(Close Window)
Topic: What do folk uses minis for?
I canon,y really think of using them as part of a revelation. What do people use mini decks for?
"Would you like to see a little card trick?" Said with a smile this corny opening line just about always gets a smile back and an affirmative response; then you're off to the races!

Most of the tricks you would perform with a standard size deck can be performed equally as well with a mini. (Easier to ring in a cold deck, too.)

Julie
There are lots of tricks where normal size cards appear to shrink to small size. It could be a selected card, the whole deck and even the card box.
Try a search for Shrinking Cards, Diminishing Returns, Micro Macro, Shrinking Card Box, Squeeze.
Troels
This mini deck effect by Michael O’Brien and Ray Wickham is pretty slick - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9759
Julie: I know that this reply is 2 years late--apologies! I just loved your tip about "a little card trick" and will likely use it--thanks. Also, I agree completely that "Most of the tricks you would perform with a standard size deck can be performed equally as well with a mini." Recently I added some ink marks by hand to the backs of a couple of mini decks (a tedious task, BTW), and find that they are almost as legible as on regular size decks. I can't wait to perform a "mini-miracle" using them and doubt that anyone will ever suspect that they are there.