(Close Window)
Topic: When Were They Created
I would be grateful to learn what year Conrad Haden invented or initially marketed his "The Silver and Two Copper Transposition." Also would appreciate knowing when Pressley Guitar created his "Copper/Silver/Brass" adaptation. If possible, please cite sources for this information. Thank you.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Apr 30, 2016 09:25PM)
Here's a link to the patent
https://www.google.com/patents/US3822879?dq=ininventor:%22Guitar+P%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVo4Gi6LfMAhXsn4MKHdoDBkEQ6AEIHTAA
You can find advertisements by Pressley Guitar in the International Brotherhood of Magicians Linking Ring Magazine from the late 1970's. As far as I know, Pressley Guitar was the 1st to create his coin effect and routines. Then Johnson Products copied most of his items. Later everyone copied his work and he soon went out of business.

I met him at a magic convention once, he was a nice person, and got the impression he was a kind of tired making his products. That is more of the reason he no longer makes anything, then others competing and taking his products.
Strangely enough, things have come full circle and Mr. Guitar's vintage items sell for high prices these days. He has become something of a legend in the world of magic collectors and connoisseurs of fine props.