(Close Window)
Topic: Need infos for Excaliber by Milan Forzetting
Dear fellows

Before I buy the plan of Excaliber by Milan Forzetting I would love to hear any infos or video of this.
Basically the effect is there a sword impaled in a stone. Covered with cloth...the sword pulled and change to girl or magician.

Thanks so much. Any infos will be very appreciated.
I thought this was only reserved for certain builders? I may be wrong. I love the Excalibur!
[quote]On Jun 2, 2016, Zlwin Chew wrote:
I thought this was only reserved for certain builders? I may be wrong. I love the Excalibur! [/quote]

There are 2 illusions with the Excalibur name this one was put out in plan form ( I have it somewhere but never built it). I think the other one was Mark Wilson's. I have never seen the Sword in Stone version performed.
The original Excalibur, sub trunk with swords, is mr Wilson's concept . Mr. Gaughn can build these and Greg Wilson also produces it using a few talented people to construct it (with someone very close to me being part of the construction team).

Mark was very creative at taking two different illusions and combining them to being the standard illusion topped (usually) by an assistant appearing at the end as a kicker.
He doesn't get the respect today, as he did a few years ago.
Respect your elders and they might allow you to stand on their shoulders making advancements based on new technologies and current styles.
Mark Wilson is an amazing magician that inspired many generations, but wasn't the idea for Excalibur from Alan Wakeling?
You are right Ray, It was Alan's invention and first build for Mark's show.
Excaliber by Milan Forzetting is a 10 or so page (probably a pdf by now) manuscript of an appearance - in no way is it similar to the Mark Wilson version other than it uses a sword. This is an appearance, Mark's was a meta. It came out in the 90s? along with a self levitating mirror levitation (which I actually did build - with a lot of modification and improvements from the original plans - for a corporate event) - MY personal opinion (and it is only that) is that for me it sounded a lot better than the practical outcome - but again this is no slight to Milan (who is very creative and brilliant), it just was not IT for me. But it may be exactly what you are looking for. Hope this helps. It was not that expensive for the plans so I would say go for it - you always learn something that can help you in the future.