(Close Window)
Topic: The Traveler, Gimmick and Online Instructions by Jeff Copeland
Hey Guys,

New prerelease coming out that we are excited about!

The Traveler Coin Wallet is epitome of style, form and function, designed with the serious coin worker in mind. Originally crafted to hold and carry your prized coins & small wares, Jeff has ingeniously added a special feature to The Traveler that allows it to double as a utility gimmick that will allow you to also perform killer coin magic.

Each Traveler is meticulously selected from the finest, cured goat leather, and individually hand sewn by a seasoned, leather tanning artisan. Each Traveler will also include a secret URL that will deliver five original routines from Jeff's working library to use with your new Traveler Coin Wallet.

The Traveler is the world first coin wallet to infuse magic and aesthetic function into one unique coin wallet that will gain natural character over time.

Check out the trailer at our site, and preorder now!

http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/the-traveler-gimmick-and-online-instructions-by-jeff-copeland/

Ships out on the 18th of this month
Love the object, the look and the way it's made :)
I absolutely love this. Like Alexis said, not only the look, but also the way it is made. I can see myself using it
This looks great, the shape the look etc.

We have it listed here and look forward to getting this next week.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/the-traveler--gimmick-and-online-instructions--by-jeff-copeland--trick.html
I met Jeff at Magi-Fest while we were both filming some projects. This thing is amazing, as soon as I saw it I worked out a trade with him to get my hands on one. Its now a part of my everyday carry. They're incredibly well made, and the secret bit he added is a HUGE plus. If you are a coin guy, You'll have to pick this up for sure!
Looks nice. I ordered 2 from Penguin. Pulling the jumbo coin from the purse looked wild.
It sure did look wild! I also put in for two. I've been enjoying those round style versions but this will be much much nicer.
I just sat down with Jeff to do a little Q&A about [url=https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/the-traveler/]The Traveler[/url]

Hopefully this answers any questions you may have.

[youtube]ocnwXuFn2Fs[/youtube]

-Kyle
I could be wrong, but that reminds me of a change bag.
Mh this is made completely out of leather, so there are no mechanisms whatsoever
Thanks for the precision. Whatever the "mechanism" is, the effect really is awesome. I already own a himber purse, the Dean's Coin Wallet, to do this kind of changes but I see no reason why I won't buy this one. It seems possible to do the change without closing the wallet.
Got 1 on order, cannot wait to start using this.
Looks really nice, I already ordered one. I'm really curious how it is gaffed, but I will mainly use it for carrying around my coins.
Is there a recommendation on the specific jumbo coin to use for one of the routines?
I'm looking to order the Traveler....
[quote]On Apr 14, 2016, gnomad wrote:
Is there a recommendation on the specific jumbo coin to use for one of the routines?
I'm looking to order the Traveler.... [/quote]

Looks like just about any 3 inch jumbo coin should work, which is great - because you can use your favorite.
What a nice carrier for coins, it is so great to have it as an utility tool too.

What is the song played in the video? It is very nice. Sorry for the off topic posts but just could not resist !
I liked this coin wallet, it has style, love it,
***, promised myself I wouldn't buy any more magic for 6 months and then I saw this !! Double *** !!
Does anyone know if coins / small objects be loaded into the gimmick in the closed / folded position then opened to show said object.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2016, Craigers wrote:
***, promised myself I wouldn't buy any more magic for 6 months and then I saw this !! Double *** !! [/quote]

That's the danger with watching new releases ;)
[quote]On Apr 17, 2016, laccal142 wrote:
Does anyone know if coins / small objects be loaded into the gimmick in the closed / folded position then opened to show said object. [/quote]
Hey that's a good question. Can someone tell us if the gimmick can be used with other objects than coins ? (e.g., ring, folded cards, bills)
Just received these and they are AWESOME!

Order today and have yours Wednesday or Thursday in the US, next week international.
If you are contemplating, don't - this is something you will keep in your pocket from here on out.

-Andrew

http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/the-traveler-gimmick-and-online-instructions-by-jeff-copeland/
I was a fly on the wall at magi fest one year and jeff performed this for me he then showed a group how this functions. I can attest to the sheer beauty of this device
smooth and sophisticated with a built in super weapon.
i can't speak highly enough about this product
I'm saving up for it now should be able to buy it in a month
i can't wait!!
Just got notice that mine has shipped, can't wait.
Looks to be a great coin wallet even if that's all I end up using it for. :)
I have two on their way but I believe I will order some more for Freewill and Monte type effects!
Awesome looking wallet..
[quote]On Apr 18, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
Just got notice that mine has shipped, can't wait.
Looks to be a great coin wallet even if that's all I end up using it for. :) [/quote]

Isn't that what it is?
According to the ad it is a coin wallet AND MORE.
Not sure what the "more" is as that is just just gravy for me.
I bought it because I like how it looks and I need a new coin wallet anyway, and this one was reasonably priced as well.
But naturally, I'm hoping that the "more" proves to be very useful but that wasn't the main reason I bought it.
I'd love to see this in a more rounded version. I think it would sit in the pocket better.
My girlfriend will offer me the wallet next monthhhhhhh *-*

can't waiiiit
Steven, I've had mine in my pocket daily since Magi-Fest, it fits really well and you won't even notice its there
Which effects do you use with the wallet? :)
Guys!!!!!
free shipping to canada at penguin magic
whoooooooooo!!!!
soo excited
Received it yesterday. It looks and feels great! It is really well made, but will take some time to be worked in. The effects he teaches are great, but will also require some practice. Besides being gimmicked in a clever, subtle way I never had a coin wallet that feels good when carried in my trousers pocket. Definitely a recommendation
I recently received two of these. I watched the video and was blown away! Three hours of some of the most excellent instruction!

the coin pouch is awesome, and to my amazement, the video was even better! The "tunnel" move is really good.

With so much magic today, you are lucky if the real thing even comes close to the trailer. This is one of those rare releases where the trailer is excellent and the real thing is ten times better than the trailer.

This is the way everyone should release products. Give people more than they expect.

KJ
I agree with KJ on all points.
The video was 10 times better than I expected and the wallet itself is great.
The video contained a lot of really good coin moves that were new to me and most weren't even dependent on the wallet. I got a LOT out of it.
I'm now considering purchasing 1 or 2 more.
Fantastic quality and the instructions are very thorough. After watching the demo, I thought I knew what gimmick had to be. I assume most of you had same idea in mind. Well, I was completely wrong. Not even close. So the gimmicked aspect totally fooled me.
Haven't been able to even finish watching the whole video yet, he presents a lot of material so this may have been covered.
But it occurred to me that concealing a magnet in the wallet could open up some interesting possibilities if using certain coins.
Just something else to play around with to spur the imagination.

This is an extremely high quality and useful prop. Anyone who does any coin magic should have one (or more.)
Very reasonably priced for what you receive too.
I think I'd have to score this a 10 out of 10. Can't find a single fault with it.
I'm very impressed by this whole package.
The wallet itself is very cool and it comes with the best online instructions in quite a while.
Great purchase.
[quote]On Apr 23, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
But it occurred to me that concealing a magnet in the wallet could open up some interesting possibilities if using certain coins.
[/quote]

You cannot know how much I love magnets. Still, I don't see where you can insert a magnet here. Let me (or us) know if you have found a way to use such a tool.
Hi guys
I am a relative newbee to coin magic, and I was wondering if anyone would recommend this for a begginer. Are the effects that are taught with this a bit too advanced or are they within reach of someone like myself
Many thanks
I bought it, and you get a lengthy video. Most of the moves he will teach you are either intermediate or advanced. Not for beginner. But there are still some basic, easy, moves you can do. One easy effect you can do is the trick you can do with the Endless Coin Tray. Say, you show 2 coins, put them in the wallet, and you do a magical gesture, and you take out three coins. Or you can do a coin switch, just like any himber coin purse. But the latter is easier to handle than the traveler.
Guys!
great news I've been saving up and I get to put in my order tonight or tomorrow thanks to the blessed flat pack shipping over at penguin
so excited!!!!!!
Mine arrived yesterday. Really well made item, and the 3 hour video is excellent.
While many of the moves are a bit advanced (for me, at least) it's giving me something to strive for.
[quote]On Apr 23, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
[quote]On Apr 23, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
[/quote]

You cannot know how much I love magnets. Still, I don't see where you can insert a magnet here. Let me (or us) know if you have found a way to use such a tool. [/quote]

I havn't yet tried anything, but I imagine if you insert a magnets plate in the gimmicks, you can almost do a chop cup routine, the only different is you are using the leather wallet.
[quote]On Apr 24, 2016, AceFace wrote:
Hi guys
I am a relative newbee to coin magic, and I was wondering if anyone would recommend this for a begginer. Are the effects that are taught with this a bit too advanced or are they within reach of someone like myself
Many thanks [/quote]

Hi. This would be a really good prop to have for a beginner. The coin pouch does a lot of the magic. I would say that the instruction video may go into some moves that may be beyond your skills at this point, but you will also learn some really simple things you can do with this. I have been doing coin magic for many years and I worked out a little routine with the coin pouch that uses the simplest of moves.

All the best to you.

KJ
Very beautiful wallet!
I'm very happy with mine and the routines provided are excellent...You can't go wrong with this. I'm not sure if anybody's tried this yet but the wallet has potential to be an excellent switching device for billets in mentalism. The cardstock would have to be heavy but it seems like it could be a viable option.
I just received it. I love everything about this wallet! It's pretty rare to see such a functional prop with stylish looking for everyday use! I might order another for my personal use for change. One of the best purchase over the years!!
This is very nice I love the way it folds up and opens.

We have it in stock here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/the-traveler--gimmick-and-online-instructions--by-jeff-copeland--trick.html
[quote]On Apr 28, 2016, Jared wrote:
I'm very happy with mine and the routines provided are excellent...You can't go wrong with this. I'm not sure if anybody's tried this yet but the wallet has potential to be an excellent switching device for billets in mentalism. The cardstock would have to be heavy but it seems like it could be a viable option. [/quote]

That is a great idea! I'm sure that could be done with a small billet.

BTW, the routine I use is very similar to his excellent routine where the coins change size. However, rather than a dime, half dollar, and jumbo coin, I use a miniature quarter, a regular size quarter, and a jumbo quarter. It is awesome!

KJ
One more thing: In my routine, it starts with a borrowed quarter. It turns into a miniature quarter, then back to the normal quarter, then into the jumbo quarter. I then hand the person who loaned the quarter the jumbo quarter, they see the jumbo quarter going into their hand, but they are left with the borrowed regular quarter. The routine does involve an additional gimmick, if anyone is interested, send me a PM.

KJ
I just got this and love it. Beautifully made, ingenious, functional and subtle.
It's not going to work with billets. Way too light.
Hey Gang, I'm not active on this site, but I wanted to drop a line and say "Thank You!" To this community for the overwhelming support to my project! Im glad to see so much interest and activity about my work. If you have Traveler then you have a link to a private Facebook group. (It's just below the streaming video on the Murphys video instruction page. ). Some folks from around the world are already posting videos to some of your thoughts and questions. For example, There is a kid from Malaysia working on some switches that might interest the mentalists here. Maybe his thoughts will help you or you can help him. I'm a coin guy, so I'm excited to See different applications with it and that is what I set up the page for, to have a think tank on how to do new things. If you don't have Traveler, you can direct questions at me. I'll try to check in to the Café the next couple of months and answer your questions.
Im definately going to buy this I always got coins jangling about in my pockets so this will solve that little problem and give me a new trick on the spur of the moment, all the reveiws so far make it like its a good weapon to have in the arsenel
I have bit the bullit and ordered it today so it should get here tomorow with special delivery and the dealer has sent me the vidio password already so I can start watching a tutorial right away good service there,so here I go I think Im going to like this one
I have watch the video and the bloke is one of the best coin magicains I have ever seen he is Brillaint, the purse thing looks like its some good fun but its what his coin skills are what is the brilliant thing about it, I should get my one tomorrow so I'll say what its like then
My one just arrived a nice prop and hidden secret is tucked away nicely, I will spoend the next few days making it my own like it says in the video so here I go
It looks like a good portable way to perform classic wild coin routines instead of using a cup. And sounds like it could also be used to start and end clean! I will definitely be getting this!
This is a great release with excellent teaching to supplement the beautiful quality wallet. It would have a whole range of applications - I wondered about using it to help start Troy Hooser's Charming Chinese Challenge - let the reader understand. I've done a full review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/07/24/jeff-copeland-traveler-review/
[quote]On Apr 15, 2016, Jonathan Caner wrote:
What a nice carrier for coins, it is so great to have it as an utility tool too.

What is the song played in the video? It is very nice. Sorry for the off topic posts but just could not resist ! [/quote]

Waiting for this to arrive as well. What 'is' that song in the video ? Very creative and fits the production almost perfectly.
It's a very nice coin wallet, not only useful, but also a conversation piece. It is made out of genuine, high-quality goat leather. However, this turned into a problem, as one of my dogs decided it smelled so good that it must be food. He chewed up the box it came in - and the wallet has vanished. Not the trick I was hoping to use it for.
Absolutely love my Traveler; goes with me everywhere !
Haha that's why it called the traveller then :)
Amazing quality and very nice instructions! Can't wait to try some out.
[quote]On Jan 2, 2017, RitalDino wrote:
Amazing quality and very nice instructions! Can't wait to try some out. [/quote]

Hope it does well for you! Don't forget to join the Facebook group and share your experience. Link is under the video on the password protected page.
Just wanted to add my support for this product. The wallet is very well made and the instructional video is fantastic. Many great ideas taught, and very thorough. Great bargain!
I love the wallet! When I first got, I loved the built-in 'thing', yet I am finding myself just using the wallet as just a wallet. It's cool that it has the name engraved, as I then perform a three fly. This means that I show them the wallet and ask them to read what the wallet is called. They will say The Traveler. And I say, "You know why it's called like that, because it holds traveler coins!". Remove the coins and perform a coins across. I don't leave my house without it!

-Alex
Hey Friends. I know most of you have been supportive of Traveler and I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU! Well it's been a whole year now since it's release and I've got something brand new to share. It's called Tresor. I know you are going to like it. Before anyone says I'm hijacking this thread for another product. I have a routine on Tresor that features your Traveler wallet, so am updating that there is now a 5th routine that can use Traveler and part of this product is the perfect companion to another one of the routines in the Traveler vid as well. I really think this is the group of people that needs to know about the new release! Hope you guys will check out the Trailer: https://shop.copelandcoins.com/products/tresor
That sounds very worthwhile....will additional tiger coins be available as well?
I NEED one of these ... NOW !
[quote]On May 29, 2017, m.o.pfeil wrote:
That sounds very worthwhile....will additional tiger coins be available as well? [/quote]
Yes, the additional coins are available now. Sorry I'm just now seeing your post.

Here:https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/tiger-tan-coins
[quote]On Sep 5, 2017, MitchC wrote:
I NEED one of these ... NOW ! [/quote]

Hey Mitch, did you get one? I have a free shipping option! https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/traveler-coin-artists-wallet

thanks for checking it out!