(Close Window)
Topic: Joel Dickinson Volition highest recommendation!
Yes sir VOLITION has my highest recommendation. Use your business cards, no funky business, carry them with you and you will have a real fooler that can be performed using any theme.

http://www.tadaa.co.uk/ourshop/prod_4572727-Volition.html

And, at a more than fair price. My ultimate favorite new download!
I just ordered. Do they send you a link to download or does the download go to your email?

Greg
He sends it Greg.
John C, how does this compare with 'Free Will Of Order' by Jimmy Fingers?
Completely different scenario. I would almost say while there is some free will in this it's not what it's about really.
This is a fun different effect with business cards that is easy to do. I like easy.
Lovely, Lovely! Thanks, John, for the hint and compliments to Joel! And I agree, especially V.2 is extremely nice.

Little addition, it is the way I do it (if you wear a jacket – and do not worry, if you do not own the script you can’t understand or use it…): Before the spectator will put his card (his first choice) in his pocket (do not tell him yet) ask him to write his name on the front side of his card (you will find enough justification to do so… and you have the total focus on that card!).

“Search” for a pen, both hands go simultaneously in your outer jacket pockets, your left hand does what has to be done in there, both hands come immediately in view again, apparently everything looks unchanged, and without any pause your right hand continues to “find” the pen in your inner left jacket pocket. Your left hand – still holding the two cards – helps the right hand to uncap the pen.

Try it in front of a mirror, I wish you could see it – it really flies by and looks so innocent and normal - fooled my wife with it, and she knows me and my “strategies” VERY well. Jan
Yes, an interesting take on the Free Will idea. It is something you will probably carry around with you. I sent Joel two variations so far.

Greg
Little addition after a few tests more: Tell the spectator in advance – even before he makes his first decision – that you will ask him to put that card in his pocket – after he will have done something more with this card… (signing it later). Then there is nothing to backtrack, spectators will have no clue at all providing you have done cleanly your sw---h, what I have found to be the easiest part :)

The “idea” to announce ahead of time what to do with the first card came after listening to “well informed” people who are knowing strategies to tell people what to do after they have made a decision. I think you know what I mean. Jan

P.S.: I guess you can tell how much I do like Joel's working...
I'm going to blame greg and jan if I don't like this...ordered it...
Iain, it is so good that I extremely relaxed ... :)
Yeah, just had my first read through...you guys are blame-free...

THIS TIME! :wow: :)
And I can relax Iain :-)))))

I'm truly appreciative to you all for writing up your thoughts and sharing ideas, really nice.
If anybody has any questions regarding Volition then please get in touch.

Greg, your money idea is just brilliant. Really strong and well layered too.

Jan, that is how I perform the effect also. The participant is well aware that they will be making decisions, being so open heightens the impossibility.

V2 is my favourite of the two effects in my booklet, the first version is lovely however I just like the simplicity of v2.
How does this compare to Mark Elsdon's Tri Impromptu? Mark's version has been the one that I've been using for a long time. I absolutely love it, but always willing to give something else a shot if it improves on anything.
Joel, feel free to send any of my ideas to the buyers of Volition.

Greg
Hey Greg send me your money idea. I'm broke.
[quote]On Mar 23, 2016, Greg Arce wrote:

Greg [/quote]

OK then, Joel send me Greg's money idea. I'm still broke.
John, I love your sense of humour although it doesn't solve your money problem :)
[quote]On Mar 23, 2016, JanForster wrote:
John, I love your sense of humour although it doesn't solve your money problem :) [/quote]

No, Jan, no it doesn't. I still try though. You can only try. That's what my mother always says.
[quote]On Mar 23, 2016, Greg Arce wrote:

Greg [/quote]

What he said!😜
JD
Hey Greg, I will write your ideas into a document once I'm back from an event tonight and send it to you. If you're happy with the final outcome I'll send it to people who have purchased Volition. Does that sound OK to you.

Really happy with the positive feedback with Volition. V2 seems to be people's favourite also. I fooled a magician friend of mine lastnight with v2 and he tried to break the method down but he couldn't. Took just a minute to write the predictions & away I went.

Thanks again,

Joel
Sure. You can send it out.

greg
Nice move by Greg with a stack of cards. Very good addition.
Volition is brilliant. If you like the Free Will plot, you're in for a treat.
Joel has combined a couple of clever methods to a very deceptive and direct piece of mentalism.
For 7 GBP this is a real bargain - highly recommended.

Florian
A new addition will be added this evening. It's an excellent addition too for the working magician.
Joel.
Still highest recommendation.
[quote]On Jun 14, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:
A new addition will be added this evening. It's an excellent addition too for the working magician.
Joel. [/quote]

Will you be sending it out to those of us that have purchased this?

Robert
Hi Robert. Apologies for the delay. It is added in the bonus section. The link is in the PDF with the password.
Ok, thanks! I'll have to go back to the PDF, guess I'm getting forgetful in my old age as I didn't remember the link.

Robert
If for any reason it's not there then let me know.
There is a small possibility you have the PDF without the link. Let me know if that is the case.
Thanks a lot.
Joel.
This sounds interesting Joel.

And you got the endorsement of two (okay three!) of my favorite mentalists. I'm not gonna tell who they are! ;)

Congratulations on your release.

Best,
Ever
Thanks Ever.
I am currently working on a new method which shares similarities to Volition only this requires nothing other than three post it notes. The routine will be added once it is complete, this is not a worked routine however the effect is solid. I will keep everybody posted with this and it will be a free update and should be with us shortly..

Best wishes,

Joel.
I got this awhile back. This is really solid stuff. And I'm saying this after performing it a couple times. Good work, Joel.
Does either version require a jacket? I don't wear one, though I can, eg, switch decks of cards when reaching into trouser pockets for a pen, then finding it in my shirt pocket.
Would that sort of switch work here?
Joel, while I do not "need" this, I honestly purchased this as a result of recommendations from: John, Jan and Greg. All three are people I trust. I am looking forward to this!
[quote]On Dec 21, 2016, dafin77 wrote:
Would that sort of switch work here? [/quote]

Yes.
Amongst single effects, this is one of the best value purchases I've made.
This sounds great. Pulled the trigger last night and am anxiously awaiting my link 😳
Very, very good. Simple and elegant. Highly recommended!
I've been using V2 for a while, it's clever and invisible. Well worth the money.
Thanks, Max Hazy
Thanks for your feedback too. I love performing Volition.
Just got this, anyone doing the dirty work using something besides their pocket?
I have limited pocket space as it is.
I've been working on this using Mark Mason's Switch-A-Roo
[quote]On Aug 7, 2017, Jerskin wrote:
Just got this, anyone doing the dirty work using something besides their pocket?
I have limited pocket space as it is. [/quote]

I'd like to know the answer to this, I really like Joel's creations but I was a bit disappointed with this one due to the pocket fandango, it just seems a little obvious to me. I read...I think it was Jan Forsters work around on another forum?? But it still feels wierd as you can't justify the extra fandango.

Just to say I still love Joels work, Into the deep is my fav and has never failed me yet :) simple and direct!
Hi. The pocket Fandango shouldn’t put you off, trust me as I perform this exactly as it reads.
Glad you like Into The Deep. It’s now unavailable and only a handful of magicians and mentalists have the method or have even seen this work, you are on of them.

Back to Volitio, find the fandango for you and trust me this routine will stay a staple in your set.

Thanks again.

Joel.
This is a superb effect, just give it the time it deserves and you will be rewarded for it :)

Best Wishes Michael