(Close Window)
Topic: Shadow stack by Tom Crosbie
I use the shadow stack by Tom Crosbie. It is a great stack and has got a lot of hidden features. Any more features of this stack?
I was looking for some latest feedback on this one. But looks like very few seem to be actually using it.
I got the DVDs awhile ago, but did not find much in the way of usable material. Crosbie said he had been working with a memstack for something like four years. Really, that's all? It's OK for tricks to be derivative as long as they're well-engineered, but I was not too impressed with the thinking. For instance, he has a name-a-card Triumph. It's been done before, but fine. So which method does he use for this version? A push-through shuffle? A Zarrow? No, a cull. I love Kostya Kimlat's Triumph but does it make sense to run through the pack after someone has NAMED a card? Worst of all, one of those Wizard Product Review guys was in the studio helping with the explanations and he says something to the effect, "that is the best version of Triumph I have ever seen!" From my notes I see I flagged one item from the discs, and it's apparently based on an idea credited to Eric Richardson (but built into the "Shadow" stack).
Cain, thank you for the feedback. It was helpful.
Help is appreciated!
I saw Tom perform at the Edinburgh festival fringe this year - assume that Shadow Stack was what he was using. Excellent show - a most engaging performer.
What is it? Can the people touch the cards? I know nothing about about it. Only 8 kings stebbins and breakthrough. Sorry no help but can help me with information.
[quote]On Oct 24, 2017, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
What is it? Can the people touch the cards? I know nothing about about it. Only 8 kings stebbins and breakthrough. Sorry no help but can help me with information. [/quote]

Its a memorised stack rather than a cyclic stack like the ones you mention. Harder to memorise, but better "hidden" due to the random looking order. Other free stacks available (thinking of Aranson stack and the ebook he has published that is free). I sue Mnemonica.
Thank you Senor Matkin it helps to know. You said it's good because of "random looking order". This is why breakthrough I like so much.