(Close Window)
Topic: Calendar Presage by Mike Maione & Paul Romhany
Its rare to see a great development on a classic, I really like the different uses that this comes with and how versatile it is.

Info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56656

Best regards,
Titanas
This is amazing that it is being released at such a low price.

I nearly bought one of these at Paul's lecture but at over £100 I did not!

They have now managed to mass produce these and the price has come right down, I know for sure I'm having one.

It's pre-order at the moment, I've push the expected date back a bit on our website as officially it would reach the UK on Bank Holiday Monday but it won't as there is no post, hopefully it may arrive before.

We have it listed here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/calendar-presage-by-paul-romhany--trick.html
This looks awesome. I'm waiting for some reviews.
Besides the extra revelations, how is this different than Chronologue?
So what is the difference between the version Diary Presage that those paid a premium price for from Romhany and this new cheap version Calendar Presage. Are they the same? Perhaps Romhany can come on and answer some questions.
This reminds me a lot of Freestyle Book Test by Greg Arce.
[quote]On May 18, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
Besides the extra revelations, how is this different than Chronologue? [/quote]

It is very different in every respect, the only thing similar is that a diary is used and a card predicted but the methods are different and this does far more.

From what I know this is very similar if not the same as the more expensive version. The originals were hand made and now they can machine make them the price has come down which is a good thing making this far more accessible or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.
Okay. I preordered it. I love calendar effects, especially Simon Aronson's birthday card. I use a mem deck, but am excited to see this particular calendar in action.
I love diary effects and this one does sound very clean.

Shame there's not a full performance.
If it is as clean as stated then there really isn't a reason not to have one.

If it truly is one prediction card and one diary, both in full view from the beginning (before the date is named) then I'm in :)
It's Paul Romhany , I trust that I won't be a disappointment even with no full performances shown .
I have seen it in live, it works great and it is instant reset !
This could be a winner. I use Bob Cassidy's method, but this couldbe
a game changer. The price sounds very reasonable.
Anymore reviews?
Is everything written in the diary for you?
While the ad copy says there's so much that can be done with the calendar book , anyone who had bought it before care to give some details of what exactly can be done with it ? Other than the card prediction which is written in the decribtion . I hope to know more about it before I make the purchase .
I was initially gutted when I saw that this has become available, as I purchased the original Diary Presage, from Paul at a lecture, for £100.00, then bought a spare from someone selling theirs, for £60.00 !!!

But after watching the trailer for Calendar Presage, my mind has been put at ease and because of the smaller size and extra routines, I will probably end-up investing in this too :)

Diary Presage is a hard-back desk diary, which as mentioned above, were all made by hand, with 52 different proverbs, colours and lottery number combinations authentically printed on the bottom of each page.

I also like the fact that it comes with the daily entries already written-in and that they look realistic, as if hand-written using different colour and types of pen, sharpie, pencil and highlighter.

But the strongest part for me is the fact that you can show the spectator that the 52 different playing cards, each of which represents each of the 52 weeks of the year, do not repeat at all!!

If Calendar Presage, is anywhere near as well produced as Diary Presage, I think it will be an absolute winner and an extremely lethal weapon to have in your pocket.

Paul Mc.
[quote]On May 20, 2016, caigy wrote:

But the strongest part for me is the fact that you can show the spectator that the 52 different playing cards, each of which represents each of the 52 weeks of the year, do not repeat at all!!

Paul Mc. [/quote]

Ah, so is it one card per week? Rather than a card for every day?
Specs don't care.
[quote]On May 20, 2016, David Klass wrote:

Paul Mc. [/quote]

Ah, so is it one card per week? Rather than a card for every day? [/quote]

Isn't this mentioned in the ad copy ?
I'm getting one , coudn't resist it since it's Paul Romhany , hope it could make it into my routine .

Paul Mc. [/quote]

Ah, so is it one card per week? Rather than a card for every day? [/quote]

Hi David,

yes, Diary Presage is a 'week per page' diary, which in my opinion cements the fact that the 52 cards written down are not repeated, or set-up in any particular order.

A fantastic prop.

Paul Mc.
Thanks Paul! Yes I agree it's quite nice that no cards are repeated.

However, you are predicting the week of their birthday rather than the day, which is a little weaker.

However, you are predicting the week of their birthday rather than the day, which is a little weaker. [/quote]

Well possibly David but a 52-1 correct outcome, from an envelope which has been in full view throughout, still seems pretty strong to me :)

Not forgetting the colour prediction, proverbs, lottery number combinations and other reveals which are possible as alternatives to playing cards.

Paul Mc.

However, you are predicting the week of their birthday rather than the day, which is a little weaker. [/quote]

Specs don't care. How would you even know the week.
[quote]On May 20, 2016, John C wrote:

Specs don't care. How would you even know the week. [/quote]

I agree it will still be impressive.
However, I have performed Chronologue for many years.

So I will have to decide if a routine that plays slightly cleaner is worth changing from a 1 in 365 prediction to a 1 in 52.
It might well be.

All swings and roundabouts where performers will need to decide which is more important to them.
Im curious about this, so will probably check it out soon.

Not sure about it being 1 in 365 though :P

All the best,
Dan
My pre-order is in :)

Paul Mc.
This looks interesting. is it not available on Penguin?
I see it on Penguin Now. Just ordered. Looking forward to it.

KJ
Good news, it's released on time and and should be with us on Tuesday in the UK due to the holiday on Monday.
Has anyone seen this yet and can comment on the looks, specifically on if it looks like a mass produced trick or if the entries look handwritten? Or is this just a calendar that we would write the entries in ourselves? I remember one calendar that came out several years ago that looked like it was all preprinted and just didn't look right, although you can always get a new calendar and handwrite everything but then it might as well be a download or DVD.

Robert
[quote]On May 26, 2016, Robert Sixx wrote:
Has anyone seen this yet and can comment on the looks, specifically on if it looks like a mass produced trick or if the entries look handwritten? Or is this just a calendar that we would write the entries in ourselves? I remember one calendar that came out several years ago that looked like it was all preprinted and just didn't look right, although you can always get a new calendar and handwrite everything but then it might as well be a download or DVD.

Robert [/quote]

Hi Robert.

Diary Presage comes with the entries ready-printed and looks very authentic indeed, with the handwriting in different colour inks, Sharpie, pencil and highlighter marker.
If Calendar Presage is anything like the same quality, I will be a very happy man :)

Paul Mc.
Wait can you only use this for a year?
sorry if that's a dumb question
And what is the difference to "Pythia"??

Best regards,

Zedd
Just received it. IT comes with a calendar and a card with the link to download the instructions. The calendar is completely blank. You have to fill in whatever information you want in the calendar with whatever colored pens you want.. I have not looked at the download yet. Some may not mind since you can customize it while others may be disappointed that it did not come already printed with the information.

Michael
[quote]On May 29, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
Just received it. IT comes with a calendar and a card with the link to download the instructions. The calendar is completely blank. You have to fill in whatever information you want in the calendar with whatever colored pens you want.. I have not looked at the download yet. Some may not mind since you can customize it while others may be disappointed that it did not come already printed with the information.

Michael [/quote]

Thanks for the info so after all the Hype you are getting a BLANK DAIRY

And the download instructions from Murphys not the same £100 product at all

I think I will stick with the original From Bob Cadisy Chronologue
I actually like it customized by myself . I'm more interested in the workings , mine should be arriving soon . Hope I'm not dissappointed .
May I enquire if it is possible to use one's own diary?
[quote]On May 18, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:

They have now managed to mass produce these and the price has come right down, I know for sure I'm having one.

It's pre-order at the moment, [/quote]

This is another example of why Pre Orders are best to avoid

The advert is totally misleading as stated on Murphys and on Saturn

COMES COMPLETE WITH:
1. Fully gaffed Pocket Calendar

From above I would have expected a Calendar pre printed not a BLANK CALENDAR

Also as posted to question asked

[quote]

Hi Robert.

Diary Presage comes with the entries ready-printed and looks very authentic indeed, with the handwriting in different colour inks, Sharpie, pencil and highlighter marker.
If Calendar Presage is anything like the same quality, I will be a very happy man :)

Paul Mc. [/quote]

This is just lazy marketing !

If I had pre ordered this would be going straight back to the dealer !
[quote]On May 30, 2016, JackMagic wrote:
[quote]On May 18, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:

It's pre-order at the moment, [/quote]

This is another example of why Pre Orders are best to avoid

The advert is totally misleading as stated on Murphys and on Saturn

COMES COMPLETE WITH:
1. Fully gaffed Pocket Calendar

From above I would have expected a Calendar pre printed not a BLANK CALENDAR

Also as posted to question asked

[quote]

Hi Robert.

Paul Mc. [/quote]

This is just lazy marketing !

If I had pre ordered this would be going straight back to the dealer ! [/quote]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks as if I am not going to be a very happy man :( but will be a very busy one!

Paul Mc.
I hate when they do that.
[quote]On May 30, 2016, John C wrote:
I hate when they do that. [/quote]

To lie in the printed advert copy is even worse than selective editing
That we have to put up with time and time again

If one thing ticks me off is this blantant Lies in giving the impression that you are purchasing
"Fully gaffed Pocket Calendar" in other words all complete printed and ready to use

I have noticed several dealers in the UK have copied this advert

In the UK this is totally illegal so I hope they start ending the supplied advert ASAP

before someone reports them to the correct authorities!
I just began to watch the download instructions. Even though the information in the dates are blank, there are pre-typed proverbs, lucky numbers and colors that are on the bottom of each page that can be used in the routine, and more importantly, the calendar itself is cleverly gimmicked to do the routines. The 35 minute instructional video is very thorough. There are several live performances and Paul's video instructions are very comprehensive. He even supplies some pdfs including the instructions and routines for the original hand made Diary Presage. So far I like what I am seeing.

Michael
So, you must use the supplied diary, you can't make up your own?
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one .
[quote]On May 30, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one . [/quote]

Yes it seems that Calendar Presage is gimmicked in the same way as Diary Presage and has the printed proverbs, colours and lottery numbers but doesn't include the pre-written daily entries.
This will be a ball ache to do but looking on the plus side, at least everything will be in our own handwriting.

Paul Mc.
[quote]On May 30, 2016, caigy wrote:
Yeaah ! Sounds like a satisfied buyer has appeared . I was worrying for a while that the supplied diary is just an ordinary one . But now a little relieved to hear it's a special one . [/quote]

Yes it seems that Calendar Presage is gimmicked in the same way as Diary Presage and has the printed proverbs, colours and lottery numbers but doesn't include the pre-written daily entries.
This will be a ball ache to do but looking on the plus side, at least everything will be in our own handwriting.

Paul Mc. [/quote]

Paul,

Yes. It is gimmucked exactly the same except it is smaller than the original so it can be placed in the breast pocket of a jacket and it is soft covered.
[quote]On May 30, 2016, magicinsight wrote:

Paul Mc. [/quote]

Paul,

Yes. It is gimmucked exactly the same except it is smaller than the original so it can be placed in the breast pocket of a jacket and it is soft covered. [/quote]

Thank you Michael.

Mine should be with me on Wednesday :)

After the initial disappointment of reading that there are no pre-written entries in this pocket sized version, I now think I would rather write-in my own and incorporate some additional ideas of my own.

Paul Mc.
Geez, is it always like this in the Café? I know I'm new to this forum and forums in general but why do people who haven't got the trick start running it down or are hell bent on figuring a trick out and then start slating it. I'm so looking forward to getting my calendar presage on weds and I'm equally pleased that I can customise it myself - that just adds to its authenticity.

This Café would be such a valuable forum if comments were constructive and aimed at helping other magi folk and not folk just spouting pointlessly.

Just my opinion though!

Billy
Well billy you can decide who you want to be and also decide who to listen to and who to ignore. Welcome to the fray.
[quote]On May 30, 2016, magicinsight wrote:

Paul Mc. [/quote]

Paul,

Yes. It is gimmucked exactly the same except it is smaller than the original so it can be placed in the breast pocket of a jacket and it is soft covered. [/quote]

Thank you Michael.

Mine should be with me on Wednesday :)

After the initial disappointment of reading that there are no pre-written entries in this pocket sized version, I now think I would rather write-in my own and incorporate some additional ideas of my own.

Paul Mc. [/quote]

Paul,

I totally agree with your statement. In addition to playing cards, you can use words for a book test, destinations as part of a confabulation routine, or more descriptive nouns for a drawing duplication. Yes, it will take time to make the entries, but you can really make it a very unique, one of a kind calendar specifically structured and designed for your own personal routines.

Michael
Calender Presage has arrived with us in stock and all orders will go out today.

I'm very surprised at some of the posts on here about ad copy etc, the add copy is 100% correct you are sent a fully gaffed diary and you do not have to write anything in it to perform with it.

You are however given more ideas and routines that will require you to write in it if you wish.

We have a few left in stock ready to ship today if you are quick! http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/calendar-presage-by-paul-romhany--trick.html
[quote]On May 31, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Calender Presage has arrived with us in stock and all orders will go out today.

I'm very surprised at some of the posts on here about ad copy etc, the add copy is 100% correct you are sent a fully gaffed diary and you do not have to write anything in it to perform with it.

You are however given more ideas and routines that will require you to write in it if you wish.

We have a few left in stock ready to ship today if you are quick! http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/calendar-presage-by-paul-romhany--trick.html [/quote]

So are you saying this post is incorrect ?

[quote]On May 29, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
Just received it. IT comes with a calendar and a card with the link to download the instructions. The calendar is completely blank. You have to fill in whatever information you want in the calendar with whatever colored pens you want.. I have not looked at the download yet.

Michael [/quote]

If so I apologise if you have to fill it in then I stand by my original post

Please confirm
I think magicinsight means the daily entries are blank but the calendar is printed with various items to do routines with.

The calendar sent is 100% ready to perform with out of the box with no writing required but I suspect many will want to write it it to do extra routines and make it their own.
[quote]On May 31, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
I think magicinsight means the daily entries are blank but the calendar is printed with various items to do routines with.

The calendar sent is 100% ready to perform with out of the box with no writing required but I suspect many will want to write it it to do extra routines and make it their own. [/quote]

That is correct. IT comes already gimmicked with three printed predictions (proverb, color, and lucky numbers) that can be used without writing anything at all. However, you should fill in other information throughout the calendar to obtain the most benefit from this excellent item.

Michael
Just got the info that I'll be receiving this tomorrow or the day after , will give a short review . I'm looking forward to what's already printed on the Calendar , as well as customizing my own .
Sounds like a useful product, but sometimes I'm amazed at the reactions of folk on here. I've seen many posts on other items where folk complain that a certain item cannot be personalized or wording is printed instead of in own handwriting, and yet here we seem to have an item that is not only seemingly ready to go but can be personalized almost unlimited. You will never please everybody it seems.
I was very pleasantly surprised when this arrived today...thumbs up from me..

and I'm very glad that you have to populate it by hand (apart from the !@#$e stuff already mentioned)...lots you can do with this...don't rush into things, have a think about what suits you as a performer, work in pencil, and add plenty of presentational ooomph...
I fully agree with Craigers, not just because our posts match :-)

Paul Romhany is a great performer and creator. And he is doing a great job of keeping Vanish a free mag. The ad copy was clear from the word go. And I trust Paul to put out only quality stuff, as he always does. I had liked his chair routine a lot and will probably pick this one up too. And the price is so attractive.
Just received mine , haven't got time to watch the instructions yet but here's my first impression , it's decently made . Not the best quality I'm expecting but it does its main job well , except that the cover is a little less than perfect .

Other than this small detail , the printing is perfect and clear , I spent around 10 minutes playing around with the book before I finally found what's the gimmick or gaff . It's very nicely made .

The Calander comes ready for effects , but I could see myself customizing it and which is what I'm excited about . I'll watch the instructions later in he evening and hopefully it'll be a bang for the buck .
Thinking of buying this but I have a couple of questions that will influence my spend. Is the diary a current diary for 2016, ie day and dates match 2016. It makes perfect sense to me to be carrying a current diary around with you. If the answer is yes, what does one do when 2016 runs out, and if the answer is no, same question - what is the justification for carrying a diary on you when the days and dates don't match ? not many people I know just happen to be carrying an out of date diary around on them.
It doesn't have a year...the thing is craigers, its really hard to just offer a way for you - its pretty much down to you to come up with that kind of thing...i've got my reason as to why I have it, and its all tied up in persona and what else I perform and talk about...

the one criticism I have is that I wish it was shorter in height... but I can live with it... :)
So I've just spend the night putting up all the words and writings , took me 5 hours ...

Now I'm liking this a lot , and I'll be using it in my show , here's why .

If you did the modification he suggested , there's a total of 5 or 6 principles you can do with the Calendar , and not to mention the sky is really your limit for which tricks you want to do with it , it takes up some pocket space but is able to get you covered with two or three effects for the night .

The mind reading or book test may be the hardest to do , as it requires memorization of the principle . However it only took me 10 minutes though so I guess , if you really sit down on for a little while , or waiting for the read light to turn green while you're sitting in you car , you can easily get the principle down quickly . He also teaches a way to still do the effect without memorizing , but is less clean as you've to carry something more .

The book , to me looks beautiful now . After writing all my things in it , customizing and whatever , the minor flaw with my cover had disappeared , maybe it's worn in and now it looks just like a book that have been with me for a year . I can't find anything not good about it , it's perfect , in all ways .

However , just a small thing , those who don't have Concealment by Wayne Rogers may find it useful if you purchase one to go with this , it's going to help you do the job better . But of course it's not the most necessary thing . Also , some may find the card reveal by single days better than by weeks . It's very possible with this gimmick but you know ... You just need to have some more outs , which I find is completely unnecessary . He also went through a way to justify using the Calendar , it's a good justification actually .

The gimmick comes ready to do three or four effects . If you took 5 hours more to customize it , you can do three more ( if you do what's written in the PDF ) but it's easily possible to do a lot more with it if you came up with your own principles . I like it , and will be using it , good job Paul Romany again , it's not surprising that most of his recently released effects has gone into my working set , it's practical , easy and astonishing to use , and I look forward to performing Calendar Presage this weekend .
I am really pleased with this and although initially disappointed to hear that the daily entries were not pre-printed, am now happier that they are not...I have decided to make my pages less 'busy' than those in Diary Presage, as initially I will only be doing a routine which will use the hand-written playing card prediction, combined with the printed proverb, lucky number and colour choices. But it is good to know that I can add more entries later, should I want to try something different.

Like one or two others, I too had a small issue with the cover, which I have managed to sort out and as Magician560 said, this does add to the authenticity, as the calendar does now look as if it is a year old :)

Diary Presage is still my favourite diary effect but for walk-around, convenience and for at least third of the price, Calendar Presage comes very close.

Paul Mc.
Just received mine and already can see what huge potential this has.

Now it is a case of whittling down several ideas and deciding just what is best to write or draw.

I can see this becoming a firm favourite and well worth the time and effort to write in the necessary. And with the added bonus, the entries will be in my own hand and so will not raise suspicions when I perform it to those I know.

Neil
Ive just used this at two gigs last weeks , seems to be a job to perform . Now my favorite is the card revelation , it's getting huge reactions for a short prediction effect . It's the lead on for my books test or my card routine now . Well with every cent .
Reviews and price are favorable so just put my order in.
You'll not be disappointed !
I received this over the weekend and I'm quite pleased with it. The method is for the most part bullet proof and the diary itself is nicely laid out. I watched Paul's presentations but other than the week/card reveal I may go in a different direction. It would be great if we could start a forum to brainstorm with ideas before I begin marking mine up.

Right off the top of my head, I thought this could be used for movies watched (as a log) because I'm actually anal enough where I write down the names of movies watched on different days. This also could be used as a diet journal, dream journal, personal goals journal, travel journal, random "thoughts" journal, a log for sports team schedules, a joke log, daily to-do list, road trip journal, cooking journal, motivational journal or maybe a combination of several things or ideas.
This really is a great item and what you would truly call a worker.

I still have not go around to setting mine up but its on my desk looking at me :)

We keep these in stock as its such a great item, it is thoroughly recommended.
How do you download the video?
It says to download, right click and hit save as. When I right click I get the option to save the link but not the video.
I hate downloadable instructions!!!!!!
Right click - save target as
[quote]On Jun 20, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Right click - save target as [/quote]

I'm having deja vu. I remember asking this before about another routine and you helping me out. I'm rubbish with computers!
I've tried right clicking on the writing, on the video, on the area around the video and no where do I get save target!
Got it, save link as.
Stupid downloads!!
Received mine. As already indicated not the highest quality ('wavy') but great possibilities and will do the job fine and good that forces can be customised.
[quote]On Jul 1, 2016, Drtriage wrote:
Received mine. As already indicated not the highest quality ('wavy') but great possibilities and will do the job fine and good that forces can be customised. [/quote]

Drtriage,

cover your calendar with a tea towel, or cotton handkerchief and 'press' for a minute or so with a medium hot iron.

When not using, keep under a stack of books and the waviness will disappear :)

I am sure that you will enjoy using Calendar Presage and if so, I recommend you take the plunge and track down Diary Presage. There are no quality issues at all with this version and still enough space to customise and add your own touches.

Paul Mc.
All in all, I'm quite pleased with Calendar Presage. Though I will probably stick to the card prediction effect, the possibilities appear to be many and varied.

Is anybody else having problems hitting week 25/26 for the prediction card? Mine jumps from 27 to 23.
Maybe your book isn't c** perfectly at that page ? I guess you can just trim a bit on your own very easily .
Thanks, Legend Wiz. I'll take a look.

I'm also having a problem inventing things to fill the diary entries. My life is SO boring and uneventful. My poor dog has had a 'vet's appointment' 16 times from Jan to June.
You can just use a name and time, looks like you have an appointment. Vet, dentist, doctor, car MOT, magic club meeting, Mum's birthday, wedding anniversary, I went for things you can make a joke about. but mostly you are pointing out the cards are different on each page not asking them to judge your social life. Mine is very empty towards the end of the year - why would I have a load of appointments 6 months in advance.

What I will say is, I get great reactions from this.

I've added a ribbon to mark the chosen page, so they can hold the diary and open to the correct page without riffling. I have also stiffened the front cover so it is easier and therefore more likely for them to flip through in the correct direction.

I play it for fun, but boy I make sure to recount the circumstances and re-inforce it, it gets gasps.
You can search Google on schedule planning or calendar planning examples etc , and there you go , boom loads of idea to load into your diary ~
Hi Everyone!
Looks good... so just ordered! :) It was mentioned earlier in this thread about creating a forum to discuss effect ideas and uses. Does anyone know if that's been done? Has anyone spoken to Paul about it?
Update. I just connected with Paul. He said he liked the idea of a product forum, and that he will be creating one shortly! :)
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/354907094897467/
IF you are an owner of the effect, just request to join and we will approve you! :) Let's all share ideas of how to use the effect!
Greetings... My name is Mike Maione. I just found this thread. It's been an interesting read. Paul and I are very proud of this pocket calendar. It seems that most who have purchased it are pretty happy with it. That's good. As mentioned Paul started a Facebook group for all to share ideas. So if you have the calendar by all means join the group. To answer a few questions... the calendar entries are blank. The proverbs, the lucky numbers and the colors (Benjamin Moore paint colors go and take the right color swatches from the Benjamin Moore paint store and you have a neat way to make the reveal) are pre-printed. Diary presage is no longer in production. Those who have it. You have something special. In it the large hard cover diary the entries were pre-printed. In Calendar Presage there are no calendar entries. It takes a long time to fill them in. But the entries will be in your hand and with items specific to your life which will make your presentations unique and more believable. There is no year. I offer it up as an old calendar I don't use any longer now that all my calendar entries are on my phone. I think it is an awesome piece for walk around and for parlor presentation and I love that I don't have to make the gimmick by hand anymore :)
I love it. Understood the effect and workings right out of the box. As a matter of fact, I performed it within 10 minutes of opening. I used the color prediction with my prediction card(s) as a flipover in the box the calendar came in. Yep, I've got some doctoring to do, and I'm so happy that Mike and Paul left the calendar blank for me to enter appointments and other falsifications which lend to the authenticity of the book. It is portable and so easy to use. Don't worry that there is no year attached to it. Paul's recommendation was that it was last year's calendar. I don't think it is important to mention it at all.
Can the card selection value differ, or is it always the same prediction?
Yes and No on the card selection. Only two cards can be predicted, then you have two colors, two fortunes and two lucky numbers. You can add two "Whatever's" and I have done so. I'd rather not disclose what I came up with as it is an enhancement to one of my published effects. I love this effect!!!!
I've owned this for a short while now and would like to add that you could have more than 2 card revelations, if you, for example, had 2 revelations for the first 6 months and another 2 for the last 6 months of the year. Quite nice option if you're asked to repeat this for the same people.

Additionally, I don't think anyone's mentioned this but since this is based on the S##n pad principle, you can use this as a great 'lift up and read your selection' force for specs.

I also agree with some previous posts and don't think there is a necessity to have old calendar entries. The dates are just a way to get a selection.

Having been a reader of the forum for years, thought I'd finally contribute too!
Looks pretty good....
[quote]On Aug 14, 2017, Decomposed wrote:
Looks pretty good.... [/quote]

It is!