(Close Window)
Topic: Incredihole
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6876

Looks awesome. What are your thoughts?

Patrick
Looks brilliant definitely going to get it,but my thought is the holes and fingers in it looks like a bit of faffing about,but the end result is worth it
I would be interested in hearing a few reviews from those that have it.
Looks pretty good...would buy it but I'm holding off buying too much magic so Ivan concentrate on the couple of books I've already bought.. I'm taking it slows...so that I get better results.... Unlike some people🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Received the email promo on this just a few minutes ago, it pays to go to school and learn a much a you can. Figured it out in a few minutes. It might be good for an in-between throw-a-way trick, but not as a stand alone trick as in the promo video. Very simple, and easy to do. Priced right for what it is. I think if you make up the cards with holes, and try it, you will soon see what is happening. And yes, it has to be presented just as in the video, no variations.
I think if the reset is quick it may be a worker.
Looks pretty obvious to me from the get go. Anytime I see a card with creases that don't HAVE to be in the card, I become sceptic.
When asking about the reset, I was told that I should make a bunch of gimmicks. That does not work for me with walk around. Pocket space is valuable. I will pass. Does look good though.

Patrick
I watched the demo ad and immediately thought, "I could use that." Had no idea how it was done.

I bought it ( On the Penguin special offer it was the price of a pint of beer.) Watched it demo'd again, and again, and still had no clue until the explanation section!

I'm looking forward to practising it: I think it's a terrific little trick. Contrary to Bill Hegbli's view, I think this could play quite big for walk-around and bar gigs. But it is best very close-up.

I hope it's one that I learn to like. Most tricks disappoint after trying them out for a while, (but it's not really the fault of the trick; it's whether it suits you or not, I think.)
Is the secret enough to where they can't recreate it if you hand out the cards? I forget the weird name of the bill trick where you cause one to penetrate the other with a quick "move" but left to the specs, it was say for them to recreate. How about this one?
I just like the name....INCREDIHOLE!

Insert your own prison jokes here_________________________________
I keep reading about a 'gimmick' in this. If this uses a gimmick, then you are doing it the hard way. Its just 2 cards with holes in them if I am not mistaken.
I don't want to say too much, but this isn't anything new and is really a variation of a Paul Harris idea.
[quote]On Apr 6, 2016, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I keep reading about a 'gimmick' in this. If this uses a gimmick, then you are doing it the hard way. Its just 2 cards with holes in them if I am not mistaken.
I don't want to say too much, but this isn't anything new and is really a variation of a Paul Harris idea. [/quote]

Agreed. And Cardboard Connection is a MUCH more powerful trick.
Pretty simple to see how it's done. I guess at <$6 people won't get too gouged, though this is exactly the kind of quick-hitter that has historically been published in magic magazines. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that someone actually released this commercially - but I am.

Really sad how the magic market has devolved...

Jim
Can't help thinking that there's a phase missing on the demo.
For a measly $15 you can own your very own classic Paul Harris DVD containing 23 effects including Cardboard Connection;
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16628
As soon as I purchased it and watched the explanation I then realized I could have figured this out. ;)

Seriously, nice quick effect. I like it.

J
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
For a measly $15 you can own your very own classic Paul Harris DVD containing 23 effects including Cardboard Connection;
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16628 [/quote]

You're making way too much of the supposed similarities between this and cardboard connection. They are COMPLETELY different effects, with methods that - at best - are only related.
Can the cards be given to keep? Can they reproduce it with the cards? Do you need two volunteers for the effect to work or can you use two fingers? Is anything left out of the demo?

Will you use this?
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, Powermagic wrote:
Can the cards be given to keep? Can they reproduce it with the cards? Do you need two volunteers for the effect to work or can you use two fingers? Is anything left out of the demo?

Will you use this? [/quote]

yes you can, you just need to make enough gimmicks to hand out, have them signed if you want, you could do this with one person, nothing is left out of the demo to worry about, I am planning on using this, just knocking up some gimmicks now!
This honestly looks very good and a nice cute quick fun effect. I thought you may have to steal something to ditch, but looks like you don't - which in fairness is a true demo. Thanks catweazle for the clarification
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, catweazle wrote:

yes you can, you just need to make enough gimmicks to hand out, have them signed if you want, you could do this with one person, nothing is left out of the demo to worry about, I am planning on using this, just knocking up some gimmicks now! [/quote]

So there isn't a bit missing off the demo where the cards are taken back and then put on the specs fingers for a second time ?
Yes, but like I said, its nothing to worry about....imo
Just watched the download. This is cool. You can even hand out the cards before and after you perform this. Same cards. No ditching. No slits. What a great effect. They can even keep the cards at the end but you will need to make up a new one. Very easy to make.
Extremely clear and lucid DVD, nicely done, congratulations. Got to be tried.
This is one of those classics where you buy it and watch the explanation, then right at the end you have it figured out.
That is what happened for me. That is my favorite kind of effect as well. 5/5 for explanation purposes.
Is it just me or has everyone else worked out the method from the exposure in this thread?
I don't think anything was given away. You might think you know. Betting you don't and might be fishing a little.
Can't wait to perform this and then switch the cards out for ones that have BIG GAPPING openings after the effect.
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
I don't think anything was given away. You might think you know. Betting you don't and might be fishing a little. [/quote]
Not fishing, I know how I would replicate the effect from the following things that have been posted:
"Cards with creases when they don't need to be"
Placing cards on fingers then taking them back before putting them on the fingers to perform.
Anyone with a knowledge of effects can recreate the trick from that and the demo.

Whether I am correct or not please neither confirm nor deny but I'd call that exposure.
But then this forum is full of that!
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, professorwho wrote:
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
I don't think anything was given away. You might think you know. Betting you don't and might be fishing a little. [/quote]
Not fishing, I know how I would replicate the effect from the following things that have been posted:
"Cards with creases when they don't need to be"
Placing cards on fingers then taking them back before putting them on the fingers to perform.
Anyone with a knowledge of effects can recreate the trick from that and the demo.

Whether I am correct or not please neither confirm nor deny but I'd call that exposure.
But then this forum is full of that! [/quote]

Everything you just said that was exposure was shown in the demo. So if it shows it in the demo how if somebody talks about it be exposure?
Exposure in that magicians can easily discern how a very simple trick is done from watching the demo and then a couple of them mention a few details that are clearly visible in the video? If that's what you're talking about then it would seem that posting that video in the first place exposes the trick.

Don't get me wrong, the intentional exposure of magic methods is a problem. And it starts with experienced magicians selling secrets to anyone willing to pay, including the general public, and using such video demos to market them! I personally don't think that the comments here in this thread you mentioned are a problem.

All just my opinion, of course.

Jim
Ive just watched the trailer again and your post is not accurate. The demo does not show all I have read and posted above.
It's a cute effect, not my style but a cute effect. If you can't see how the posts are exposure then you clearly have a higher threshold than me.
This was a reply to Mr Effecto.
Hello professor who, I made my comment (which you quoted above) based on what I saw in the demo. Therefore it is not exposure.

Plus, this part of the forum is open to speculation. That's precisely all I was doing :)
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
Can't wait to perform this and then switch the cards out for ones that have BIG GAPPING openings after the effect. [/quote]

You obviously do not own this. Or you would not of made such a uneducated comment.
The cards you start with are the cards you finish with and there are no gaps slits tears nothing of the kind.

Dave

Personally I wouldn't give them the cards to keep. Too much of a risk that they'd fiddle around and discover the secret IMO.
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Hello professor who, I made my comment (which you quoted above) based on what I saw in the demo. Therefore it is not exposure.

Plus, this part of the forum is open to speculation. That's precisely all I was doing :) [/quote]
Your comment alone I agree is not exposure because of the video, it is subsequent comments that have gone to far in my opinion. too much confirmation from others as to speculation can be a bad thing.
I am a novice when it comes to magic (I have only ever performed for family members - when I was a lot younger and had more time).

Was gonna purchase this (its only $5.95 from Penguin so relatively cheap) however, after watching the trailer just 2 times , its quite easy to work out how it is achieved. I am pretty sure I am 99% correct in my thinking and the fact that there are creases running down the center of the cards (which can be seen just before they are pulled from the fingers), confirms my suspicions.

I will say that the cards shouldn't actually be left with the spectators after the effect - if one of them folds the card along the crease, they will also realize how it is accomplished.
The thing is...yes there is a fold in the card...go for it, try it...it wont work....i can place the cards on the specs fingers, and leave them there....bet those that think they have it worked out...can't.
Huh ... Seems that I'm extraordinary stubborn on Incredihole ... Even after reading these posts , knowing there's a crease , and checking out the 50 seconds mark , and watching it multiple times , I still don't have a clue on how it works ( think it's just me ... ) . I'll just have to get it , I agree on PRINCE on this one , real world performances , the audience are only exposed to a single time of performance .
[quote]On Apr 8, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Huh ... Seems that I'm extraordinary stubborn on Incredihole ... Even after reading these posts , knowing there's a crease , and checking out the 50 seconds mark , and watching it multiple times , I still don't have a clue on how it works ( think it's just me ... ) . I'll just have to get it , I agree on PRINCE on this one , real world performances , the audience are only exposed to a single time of performance . [/quote]

Don't feel badly, I can't figure it out either. I think some people think other people are impressed if they say they've figured something out when in reality no one gives a hoot.
Huh ... Seems that I'm extraordinary stubborn on Incredihole ... Even after reading these posts , knowing there's a crease , and checking out the 50 seconds mark , and watching it multiple times , I still don't have a clue on how it works ( think it's just me ... ) . I'll just have to get it , I agree on PRINCE on this one , real world performances , the audience are only exposed to a single time of performance . [/quote]

Thanks mate... I thought I am the only one who is to stupid to figure it out myself. But hey... it fools me - so I have a good feeling that it will fool at least most of my specs ;-)
[quote]On Apr 8, 2016, SebastianGER-HH wrote:

Thanks mate... I thought I am the only one who is to stupid to figure it out myself. But hey... it fools me - so I have a good feeling that it will fool at least most of my specs ;-) [/quote]

Even the tricks that don't fool me, I can almost always fool my spectators with. We are magicians, we should get to the point that we aren't being fooled but we are easily able to discern what will fool our audience.

Most tricks don't fool me anymore, that's okay. But I can watch a demo and know the way I'd spin the performance would kill. This trick, yeah, it would be a fooler for a lay audience. Put the crease in the cards as you tear out the holes, now the reasoning for the crease is justified. And you "made-up" the trick in front of them.
So I just bought it and watched the explanation. Then I figured it out. Just kidding. I can and will use this for walk around. Great trick.

Patrick
Lol! This trick is great.
Yeah I dig the looks of this thing I think ill get it
This is a very good effect. I was surprised at the method. Very clever. You will need to do some simple and relatively fast arts and crafts. A very good effect for a low price. Recommended.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
This is a very good effect. I was surprised at the method. Very clever. You will need to do some simple and relatively fast arts and crafts. A very good effect for a low price. Recommended. [/quote]

Absolutely. Really liking this. Good convincers and everything justified. Gimmick is quick and easy to make. One build can be used multiple times unless you want to have it signed or given as a souvenir. Something which isn't a problem as you can have a bunch of these set-up beforehand and stored in your wallet ready to go. Looking forward to trying this out.
I want to ask something. Are the cards gimmicked or not ? Someone says no, someone says yes. I'm lost.

By the way, and to be honest, I don't think I understand how that trick is done. When people are talking about the crease and a method that is way too obvious, I started thinking about how it's done and if my suspicion happened to be true, it's a trick you teach to children, just like, say, the toothpick that vanishes behind your thumb (the thing Criss Angel explained in a tv show). But I don't think it's like this; I'm surprised it would fool people.
Sorry I haven't seen the demo I am thinking of incredible not the same effect . Where is the link for the one you are all talking about ? 😊
Page 1 penguin trailer Tarik
[quote]On Apr 9, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
I want to ask something. Are the cards gimmicked or not ? Someone says no, someone says yes. I'm lost.

By the way, and to be honest, I don't think I understand how that trick is done. When people are talking about the crease and a method that is way too obvious, I started thinking about how it's done and if my suspicion happened to be true, it's a trick you teach to children, just like, say, the toothpick that vanishes behind your thumb (the thing Criss Angel explained in a tv show). But I don't think it's like this; I'm surprised it would fool people. [/quote]
Sheesh, man. Just buy it! It's the price of a cup of coffee.
[quote]On Apr 9, 2016, Ross W wrote:

By the way, and to be honest, I don't think I understand how that trick is done. When people are talking about the crease and a method that is way too obvious, I started thinking about how it's done and if my suspicion happened to be true, it's a trick you teach to children, just like, say, the toothpick that vanishes behind your thumb (the thing Criss Angel explained in a tv show). But I don't think it's like this; I'm surprised it would fool people. [/quote]
Sheesh, man. Just buy it! It's the price of a cup of coffee. [/quote]

To be fair, a cup of coffee and a bagel.
[quote]On Apr 9, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Page 1 penguin trailer Tarik [/quote]

Thank you Prince 😊 Tarik
I'm confused. Is it one card or two?
Looks like 2 Cards am I wrong here ???
Well I performed it today and it fooled the person. I don't perform for magicians and I put the spectator at ease before I show a trick. I build their trust and the show some tricks that they can examine and then introduced this one. They did not figure it out.

Patrick
[quote]

Well I guess I'm an imbecile then, because if someone put the card in my hand afterward I still wouldn't know how it's done.

I think a few people think they know how it's done but don't have the slightest clue tbh., [/quote]

Cards..plural.

After reading your comment, I bought it at Penguin. I regret it, not only it works as I suspected, but more importantly, I don't believe this kind of trick should have been paid. There are some YouTube tutorial on easy tricks (rubber bands, bill change) that are more impressive that this one. And, as someone said here, that's the kind of tricks that should find in a magic magazine, tricks for children, etc. I bought the instant download, so I don't think it's possible to ask for a refund.

And if you tell me it will fool people, honestly, even if that's the expected outcome, I won't use it. I do not use a trick that do not amaze me; I don't find it funny to perform. I even prefer the toothpick trick (and it's easy to ditch naturally - so many ways) that I learned for free. Really... $6 for this.
[quote]On Apr 10, 2016, mh1001 wrote:

After reading your comment, I bought it at Penguin. I regret it, not only it works as I suspected, but more importantly, I don't believe this kind of trick should have been paid. There are some YouTube tutorial on easy tricks (rubber bands, bill change) that are more impressive that this one. And, as someone said here, that's the kind of tricks that should find in a magic magazine, tricks for children, etc. I bought the instant download, so I don't think it's possible to ask for a refund.

And if you tell me it will fool people, honestly, even if that's the expected outcome, I won't use it. I do not use a trick that do not amaze me; I don't find it funny to perform. I even prefer the toothpick trick (and it's easy to ditch naturally - so many ways) that I learned for free. Really... $6 for this. [/quote]

No one made you buy it so stop complaining. If you thought it didn't look good from the trailer then why would you purchase it?

So here's a hint for future purchasers. If you like what you see in the trailer, you'll like the effect. If you don't, you won't. It fools people and gets great reactions. Well worth $6
MH1001 wrote:

[quote]And if you tell me it will fool people, honestly, even if that's the expected outcome, I won't use it. I do not use a trick that do not amaze me; I don't find it funny to perform. I even prefer the toothpick trick (and it's easy to ditch naturally - so many ways) that I learned for free. Really... $6 for this.
[/quote]

Please think about this. You don't care if it looks exactly like it does in the trailer and fools people. You want tricks that fools YOU.

Buying tricks that have clever methods is a fun hobby but to a magician the effect on the spectator is what matters. Most of the best tricks have boring methods.

And that toothpick trick is a real fooler. It lets you do the same illusion that takes years of sleight of hand without a gimmick. It's a shame you learned it for free.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, deans6571 wrote:
[quote]On Apr 9, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
[quote]On Apr 8, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
[quote]On Apr 8, 2016, deans6571 wrote:
I am a novice when it comes to magic (I have only ever performed for family members - when I was a lot younger and had more time).

Was gonna purchase this (its only $5.95 from Penguin so relatively cheap) however, after watching the trailer just 2 times , its quite easy to work out how it is achieved. I am pretty sure I am 99% correct in my thinking and the fact that there are creases running down the center of the cards (which can be seen just before they are pulled from the fingers), confirms my suspicions.

I will say that the cards shouldn't actually be left with the spectators after the effect - if one of them folds the card along the crease, they will also realize how it is accomplished. [/quote]

WoW, Good for you. You know how its done. Then I guess no need to buy then. Who cares............LOL [/quote]

These are funny. If everyone's so smart and able to work these out why aren't these clever people creating their own effects. Oh yeah, because they figure it out right after they watch the explanation.

Oh, and Deans, you can leave the cards in the spectators hands so I'm doubtful you have a clue how this is actually done. [/quote]

Trust me - I DO indeed know how its done.

I could post my method here - if I don't own the trick (which I don't), would it still be classed as exposure?

Like I said - if you leave the cards in the spectators hands and they casually fold BOTH cards in half along the crease, it will 100% be plainly obvious how the illusion is accomplished, so again, as previously stated, I would not leave the cards with the spectators. [/quote]

Oh well ... This thread contains partial and little bits of hints everywhere ... , now when I read your post I'm suddenly enlightened about the method ...

If it's what I'm thinking , I don't see a problem with performing it in the real world . We aren't handling the cards to he spectators for a year , we're just handling it to them for a few seconds , don't think most is smart enough to piece those informations together .

Also , handling the card to two different spectators may help .
The trailer shows specs clearly putting their fingers into the holes on the card with no apparent funny business.

It then cuts to the card removal.

What is self evidently missing is a bit where the cards are probably taken back off the specs fingers and then repositioned on them after the dirty work. The way you see the cards and the specs putting their fingers into them on the demo is not a position from which you could do the trick.

If you'll look at the magic removal element I think you'll see that the magiciam is holding both ends of the cards for very obvious reasons.

So yep there is a chunk of dirty work removed. IMO
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, TuneHV wrote:

that's not a fair statement considering there is not an uncut, full performance in the trailer [/quote]

So what your saying the trailer is edited in a way which on the trailer you don't get to see the dirty work and this is not as clean as the trailer portrays?
Thanks [/quote]

Yes, I don't own this so I can't say for sure, but 90% of the time when a trailer doesn't show a full performance, they are editing out necessary moves to protect the method. So a trailer can appear to fool someone while the actual routine may not.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
The trailer shows specs clearly putting their fingers into the holes on the card with no apparent funny business.

What is self evidently missing is a bit where the cards are probably taken back off the specs fingers and then repositioned on them after the dirty work. The way you see the cards and the specs putting their fingers into them on the demo is not a position from which you could do the trick.

If you'll look at the magic removal element I think you'll see that the magiciam is holding both ends of the cards for very obvious reasons.

So yep there is a chunk of dirty work removed. IMO [/quote]

not quite, you can leave the cards on the specs fingers with you hands off....no problem...
you place them back on the specs fingers the same way as you do the first time, there is slightly more to it than just two folded cards..
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, catweazle wrote:
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:

So yep there is a chunk of dirty work removed. IMO [/quote]

not quite, you can leave the cards on the specs fingers with you hands off....no problem...
you place them back on the specs fingers the same way as you do the first time, there is slightly more to it than just two folded cards.. [/quote]

Thanks for clarifying
I did tried Incredihole based on my understanding currently , it did pass by the test , but did't get much of a strong reaction , they didn't get close to the actual method , but many mentioned they think it's possible that I somehow turned and twisted the card between their fingers and got it out .

mh1001 , have you tried performing it ?
Yes I have this trick, cost £4.31 with the exchange rate and it was worth the money IMHO.
I have just started out with actual practicing tricks / magic but read allot over the years and I like this as it is almost self working only a little miss direction needed. So it gives me a little more confidence in performance and patter knowing it will work when needed.

The fold I found no problem as I have it stored in my wallet already folded to fit in next to my credit cards so it just looks like that’s the way I store it. I found the video very helpful and concise and the little bit ‘crafting’ needed was no problem.
I would give this a 4 out of 5 form a beginner’s point of view.
Thanks.
It's a nice little effect, nothing earth shattering but still I applaud the creators for thinking it up.
I also carry it in my wallet folded to justify the folds in the cards. Only downside is the gimmicks wear quicker I think.
But not a big deal. This is something I probably won't do often, but nice to have just in case the situation seems right.
It was a worthwhile purchase for me.

I disagree with the poster who said it should have been free. Huh??? Don't get that thinking.
Tricks in magazines aren't free, you do pay something for the magazine or at least you should be paying something. Also, don't forget that magazines are subsidized by advertiser dollars in addition to subscription fees so advertisers are in essence paying for part of the published tricks as well.
Just because something is exposed on YouTube for free doesn't mean that any similar trick should be free. That's just a sign of being spoiled by the availability of information on the Internet.

Finally, could the mods please step it up a little on the moderating of a few of these threads. The incessant arguing has gotten particularly bad lately, with trolls just seeming to go around trying to stir things up even more than usual. This is supposed to be a fun site to visit IMO and it would be nice to have little less negativity thrown in your face.
That is flawed logic. OK then send me $6 and I will sending you something back. It is only a cup of coffee so you should have no issue sending me the money sight unseen, right?
Too many bad cheapies come out and you should know , make your own coffee at home and you could save $1000 a year.
Just my two cents.

Do you have to make a new set for each time you want to use it, if NOT handing it out? That is can you do it at the next table without any reset?
In theory you can use them repeatedly, in practice....not so convinced yet, but I'm still fiddling with my manufacturing techniques / equipment.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, catweazle wrote:
In theory you can use them repeatedly, in practice....not so convinced yet, but I'm still fiddling with my manufacturing techniques / equipment. [/quote]

Hi, had this for a week now and found using Zig 2 way helps with the repeatability of this effect. Still no problem keeping the cards already folded in my wallet, this explains the folds in them, that's how I store them :-)

Hope this helps.
Cheers!, will give that a go!
MeetMagicMike and Magician560, I am pretty sure I have answered both your comments. For some reason, my post disappeared. I don't know. But I won't try to copy and paste what I say, because I guess I will get punished (I didn't say anything nasty; only "learn to read"). So, briefly, the problem with Incredihole is that, knowing the method, I don't find it funny to perform. That's why I won't perform it, even if it fools people (and perhaps it won't fool smart people; I don't know, I haven't tried). If you do like it, good for you. my other problem is that I don't understand why a trick like this should be paid, especially at this price. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping something better, crazier in the method.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
MeetMagicMike and Magician560, I am pretty sure I have answered both your comments. For some reason, my post disappeared. I don't know. But I won't try to copy and paste what I say, because I guess I will get punished (I didn't say anything nasty; only "learn to read"). So, briefly, the problem with Incredihole is that, knowing the method, I don't find it funny to perform. That's why I won't perform it, even if it fools people (and perhaps it won't fool smart people; I don't know, I haven't tried). If you do like it, good for you. my other problem is that I don't understand why a trick like this should be paid, especially at this price. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping something better, crazier in the method. [/quote]

You posted all this once and it got deleted. Let it go. We get it, you're very cheap and angry that you wasted $6. $6! A cup of coffee and a bagel.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2016, deans6571 wrote:

I will say that the cards shouldn't actually be left with the spectators after the effect - if one of them folds the card along the crease, they will also realize how it is accomplished. [/quote]

More fishing. I love it when people fish, and then assume they are right. I'm not going to even comment on your post as it might get you closer to your fish. So, I'm not even going to say you are wrong.

KJ
So, I have been working with this a bit and it seems to me that the gimmick is only good for one performance, maybe two at most before it needs a little "maintenance".

KJ
I'm late to the party, but I just got an email from PM advertising this.

As I understand what is happening, there are other effects that use the same principle. One that I thought looked the best was a shoe lace that is wrapped around a spectator's out stretched finger (completely encasing the finger); the magi gives a *small* tug on the ends, and the shoelace is now above(below, or to the side, depending on..). It looks like the shoelace just melted through the finger - no other motion is observed(as is seen w/ incredihole). Yet, incredihole seems to not look as childish as the shoelace method.

FWIW
John
This is a great effect, and a great bargain. Allow me to suggest two improvements. 1.the explanation says that the fact that the cards reverse is unoticible and not an issue. the first time I tried this with my harshest critic (my wife), not only did she notice it, she also noticed that when she looked down into the cards on her fingers, she saw both sides of the same card instead of half of each card. So my solution was to use two of the same card. 2.then she says, by having two of the same card, it screams gaff. So now I use two jokers, (two in the deck), now she is not only happy with the effect, she still does not know exactly how the cards escape her fingers. hope this is helpful
Jokers make sense yes