(Close Window)
Topic: Favorite illusion
So what are your favorite illusions?
Of all time? Has to be Copperfield's Death Saw! The original version, as shown on his TV special (was it 1989?). The Youtube versions aren't directly from the TV special, as the backing music is different, and the timing is slightly different. On his original TV special, he used Died in Your Arms, by the Cutting Crew. Whereas the Youtube versions have Enigma - Principles of lust as the backing music.

The next one has to be Kevin James' Cutting in Two. Completely fooled me! The method did not even occur to me. I had to ask another magician how it was done. And even once I knew, I was still impressed.
David Copperfield's Thirteen was pretty impressive.
I agree witj Tally, the death saw is still the best Illusion, seen him perform it twice live,
one hell of a big prop, but its the first time ive ever stood up when I saw it on TV and thought WOW.
after this his FLYING so beautiful to see
My all time favorite is Copperfield's ONE...I remember being awestruck the first time I saw it.
My all time favorite has always been seeing through a woman aka "disembodied princess" as performed by David Copperfield.
Agree with toneill Copperfield's ONE is legendary.
I'll go with Blackstone's Buzz saw. Never was lucky enough to see Sr. perform it, but I did see Jr. perform it twice.
I know a lot of magicians don't like the sword basket but I think they don't understand its motivation or the theater behind it.
Message: Posted by: illusions & reality (Nov 14, 2016 10:08PM)
I have 2:

Alan Wakeling's Excalibur & Hans Moretti's Cardboard Box.

Lou
Richiardi's sawing a woman in half.
My Dad took me to see " Festival of Magic and Occult".when the tour was in Pittsburgh..... I was around 15 yrs. old.
This was the closing effect.
When the blood flew, my Dad said.." What the hell did you bring me too". With a grin.
We thought the whole show was incredible!
Shooz
P.S. My Dad saw Houdini jump off a bridge in Pittsburgh when he was much younger. Cool!
Hello,
I have 2 too:

Double levitation or Double flying because it involves feelings.
Suspended Animation, because it is extremely fast and inexplicable for the audience.

Lol
This guy is good. Very entertaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHRLBd0KkMo
[quote]On Nov 18, 2016, FelixKraus wrote:
This guy is good. Very entertaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHRLBd0KkMo [/quote]

Voronin is one my favorite. He has strong character match with the act. Cant be copied.
Classic Sub Trunk one of my favorite as it s plays big. It s simple prop but with perfect timing will be best.
The crate looks normal and evrything doesn't looks like magic prop. Very deceptive
In my opinion Copperfield's one illusion is without any doubt the most magical illusion still in the world, of course I am a big fan of Copperfield, but every (almost) illusion he perform is great, becouse of the atmosphere he create around the illusion..the light, the sound and the visual....everything is theatrical and beutiful.

but beside Copperfield I like Penn & Teller's latest creation helium escape...funny, visual and stupid...with a great ending.