

My advice would be, send it to more knowledgeable guys out there, then maybe release it officially. Wait, maybe it's too late for that(?)

Take it as friendly advice.

Just my 2 dollars,


Andreu.
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Jun 17, 2016 10:17PM)
Hi Andrue,

I'm sincerely wondering if you might have "V" mistaken for another release...

"V" contains FOUR VERY DIFFERENT APPROACHES to this plot - to which one are you referring?

I agree that Kosky pioneered the BASIC principle (as applied to mentalism and this plot) but the routines in "V" are MUCH more similar to the ADVANCEMENT of the principle as used in Mark Elsdon's "Tequila Hustler". Accusing Manos of ripping off Kosky is akin to saying that anyone who has work on a star sign revelation built on a particular methodology is ripping off the first person to apply that concept to the plot.

Beyond that - both "V" and "TH" are worthwhile releases because they overcome the overt use of lo**c that is so apparant (and often confusing) to those participating.

Best,

Drew
Message: Posted by: scott0819 (Jun 17, 2016 10:36PM)
Hey Drew,
I sent you a PM.
Message: Posted by: Relick666 (Jun 17, 2016 10:55PM)
[quote]On Jun 17, 2016, DrewBstoss wrote:

I agree that Kosky pioneered the BASIC principle (as applied to mentalism and this plot) but the routines in "V" are MUCH more similar to the ADVANCEMENT of the principle as used in Mark Elsdon's "Tequila Hustler". Accusing Manos of ripping off Kosky is akin to saying that anyone who has work on a star sign revelation built on a particular methodology is ripping off the first person to apply that concept to the plot.
[/quote]

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

Having discussed long time about similar ideas with knowledgeable folks & friends, I have to say I miss to see any real advancement as you mention.

A clever spectator will figure this out, too: Annemann once mentioned spectators are not so dumb as "magicians" assume they are. Same logic applies herein.

Also, I'm not accusing him of ripping it off - just of not advancing the idea enough to make it worth publishing, that's all. We had discussed long time ago very similar ideas with friends. Why weren't they published? Go figure out. :)

Again, it's my opinion and I respect yours too.

Best regards,

Andreu.
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Jun 18, 2016 04:34AM)
I guess you haven't got the book because this offers a massive improvement over the original. Many have played with this plot using variations of the original logic puzzle. This one probably does the best job of hiding the logic I've ever seen particularly in the two person version. The two person version plays out just like prevaricator but with no prevarication and a spectator would be beyond clever to pick it up. I'm familiar with just about every version of this plot and the two person one floored me. The final effect in the book is also a lovely routine. I got three things that I would use out of this book so definitely worthy of release.

Mark
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jun 18, 2016 06:57AM)
I really enjoy Verbalist the best.
The 2 person version.Would be very
hard to backtrack.But all are good.
Todd
Message: Posted by: John C (Jun 18, 2016 09:15AM)
I suppose a "clever" spectator could could figure out anything we do. But if done correctly the specs may not deny the entertainment value we provide.

Carry on please.....

J
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jun 18, 2016 09:27AM)
So true John.Thats why a professional knows
how to present it with a logical disconnect
to futher though off the spectator.
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Jun 18, 2016 09:42AM)
I too can confirm that both TH and The Verbalist (from "V") are deceptive and entertaining if performed competently. I've been switching between the two over the last several months and using my handling to great effect with rooms full of computer programmers, mathematicians, attorneys, and the like. As John said - a quick participant can clock ANYTHING performed poorly...but that's more a function of "user-error" than any fault in the technique.

Best,

Drew
Message: Posted by: Relick666 (Jun 18, 2016 10:20AM)
Manos emailed me about it and said that he tried to work as best as he could along with the plot.

I have to say I value his effort to do this and also the fact that he's open about admitting similarities with Manoeda, TH, etc. Nothing wrong with that and please excuse me for my initial post as I made a mistake (I'm human after all lol).

Also saw he's working on some ideas.

That's cool, I always look forward to new creations and encourage them.

Best regards,


Andreu.
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Jun 18, 2016 10:29AM)
Andrue - mistakes do happen so no worries there.

I will say though that the MANNER by which you chose to communicate your opinion (based on what sounds like partial knowledge of the product) was a bit harsh... Just a thought to keep in mind next time you feel so strongly about a release.

Best,

Drew
Message: Posted by: celebrity (Jun 18, 2016 04:15PM)
Spoke with Andreu personally, given time to reflect I know he regrets his initial post.

Huge respect to Manos for taking the personal time away from is new bride to speak with and help Andreu personally. I was super proud that Manos allowed me (with the greatest of help from "Rasp") to bring his work to the community.

Manos is an immensely knowledgeably guy who has remained hidden for so long. He has some incredible effects (some of the very best I have seen, and I have seen a lot) that I hope will be shared with the community soon.

Best Wishes to all!

Michael
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Jun 19, 2016 12:07PM)
For my tastes, Veritus is overly complicated. The visualization process the spectator is asked to do feels unnatural to me. I prefer TH for a one on one situation.

Verbalist, on the other hand is absolutely brilliant! As Manos details, the goal was to do a which hand effect that looked as clean as an electronic version without the electronics, and that's exactly what he's done! I absolutely love this version.

So, I have TH for one on one situations and the Verbalist for two people, and then to really mess with peoples' minds, use my Promystic products mixed in at times. It really makes it impossible for anyone to backtrack!
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jun 19, 2016 12:17PM)
[quote]On Jun 19, 2016, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
For my tastes, Veritus is overly complicated. The visualization process the spectator is asked to do feels unnatural to me. I prefer TH for a one on one situation.

Verbalist, on the other hand is absolutely brilliant! As Manos details, the goal was to do a which hand effect that looked as clean as an electronic version without the electronics, and that's exactly what he's done! I absolutely love this version.

So, I have TH for one on one situations and the Verbalist for two people, and then to really mess with peoples' minds, use my Promystic products mixed in at times. It really makes it impossible for anyone to backtrack! [/quote]

I agree I use Verbalist and TH in conjunction all the time.
Message: Posted by: Decomposed (Jul 3, 2016 01:25PM)
Thanks Bowers. For the rest here, which do you think is better over the phone?
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jul 3, 2016 07:50PM)
I would say Th for sure.
Message: Posted by: Decomposed (Jul 3, 2016 11:42PM)
Thanks Bowers!
Message: Posted by: KiKi (Jul 4, 2016 12:17PM)
On page 28 the last sentense above THE METHOD it says:
"Spectator B brings his RIGHT hand forward ..."
but shouldn´t it be his LEFT hand?
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jun 12, 2017 01:43PM)
Hello everyone. Thank you again for trusting me in my first project. I have some news for you in case you are interested.
The second edition of V was published a few days ago and so far I have received a lot of positive feedback about it. There are a lot of new ideas in there, improvements over the original routines as well as new routines. You can see the list of contents in the link below. Thank you so much for your time.
P.S. KiKi You are right about what you said and the change has been made. Thank you. I hope you enjoy my new ideas. :)
P.S.2 There is a massive discount on V² for the owners of the original. ;)
https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/view-all/products/v-expanded-edition-by-manos-kartsakis-1
Message: Posted by: rasp (Jun 12, 2017 02:25PM)
The new ideas are excellent!!

Rasp.
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jun 12, 2017 06:02PM)
V is one of the best which hand methods out their.
Can't wait to get the new version.I had rather use it
than with my electronic gadgets I have.
Todd :thumbsup:
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jun 13, 2017 09:52AM)
I am happy you like the material so much, Todd. The feedback from the community has been very positive for both V and V².
Thanks everyone again for putting your trust in my work. Looking forward to sharing more of my thoughts with you guys. :)
Message: Posted by: magicinsight (Jun 13, 2017 01:41PM)
When will the book version be available?
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jun 13, 2017 03:31PM)
@magicinsight
To my knowledge, the physical copies will be sent in less than 2 weeks. Have you pre-ordered your copy?
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jun 13, 2017 08:44PM)
I got a email that mine has been shipped.
Message: Posted by: magicinsight (Jun 14, 2017 08:32AM)
[quote]On Jun 13, 2017, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
@magicinsight
To my knowledge, the physical copies will be sent in less than 2 weeks. Have you pre-ordered your copy? [/quote]

THank you. I am going to do so a bit later today.
Message: Posted by: Jacob Smith (Jun 14, 2017 09:26AM)
Video review is in the editing stages for this lovely piece of work!

Stay tuned....

XX,
-Jacob Smith
Message: Posted by: celebrity (Jun 14, 2017 04:56PM)
Many thanks for the support with this release. No physical copies have been posted as yet but they are with the printers and are due to land with me next week. The moment that they land they will be posted ;)

Best Wishes Michael
Message: Posted by: Jacob Smith (Jun 17, 2017 09:18AM)
Pssst...

Here's a review for everyone that is still on the fence ;)

[youtube]Kps1xa-QC0M[/youtube]

XX,
-Jakob
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Jun 17, 2017 09:20AM)
Link not working for me.
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Jun 17, 2017 09:20AM)
Never mind!
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jun 26, 2017 08:15PM)
Received my new V2 book today.What I have read so far is Brilliant.
Velvet is fricking awesome.No questions at all.Spectator makes their own choices.
And you predict every move that they made.Manos has also updated and inhanced some of
the original effects in V1 such as Vox and Verbalist.Alot of thought has gone into the new book.
This book is well worth investing in.I am very satisfied.Thanks Manos.
Todd
Message: Posted by: magicinsight (Jul 5, 2017 03:49PM)
Just ordered the physical book. I look forward in reading it.

Michael
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 5, 2017 05:34PM)
I am glad you liked it Todd. Thanks for your kind words. You can email me and get a bonus routine as well. My email is in the introduction of the book. ;)
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jul 5, 2017 06:28PM)
I will Manos thanks my friend.
Todd
Message: Posted by: phillsmiff (Jul 6, 2017 03:35AM)
No getting round this: Manos did an effect based on his which-hand work at MINDS this year in the open mic night and fully crushed me with it. Zero clue, no idea how on earth he did it.

Getting fooled so hard is increasingly rare and the experience is something of a curate's egg - my instinct used to be to snag whatever explanation is available but I'm holding off picking V2 up for a short while so I can enjoy the mystery. Brilliant stuff.

Phill
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 6, 2017 10:38AM)
I am glad you enjoyed it Phill. Performing for you, John Archer and Paul Brook on the open mic was the highlight of the convention for me. You were all very kind and helpful. I really enjoyed your lecture too, especially the routine which used your Quinta force. Looking forward to meeting you again next year and hopefully we will have the chance to discuss more.
Message: Posted by: celebrity (Jul 6, 2017 05:51PM)
Manos, walked me through the updates over Skype, I formatted the book, checked it over twice AND even knowing the method he STILL fooled me with it!!!!!

Manos has one beautiful mind!

Best Wishes Michael
Message: Posted by: rasp (Jul 7, 2017 06:43AM)
When Manos placed the prediction on the table before starting the routine, I knew what the outcome was going to be, as I proofread the book.............. When he turned the prediction over at the end of the routine, you could have knocked me over with a feather!!!! I never saw that coming, what a fantastic idea!!

Was a pleasure to be fooled.

Rasp.
Message: Posted by: Last Laugh (Jul 9, 2017 09:58PM)
Glad to have picked this up! I waffle about the logic puzzle theme. While it [i]can[/i] be powerful and fooling, it also often asks a bit more attention and thoughtfulness of your spectator than the more direct stuff.

Manos has really found a way to get rid of many of the problems and these effects are all very easy to follow for a spectator.

All of them appear more streamlined than possible on first reading, which is refreshing.

Very impressive thinking. I'm very glad that Manos decided to share his discoveries with the community.
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 10, 2017 03:27AM)
@Last Laugh
I am glad you liked the book. I've had the same problem you mention with logic puzzle based routines and in my work I tried to eliminate it as much as possible. Don't forget that you can get a bonus routine as I mentioned in the introduction of the book. Thanks again.
Manos
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Jul 11, 2017 12:22PM)
One aspect of truth teller vs. liar presentations that have always bumped with me is having to clearly emphasize that one person plays the role of a truth teller, and the other a liar. It's crucial that the two participants understand this concept, but for me, it sounds a bit unnatural for everyday language. To get around this I frame my presentation around the game of poker - which has a truth vs. lie component organically built in to the game.

My favorite effect from V is the Verbalist - and I hand the participants a poker chip. I explain that one of them is going to be an honest poker player (and joke that, in real life, that means a poker player who usually loses!), and one player is going to be a habitual bluffer.

Within the framework of poker - theis idea of lying (bluffing) makes complete sense.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Jul 11, 2017 01:16PM)
Mindbender, I really like your idea.
Thanks for sharing.
May I use your basic concept and devise a routine of my own?
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Jul 11, 2017 01:31PM)
Absolutely, thanks!
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Jul 11, 2017 03:00PM)
I read V2 on the plane and wow is all that I can say. Verbalist 2 in particular is simply insane. Nobody on earth could backtrack that as a logic puzzle, it's absolute genius. There actually is no sign whatsoever of any logic puzzle, none nada, zip. Same single question to each participant and it isn't a strange or odd question that you might get in a logic puzzle. Yet you can find the coin and tell both people their roles.

Manor has taken the logic puzzle to its logical conclusion and rendered electronic devices obsolete.

Mark
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 11, 2017 03:31PM)
I am glad you guys are enjoying the material.
Mr.Mindbender, your idea is really good. Great job. I also wanted to get away from the classic truth teller/liar premise, that's why in V2 I added some routines that do not use that premise at all. If you don't already have it I would suggest taking advantage of Mr. Murray's offer to subtract the price of the original V from V2, that means that owners of the original get the second one for just 8 pounds. ;)
Mark_Chandaue, I am glad you like Verbalist 2.0. It is one of my favourites as well. I agree it is nearly impossible to backtrack so I have no problem revealing that you just ask the spectators "Is it in this hand?" that's all. I figured since performers who use electronics ask this question anyway, why not use it as the method?
P.S.: Mark I promise that next year in MINDS I will have a special surprise for all of you. ;)
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Jul 11, 2017 03:44PM)
Looking forward to that Manos, next year at Minds I will tell you how my drawing dupe was done 😂🤣😂

Mark
Message: Posted by: magicinsight (Jul 11, 2017 03:50PM)
V book just arrived in New York. I look forward in start readng it tonight.

Michael
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 11, 2017 04:03PM)
I'll keep an open eye for your review, Michael. I've never been in New York. At least a part of me now has. Feels kind of nice... :)
Message: Posted by: Rolyan (Jul 17, 2017 03:35AM)
Hi Manos - is the routine that you did at the open mic night at Minds3 in the book?
Message: Posted by: JoelDickinson (Jul 17, 2017 04:20AM)
Everything I have read in V is brilliant. Well thought out and practical, the routines are created with the audience in mind as maximum entertainment has been added to each effect. I will provide a more thorough review soon but for now, trust what I'm saying; if you're looking for some strong practical routines then don't miss this.
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 17, 2017 09:19AM)
@Rolyan
The routine I performed on the open mic at MINDS is something that I have been working on for quite some time now. The method I used to find out in which hand the object was hidden is the same as in the effect Velvet which is in the book. What I did after I knew where the object was hidden is not in the book. If you were there and saw the routine I am sure you can figure out how I did what I did from this point on, but I would advise you to hold on to it and not do it this way. The reason is quite simple. As I explained that night this effect was still in development and although I wanted to share it with everyone in that setting I knew that I had to put more work into it. That's the reason it didn't make it in the book. The method was solid, I knew it would work and that's why I had the confidence to perform it in a room full of mentalists. However, there is far more work that needs to be put into a routine than a solid method.
Now I have reworked this routine completely from the ground up, using a different core method. I am confident now that it is 10 times better from what I did on the open mic. My suggestion would be to perform Velvet as it is explained in the book and wait for this one which is going to be in my next book. By the way, my next book is not going to be a collection of which hand routines. It is going to be everything else but that, and only this ONE which hand routine.
@JoelDickinson
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about my book. I hope you enjoy studying the material and I look forward to reading your thorough review. As I explain in the book, I have my own preferences among the routines, there are certain routines that I perform all the time and ones that I don't perform anymore (since others have taken their place due to my personal preference) but I genuinely think there is value in studying everything and I am sure that different people have different preferences. Can't wait to hear what your favourite routines are and how they play for you in the real world.
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Jul 17, 2017 11:51AM)
Whatever the next book contains I will be first in line for it. Based on V and V2 and the stuff you have shared with me privately I know it is going to be filled with knockout material.

Mark
Message: Posted by: BMWGuy (Jul 17, 2017 02:58PM)
Hey guys,

Once again Manos has upped the game with his newer version of which hand called V2.

This is a step up from the original V.

I have used several routines from V, and they are amazing.

If you liked V, you will love V2, more great thinking from a great mentalist and friend.

Manos is a genious, how he comes up with these subtleties, who knows, but I sure would have loved to be present at MINDS to witness some of these in person, as well as some of his unreleased stuff.

As he plans another book, with more stuff, I cannot wait to learn more from Manos.

It is like when Michael Murray first stepped into the scene, after receiving praises for his material, then his limited edition book, everyone is waiting to see what Michael will do next.

Well the same goes for Manos, he has caught our attention, and we await our next encounter and offerings he will share when the time is right.

For now, I must say, that V2 is a game changer, and if you are into which hand routines, there is always material to learn more and more from, and V2 is no exception, you will def benefit from reading it, and your head will spin with ideas on how to use it.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
Message: Posted by: IAIN (Jul 17, 2017 03:17PM)
Is V2 available as a printed booklet? Or is Michael wait for stock? Thanks
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 17, 2017 04:34PM)
Mark and Alejandro thank you for your kind words. IAIN I know that Michael will have more physical copies on his website real soon. Maybe the next few days so definitely keep an open eye for it. ;)
Message: Posted by: celebrity (Jul 18, 2017 05:14AM)
I am happy to say that there are more physical copies available on the MindFX site ;)

Best Wishes Michael
Message: Posted by: IAIN (Jul 18, 2017 05:29AM)
Ordered!
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 18, 2017 08:34AM)
It is always good when an open prediction hits. :D
Knowing how good Michael is at customer service though, I admit that it wasn't at all difficult to pull off. I hope you enjoy the material in the book IAIN and I am looking forward to reading your review. Thanks again for your trust in my work. It really means a lot.
Message: Posted by: JoelDickinson (Jul 24, 2017 05:18AM)
This is a fantastic book and I got more than I expected. This is one of my best purchases this year. Also, the material has also had me thinking in various directions I have never considered. This is very well written. For performers interested in mentalism then the routines within V are all extremely practical.
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Jul 24, 2017 12:12PM)
For those of you how like Velvet, you can carry your pawn in the Quiver purse!
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 24, 2017 01:56PM)
@Joel
I am glad you like the material in the book. I recently found out that you also have some work on the which hand plot and I am looking forward to finding more about it. :)
Thanks again for taking the time to post something here so that others who are interested in my work can have a more informed opinion. I really think that honest reviews are really useful especially in my case that people have not heard of me before.
@ Mr. Mindbender
I like the way you think. You have provided useful ideas to people who have bought my book in other posts as well. In case some people miss what you meant in your comment I should point out that you are saying that a Quiver purse is big enough not to only carry the pawn but the prediction as well so that you won't have to use an envelope. ;)
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mindbender (Jul 24, 2017 03:30PM)
Exactly, was just trying to be careful not to mention too much! More than happy to share my thoughts, I'm a big fan of V and look forward to whatever comes out next from you!
Message: Posted by: IAIN (Jul 24, 2017 03:33PM)
Yes, I enjoyed this very much... the one I have picked to work on is the easy/hard version, something about it that feels a bit more suitable for me... very well put together, and I will be revisiting and picking another to study once I'm happy with it...

btw - I used to do a which hand using Promystic tech, so I'm going to go back my routine with that, but using the methods in V2...
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 25, 2017 04:58AM)
IAIN I am glad you are enjoying the material and have already started working on it. If the easy/hard version you are talking about is the routine Vox 2.0, I must say that it is one of my favourites as well. Make sure you pay special attention to the little details in the instructions (how to separate the instructions into 2 parts, and how you gesture with your hands to make things clear for the spectator to follow).
I would suggest giving Verbalist or Verbalist 2.0 a try as well as this is definitely a very good one. A few people have messaged me asking how I combine these routines in performances so I will just leave this here in case anyone else is wondering:
If there are more than one spectators (2-3) I perfrom one of the one person versions on one of them and then if they ask to see something again I perform Verbalist on another 2 spectators. If there is only one spectator I perform one of the one person versions (Veritas or Vox 2.0) and then I follow it up with Velvet. I think this is a good combination whenever you perform one of the routines and someone says "Do that again".
I know that many people use electronics for similar routines and of course, there is nothing wrong with that. I think there is a right time and a right place for everything. :)
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 28, 2017 12:49PM)
Hello everyone. V² was recently made available on the Penguin Magic website. Their staff was very helpful in putting together a trailer for my book. I know that most magic trailers nowadays try to create a hype around the product and I honestly wanted the trailer for V² to be as honest as possible. That's why the trailer consists of video testimonials from other well-known performers who have either seen me perform the material of V² in person, or have even tried it for themselves. There is also a full unedited performance of one of the routines performed for you at home watching the video. I could not have asked for a better trailer. I hope you like it and feel free to share it with any of your friends on social media. Thanks in advance.
P.S.1: I would suggest watching the uncut performance so you can see in action the little details and nuances that I mention in the book.
P.S.2: If you already own the book and bought it from a different source, I would appreciate it if you could still leave an honest review on the Penguin Magic website so that people who are not familiar with my work can have a more informed opinion.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8653
Message: Posted by: carlwag (Jul 28, 2017 02:39PM)
I recieved the book this week , I've read it and really enjoyed manos' s ideas on the which hand plot.
I enjoyed The verbalist for a two people routine, and velvet for the 1 person the most. There are also five other routines which are really good .
The book is full of great ideas , well explained . I know when I've got a good book when I can't put it down , and this was one of those books.
Looking forward to what manos brings out in the future .
Velvet is worth the price of the book imo
Carl
Message: Posted by: Max Hazy (Jul 28, 2017 09:29PM)
V updated, along with Tequila hustler by Mark Elsdon, Operation Gemini by Red devil and Ring of Truth by Banachek are the 4 horsemen from apocalypse up to this point. They represent the very best methods for a which hand that we have so far. Anyone who is serious about it should get all of them.
Message: Posted by: bowers (Jul 29, 2017 12:08AM)
I love the trailer on Penquin you have Manos.
Todd
Message: Posted by: danster08 (Jul 29, 2017 05:44AM)
This is an excellent read and very usable material. After picking up Rock Paper Lies, by Jay Di Biase, I started searching for more routines that used a similar methodology. Jay actually recommended this book to me and so I picked it up from Michael Murray. I must say, this is really good stuff. These are all very practical and easy to follow. Manos even details which effects he uses the most and why. I found, after reading through and trying many of these myself that I had the same favorites as him.

The methods also vary throughout, even while still using the same principles. There is even one routine that does not rely on the spectator to say a word, at all. Yet you are still able to tell them exactly which hand. Also, there are routines that can use multiple spectators and even one for stage that involves the entire audience with a killer prediction ending.

Manos is also a very nice guy and super helpful. I reached out to him and spoke with him a few times after purchasing the book and he gave me lots of helpful advice.

I was skeptical at first about getting a book entirely of "which hand" effects, but I am glad I did. Do not hesitate to pick this up, as you will not regret it.
Message: Posted by: Waters. (Jul 29, 2017 06:14AM)
Manos,

Your video completely worked on me. I have no clue. I purchased at MindFX immediately. Well done sir. Like everyone here, I am looking forward to using this along with TH and other techniques. It's great to have a full tool belt.

Best Regards,

Sean
Message: Posted by: KiKi (Jul 29, 2017 07:07AM)
I have to say, I really like V.
Absolutely great, BUT, the effect in the video demo (I think it´s VOX) is the only one I wouldn't perform, cause to me it´s transparent like a window.
When I bought V, and read through this effect I immediately knew what´s going on. It wasn't even a logic puzzle to me.
But I have the feeling that I missed something because everyone here likes it.
This is just VOX/VOX2.0, the other ones are great, and it´s a book I would recommend to everyone who likes the "object in hand" plot!

regards

kiki
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 29, 2017 08:26AM)
@Kiki
Thanks for the honest review Kiki. The routine in the video is Vox 2.0, you are right. There is a fine line between making an effect like that simple for the spectator to follow while making it deceptive at the same time. I have found this particular one to work well for lay people mostly because they are buying into the story of me trying to read them. I understand completely what you mean though when you say that you could see what was happening when you watched it. I have had the same experience in the past a few times but only with magicians (I believe this is because they are trying to find a different method than the one that is described in the presentation). Having said that, there are other effects in the book that I believe would have fooled people that would watch the trailer but this one was the only one that I could perform on camera for the viewers at home. I am glad you like the rest of the material as well. I am quite sure that everyone who buys this book will find at least a couple of things that they will like and they can add to their repertoire. Thanks again. Have a great day. :)
Message: Posted by: KiKi (Jul 29, 2017 08:54AM)
Hi Manos,
I bought V last year, and V2 few weeks ago. I really like the routines a lot! But just this one VOX doesn't´t work for me.
anyway, it´s a great book!
Message: Posted by: Last Laugh (Jul 29, 2017 04:13PM)
It's all great thinking, but for me Verbalist is the crown jewel! I kind of agree about Vox, though I'm sure it can work just fine with the right person.

But Verbalist.... is amazing and will fool almost anyone!

(I'm including Verbalist 2.0 here, though I like the original better personally)
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 30, 2017 03:46AM)
I am glad so many people like Verbalist.
Fun Fact:
Verbalist was the very first "which hand" routine I ever came up with after watching Atlas Brookings' effect Imbalance that was in his Penguin Live Lecture. If you visit Penguin's site you can still see my review under Atlas' Lecture that I left a little more than 2 years ago saying how much I loved Imbalance and that his lecture inspired me to start working on my routines. A few days later I created Verbalist, and right after that, I created what is now known as Tequila Hustler, because I wanted a one person version as well. Fast forward a little more than a year later, someone told me that Mark Elsdon had recently come up with a similar idea and after I showed Mark my routine he informed me that he came up with the same method and was planning on releasing it. We agreed that he was going to publish this idea in his book and I was going to publish the rest of my ideas. Of course, I also had a Skype session with Atlas because I wanted his permission before I publish Verbalist but I ended up fooling him with it because he wasn't able to spot that I was using a similar technique to Imbalance. He really enjoyed that one. :)
Overall, Atlas was a great help because he introduced me to Michael Murray who helped me publish the original "V". What is also funny about this story is that even though I decided not to include "Tequila Hustler" (that wasn't the name I had given it) in my book, I had no idea that this would possibly create mishaps for my book. Some magic shops were hesitant to pick up my book since they already had TH and did not want to stock 2 products that were so similar and I know that there were many people who thought "I already have TH, why should I bother picking up another book that has similar techniques?". Anyway, it all ended well for me and I couldn't be happier with the way this project was received by the community.
Sorry for making such a long post. I will stop here, just wanted to share some of my thoughts and some trivia behind my work with the rest of you.
Thank you all for supporting this project and for being so nice to me in my first publication. I am grateful to every single one of you.
Message: Posted by: Waters. (Jul 30, 2017 07:56AM)
I must be a bit slow. A few posts are calling VOX 2.0 transparent, but I followed along with the video and had a lovely moment as I was fooled over a screen. I don't want to watch it again (and I have not read this yet). If this is the weakest, I am blown away.
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Jul 30, 2017 08:58AM)
I agree Sean. I too had a lovely moment when taking part in the screen demo.

Well worth trying.
Message: Posted by: Prager (Jul 30, 2017 07:08PM)
[quote]On Jul 30, 2017, Waters. wrote:
I must be a bit slow. A few posts are calling VOX 2.0 transparent, but I followed along with the video and had a lovely moment as I was fooled over a screen. I don't want to watch it again (and I have not read this yet). If this is the weakest, I am blown away. [/quote]

Big fan of Vox 2.0, it's my favorite from the book. It's really direct. The process fits the premise perfectly.
👌🏻
Message: Posted by: Seth speaks (Jul 31, 2017 05:50PM)
I too was initially fooled by the trailer... and I loved it!! It was THAT moment that made the decision for me to purchase. But I see that the option for a physical copy is unavailable on MindFX... dang! Hope some good news is coming soon...

Seth
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 31, 2017 06:02PM)
In my opinion, all the routines in the book can be equally deceptive (maybe except Verbalist/2.0, maybe that one takes the cake in terms of deception). At the end of the day, I really believe it is a matter of preference. I am glad that everyone has found a routine that they enjoy performing. That was the point of it all and that's why they all made it in the book. So if you are saying that one routine really works for you but others prefer a different one, that's completely normal, no one is wrong about anything. Just different people with different tastes, that's all. :)
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Jul 31, 2017 06:28PM)
@Seth
I hadn't realized that the printed copies ran out on MindFx again until you mentioned it. I know that Michael has already made an order for more because Alakazam also sold out so I am assuming that he ordered his copies as well and more will be available in the next couple of days on MindFx.
Message: Posted by: danster08 (Aug 1, 2017 03:00PM)
Thanks Manos for sharing more of the history behind V. I find it very interesting. I also like hearing about the inspiration for the effect. This has encouraged me to pickup Atlas' lecture to see what he has to share. It is always great to hear what inspires creators like yourself. If I hadn't picked up RPL by Jay, I would not have spoken to him and discovered your work. It is great to share in this way.
Message: Posted by: bowers (Aug 1, 2017 04:59PM)
Atlas's lecture is also great.As a matter of fact.
All his work is alsome.You will not be disappointed
with V danster.
Message: Posted by: Shaukat (Aug 1, 2017 05:28PM)
I saw the video twice and I was fooled. It was amazing. There are certain effects that look transparent once you know the secret. Well, those who figured it out immediately will probably not feel comfortable performing it, but people like me will always remember how it felt when we first saw it, and I think this feeling will encourage us to perform. I haven't bought the book and yet I am writing all this. After I buy the book, this post will remind me how great this effect is. Well Done Manos!
Message: Posted by: John McLaughlin (Aug 1, 2017 08:10PM)
Yia Sou Mark! Do you make up the "prop" used in Velvet ? The brand I used are no longer available because the rights were sold to Meir Yedid. I spoke with Meir and he said he doesn't have anyone with time to make them. I just ordered Mark Chandaue's book (your manuscript led me to it.) Does he teach how to make his version, or are they commercially available?
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Aug 1, 2017 11:48PM)
@ John McLaughlin
Yia sou John. I order my envelopes to Barry Fazackerley (you can find him on Facebook) or his online magic shop www.blackcatmagic.co.uk
If you want to make them yourself, everything you need is in Harpacrown including pictures with the exact dimensions and instructions. You will also get much more from this book than just the envelope design.The book shows you exactly how to cut the envelope and how to fold it step by step to put it together. The instructions are not difficult at all, but I am so clumsy when doing arts and crafts that I always end up gluing my fingers to my eyebrows or something ridiculous like that. Barry, on the other hand, makes the envelopes look perfect and can also print something on them. Mine have a question mark on them. Not only do I like that design but it also helps me keep track of the orientation when I perform. ;)
Regarding the printed copies of V2 that were mentioned in another post, we ran out faster than expected almost everywhere and I was informed that new copies will be available again next week. Keep an open eye for that because they tend to sell out quite fast. :)
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Aug 2, 2017 03:30AM)
Even I get my Chandaulopes from Barry at Black Cat, he makes them so well.

Mark
Message: Posted by: carlwag (Aug 2, 2017 08:09AM)
[quote]On Aug 2, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Even I get my Chandaulopes from Barry at Black Cat, he makes them so well.

Mark [/quote]


Me too mark , I have some red ones coming too 👍
Message: Posted by: Max Hazy (Aug 2, 2017 09:16AM)
Verbalist is so good that it makes prevaricator obsolete imo. But I'm actually glad that TH was released separately... otherwise, I'm not sure I would've came up with my own ideas. I use the method to negate the method, then it's all about presentation.
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Aug 2, 2017 09:57AM)
Just received the printed publication from Michael Murray. So much nicer to have a book to hold and study, and well produced too. Something now to study and enjoy.

Neil
Message: Posted by: wizard75d (Aug 3, 2017 04:33AM)
This is such a wonderful evolution of the 'which hand' premise. Manos has succeeded in providing very simple and unencumbered instructions for the spectator involved, whilst burying the method and removing the ability to backtrack. I will be using this. I couldn't recommend highly enough.
Message: Posted by: Rolyan (Aug 5, 2017 12:28PM)
If you are into which hand routines, then this really is a no brainer.

The routines are direct and easy to learn, perform and understand. Routines for 1 person or multiple. Routines without even asking a question.

I personally love Verbalist, for the chance it gives for them to just THINK of the answer, which you reveal. Very powerful. Also, the routine on the Penguin video is exactly as written, so what you see is what you get. All of that, plus the extra bonus routine.

The only negative (this is very subjective, a personal opinion, which I know I will get flamed for by those who don't understand my point) is that the Penguin video misrepresents what the book looks like. That in no way takes away from the routines, and the book itself is nicely produced. But many of those who prefer books know that there is something hard to describe about the physical aspect of the book. To almost as if the book itself is a pleasure. Unfortunately the video suggests a hard bound book that is much bigger than the actual book. Its a very personal disappointment and I blame Penguin for it. Why not just show the actual book rather than misrepresenting it, it's a nicely produced soft back edition that should stand on its own merit.

However, it is not something that should affect anyone's decision whether or not to purchase it. The price point is spot on, and the routines are suitable for the hobbyist as well as the working pro. It can be done as mentalist, or magic, or mental magic, or reading body language etc etc etc.

Well written, well presented, and a very worthwhile addition to the collection of which hand effects.

Nice one Manos, well done.
Message: Posted by: Platt (Aug 6, 2017 07:52PM)
I love the fact that someone is putting out an actual book. I think it's noble that Manos did the video demonstration even though the very fact that it's a video leads you down the garden path. But very clever and I could see it working for the right audience (I imagine a child or slightly intoxicated adult could easily mess up the somewhat linguistically tricky instruction). But I'm looking forward to this.
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Aug 9, 2017 08:29AM)
Hello everyone.
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about my book. I am happy to announce that there are more physical copies available on the MindFx website so if you are still looking for one, now is your chance to get it before they (hopefully) sell out again.
@Rolyan
I know that the book looks different in real life than in the trailer on Penguin but since they are just selling the ebook and not physical copies, I assume they considered it artistic license. I am glad that the routines did not disappoint you nonetheless.
@Platt
The routine in the video is actually the one that is a bit more tricky to follow than any other routine in the book. All the others are more straightforward. However this was the one I thought would play better for the spectators on video that's why I chose it for the trailer. To give you an example of how simple other routines are, in "Verbalist 2.0" all you ask the spectators is "Is it in this hand?" and they can either lie or tell the truth. Thanks again everyone for expressing an interest in my work. Have a great day.
All the best
Manos
Message: Posted by: dancecoach (Aug 9, 2017 01:40PM)
[quote]On Aug 1, 2017, Shaukat wrote:
I saw the video twice and I was fooled. It was amazing. There are certain effects that look transparent once you know the secret. Well, those who figured it out immediately will probably not feel comfortable performing it, but people like me will always remember how it felt when we first saw it, and I think this feeling will encourage us to perform. I haven't bought the book and yet I am writing all this. After I buy the book, this post will remind me how great this effect is. Well Done Manos! [/quote]

Unfortunately, the demo video didn't do the magic for me, and I am quite puzzled about what I would receive in this book with a $35 price tag.
But the reviews on "Verbalist" are indeed intriguing.

I use x-ray in close-up situations successfully but am now looking for different methods to mix in for a stage performance in front of a clever audience.

Thanks,
Andreas
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Aug 9, 2017 03:13PM)
Andreas,
For stage I use Vice Versa all the time. This routine is not based on a l***c p****e and it has multiple phases. Feel free to contact me with any inquiries and I will be happy to walk you through all the routines before you decide if you want to purchase it or not. I want everyone who decides to buy my book to be happy with their decision and know exactly what they are getting. I can't really try to convince you by telling you how good the routines are because my opinion is biased. Obviously they are good for me but they also have to be good for you in order to make that investment. ;)
Thanks again for your interest.
Message: Posted by: dancecoach (Aug 9, 2017 05:05PM)
[quote]On Aug 9, 2017, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
Andreas,
For stage I use Vice Versa all the time. This routine is not based on a l***c p****e and it has multiple phases. Feel free to contact me with any inquiries and I will be happy to walk you through all the routines before you decide if you want to purchase it or not. I want everyone who decides to buy my book to be happy with their decision and know exactly what they are getting. I can't really try to convince you by telling you how good the routines are because my opinion is biased. Obviously they are good for me but they also have to be good for you in order to make that investment. ;)
Thanks again for your interest. [/quote]

Thank you Manos, pm'ed you.
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Aug 13, 2017 01:50AM)
Hello everyone. If you have purchased V2 you can now join the V2 owners discussion group on Facebook which you can find in the link below. There are already some interesting ideas in there. Please make sure you answer the question that is asked when you ask to join the group so that an admin can approve your request. Thanks in advance. :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1751105361848474/
Message: Posted by: Shaukat (Aug 14, 2017 02:36PM)
I bought the book from Michael a few days ago. It's a very well-written book with many great effects. Verbalist is my favorite. In fact, I just performed T.H. and Verbalist at a small family gathering and got Great reactions. Highly recommended.
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Aug 26, 2017 03:36AM)
Hello again everyone. Just wanted to let you know that Murphy's has stocked physical copies of V2 and it is now available worldwide through your favourite magic dealers. There's also a special discounted price from what I saw in some magic shops so if you are still considering getting one, now is the chance. I would also suggest joining the Facebook group for V2 owners after purchasing it. There are already some great ideas in there and I am planning to add something special in a couple of weeks from now. :)
P.S.: To be accepted by an admin in the Facebook group please make sure that you answer the question that appears when you ask to join the group. Thank you for your time. :)
You can find the group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1751105361848474/
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Sep 12, 2017 08:44AM)
Mentalists and magician friends. I would like to have your attention for a minute.
As you already know, I have shared my thoughts on the which hand plot in my books V and V2 the last 2 years. It was very important to me to do everything right in my first publication and one of the most important things I took into account was crediting. I wanted to make sure that everyone who had similar work would be credited and most importantly that my ideas had not been previously published. That was the reason that one of the logic puzzles, the one that is now known as Tequila Hustler, was left out of my book when I chatted with Mark Elsdon and he mentioned that he was going to publish it.
Of course, I did not take up such an important task by myself but requested the assistance of more knowledgeable mentalists such as Michael Murray and Max Maven among others who helped with the research and the crediting.
However, it looks like there is something that flew under everyone's radar. When I woke up this morning, I saw an email by a gentleman called Ryan Frame. In this email he politely pointed out that my routine Verbalist shares a striking resemblance to his routine ROTVARI which had been published as a bonus routine in Patrick Redford's "Prevaricator". I immediately looked into this and asked for the assistance of some friends who own Prevaricator. Initially, some of them told me that they could not find this routine anywhere in the manuscript but upon looking more closely we managed to find it in the e-book that is in the DVD. Huge thanks to Justin Saul for his help.
After looking into the routine I found out that the logic puzzle that I use in my routine and the logic puzzle that is used in ROTVARI are the same. There are differences in the routining, structure and how I handle one of the outcomes (when I get 3 of the same answers, I use a different technique than the one described in ROTVARI) but other than that it's the same.
I immediately contacted Ryan who understood that we both came up with the same method independently using different approaches. He was trying to use the same question as in Prevaricator but come up with a different method, and I was experimenting with detecting anomalies in spectators' answers as in Atlas Brookings' "Imbalance".
After our email exchange, Ryan has no problem with my book and he only suggested exchanging a few more ideas since we think in such a similar way. I could have kept quiet about this and no one would know about it. However, this is not how I like to do things. I would like everyone to know, and I would like everyone to hear it from me that Ryan Frame came up with the same logic puzzle I use in Verbalist and what I have done in my work is to refine it and come up with the second version (Verbalist 2.0) which is a little more different.
Even though Ryan did not ask me to say this publicly, I believe that now the record has been set straight. I have also contacted Michael Murray and asked him to edit the crediting section in V2 and add Ryan's name and routine. Have a nice day everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this.
Manos
Message: Posted by: JoelDickinson (Sep 12, 2017 09:17AM)
What brilliant crediting and hats off to Ryan for being such a gentleman. You guys should link up and create some amazing routines.
Thanks to Manos and Ryan for excellent contributions.
Message: Posted by: dancecoach (Sep 12, 2017 09:55AM)
Manos,
you're a gentleman, too. Thank you for the further references and details.
Regards fom Hamburg
Message: Posted by: Ben Blau (Sep 12, 2017 10:35AM)
While we are on the subject of crediting, perhaps it would be appropriate to remember who created Prevaricator in the first place.
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Sep 12, 2017 11:01AM)
It has recently been brought to my attention that Prevaricator was created by Ben Blau and it was written up and performed at the DVD by Patrick Redford. I apologise for the miscrediting in the above post which I cannot edit due to the way this site operates.
Message: Posted by: DrewBstoss (Sep 12, 2017 11:52AM)
Manos - you are a gentleman AND a scholar (this compliment has NEVER been more appropriate)!
Message: Posted by: RLFrame (Sep 12, 2017 02:20PM)
Manos has been great through all of this and has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Let me clarify a few points. ROTVARI was created before the Prevaricator DVD came out... by several years. It was not published. You might say that Prevaricator and ROTVARI BOTH were inspired by Ring Of Truth, Steve Shaw's routine that I read in Psychological Subtleties. Patrick was trying to replace the logic puzzle with something more direct and he used Ben Blau's observation to get a very reliable tell. I was a bit frustrated by one of the questions in ROT that was I felt was a bit confusing and which caused a guest now and then to answer incorrectly. Regardless of how you feel on this point, I asked myself, would someone claiming to be a lie detector ask that question? After much search I came up with a version that involved two guests instead of one and the ring found at odds of 1 in 4, instead of 1 in 2. And the questions asked are, "Do you have it?" and "Is it in your left hand?" which are THE two questions that a lie detector would normally ask in this situation. ROTVARI means ROT VARI ation.

Some time later I happened to be in e-mail communication with Patrick and he indicated that he was putting together the Prevaricator DVD project. I noted that, many might not attempt to perform Prevaricator because it requires some experience to do well and people don;t want to fail as performers. I offered him ROTVARI as way to bring Prevaricator to a successful conclusion even if no tells were forthcoming which would help people get started without worrying about failure. He liked it and put it on the DVD in the fail-safe section. Clearly, ROTVARI is NOT Prevaricator and so is in its own section on the DVD... but I do not think it is hidden in any way. If you put the DVD in and choose "play all" the fail-safe section will come up on the DVD and Patrick will explain ROTVARI. If you do not watch it through, of course, you will not see it.

Both Manos and I have since improved upon it in different ways. I really like the book V2 and have quite enjoyed corresponding with Manos since. He seems to be a class act and I look forward to good things from him in the future.
Message: Posted by: Patrick Redford (Sep 13, 2017 11:42AM)
I'm pleased this was all resolved quickly!

ROTVARI is an invaluable contribution to the Prevaricator project and really is the best "fail safe" one can have. It's such a useful technique and it IS taught in the video (not just in the 3-book. My variations of it with two and three people are also taught. Ryan Frame really introduced the missing ingredient that make Prevaricator sing the way it needs to sing and be the workhorse that it is. If you're one of the many who've over looked this section of both the e-book (that comes with the DVD) or the teaching section in the video of itself. Please revisit it! It's wonderful stuff. Thanks Ryan for being part of it. All these years later and I still think your contributions are really what made this such a solid piece of magic.
Message: Posted by: Ben Blau (Sep 13, 2017 05:35PM)
[quote]On Sep 12, 2017, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
It has recently been brought to my attention that Prevaricator was created by Ben Blau and it was written up and performed at the DVD by Patrick Redford. I apologise for the miscrediting in the above post which I cannot edit due to the way this site operates. [/quote]

The original core concept was mine. Patrick is the one who put in the hard work of developing it and making it work reliably. The core concept alone isn't enough to get the job done. Patrick determined exactly what the scripting needed to include to get the concept to function as intended in a reliable way. He did more of the "hard work" than I did, and since then it's been expanded upon by so many more people I've lost count.

Ben
Message: Posted by: Patrick Redford (Sep 21, 2017 09:29AM)
Ben's core concept was detrimental to the crash course in non contact mind reading that is known as Prevaricator. There is so much to learn (I'm always learning) and so much more to discover (I'm still discovering). Ben is a wonderful thinker in the field of mentalism and I'm pleased to call him friend. Combining this core concept with the logic algorithms, psychological bluffs, tetrid ploys, etc make it a complete package. My two favorite pieces of the puzzle that really make everything sing are Ben Blau's and Ryan Frame's!
Message: Posted by: Ben Blau (Sep 21, 2017 10:26AM)
I’m pretty sure that Patrick didn’t mean to type “detrimental”. 🤓
Message: Posted by: Patrick Redford (Sep 21, 2017 11:02AM)
How embarrassing. I didn't mean "detrimental." INDISPENSABLE was the word I was looking for.