(Close Window)
Topic: Schultz degrees of bore-dom
I seem to have great difficulty getting this to come out reliably. I've been through it many times but it is inconsistent regarding outcome. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Hi T Wizard-

Happy to discuss with you. Curious to see where your sticky point is?

Ryan
Thanks for popping in and offering to help Ryan, that's awesome. I have a feeling I may have been following the 'rules' wrong. Just to check: As well as getting 3 hearts and 2 blacks via the back-to-back, face-to-face rules, I also have to ensure 6 face up at the same time, correct? I think I may have been focussing on getting the 3 and 2, but sometimes ending up with 7 face up.

Hope that makes sense :)
Hmmm.... That's still not it. It seems one can do that and still have it come out with 7, even 8, cards face up at the end. Confused???
It seems that in the final stage there has to be 6 cards in each pile before 'smooshing' them together, correct? It seems that from the deal stage and then the grab, turn over and add to the other pile stage, I was not ensuring there were equal numbers in each pile before the flip and smoosh stage. Hence I was ending up with more or less face up cards. Does this sound right?
Just noticed I spelled your name wrong. Apologies.
Hi TG... sorry been away all day.

You should start with with the 7D & 8D at the back of the face up pile. It will make it a lot easier to go through the rules. Then you need to make sure going through the rules to set the cards. How are you setting them? You are making sure you are setting 3 reds and 2 blacks right? If you like you can send me a video of you doing trick and I can see what you are doing. Happy to help.

Ryan
No worries, Ryan. Yes, I'm setting the 3R and 2B, but it seems I also need to ensure that there's 6 face-up as well, and that there's an equal number of cards in the final two piles before combining. Is this correct?
If I can figure a way of sending you a video I'll do so :)
Well if you set thr 3 red and 2 black plus the diamonds then the you don't need to worry about what is face up or facedown. That is he beauty of it. It will
Just work out I found follow my remains instructions.

Ryan
But that doesn't seem to work for me. At the end, when there's just two piles, should there be an equal number of cards in each pile before putting them together?

I will PM you later with a detailed run through I've what I'm doing and the result, and if you see that I'm doing something clearly wrong you can let me know. I hope that's ok? Thanks for helping out :). It's been driving me nuts!
No worries. I just answered your PM pretty sure I see the issue.

Ryan
I've replied, I'm not sure :). We'll get there, though. Thanks for the prompt response.
Ryan has been very generous in helping me via PM :) Thanks!