(Close Window)
Topic: X-Ray by Rasmus
I had the chance to play with the gimmick and I am very impressed with it.
Also the amount of things you receive for the price is also very generous from Rasmus' side.
I highly recommend this.

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=57355

Best regards,
Titanas
If the quality of this effect is anything like his coin bend it will be good.
Big fan of Rasmus.
This looks promising.
Looks great! It's also got Marc Levelle behind it, which is a great sign as to it's quality as a worker.

I'm looking forward to trying this.
It looks really promising. I really want to give it a try if it's as good as looks its a bargain for that price. Cant wait for it! :)

For all the pre-orders it comes with wordlwide free shipping: http://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/x-ray-by-rasmus-magic
The effect looks really good. Seems super practical.

Joel.
$49 for that!
Who hasn't thought of that when messing around with this effect/method?
Wow, people are going to be mad...
I am curious. What is the difference between this one and "Quarterly Report" by Rick Lax?

Thanks.
[quote]On Jun 2, 2016, the Sponge wrote:
$49 for that!
Wow, people are going to be mad... [/quote]
Hmm very interesting.
Rasmus is always on the bleeding edge of cool and practical releases.

This one - using an analog method - looks to be a very clever solution to this plot.
$49 for that!
Who hasn't thought of that when messing around with this effect/method? [/quote]

Umm, well...apparently I haven't. :(
$49 for that!
Wow, people are going to be mad... [/quote]

Of course there are ways to do this without electronics but using a very familiar gimmick instead. There have been numerous releases utilizing this gimmick in the past including the classic Charles Gaucci version. I'm assuming that's where your head is but I'm sure there's more going on here than that.
I must be getting old. I don't see a flash. Looks decent to me.
I've been using this the last three weeks or so. I do like this quite a lot! I've been using all sorts "tools" for which Hand effect for sometime now. This is pretty cool being analog for a 100 percent sure fire way to know which hand has the ball. The kit comes with everything you'll need in a cool little tin can with a video download of the effects taught.
For an analog and a no questions asked routine, I'd say this is the way to fly. Great job Rasmus.
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, the Sponge wrote:
$49 for that!
Wow, people are going to be mad...

Of course there are ways to do this without electronics but using a very familiar gimmick instead. There have been numerous releases utilizing this gimmick in the past including the classic Charles Gaucci version. I'm assuming that's where your head is but I'm sure there's more going on here than that.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

This posting made me smile a lot ; )

Gaucci`s between Fingers, in Fingertip etc. worked always great!Feels great! ; )
[quote]On Jun 2, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Rasmus is always on the bleeding edge of cool and practical releases.

This one - using an analog method - looks to be a very clever solution to this plot. [/quote]

What makes this better than Gauci's ft method.
No idea I don't have a sample in my hands.

I happen to be a fan of Rasmus -
A which hand effect as simple as it is! This method is at each level a winner.

Rasmus combined with X-Ray cleverly two principle to a perfect Gimmick made of high quality material. Always in mind that it must be simple, easy to perform and 100% surefire.
There are more than enough complicated principle on the market. What he created is the extract of all the possibilities and trimmed down to one unit.
The essence of his work on the which hand effect over the last years – its a worker.

Great job Rasmus, thank you for this release!
I noticed the 5 balls and black velvet bag included with X-Ray look identical to the ones included in Marc Oberon's effect Odd Ball. And just like with Odd Ball, the 4 "white" balls are even see-through rather than opaque, which was one of the major complaints people had about that effect.
I agree. Odd Ball was horrible. I opened it, played with it for 5 min, and threw it right in the trash. Hopefully the quality here is better.
I received a review copy of this and I think this is one of the best Gimmicked which hand methods out there.

There's no technology to worry about failing. It's VERY reliable. I think there is a small learning curve to be able to "read" the device accordingly. However once you understand the read of the device, it works perfectly.

One reason I prefer this to other which hand releases is that there is no really awkward "wrist under fist" moves like so many others. To me, the wrist (wearing a band) being under the fist is such a strange position. This eliminates that. This also eliminates any VERY strange and awkward "fist beside the ear" which occurs in Gauccid method.

The balls which are provided are very well made. They feel virtually identical and weigh virtually the same. The other gimmicks provided are top quality as well.

The method is simple, but that's part of the beauty. Rasmus has knocked it out of the park with this one. Great job!
[quote]On Jun 4, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
I received a review copy of this and I think this is one of the best Gimmicked which hand methods out there.

There's no technology to worry about failing. It's VERY reliable. I think there is a small learning curve to be able to "read" the device accordingly. However once you understand the read of the device, it works perfectly.

One reason I prefer this to other which hand releases is that there is no really awkward "wrist under fist" moves like so many others. To me, the wrist (wearing a band) being under the fist is such a strange position. This eliminates that. This also eliminates any VERY strange and awkward "fist beside the ear" which occurs in Gauccid method.

The balls which are provided are very well made. They feel virtually identical and weigh virtually the same. The other gimmicks provided are top quality as well.

The method is simple, but that's part of the beauty. Rasmus has knocked it out of the park with this one. Great job! [/quote]

Agree the gaucci ear position was very strange but you didn't have to use it that way. Sounds like this is a likely a clever build on the gaucci method which actually can be done nearly identical to this. Hopefully he's credited. Can this work with a properly gimmicked quarter or smaller?
Hopefully it can, the stronger the better for the gimmick in the spec hand so the 'signal' could be received with the performer further away
[quote]On Jun 4, 2016, Platt wrote:

The method is simple, but that's part of the beauty. Rasmus has knocked it out of the park with this one. Great job! [/quote]

Agree the gaucci ear position was very strange but you didn't have to use it that way. Sounds like this is a likely a clever build on the gaucci method which actually can be done nearly identical to this. Hopefully he's credited. Can this work with a properly gimmicked quarter or smaller? [/quote]

Gauci has been using a *****r**P method for quite sometime. Don't know if its the same, but sounds like it.
[quote]On Jun 4, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:

Agree the gaucci ear position was very strange but you didn't have to use it that way. Sounds like this is a likely a clever build on the gaucci method which actually can be done nearly identical to this. Hopefully he's credited. Can this work with a properly gimmicked quarter or smaller? [/quote]

Gauci has been using a *****r**P method for quite sometime. Don't know if its the same, but sounds like it. [/quote]

I can't work out what words you censored. Please PM me and I'll clarify.
I'm thinking... is this only good for 1 on 1 situation due to the gimmick?
Looks good, 9 June release date. Keep up the hype.... :nose:
[quote]On Jun 4, 2016, Lseeyou wrote:
I'm thinking... is this only good for 1 on 1 situation due to the gimmick? [/quote]

Looks like multiple specs from the video of Kurotsuke he shows...
You can use the which hand effect with more than one spectator but you 'pointing' action will have to be the same with everyone - in a way. But as soon as you know which one has it then you can present how you wish
Love everything from Rasmus. Hope this one will be a worker too.
Osterlind even likes it. :baby:
I have an advance set and I really like it. Simpler is often better as I've learned over the years. The balls are all well matched in weight and size. I'll have to get them out to check transparency as I see someone asked about that. Didn't seem to be but then again I didn't hold them up to light or anything looking for that. I found the method to be easy to get down right after testing it a few times. There's also a three-item variation that really kills! I will definitely use this often.

Jim
On the radar all night.....be glad when more and more play with this. :spoon:
Is this essentially the same method as Franklin's from his book? Not sure if this is original.
I hope not Clairvoyant.....I use electronics for my which hand but this is so dang great looking so far....and 100 percent is what really counts in my book! :coolest:
I currently use Scan 3D which is great, but I'm going to pick this up. Nice to have a low tech alternative.
Not trying to fish but does it need a good sught? If somebody knows please pm me. I m interested in this...
It looks a lot like Gauci's new method he put out several years ago.
Will this still work if someone takes the ball and places it in their pocket?

It happens to me every now and then and it actually makes the effect even better. I use SS and a ring so there's always a way out.
[quote]On Jun 6, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:
Not trying to fish but does it need a good sught? If somebody knows please pm me. I m interested in this... [/quote]
I meant "good sight" ...
(typing on my phone without glasses and with thick fingers (-:
[quote]On Jun 5, 2016, clairvoyant wrote:
Is this essentially the same method as Franklin's from his book? Not sure if this is original. [/quote]

According to the blurb on Murphy's site Rasmus' effect has a:

"100% original and never before published method"

If that is true, then it should be different to all other previous methods. Although watching the video I can see how people think it looks similar to Gauci's trick. I'll guess we'll find out in a few days if the advertisement it true or not.
[quote]On Jun 6, 2016, magic_tony wrote:
[quote]On Jun 5, 2016, clairvoyant wrote:
Is this essentially the same method as Franklin's from his book? Not sure if this is original. [/quote]

According to the blurb on Murphy's site Rasmus' effect has a:

"100% original and never before published method"

If that is true, then it should be different to all other previous methods. Although watching the video I can see how people think it looks similar to Gauci's trick. I'll guess we'll find out in a few days if the advertisement it true or not. [/quote]

Please let it be true!!!
:righton: :righton: :righton:
[quote]On Jun 6, 2016, Nick Singh wrote:
[/quote]

Yes, it still works. The spec can immediately put the ball in the pocket.
On the download you will also find a 3 Choice effect.
Not trying to fish but does it need a good sught? If somebody knows please pm me. I m interested in this... [/quote]
I meant "good sight" ...
(typing on my phone without glasses and with thick fingers (-: [/quote]

No, the actually method of judging which hand contains the object doesn't really on the sense of sight.
[quote]On Jun 6, 2016, Nick Singh wrote:

It happens to me every now and then and it actually makes the effect even better. I use SS and a ring so there's always a way out. [/quote]

In a one on one performance, you would have to do 'the business' to both of the spectator's hands to know for certain if they have tried to catch you out by placing the hidden object in their pocket.
Thanks. It's been confirmed also by Rasmus in a pm.
I spent quite a bit of time with Rasmus while he was bringing this effect to the market and have seen him slay people with it. Even when you know the method, it appears as if he isn't employing it. Very strange! There is a very slight learning curve or 'awareness of ones movements' to take into account before performing this consistently, but it doesn't take long to get 'the feel' of it.
How does this compare to Scan 3D, besides a huge gap in price and different methods? Has anyone thought about it?

I was thinking of purchasing the Promystic Scan 3D (which I can see, read and have heard is phenomenal) but saw this come out.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

Cheers!
Does anyone happen to have any insight as to when this will be hitting retailers?
I pinged Penguin via chat and while they have it open for pre-order, they don't have any info on ETA yet.
I believe 6/09
I thought I had read the 9th, but if that were accurate I would have thought Penguin would have had a date by now... Given its 2 days away.

Pretty confident I'm going to pre-order regardless. :)
[quote]On Jun 7, 2016, JasonL2112 wrote:
Does anyone happen to have any insight as to when this will be hitting retailers?
[/quote]

Hi Jason

MoM are expecting to ship this out worldwide from the UK on the 9th.

Hope this helps
Dominic
[quote]On Jun 7, 2016, ArielIllusionist wrote:
How does this compare to Scan 3D, besides a huge gap in price and different methods? Has anyone thought about it?

I was thinking of purchasing the Promystic Scan 3D (which I can see, read and have heard is phenomenal) but saw this come out.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

Cheers! [/quote]

If electronics is what you considered Arie, did you also see FK? Cheaper then Scan...but looking at a non electronic, this appears to be the way to go...
:ohyes: :alien:
Order placed. Truly looking forward to this one.
I will probaley order also.
It will be hard to beat V by Manos though.
For notes, do you still need the small black balls?

Billion
The trailer states you can use different objects.
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, music wrote:

The trailer states you can use different objects. [/quote]

Provided the different objects are prepared and made ready to be sensed ;) - - - [b]As I understand and speculate the concept behind this effect[/b].

As already mentioned by others, this SEEMS to be a reworked effect and hence I feel $60 retail is big money for what you will probably be getting. However the pricing of an effect is the sole prerogative of the creator/producer/distributors of the effect.

If my thinking is on the right track, this will be one easy to do project for the DIYers. And because of the high retail price tag on this effect, one shall soon see it on the Chinese Magic sites at a fraction of the cost.

Just my thoughts, please continue . . . :)

:xmas:
The ad states "100% original and never before published method"

I find this hard to believe. If this uses the method I think it uses than this has been done before in almost every variation possible.
At 1:23 in the demo you see the gimmick in play which you will instantly know what is used as the gimmick in getting the que
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, PRINCE wrote:

At 1:23 in the demo you see the gimmick in play which you will instantly know what is used as the gimmick in getting the que [/quote]

Thank you. You have an 'Eye for detail'. :) And with that this looks like a revamped prop based on the classic Charles Gauci's version.

At close range, for the prying eyes, that might be a bit tricky to conceal.

[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, Ustaad wrote:

At 1:23 in the demo you see the gimmick in play which you will instantly know what is used as the gimmick in getting the que [/quote]

Thank you. You have an 'Eye for detail'. :) And with that this looks like a revamped prop based on the classic Charles Gauci's version.

At close range, for the prying eyes, that might be a bit tricky to conceal.

:xmas: [/quote]

Thanks Ustaad, your right about the prying eyes and to be honest with regular 'pointing actions' people may get a bit suspicious and perhaps start looking at your hands. This is why like every motivation in a similar demonstrations using a similar gimmick, you need to logically have a reason and justification for the continuous pointing action - as why can't you just say with out the pointing "is it in your right hand? Is it in your left hand - you can lie or tell the truth" etc etc
I may be wrong, don't think so, but believe this is Charles Gauci's latest idea. I know I've been doing it for a few years now and I can tell you Gauci's routine is much smoother, and there is no pointing.

Best

Steve
What do you mean Steven 'latest idea' you mean an addition or advance on his previous release of this effect?
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, Mystification wrote:

[b]*** The ad states "100% original and never before published method"

I find this hard to believe. If this uses the method I think it uses than this has been done before in almost every variation possible.[/b] [/quote]

[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:

[b]I may be wrong, don't think so, but believe this is Charles Gauci's latest idea. I know I've been doing it for a few years now and I can tell you Gauci's routine is much smoother, and there is no pointing[/b].
[/quote]

Though slowly, the facts seems to be coming to light. ;)

Things are only fact when proven via evidence.

We don't have any yet! I'm interested in this though..
Hope you noticed the 'Wink with a Smile' [ ;) ] and the word 'seems'.

I may be wrong, don't think so, but believe this is Charles Gauci's latest idea. I know I've been doing it for a few years now and I can tell you Gauci's routine is much smoother, and there is no pointing.

Best

Steve [/quote]

The ad says it can be done with rolled up sleeves. I guess there's no (traditional) pointing in that case.
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:

The ad says it can be done with rolled up sleeves. I guess there's no (traditional) pointing in that case. [/quote]

:rolleyes:

:bg:

Best

Steve [/quote]

The ad says it can be done with rolled up sleeves. I guess there's no (traditional) pointing in that case. [/quote]

What does rolled up sleeves have to do with anything. If I chose, I could be in the nude. Gauci's original method had nothing to do with clothing. Whatever method you will use and be happy with is all that counts.

Best

Steve
No, it's not the method that counts. It's what the spectator's brain "sees".
No, it's not the method that counts. It's what the spectator's brain "sees". [/quote]

There's nothing for the brain to see.
...except rolled up sleeves!
What do you mean Steven 'latest idea' you mean an addition or advance on his previous release of this effect? [/quote]

Its an advance of his original. It is incredibly good.

Best
...except rolled up sleeves! [/quote]

Not to be redundant, sleeves/no sleeves aren't a factor. I think you're missing or reading to much into something that has no bearing.
Why is Richard Osterlind NOT a fan of this? Even after being given a review copy of this, he indicates that he is NOT using this. I am confused.

I will say that Rasmus PMed me, and this does look good.

Billion
...except rolled up sleeves! [/quote]

Not to be redundant, sleeves/no sleeves aren't a factor. I think you're missing or reading to much into something that has no bearing. [/quote]

Nobody knows the method for sure, yet (except a few). The GAUCI method(s) is very good but the ad says this one is new. And my point about "rolled-up sleeves" was more about the comment on pointing finger, and the gimmick being visible or not for the audience.
Anyway, we'll see. 1 more day or 2...
I'm a little concerned about the gimmick as I've not had good luck with what can be seen in the video in the past, but I did order and will give it a good go-round before writing it off.

It really "should" be easy to pass off since there should be no real heat in that area.
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, billion wrote:
Why is Richard Osterlind NOT a fan of this? Even after being given a review copy of this, he indicates that he is NOT using this. I am confused.

Billion [/quote]

Richard said in his quote that he liked this particular effect/method, but was not generally a fan of the which hand plot. Did you misread?

At 1:23 what you are seeing is the spectators open hand holding the coin (on the left hand side of the screen). Or am I missing something?
I think you misread his quote. He did not say he liked this particular method/effect. In fact, he just said that of all the methods, this one SEEMS like it is the best. I would have expected him to write that a stronger quote indicating that he actually likes this. But to each his own, I am definitely ordering this.

Billion

[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, clairvoyant wrote:

Billion [/quote]

Richard said in his quote that he liked this particular effect/method, but was not generally a fan of the which hand plot. Did you misread? [/quote]
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, bond19 wrote:

At 1:23 what you are seeing is the spectators open hand holding the coin (on the left hand side of the screen). Or am I missing something? [/quote]

thought you may have spotted it leading up to 1:23 but to be precise the flash of the gimmick is at 1:21 - 1:22 on the demo.
I thought this was a completely new method never before seen or used.
Fortunately the spec won't be able to go home and rewatch a video to spot the gimmick. Unless their friends take a video. Hahah
Of course it is...that's the reason why I bought it...at least, it was advertised as such...why, is it not true?

Billion

[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, John C wrote:
I thought this was a completely new method never before seen or used. [/quote]
Unfortunately the spectator or friends in the group will see the gimmick as they will be trying to work out how your doing it and why you have to keep 'pointing' at the spectators hands all the time and not just ask questions without pointing (not thinking like a magician, but like any normal educated person in the real world if they seen this performed)
Of course it is...that's the reason why I bought it...at least, it was advertised as such...why, is it not true?

Billion

I thought this was a completely new method never before seen or used. [/quote] [/quote]

You have it... Is it true or not?
Unfortunately the spectator or friends in the group will see the gimmick as they will be trying to work out how your doing it and why you have to keep 'pointing' at the spectators hands all the time and not just ask questions without pointing (not thinking like a magician, but like any normal educated person in the real world if they seen this performed) [/quote]

This is why Gauci's method is so much more advanced and better. No pointing at all. Nothing to see at all.
I'll tell you when I receive it in a few days.

Billion

Billion

I thought this was a completely new method never before seen or used. [/quote] [/quote]

You have it... Is it true or not? [/quote]
Unfortunately the spectator or friends in the group will see the gimmick as they will be trying to work out how your doing it and why you have to keep 'pointing' at the spectators hands all the time and not just ask questions without pointing (not thinking like a magician, but like any normal educated person in the real world if they seen this performed) [/quote]

This is why Gauci's method is so much more advanced and better. No pointing at all. Nothing to see at all. [/quote]

Wow, I'm very curious and interested now. Not to distract from this effect but would you know a link or reference to Gauci's new model?
Thanks
Give me about an hour.

This is why Gauci's method is so much more advanced and better. No pointing at all. Nothing to see at all. [/quote]

[b]Wow, I'm very curious and interested now. Not to distract from this effect but would you know a link or reference to Gauci's new model?[/b]
Thanks [/quote]

Me too, please!

Thank you.

Sorry, I had a performance. Its in his book, "A Lifetime of Magic".
@ Steven Conner: Thank you so much for the reference.

Sorry, I don't have that book. Might have to buy it sooner or later.

I may have to return x-ray and buy the book instead.

Billion
Hey Guys, please understand I am not slamming Rasmus. He is quite a creator. I was just saying there is another effect which looks the same.

Best

Steve
Hi Steven, you are definitely not slamming Rasmus. But, you did say and I quote, "This is why Gauci's method is so much more advanced and better. No pointing at all. Nothing to see at all." It's not a bad thing to be honest with your opinion. In fact, I respect you for it, and as a result, I will be buying the book too.

Billion

Hey Guys, please understand I am not slamming Rasmus. He is quite a creator. I was just saying there is another effect which looks the same.

Best

Steve [/quote]
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, Ustaad wrote:
[quote]On Jun 8, 2016, music wrote:

The trailer states you can use different objects. [/quote]

Provided the different objects are prepared and made ready to be sensed ;) - - - [b]As I understand and speculate the concept behind this effect[/b].

As already mentioned by others, this SEEMS to be a reworked effect and hence I feel $60 retail is big money for what you will probably be getting. However the pricing of an effect is the sole prerogative of the creator/producer/distributors of the effect.

If my thinking is on the right track, this will be one easy to do project for the DIYers. And because of the high retail price tag on this effect, one shall soon see it on the Chinese Magic sites at a fraction of the cost.

Just my thoughts, please continue . . . :)

:xmas: [/quote]

100% agree 🍵
:hotcoffee:

At 1:23 what you are seeing is the spectators open hand holding the coin (on the left hand side of the screen). Or am I missing something? [/quote]

You are missing the focal point,see again :hotcoffee:
If the gauci improvement is what I ve seen in the video I switch to the original gauci's.
The pointing was less suspicious.
If the working is different ,i am so curious to see it in action in real scenario
I the original there was nothing to see ,here a too foxy spec perhaps could notice something not so regular :hotcoffee:
But I can be wrong and what I saw could be not a part involved in the trick :hotcoffee:
:worry: :sun: :hotcoffee:
Ben Williams has been playing with X-Ray for a few days now, here’s his video from behind the magic shop curtains at MoM

[youtube]1r7Iv5hhg-k[/youtube]

X-Ray is on the site at MoM now, shipping from the UK here: https://www.magicshop.co.uk/x-ray-by-rasmus-magic-trick

Hope this helps you
Dominic Reyes
[quote]On Jun 9, 2016, markhitton wrote:

You are missing the focal point,see again :hotcoffee: [/quote]

I couldn't see anything until I watched the vid in high def on youtube. Wasn't visible on the dealer website. And also, yikes - completely new method? unless there's a mexican jumping bean that's been trained to sense the requisite thing, I don't get how it's completely new...
Sounds like the only new thing is the marketing.
Perhaps the 'new' method is meaning this principle of knowing or the gimmick used has now been adapted to a classic utility device - has not been used in that way before so for that reason he is claiming it as being new?
Well, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I would have opened the package, seen the thing and thrown it against the wall.
Just to be clear - it's entirely possible that Rasmus has created a very useful and nifty item here - I just personally don't like those types of gimmicks. That's all I meant... sorry for the negativity, Rasmus.
I have to agree.
Between not having great luck with that particular utility and the fact that Penguin still doesn't have any form of ETA I'm considering cancelling my pre-order... :(

[quote]On Jun 9, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Just to be clear - it's entirely possible that Rasmus has created a very useful and nifty item here - I just personally don't like those types of gimmicks. That's all I meant... sorry for the negativity, Rasmus. [/quote]
Mine shipped from Penguin today.
[quote]On Jun 9, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Well, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I would have opened the package, seen the thing and thrown it against the wall. [/quote]

Why take it out on the wall.
Interesting. They told me via chat they have no ETA for getting it in.
Is that all you ordered, or possible your order got partially shipped?

[quote]On Jun 9, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Mine shipped from Penguin today. [/quote]
I have never done any which hand effect but have been wanting to do this for a MUCH stronger effect in the spectator's eyes.

It's pretty clear what I'm getting. I trust that Rasmus has made this work reliably. I tried something like this years ago and couldn't do anything like shown in the video. Normally, I'd wait for a more independent review before ordering but having this perfected is easily worth the small price and I trust this will be what I am expecting.

I don't think that's true . Definite magician thnking. Surely you must know just how much goes unnoticed when performing?
I expect to get this soon and review it.

Cheers,

Andreu
Out of stock at penguin. Must be good.
Not always the case.
Got mine. Nice kit. The balls are nice quality if you like that effect. I've never liked that effect so I'll likely stick to the which hand plot. Will obviously take some practice to develop the necessary feel. I've only played with it briefly so the verdict is still out, but thus far I still like my Scan 3D better. Allows for a cleaner handling with nothing to hide, but for the price, X-ray gets the job done and is certainly much cheaper. So it just depends on personal preference. The underlying theory is the same for both. Scan is just a high tech method while X Ray is a low tech mechanical method. Scan allows for empty hands with nothing to hide. X Ray does not.
I wrote in another thread that Charles Gauci is one of the most ripped off creator in recent times. And I still stand by that unless evidence to the contrary shows up quite convincingly. IMHO, it looks like the basic principle and both the routines as a set belong to Charles Gauci and I only hope that proper crediting has been done, at the least. I will not be buying it until this is clarified.
Received mine and love it, just did it about 5 times with my wife, and worked 100% of the time, is certainly cheaper than other versions but does the job well, for those that have this don't worry about the gimmick, don't run when no one chasing you, nothing to fear, besides concentrate on your presentation is the key here! But as I said does th job 100% of the time, very pleased
[quote]On Jun 12, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
I wrote in another thread that Charles Gauci is one of the most ripped off creator in recent times. And I still stand by that unless evidence to the contrary shows up quite convincingly. IMHO, it looks like the basic principle and both the routines as a set belong to Charles Gauci and I only hope that proper crediting has been done, at the least. I will not be buying it until this is clarified. [/quote]

Its in the Book!!
Rasmus is on here. Online, right now. Why hasn't he said anything about this yet?

Best,

Atlas
[quote]On Jun 11, 2016, bowers wrote:
Not always the case. [/quote]

sarcastic remark by me. (it must be good)
[quote]On Jun 12, 2016, Atlas wrote:
Rasmus is on here. Online, right now. Why hasn't he said anything about this yet?

Best,

Atlas [/quote]

I agree. I kept expecting Rasmus to join in the conversation. He's usually pretty active on threads concerning his products.
But if this is as good as his real coin bend then it'll be a winner.
If I didn't own Scan 3D I would have already ordered this. Still may pick it up at some point.
Like all magic tricks you pay for the knowledge not the trick - so if people on here think that they know the knowledge of the trick then stop your moaning and make the trick yourself - I have paid for the trick and then kicked myself for not thinking of it first.
I normally don't get to involved in these type of posts of who did what first,etc. Charles is a friend and I have been using this technique for a while which I got from him. It is a great trick but Charles didn't get any credit.

Best

Steve
I can see what is provided here and it seems well-routined and usable, ditching/getting this sort of gimmick is usually quite easy due to its nature so this seems like a real worker.
I would like to love this but I showed the trailer to 2 non-magician friends and they actually came up with the expensive solution instead of the used solution here (sigh).
I do this a lot these days now, showing trailers to non-magician people and get their feedback, I feel safer to buy something when I know that they are genuinely impressed.
In this case, the reactions were not overwhelming so I will pass...
[quote]On Jun 13, 2016, Gaijin wrote:
I can see what is provided here and it seems well-routined and usable, ditching/getting this sort of gimmick is usually quite easy due to its nature so this seems like a real worker.
I would like to love this but I showed the trailer to 2 non-magician friends and they actually came up with the expensive solution instead of the used solution here (sigh).
I do this a lot these days now, showing trailers to non-magician people and get their feedback, I feel safer to buy something when I know that they are genuinely impressed.
In this case, the reactions were not overwhelming so I will pass... [/quote]

How did your friends think it was done?
Interesting that they knew how it was done, I performed this for my wife 5 times last night right under her nose and she didn't have a clue, all in the presentation I think here
I do think one on one (with your wife) is easier for the method to be un identified due to so much going on e.g concentrating, thinking about instructions for them etc etc where as on lookers and other people watching this not directly involved are looking to see how your doing this and just feel the repetitiveness and pattern of the pointing actions, may arouse suspicion. HOWEVER with a little thought there are numerous ways to adapt 'different' actions so you can still get the read. Anyone who has seen Derren B perform his which hand effect will know what I mean
I understand but I do think there is absolutely nothing to worry about here, I get the spectators to look at me in the eyes as I use 4-5 spectators for this effect and say their eyes will give it a away! I ask the question is it in this hand and this hand, and get them to answer no to both questions but I do the move as I ask the questions, completely covered, trust me this works
I do think this will work but you will get the few sceptical extra observant spectators (but this goes for anything in magic we perform)
To me, the Charles Gauci method has bigger flaws than this one. Although, realistically, when doing this kind of effect, attention is drawn to your hands, so it is natural to assume your hands will get burned. If a layman is watching this effect being performed for someone else, they will probably not be staring at the magicians eyes. And this effect begs to be repeated, and should be. So chances are unless the gimmick is really well hidden, it can be seen.
For the sake of disclosure.

Rasmus sent me a pm. I sent my reply and am waiting for his reply. As soon as I get it, I will update here.

BTW, I have been using Charles Gauci's eye to eye and his body language (kurotsuke type routine) with this same principle (which is very clear by now, seeing the demos) for many years now. Both of them simply kill, with the right type of presentation, of course. But again, I do not use them as stand alone effects but as part of my own personalized routines. I also have his "A Lifetime of Magic". Top notch stuff.
[quote]On Jun 13, 2016, Mystification wrote:
To me, the Charles Gauci method has bigger flaws than this one. Although, realistically, when doing this kind of effect, attention is drawn to your hands, so it is natural to assume your hands will get burned. If a layman is watching this effect being performed for someone else, they will probably not be staring at the magicians eyes. And this effect begs to be repeated, and should be. So chances are unless the gimmick is really well hidden, it can be seen. [/quote]

Totally wrong. Its impossible to see unless your a moron. I'm not calling anyone a name just the thought. There's really nothing to see if you're polished performer. And if you're not, find a different career or hobby.

Best

Steve
Steve,

Charles Gauci used two different methods. One was a method where you needed to place the spectators hands in an awkward position. The other used a different location, but in that one, you wouldn't be showing the palm of your hand and unless you were never going to flash the palm of your hand for the entire show, you would need to ditch the gaff, which in my opinion is weird because how do you justify that?
I've been doing his effect for a really long time and there is nothing awkward. His newer routine is out of this world. I use it in trade shows constantly.

Best
[quote]On Jun 13, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:

Totally wrong. Its impossible to see unless your a moron. I'm not calling anyone a name just the thought. There's really nothing to see if you're polished performer. And if you're not, find a different career or hobby.

Best

Steve [/quote]

Sorry Steve but your totally wrong!!! Why do I know this is correct... Because if this was impossible to see, then how come I noticed it during the demo and pointed it out!!! If the gimmick used was impossible to see then I wouldn't have known what was in play and the gimmick used. Plus it wasn't a case of watching and rewinding a million times like your going to accuse me of doing and in real life spectators can't re watch etc etc and all that bull, for me to have seen it, because the 1st time I seen it at 1:22 in the demo I noticed it! So there you have it. Plus I think you owe the guy performing this in the demo an apology calling him an unpolished performer - ouch.
I didn't realize that Charles came up with an improved handling of his effect "Eye to Eye". I will have to check that one out before commenting on it.
[quote]On Jun 13, 2016, PRINCE wrote:

Best

Steve [/quote]

Sorry Steve but your totally wrong!!! Why do I know this is correct... Because if this was impossible to see, then how come I noticed it during the demo and pointed it out!!! If the gimmick used was impossible to see then I wouldn't have known what was in play and the gimmick used. Plus it wasn't a case of watching and rewinding a million times like your going to accuse me of doing and in real life spectators can't re watch etc etc and all that bull, for me to have seen it, because the 1st time I seen it at 1:22 in the demo I noticed it! So there you have it. Plus I think you owe the guy performing this in the demo an apology calling him an unpolished performer - ouch. [/quote]
I wathed the video three times and then saw it flash, it is easy to spot
As magicians we know what to look for, spectators wont have our knowledge and know what even a t**** t**is let alone what one is supposed to look like, if you guys don't like it fair enough, I will be using this and it will go over very well, just working on my script now

Best

Steve [/quote]

Sorry Steve but your totally wrong!!! Why do I know this is correct... Because if this was impossible to see, then how come I noticed it during the demo and pointed it out!!! If the gimmick used was impossible to see then I wouldn't have known what was in play and the gimmick used. Plus it wasn't a case of watching and rewinding a million times like your going to accuse me of doing and in real life spectators can't re watch etc etc and all that bull, for me to have seen it, because the 1st time I seen it at 1:22 in the demo I noticed it! So there you have it. Plus I think you owe the guy performing this in the demo an apology calling him an unpolished performer - ouch. [/quote]

Are you just being willingly ignorant. As magicians we see lots of things but the public has no clue unless you telegraph it. I owe no apologies as I never singled out the person doing the demo. If you're getting caught whether its one on one or a group, its time to go home.

How did your friends think it was done? [/quote]

1. I asked if they were impressed by the trailer, and they were not much. 2. I asked why and they thought that the method used was closer to 3D scan actually. They were wrong but their sense of the underlying physics was on the right path.
But they did not notice the method for Xray?
Totally agree with Steve. Magicians know what to look for, so often notice things laypeople won't. Once you;'ve seen it it's impossible to unsee it and think like a layman again

Best

Steve [/quote]

Are you just being willingly ignorant. As magicians we see lots of things but the public has no clue unless you telegraph it. I owe no apologies as I never singled out the person doing the demo. If you're getting caught whether its one on one or a group, its time to go home. [/quote]

Are you just being willingly ignorant. As magicians we see lots of things but the public has no clue unless you telegraph it. I owe no apologies as I never singled out the person doing the demo. If you're getting caught whether its one on one or a group, its time to go home. [/quote]

Yeah exactly, the guy in the video did get caught - by me, so you are telling him 'it's time to go home'. Yes your right we as magicians see more than the lay etc but your original post indicated someone noticing this regardless if magician or not - hence my post.

I watched a fellow magician and experienced performer get caught using a TT the other day. He performed a kenetic spinning spoons type effect... His angles were fine (no one behind him etc and there was just a tiny bit showing of the TT even his colour match was perfect - yet someone called him on it (which I did t think they would) AND IT WASNT THAT THEY ALREADY KNEW THE SECRET ETC. So I guess it's time for him to go home lol.

The point is you are going to get eagle eyed spectators regardless, more so those who this is not being performed for and you will I feel get caught. For the amount of time this is open in play, I feel you 'may' get caught.
As I mentioned earlier though I did this a few feet from my wife and she didn't notice a thing, I think also certain finger placements etc will hide the gimmick in play it basically takes a nano second to get what you need to get and then the hand can drop down to your side, after you have identified the hand all attention will be on the spectator, no heat will be on you at all
Your right Daren and great tips (pardon the pun) but this was just one on one and for the reasons mentioned above I feel is why your wife and others would have found this harder not to notice (concentrating, looking at you etc etc) HOWEVER even if there were a group, I'm confident that by what you are saying and how you perform this no one would have spotted it. It sounds like you have spent a lot of time thinking about how to perform this and just want to say thanks for being conscious and taking the time taking into consideration many factors.
No probs, I will be gigging this routine (once script is sorted) I have a few ideas to use a prediction with this, I think Colin McCloud has some ideas in his book 'Divine' using places etc, I think I remember seeing Dan White use a routine similar, but I think he used Scan 3D, I think it is on youtube somewhere, if not I think I remember seeing the routine in the Scan 3D thread, but am thinking something along similar lines, but need to get it scripted first before using in real world, will report back to let you know how it plays, I have no fear about getting caught

Yeah exactly, the guy in the video did get caught - by me, so you are telling him 'it's time to go home'. Yes your right we as magicians see more than the lay etc but your original post indicated someone noticing this regardless if magician or not - hence my post.

I watched a fellow magician and experienced performer get caught using a TT the other day. He performed a kenetic spinning spoons type effect... His angles were fine (no one behind him etc and there was just a tiny bit showing of the TT even his colour match was perfect - yet someone called him on it (which I did t think they would) AND IT WASNT THAT THEY ALREADY KNEW THE SECRET ETC. So I guess it's time for him to go home lol.

The point is you are going to get eagle eyed spectators regardless, more so those who this is not being performed for and you will I feel get caught. For the amount of time this is open in play, I feel you 'may' get caught. [/quote]

I make my living doing magic and have for 30 years, magic is as much presentation as trick. We will occasionally get caught from time to time but that's all. You're spending way too much time on things that are covered in magic 101. By the way, most magicians I see do a terrible tt.
Every beginner magic set has a t******p in it now. With that said, proper management will make this invisible. Proper motivation for ditching the gimmick will be needed.

I agree, most magicians I have seen in the magic shops do a terrible t******p.

I am curious how sensitive the detection device is? How close do you need to be to get a reliable reading?

Has anyone tried it with coins to see how well that works?
This is the little exchange I had with Rasmus on pm. I am sharing it here becuz there is nothing really 'personal' in this.

"Rasmus - you don't have to pretend, that crediting is given, if the method is different and imho much better if you feel that this is a ripp off, don't buy it
Banachek told me, that my method was never published before and I was not influenced by any existing methods thanks.

IMAGINACIAN - Hi Rasmus, Sorry if I sounded harsh. I am just making a point. And I would have been happier if you had posted this same thing in the topic thread, instead of sending me a pm. I am in a position to reconfirm with both Steve and Charles. But reckon it would be better if YOU do it.

Rasmus - no problem I wrote Charles an e-mail no answer"
Rasmus should have checked with Charles first instead of Banachek.
Rasmus,

If Steve Banachek has endorsed x ray, as you claimed, I have not seen that on any of the sales pages of x ray. Can you please share what exactly Banachek cleared about x ray?

And if you need to be put in touch with Charles Gauci, I am sure many here would be ready to help you. BTW all his contact info is on his website.

I do not know if Steve or Charles are on here.

Rasmus, I respect you as a creative co-artist in this field and hope x ray is just an 'off day' in your otherwise excellent lineup.
What I mean is, I have made my point and am moving on. Best wishes to all concerned.
Mine came in today, and to be clear / fair, I have not watched the video yet, but....

Testing on myself, I need to get close, to the point of almost brushing against (sometimes actually having to) the hand holding the ball to "sense" anything. Anyone have any feedback around sensitivity?
You need to adjust the fit - the space at the very end determines the sensitivity. You probably have too much room there; try reducing that space.

Jim
I made that assumption and tried several positions. Works GREAT if I lay the ball on my open hand, but in a closed fist I can't seem to get it to a place where it works as I'd expect.

I'll do the right thing and watch the DVD this evening before commenting further / passing any form of judgement.
Jason, try using a pk ring as the object to detect, works fantastically well, can use the latter line along the lines of your wedding ring or something along those lines or a ring you found on the ground that you have a peculiar association with etc etc blah blah
Patter line that should say
Always watch the dvd or read the instructions first.
Before you ever experiment with a effect.In some case's
you can break a gimmick not knowing how it works properly.
There was certainly nothing to break in this instance so I felt pretty safe.

I've now watched the download and I was setting everything up per what is recommended (with the exception of not having yet trimmed the gimmic which would have no impact other than visual.

I agree a PK ring would likely work VERY well, maybe it's time to break down and order one, but that shouldn't have to be the case given this effect is supplied with the intended object.

Don't get me wrong guys, I "can" make this happen, but it seems to depend on how I am holding the ball. Looser vs tighter grip, where it sits in my fist, etc... Sometimes I can barely tell, other times, not at all.

I really want to give this a fair shot, but if I can't get it to work consistently and reliably in my own hand..... Seems like the ball isn't "powerful" enough of an object.
I tried this on my wife and made her clench her fists so tight the knuckles turned white, this still detected the ball/ring takes some getting used to the right feel, but works every time
Yes, to be clear, it worked better with a tighter fist. I also heard "make a tight fist" stated in the download, but I had to squeeze pretty darn tight.

Sorry, spectator, can you hold your fist tighter for me, I can't tell where it is with you holding it loosely. Can't make that one play. :)

[quote]On Jun 13, 2016, Daren wrote:
I tried this on my wife and made her clench her fists so tight the knuckles turned white, this still detected the ball/ring takes some getting used to the right feel, but works every time [/quote]
Wary after reading so many comments.

It seems like it's not such an original approach, and not so "new" as stated on the ad:

[B]"X-Ray is the first Which Hand effect and Kurotsuke method to date, that gives you the ability, with rolled up sleeves and no electronics, to guess with 100% accuracy, where the hidden object is."[/B]

Not sure if that statement is 100% accurate (I wouldn't think so), after all the approaches that have been released by Charles Gauci's. Also add a lot more of approaches like Prevaricator, Manoeda, Tequila Hustler, etc. Or the one released on MindSight which uses technology, but it's different from other tech approaches out there. :)

By now, I'm definitely more interested in reading Charles Gauci's book.

Andreu.
Sorry just need to get them to hold ball tight in their hand that's all that needs to be said to spectator, this works a dream, I love it
[quote]On Jun 13, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Rasmus, I respect you as a creative co-artist in this field and hope x ray is just an 'off day' in your otherwise excellent lineup.[/quote]
Wasn't there a similar discussion and doubtfulness years ago about his (or, as others considered: Peter Eggink's) haunted deck effect?
I bought one of these http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/products/super-strong-magnetic-coin-by-warped-magic super strong magnetic coins and it seems to work a lot better with X-Ray than the ball. Also makes more sense imho to borrow a coin or use your own rather than a black ball.

I don't use a TT very often, and have not done regularly for years, When looking through the trailer footage and edit, we chose to leave the gimmick in. Why? because we knew people would have a moan if we concealed it or cut it out, and we wanted to give an honest trailer!

I guess you can't win either way! Luckily, spectators don't tend to pause and rematch live performances too much! Even though I felt very comfortable using the gimmick, I am sure those with more experience in that type will feel right at home with it!

1. I asked if they were impressed by the trailer, and they were not much. 2. I asked why and they thought that the method used was closer to 3D scan actually. They were wrong but their sense of the underlying physics was on the right path. [/quote]

I think that is a bit of an unfair move: if you show laymen (especially friends) a trailer of a PRODUCT, you are essentially telling them 'there is a method to this that anyone can do'

If you were to show them a performance, I think You would get different results!
[quote]On Jun 13, 2016, Daren wrote:
But they did not notice the method for Xray? [/quote]

You mean if they saw the flash of the gimmick? No. Didn't guess the actual method either. But the fact that they could come up with something close is a concern for me because even if they are wrong, it means that they can convince themselves that they are right and thus are not impressed. I think that a good trick should let no possible clue.
[quote]On Jun 14, 2016, MarcLavelle wrote:

I don't use a TT very often, and have not done regularly for years, When looking through the trailer footage and edit, we chose to leave the gimmick in. Why? because we knew people would have a moan if we concealed it or cut it out, and we wanted to give an honest trailer!

I guess you can't win either way! Luckily, spectators don't tend to pause and rematch live performances too much! Even though I felt very comfortable using the gimmick, I am sure those with more experience in that type will feel right at home with it!

1. I asked if they were impressed by the trailer, and they were not much. 2. I asked why and they thought that the method used was closer to 3D scan actually. They were wrong but their sense of the underlying physics was on the right path. [/quote]

I think that is a bit of an unfair move: if you show laymen (especially friends) a trailer of a PRODUCT, you are essentially telling them 'there is a method to this that anyone can do'

If you were to show them a performance, I think You would get different results! [/quote]

Well, they know me and none of them are convinced that I have real powers even when they are genuinely impressed with a trick. When I impress them, they know that there is a secret method but their faces clearly tell something like "OK there is something going on but you fooled me, well done." I feel afraid that they won't get this feeling from this one, I suspect that they will be intrigued but not impressed from their reactions.
It is for sure true that a live performance would do better than a video indeed but I am still too hesitant, I can't see this replacing something from my current set and I totally respect anyone who would think otherwise.

That may just be a reaction to the guess which hand plot. Not very impressive by itself. Why should I care that you can guess the hand? I just received this and must say this is a very good method to accomplish that plot but I think this can be made much more entertaining by giving the spectator a reason to care about what is happening. One approach for this is to make the spectator the psychic and match your own hands or a target card. Much stronger reactions any time we make the effect about the spectator. So many effects can be recast this way.
Agreed, and I fully plan on coming up with the right routine to give this one a fair shot. Getting the spectator invested in the routine makes all the difference.

I also think it makes sense to tie it in to Tequila Hustler. Starting with the right back-story / setup (lie detector?) perform TH, and, now, I think I know enough about you ("spec") to guess properly each time without asking ANY questions. Lets give it a shot...
The kurotsuke (I think that's the right word) routine with this is excellent. I also have a nifty bank night routine with 2 or more envelopes using the method. I'm really happy I bought it.
Best,

Séa
[quote]On Jun 14, 2016, Gaijin wrote:
Well, they know me and none of them are convinced that I have real powers even when they are genuinely impressed with a trick. When I impress them, they know that there is a secret method but their faces clearly tell something like "OK there is something going on but you fooled me, well done." I feel afraid that they won't get this feeling from this one, I suspect that they will be intrigued but not impressed from their reactions.
It is for sure true that a live performance would do better than a video indeed but I am still too hesitant, I can't see this replacing something from my current set and I totally respect anyone who would think otherwise. [/quote]

The which hand plot on its own will never be a strong effect, as it is literally a 50/50.

Using the standard which hand to move on to other routines, like building it to a which hand with 10 people (one item) amplifies the effect (whichever method you prefer to use!)

I currently use a gimmickless version, an electronic version, and this version for which hand and similar 'location' effects, but I am a fan of mixing methods! If you already perform this, and are happy with how everything goes, then of course don't buy it for the sake of buying it!

As a standalone effect, I am fond of the bag routine though with paper balls and a borrowed note.
Interest points Marc. However, I feel the 50 50 plot CAN be a strong routine. When I'm performing it I always give them a chance to change their mind and I also tell them to switch hands a few times. Before I reveal the hand I always get them to confirm that it really felt like they had a free choice and that they were in control. Then I reveal which hand. This confirmation kind of raises them up to a height mentally and then you just drop them down with the reveal. Of course if you repeat this a few times getting confirmation each time that they were in control the effect just builds and builds. After about 3 times I close out the effect mentioning that I could do this all night.

Best,

Séa
Well, there are billions of presentations out there.

I think this thread should be used to discuss the product quality / originality itself and not the individual presentations we all have.

If you want to know some more useful presentational ploys, maybe read MindSight? http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18684

The usual ploy with which hand is the classical truthteller / liar plot, but I insist - there are billions of approaches out there.

Best,

Andreu.
I'm about to order mine from warped.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, Relick666 wrote:

I think this thread should be used to discuss the product quality / originality itself and not the individual presentations we all have.

Best,

Andreu. [/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more.

Best

Steve
There's really nothing to see if you're polished performer. And if you're not, find a different career or hobby.
[/quote]
Wow, what an encouraging piece of advice for beginners.

If you want to know some more useful presentational ploys, maybe read MindSight? http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18684

The usual ploy with which hand is the classical truthteller / liar plot, but I insist - there are billions of approaches out there.

Best,

Andreu. [/quote]

Haha

Thanks Andreu, what product is that you are suggesting I take a look at?

Seriously!
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, Andrew Zuber wrote:
There's really nothing to see if you're polished performer. And if you're not, find a different career or hobby.
[/quote]
Wow, what an encouraging piece of advice for beginners. [/quote]

Andrew, this is not a political battle. My comment was made in reference to several posts made before. My comment is really not out of line considering if you're always getting caught, something is obviously wrong. It's always magicians griping why something doesn't work instead of resolving the mechanics and presentations required to a polished performance. In the case of X-ray, there are better methods and things you use for better results.

Best

Steve
Why is every one giving Rasmuss the banjo? He's just relaeased a trick not a crime
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Why is every one giving Rasmuss the banjo? He's just relaeased a trick not a crime [/quote]

Well actually he did. He released a trick belonging to someone else without proper recognition and permission even after having contact with Gauci is still numb to ethics.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, seamagu wrote:

Best,

Andreu. [/quote]

Haha

Thanks Andreu, what product is that you are suggesting I take a look at?

Seriously! [/quote]

Well, I don't need you to check out anything, in fact thanks for proving my point - everyone talks about a lot of stuff and NOT about the product itself (X-Ray) ;)

Does anyone have a real review that explains why this is better than Charles version?

What are the advantages of performing this over Kurosuke from Maven?

Best,

Andreu.
Charles ask me to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bOyQOqCyI

It shows why one is a toy and the other a tool.
Loved it.

Thanks for posting it Steven!

I had seen the Eye 2 Eye performance, but not this one.

Cheers,

Andreu
Is the Charles Gauci version even available anymore?
Yes, I believe it is. Will let you know.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, Mystification wrote:
Is the Charles Gauci version even available anymore? [/quote]

Stevens Magic Emporium USA

Magic Box in UK

Here is his lastest version of eye to eye uncut. Pay attention to the third phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpGDVr1vlrE
Hmmm, I can't find Eye To Eye for sale on either site nor does a Google search produce any merchant stocking it. Perhaps you meant that those sites have the Gauci book for sale? Or am I missing something?
I believe Stevens has, its just not listed as with the other site. Charles told me they both have specials on them.
This has so whetted my appetite for Eye to Eye, so need to find it and purchase it.
I love the way Charles performes this effect.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:

It shows why one is a toy and the other a tool. [/quote]
On the Kurotsuke effect one might like to read [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=416361&forum=15&post=7078079][b]THIS[/b][/url] five year old post.

[b]For info purpose only please[/b].

Continue please . . . :)

I hate to be the voice of dissension here...but....I find Charles method to be so unnatural. The participant is standing there like a mummy with her hand held out in front of her. High in the air. He is constantly touching her hands with both of his hands, and I mean actually making contact. And I found the presentation to be boring. I think a lot of people would start to lose interest in this one. At least with X-Ray you can easily ditch the gimmick, not sure how easy it is to get rid of the gimmick on the Gauci version. If he is using the ones he used to sell, not easy at all.
I agree, I totally love Xray, it is very easy to use and gets great reactions, I have tried the which hand effect a few times now and my presentation of this effect is building nicely, I love it! in fact here is the script I have used for this effect

Talk about Psychological behaviours and about people keeping a poker face when playing high stakes poker, say that you have trained yourself to detect when people are lying and the look on their face and the tone of their voice and signals gives me clues as to where things are, we will play for £10 and if I get it wrong in 1 times out of 4 you get to keep the money if I get it right I get to keep the money ok

1st time: Here we have a £1 coin and I’d like you to place your hands behind your back and place the coin into one of your hands and bring them forward like this with fingers pointing upwards, a little further apart is good (this is when you get your read), now I’d like you to answer yes to both questions ok, so once you will be lying and the other you’ll be telling the truth ok, is the coin here? Is the coin here? I sensed a slight detection on your answer so the coin is here, you probably thought I can see somehow through the fingers of your hand, let’s do it again

2nd time: Place your hands behind your back and bring them forward fist upwards this time (adjust their hands slightly, this is when you get the read), you are probably going to trick me now as a lot of people would place the coin back in the same hand but some people do try and throw me off and this time you placed the coin here, am I right

3rd time: Again place your hands behind your back and place the coin in the hand that feels right so the other would be left empty, bring your hands forward a little lower (as you move their hands, again this is when you get your read), see not sure whether you picked up on my verbal wording there but I said place the coin in the hand that feels right and the other would be left empty, so you picked up on that and placed the coin in the right hand/or you picked up on that so you placed the coin in the opposite hand, so the coin is here

4th time: Here is the final opportunity to catch me out for £20! Bring your hands forward, keep a poker face as best you can, further apart, tell you what cross your hands over, excellent! Now a lot of people would try and hide the hand that has the coin by placing it underneath/but you are probably aware of that so you placed it in your hand above/or so the coin is in the hand that is underneath yours, am I right

Game of poker anyone?
I do agree about Eye to Eye. I love the ingenious concept, I don't like how it has to play out as it feels unnatural.

Here's loosely where I'm going with this...

The concept is around lie detecting, etc...

Routine starts with setting up the premise (which hand) and how as much as everyone has seen lie detectors in TV and movies, nothing is better than actually being able to "read" a person directly.

First a control question (just like the've seen around actual lie detectors). Do you know which hand is your right hand? Please show me..
Second, move into 2 rounds of Tequila Hustler. Include some hand movement, the X-Ray gimmick is not in play, and they are getting used to the hand movements.
Third - I think I can now read you without any questions at all, just by looking into your eyes - perform X-Ray version. Moving your hands is now already expected since you've done it when you didn't really need to. Additionally, bringing your hands near theirs is justified as you are "reading" their reaction / eyes as your hands pass briefly by theirs.

Clearly I've left out the scripting here, but hopefully that conveys the concept well.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:

It shows why one is a toy and the other a tool. [/quote]

I'll agree that Charles is likely one of the most underrated and copied creators in the industry. I've been a fan of his work for years.

That said, despite being an alleged rip-off, I think calling X-Ray a toy is unfair. Strictly talking about the method, it's only a means to the same end. The performances of these effects are apples and oranges. One is a raw, presentationless demo... the other is a refined, theatrical showpiece.

RS.
Jason Alexander does what I think is very entertaining Which Hand routine. He repeats the effect several times.
He shows it as part of his Penguin lecture also. He doesn't say what method he uses exactly but if you're familiar with them you can figure it out.
Virtually any method could probably be adapted to it however. Although he does explain that his routine came about by working around the requirements of the method he uses.
But he makes it fun and interesting as a stand-up piece as well as amazing.
...the workings *is* different-ish... its more like porting over the "thing" in a different way more than anything else really...

...for the price, there's two things I didn't like though, a) the quality of the little bag, c'mon now...a decent looking and much better quality bag can be bought for pennies on e.bay and elsewhere...

and b) the item that comes with it to make it work, you only get one of...considering the costs (like in my first point) would have been nice to have three of them...

the spheres for the kurotsoke routine are very nice...
Charles just emailed me and is going to make 100 sets to distribute to dealers.

Best

Steve
I don't understand why the video of Charles was posted earlier. That is a completely different method than Rasmus's...
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
I don't understand why the video of Charles was posted earlier. That is a completely different method than Rasmus's... [/quote]

It has everything to do with Rasmus's. Only the first two phases are different while Phase 3 is his technique which is what is in question. This is well documented that Charles was using the technique Rasmus says he created. Charles chooses to use both in his routine.
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:
I don't understand why the video of Charles was posted earlier. That is a completely different method than Rasmus's... [/quote]

It has everything to do with Rasmus's. Only the first two phases are different while Phase 3 is his technique which is what is in question. This is well documented that Charles was using the technique Rasmus says he created. Charles chooses to use both in his routine. [/quote]

In the video posted above, I can most certainly say Rasmus's technique is not being used.
I think most of us here know roughly what's going on here. I have actually tried to make one of these myself ages ago with the, ah...more conventional accoutrement, shall we say, without much success. It just wasn't sensitive enough for my liking. (It was at the time of the release of a wristwatch which helped you achieve this effect, and there was a lengthy thread on the Café about whether there were lower-tech variants.)

I wonder if someone who has this might PM me to describe exactly what I am getting? If it's just a [thing] inside [another thing] then I can't see it being worth the price and it is CERTAINLY not new. Indeed, it has been discussed on the Café before without people being so coy about methods.

On the other hand, if Rasmus has refined the workings then I would definitely consider buying because it's a great trick.
You want to know how it works?! Some of us buy it to use it, not give its workings away for free...
[quote]On Jun 17, 2016, videoman wrote:
Jason Alexander does what I think is very entertaining Which Hand routine. He repeats the effect several times.
He shows it as part of his Penguin lecture also. He doesn't say what method he uses exactly but if you're familiar with them you can figure it out.
Virtually any method could probably be adapted to it however. Although he does explain that his routine came about by working around the requirements of the method he uses.
But he makes it fun and interesting as a stand-up piece as well as amazing. [/quote]

Simply proves a point. Your success in this stuff is not in any gimmick but in your ability and willingness to practice and make it perfect.

Get whatever method you'd like but if you don't work it into a nice well developed routine you'll just put it on the shelf.

I'm willing to wager Jason put more time into developing his routine than he did in finding the perfect gimmick.

Lile my friend ustaad says ".... Continue please"

J
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, Ross W wrote:
I think most of us here know roughly what's going on here. I have actually tried to make one of these myself ages ago with the, ah...more conventional accoutrement, shall we say, without much success. It just wasn't sensitive enough for my liking. (It was at the time of the release of a wristwatch which helped you achieve this effect, and there was a lengthy thread on the Café about whether there were lower-tech variants.)

I wonder if someone who has this might PM me to describe exactly what I am getting? If it's just a [thing] inside [another thing] then I can't see it being worth the price and it is CERTAINLY not new. Indeed, it has been discussed on the Café before without people being so coy about methods.

On the other hand, if Rasmus has refined the workings then I would definitely consider buying because it's a great trick. [/quote]
Pay for the secret like every one else mate, total scrounger there

It has everything to do with Rasmus's. Only the first two phases are different while Phase 3 is his technique which is what is in question. This is well documented that Charles was using the technique Rasmus says he created. Charles chooses to use both in his routine. [/quote]

In the video posted above, I can most certainly say Rasmus's technique is not being used. [/quote]
Sorry but you're wrong.
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, IAIN wrote:
You want to know how it works?! Some of us buy it to use it, not give its workings away for free... [/quote]

Don't be daft. I know perfectly well what's going on. My query - which has now been answered by PM - was to ascertain the quality and/or uniqueness of the gimmick.
Who ever told you is breaking the magicians code and is being dis-respectful to the creator

In the video posted above, I can most certainly say Rasmus's technique is not being used. [/quote]
Sorry but you're wrong. [/quote]

Sir... I have seen the video "Body Language" came from. He doesn't use the same gimmick as Rasmus's effect. It's a different method. The receivers are completely different.
Suspense!!! :cool:

[b]In the video posted above, I can most certainly say Rasmus's technique is not being used.[/b] [/quote]

[b]Sorry but you're wrong.[/b] [/quote]

[b]Sir... I have seen the video "Body Language" came from. He doesn't use the same gimmick as Rasmus's effect. It's a different method. The receivers are completely different.[/b] [/quote]

[b]@ MadisonH:[/b]

I had already said enough and hence I had decided to refrain myself from further commenting on this thread. However since two very experienced people don't agree with each other I thought of stepping in. OKay here is my say:-

Steven Conner had very openly compared the two gimmicks (in this thread), but due to exposure the post was deleted. What Steven Conner had said is factually correct. Hence I humbly suggest that you may please like to contact Steven Conner in private so that the facts are known.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hi Ustaad!!

I believe that he may have a method similar to Gaucci's method! I'm not disputing that. I'm simply disputing the fact that the video posted of the body language effect DOES NOT use the same method as X-Ray. Without saying too much, Charles is wearing a beautiful wedding ring, don't you think? Rasmus method does not need any jewelry.

I re-watched Charles explanation just a few moments ago so again, I can say for a fact that the method shown in the video above is not XRay.

Again, he may have an improvement on his eye contact routine which is similar. I have not seen that. However it is unfair to post that video which utilizes a different receiver gimmick.
I think people are getting a tad confused... Charle's eye to eye works on the same type receiver as x Ray, but his body language effect (as in the video link) is totally different in gimmick and method. So when people are referring to similarities etc in Charles effect to X-ray its eye to eye and not body language.

Hi Ustaad!!

I believe that he may have a method similar to Rasmus's method! I'm not disputing that. I'm simply disputing the fact that the video posted of the body language effect DOES NOT use the same method as X-Ray. Without saying too much, Charles is wearing a beautiful wedding ring, don't you think? Rasmus method does not need any jewelry.

I re-watched Charles explanation just a few moments ago so again, I can say for a fact that the method shown in the video above is not XRay.
[/quote]

MadisonH, When comparing with X-ray the ring is not in play (for the third part of Eye-To-Eye effect in Gauci's performance video), and that is the reason I humbly requested you that you may please like to check with Steven Conner in private.

P.S.
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, PRINCE wrote:

I think people are getting a tad confused... [b]Charle's eye to eye works on the same type receiver as x Ray[/b], but his body language effect (as in the video link) is totally different in gimmick and method. So when people are referring to similarities etc in Charles effect to X-ray its eye to eye and not body language. [/quote]

That's it - Charle's eye to eye works on the same type receiver as x Ray. Thank you for clearing this PRINCE.
I think people are getting a tad confused... Charle's eye to eye works on the same type receiver as x Ray, but his body language effect (as in the video link) is totally different in gimmick and method. So when people are referring to similarities etc in Charles effect to X-ray its eye to eye and not body language. [/quote]

Exactly. I'm aware that eye to eye is similar.

What I don't understand is why the video of body language was posted in this thread to imply his body language routine uses the same method as Xray (it clearly doesn't.)

[b]Exactly. I'm aware that eye to eye is similar.[/b]
[/quote]

:bg:

[b]You said it![/b] Thank you. And with that we can put an end to this episode. ;) :)

What I don't understand is why the video of body language was posted in this thread to imply his body language routine uses the same method as Xray (it clearly doesn't.) [/quote]

That's a different episode. We can now talk on that if need be, but better it's left alone. :) ;)

[b]Please Note:[/b] Gauci has created two different types of receivers for his Eye-To-Eye effect. And as I believe, Gauci uses both types of receivers when performing his Eye-To-Eye (Which Hand) effect.
I think people are getting a tad confused... Charle's eye to eye works on the same type receiver as x Ray, but his body language effect (as in the video link) is totally different in gimmick and method. So when people are referring to similarities etc in Charles effect to X-ray its eye to eye and not body language. [/quote]

Exactly. I'm aware that eye to eye is similar.

What I don't understand is why the video of body language was posted in this thread to imply his body language routine uses the same method as Xray (it clearly doesn't.) [/quote]

Yep your right - I have no idea why it was posted because as you said completely different
Ok guys, here is what the ad says:

( XRAYRASMUS ) Trick
R: $49.95
Difficulty:No Skill Required
Walk AroundStreetParlor, StageMentalism

The ultimate Which Hand effect + the ultimate Kurotsuke Effect!

Instructions

Download
Description:

"The method is simple yet goes completely undected by spectators. It’s a really nice and open handling of Which Hand. You could do this over and over and always be 100% right." -Paul Romhany, *Reviews Vanish Magazine The ultimate Which Hand effect + the ultimate Kurotsuke Effect!
All needed props included!

X-Ray is the first Which Hand effect and Kurotsuke method to date, that gives you the ability, with rolled up sleeves and no electronics, to guess with 100% accuracy, where the hidden object is. For the first time in magic, Rasmus shares his underground method, that is extremely simple and deceptive to lay people and to magicians as well.

X-Ray uses no electronics and can be performed sleeveless. There is no need to touch the spectators. The method is self contained. You could even do both effects Which Hand and Kurotsuke completely naked if you wanted to.

Includes one black and 4 white balls, for the strongest and most fireproof Which Hand and Kurotsuke style effects, where you guess with 100% accuracy, in which hand the black ball is.

Do it one to one with one black ball
Do it with 5 spectators
Do it with one white and one black ball to one spectator
Do it with a coin or with 2 different coins to one spectator
You know at all times, where which of the coins is (coins not included)

- Extremely simple to use
- 100% accurate every single time
- No complicated setups
- No long and complicated stories to tell
- No electronics
- No noise issues
- Completely self contained
- Invisible method
- Everything you need is included
- Works also perfectly with coins (coins are not included)
- Same range as other professional devices
- No need to touch the spectators
- Instant get in and get out
- 100% original and never before published method
- Perfect for TV shows (no sound issues and no electronics in play)
- No interferences or noise issues with microphones
- Which Hand and Kurotsuke included
- You get a nice velvet bag with 5 plastic balls (one is black) and the gimmick that allows you to do these miracles.

You can do the same with Charles. Just wanted you to see a quality routine.

Here's the bottom line, Rasmus did not create a new idea. Its well documented from a video of years past and from a book. The ad clearly states "Kurotsuke".

Best

Steve
You do know Kurotsuke is an old Max Maven effect.
I never had Charles' version of kurotsuke, I did have his medallion effect though...the gimmick(s) you got with that are not what you get with x-ray...however! in my mind it is similar in a weird way...for me, I was never comfortable with the gimmick and where it was placed (and that was how it was described in the instructions)...

i don't know about the history of the gimmicking of the spheres though...

there is a similarity between charles' gimmick in the medallion effect and the gimmick you use for x-ray, however, sometimes its a fine line between influence and something being too close to the original. Is x-ray far away enough? I *think* it is...as the items used are different, and how you wear them and how the routines are taught...i didn't watch all the download for x-ray, so don't know about crediting...and of course, people who gave him quotes, I would have hoped say to rasmus "hey, this isn't exactly like Charles', but maybe drop him a line..."

and maybe that happened...dunno...

Charles is certainly well known enough within the community, and so are his effects...
You know literally someone is going to post "where can I see this version" or "where can I buy this version" it's on his video mind set.
The company Unleash Your Dreams did release 'stones of divinity' which DID use the exact same gimmick as Eye 2 Eye, but felt cheaper...when I saw it, I emailed them, they said they didn't know about it and would "add Charles to the credits" and didn't reply when I said that they should stop making it...

or eddie burke's version "Black balled", which uses the original maven method...

there's a few more out there...
PRetty sure I said that I remember others playing with this idea, that I had played with it myself and not original however I don't know of anyone who published it. This did not mean it had not, it was that I was not aware of anyone publishing it. I know for a fact many have used and played with the method. I even put the method into a watch that I could hear. A watch with the compass removed.
Wow was just told Penguin already sold out...

Nice to see you here Banachek.....hope Houston not as hot as San Antonio...
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, Karl M wrote:
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, Ross W wrote:

On the other hand, if Rasmus has refined the workings then I would definitely consider buying because it's a great trick. [/quote]

Pay for the secret like every one else mate, total scrounger there [/quote]
Karl The irony of this is sickening
What is it mate?
[quote]On Jun 19, 2016, Banachek wrote:
PRetty sure I said that I remember others playing with this idea, that I had played with it myself and not original however I don't know of anyone who published it. This did not mean it had not, it was that I was not aware of anyone publishing it. I know for a fact many have used and played with the method. I even put the method into a watch that I could hear. A watch with the compass removed. [/quote]

Thank you so much for the clarification.

BTW, just saw this https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/body-language-eye-to-eye-special-package-gauci/
[quote]On Jun 19, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
[quote]On Jun 19, 2016, Banachek wrote:
PRetty sure I said that I remember others playing with this idea, that I had played with it myself and not original however I don't know of anyone who published it. This did not mean it had not, it was that I was not aware of anyone publishing it. I know for a fact many have used and played with the method. I even put the method into a watch that I could hear. A watch with the compass removed. [/quote]

Thank you so much for the clarification.

BTW, just saw this https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/body-language-eye-to-eye-special-package-gauci/ [/quote]

Wow.
[quote]On Jun 19, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
just saw this https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/body-language-eye-to-eye-special-package-gauci/ [/quote]

Wow... I think I just may have to purchase that incredible deal!
Just ordered it myself. Couldn't pass it up and hey...it's Father's Day!
I ordered as well. I can do a comparison of Charle's method and xray
[quote]On Jun 19, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
I ordered as well. I can do a comparison of Charle's method and xray [/quote]
I think a lot of us will appreciate it when you do :)
"what could be more idiotic, than guessing which ball is in a spectators fist. The very notion of using this as a routine is sophomoric"

Burn...
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
You do know Kurotsuke is an old Max Maven effect. [/quote]

Yes indeed and a dang good one at that. Just 5 marbles and a lunch bag. No gimmicks and a killer routine. :ohyes:
[quote]On Jun 20, 2016, robd wrote:
"what could be more idiotic, than guessing which ball is in a spectators fist. The very notion of using this as a routine is sophomoric"

Burn... [/quote]

But when using 5 spectators and ten hands.
It gets very interesting.
[quote]On Jun 20, 2016, bowers wrote:
[quote]On Jun 20, 2016, robd wrote:

Burn... [/quote]

But when using 5 spectators and ten hands.
It gets very interesting. [/quote]

I agree, I have great reactions for years with Kurotsuke. I really do not like to do it, bored with it but refuse to take it out of my show due to the reactions. :eek:
Well I find all this !@#$%ing very interesting, I knew exactly what I was buying when I got this and was happy with my purchase.

I also have body language and eye to eye.

Just to clarify...body language is NOTHING like XRAY or EYE TO EYE and Im really shocked as to why it has even been mentioned???? baffling

BUT I would like to say this....

EYE to EYE should be taken of the market as IMO its incredibly dangerous and should not be sold IMO.
I bought it years ago and ended up in hospital with the gimmick lodged in my inner ear canal and had to have surgery to have it removed.
It caused permanent damage to my inner ear and as a result I would recomend magicians avoid it like the plaque.
don't get me wrong the idea is very clever and uses the same priniciple as XRAY.....but the gimick is not safe to use.
I have a fairly normal sized ear canal and used the gimmick as per the instructions, but on trying to remove the gimmick it slipped.
and has caused me serious ear problems for many years.

Please understand I'm not knocking the trick for no reason, I'm now partially deaf in my left ear as result of using this.
The reason I bought XRAY is I guessed it used a similar methis but in a safe and non dangerous way.

You have been warned, its upto you if you want to risk permanent damage to your hearing.
I also have EYE to EYE and BODY LANGUAGE (among other things!) that I got from Mr Charles gauci in NICE after his GREAT conference. I Never dared using EYE to EYE as I was feeling uncomfortable with it. But It was really a great conference and clever ideas all the way. One of the best we had here IMHO. I'd just wish we had another one on his Power of the mind. .
I also got X-RAY and after some great support from RASMUS via PM, and an improved gimmick (for "Which hand" and also for KUROTSUKE), I now have an additional solution to one of my favorite impromptu plots (that other artists find boring, but that's another story (-:.
When you say improved gimmick, are you referring to the packaged gimmick with X-Ray, or something else? Do tell....

[quote]On Jun 21, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:
I also have EYE to EYE and BODY LANGUAGE (among other things!) that I got from Mr Charles gauci in NICE after his GREAT conference. I Never dared using EYE to EYE as I was feeling uncomfortable with it. But It was really a great conference and clever ideas all the way. One of the best we had here IMHO. I'd just wish we had another one on his Power of the mind. .
I also got X-RAY and after some great support from RASMUS via PM, and an improved gimmick (for "Which hand" and also for KUROTSUKE), I now have an additional solution to one of my favorite impromptu plots (that other artists find boring, but that's another story (-:. [/quote]
A stronger receiver, that's all.
I also got X-RAY and after some great support from RASMUS via PM, and an improved gimmick (for "Which hand" and also for KUROTSUKE), I now have an additional solution to one of my favorite impromptu plots (that other artists find boring, but that's another story (-:. [/quote]
Thanks for the reviews :)
A stronger receiver, that's all. [/quote]
Do you mean X-Ray is a gimmick with stronger range when compared to Eye to Eye? I think that is where you are still unclear to some of us.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2016, drjohn wrote:
Well I find all this !@#$%ing very interesting, I knew exactly what I was buying when I got this and was happy with my purchase.

Just to clarify...body language is NOTHING like XRAY or EYE TO EYE and Im really shocked as to why it has even been mentioned???? baffling

EYE to EYE should be taken of the market as IMO its incredibly dangerous and should not be sold IMO.
I bought it years ago and ended up in hospital with the gimmick lodged in my inner ear canal and had to have surgery to have it removed.
It caused permanent damage to my inner ear and as a result I would recomend magicians avoid it like the plaque.
don't get me wrong the idea is very clever and uses the same priniciple as XRAY.....but the gimick is not safe to use.
I have a fairly normal sized ear canal and used the gimmick as per the instructions, but on trying to remove the gimmick it slipped.

Please understand I'm not knocking the trick for no reason, I'm now partially deaf in my left ear as result of using this.
The reason I bought XRAY is I guessed it used a similar methis but in a safe and non dangerous way.

You have been warned, its upto you if you want to risk permanent damage to your hearing. [/quote]

Well that's scary.
I'll have to find a better one as well as the one that came in the package has proven unreliable on several occasions. Thankfully, one more suitable should be easy enough to procure.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying, you had to replace the gimmick used in x-ray with a stronger gimmick or are you saying that x-ray already has a strong gimmick?
The specific component being discussed would have to be purchased in order to "upgrade".

[quote]On Jun 22, 2016, Mystification wrote:

Let me see if I understand what you are saying, you had to replace the gimmick used in x-ray with a stronger gimmick or are you saying that x-ray already has a strong gimmick? [/quote]
What I meant is that the ball provided was not strong enough, for me at least.(for the which hand effect). I was just getting 3 to 4 cm range maximum.
You will need to use a stronger and quality coin for instance. This is not provided in X-Ray as specified in the description of the product.
So to clarify, with what you get, you can do Kurotsuke right away.
For "which hand": If you cannot easily detect the signal,like me, you will have to buy a coin if you haven't got one already.
Hope it clarifies.
For what its worth, I've tried with a Tango US quarter, without better results. Seems pretty much identical to the ball.
I will be looking to find a stronger replacement for the "other" item. I think it should be possible to find one that fits within the constraints but offers a stronger reading.
I would say that's an entirely personal thing, and how much space you allow the gimmick to 'breathe'...

Everything works straight out of the box/tin...
[quote]On Jun 22, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:
What I meant is that the ball provided was not strong enough, for me at least.(for the which hand effect). I was just getting 3 to 4 cm range maximum.
You will need to use a stronger and quality coin for instance. This is not provided in X-Ray as specified in the description of the product.
For "which hand": If you cannot easily detect the signal,like me, you will have to buy a coin if you haven't got one already.
Hope it clarifies. [/quote]

Sounds kinda silly to buy a trick then have to re buy the gimmick cause it doesn't work.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2016, drjohn wrote:

You have been warned, its upto you if you want to risk permanent damage to your hearing. [/quote]

Seems weird that you can lose partial hearing just because something got stuck in your ear canal. My daughter had a bead stuck in her ear canal once and they simply used a longish pair of tweezers and dislodged it. Never damaged the ear drug which would have to be damaged to affect hearing.

I do agree on the product though. I had it once and put it in my ear, never to do it again. I don't need that kind of prospective problem.
The Super Strong Half Dollars are in the upper thirty dollar range. An additional cost above the x-ray purchase price. I find that women with small hands don't handle the half dollars so easily, you can tell which hand has the half dollar by the way they are holding it. Interesting dilemma. Maybe gimmicking a dollar bill would be easier.
Http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=42609
EURO COIN: http://zauberdiscount.de/advanced_search......&x=0&y=0
[quote]On Jun 22, 2016, John C wrote:
[quote]On Jun 22, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:
Hope it clarifies. [/quote]

Sounds kinda silly to buy a trick then have to re buy the gimmick cause it doesn't work. [/quote]

Touché.
I didn't say it does not work. You don't have to buy the coin either.
Which hand works with the props you get by getting the hand closer, that's all.
I just prefer using a super strong coin because I personnally feel more comfortable like so, and also because it looks more casual than a ball.
(all this is explained in the video)
I am very happy with X-RAY and by the help I got from Rasmus.
Hope this clarifies.
Hi all, just wondering if the kurotsuke routine for this will be suitable for stage performance? cos it looks more like a parlor/close up effect since the balls are so small. has anyone tried before in a stage setting?
X-RAY is a no failure method. I prefer this method to the electronic.
I used the larger magnetic balls I have from the electronic set. I ordered a extra magnetic white ball so that I can do Wayne Dobson's routine from one of his books.
Tricky Ricky
The demo video itself [b]clearly [/b]exposed the method, so nothing to worry about.
Just to confirm.....the Ear To Ear gimmick got lodged deep in my ear canal which is down to it being smooth and as my doctor explained, perfectly designed to just go straight inside...with nothing to prevent the gimmick from sliding inside. They tried to grip the gimmick with long tweazers....it split causing the contents to fall further inside...Upon removing the gimmick no one realised I still had something inside as there was a lot of blood. Three days later I got a serious ear infection and had to have further work done to remove the other part of the gimmick that had not been removed. This resulted in a serious ear infection that has caused me hearing loss...so yes the gimmick should have caused hearing loss but it caused an inner ear infection which was what caused the long term damage..

....maybe I'm unlucky, maybe 99% of people using Ear to Ear wont get an issue, maybe having an object stuck in your inner ear is 'OK' as most people can remove it with tweezers and theres no long term damage so hey whats the harm?...lol

But really is your health worth that miniscule risk lol
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, Karl M wrote:
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, jackaboy wrote:
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, Karl M wrote:
What I never gave the method away or any thing like it [/quote]
not of this trick just many others [/quote]
Non sense show me a example and I eat my hat [/quote]
See, you can't show an exampel so stop giving me the banjo mate
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, drjohn wrote:
Just to confirm.....the Ear To Ear gimmick got lodged deep in my ear canal which is down to it being smooth and as my doctor explained, perfectly designed to just go straight inside...with nothing to prevent the gimmick from sliding inside. They tried to grip the gimmick with long tweazers....it split causing the contents to fall further inside...Upon removing the gimmick no one realised I still had something inside as there was a lot of blood. Three days later I got a serious ear infection and had to have further work done to remove the other part of the gimmick that had not been removed. This resulted in a serious ear infection that has caused me hearing loss...so yes the gimmick should have caused hearing loss but it caused an inner ear infection which was what caused the long term damage..

....maybe I'm unlucky, maybe 99% of people using Ear to Ear wont get an issue, maybe having an object stuck in your inner ear is 'OK' as most people can remove it with tweezers and theres no long term damage so hey whats the harm?...lol

But really is your health worth that miniscule risk lol [/quote]

Sorry to here what has happened to you and I think your post out weighs a lot that has been said regarding, said effect,quite shocked you have not had much reply's.
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:

Sorry to here what has happened to you and I think your post out weighs a lot that has been said regarding, said effect,quite shocked you have not had much reply's. [/quote]

This is indeed unfortunate and the only time I have heard of this happening. As other posts have mentioned, Gauci had created the method for which Rasmus has claimed as his which if you want doesn't necessitate his old method. I like Charles use both methods which clearly give me an edge. I'm not exactly sure of the number, but seems Charles sold literally thousands of his eye to eye without any complaints whatsoever. I have personally PM'd Drjohn. I think this is a very isolated case as the physician could have done a better job snd avoided this terrible situation.

Best

Steve

omg this is just scary, I do have eye to eye, and in fact never feel very safe with it, one day they split by the middle but in my hand, and I just end up puting super glue on both, so they never open again,
as if they open in the ear, you will never be able to extract half of it easily,
if they are securily glued, the hand gimmick itself usually is powerfull enough to push it out the ear, but still is not a safe idea this gimmick.
if anyone still using it, I would suggest to tape it with band-aid at the back of the ear, rather than put it inside the ear canal, way more safer.
Also the lack of a stopper and a secured enclosure, makes this gimmmick a very bad designed idea.
Its so *** easy to mold a "hat" shaped gimmick that warantees safety, rather than a torpedo shape.
It could be isolated, but Jason Alexander, in his Penguin lecture, even mentions having the same ear issue!
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, MinSting wrote:

omg this is just scary, I do have eye to eye, and in fact never feel very safe with it, one day they split by the middle but in my hand, and I just end up puting super glue on both, so they never open again,
as if they open in the ear, you will never be able to extract half of it easily,
if they are securily glued, the hand gimmick itself usually is powerfull enough to push it out the ear, but still is not a safe idea this gimmick.
if anyone still using it, I would suggest to tape it with band-aid at the back of the ear, rather than put it inside the ear canal, way more safer.
Also the lack of a stopper and a secured enclosure, makes this gimmmick a very bad designed idea.
Its so *** easy to mold a "hat" shaped gimmick that warantees safety, rather than a torpedo shape. [/quote]
I like the behind ear idea of yours, it could be took one step further and design it like a hearing aids to be hidden in plane sight, your patter could be whenever the audience tries to talk to you you say "Eh? What? Pardon?" all the time
Http://i.imgur.com/jHpJNub.jpg
at least by picture, this clone looks way better designed than the original,
For the record. Myself along with some of my friends (about 15-20) top pros worldwide have been using eye to eye (originals from Charles Gauci) and some other of his products for at least over 9 years now aggregating thousands of performances. Absolutely fantastic effects with absolutely no problems. Specifically reg eye to eye, Charles made multiple versions, each having its own advantages. Also, right on this forum, there are innumerable threads on eye to eye which some fantastic ideas for usage and routines. 'Behind the ear' is also a very effective alternative, for those who want to be extra cautious. I reckon there are bound to be problems if you got some third grade imitation of e2e and not the original from Charles.

However, my contention throughout this thread has been this - x ray is a inferior rip off of a version of e2e. The pros and cons of e2e by themselves can form the subject of a different thread, maybe (there are already so many here - just search) And imho ripping off an 80 year old veteran who gave so much to our art is just not on. Ethically, Charles should get a royalty from x ray sales - just my very personal feeling.
BTW, for behind the ear options, band aid as suggested by MinSting is a good option. Another option is spirit gum.
This was gonna be my next purchase but reviewing this thread it seems the product is rather mediocre and there are much better options. coupled with rasmus's alleged scummy actions have turned me off this for sure
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:

Sorry to here what has happened to you and I think your post out weighs a lot that has been said regarding, said effect,quite shocked you have not had much reply's. [/quote]

That can't be good.
If I wanted to purchase a reliable kurotsuke effect, is this the best product currently available that comes with everything needed or is there something better that you can purchase right now to do the effect?
You can purchase the original Kurotsuke by Max Maven, it's 100% reliable because it relies on brilliant thinking an nothing else!
Mavens yes it can be done anywhere, 5 marbles and lunch bag. Everything examinable. You cannot do which hand however.

These days Kurotsuke is the most entertaining part of my show. I use something else these days to get the work done but may break out Maven's soon.

Sorry Mike you were called a kid. Shame it has come down to this over a product. Like all things though, soon this thread will die a slow agonizing death when the next new hyped product comes along. Addict I am, I am, I am, we are all addicts and need help or meds or both. :thumbsdown:
O.K. guys give me a break. Everyone compare e2e with x-ray which is a different gimmick and the method. I have an issue with something else...

What surprise me is that nobody talks about the book Beyond the Veil by Franklin released three years ago. In there is The Pebble Game. Same gimmick,same method. Does he get credit?
[quote]On Jun 24, 2016, davidmag wrote:
O.K. guys give me a break. Everyone compare e2e with x-ray which is a different gimmick and the method. I have an issue with something else...

What surprise me is that nobody talks about the book Beyond the Veil by Franklin released three years ago. In there is The Pebble Game. Same gimmick,same method. Does he get credit? [/quote]

Would you credit Sankey for the marlo tilt?
[quote]On Jun 24, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
[quote]On Jun 24, 2016, davidmag wrote:

What surprise me is that nobody talks about the book Beyond the Veil by Franklin released three years ago. In there is The Pebble Game. Same gimmick,same method. Does he get credit? [/quote]

Would you credit Sankey for the marlo tilt? [/quote]

Sankey didn't released marlo tilt as a stand alone item nor claimed that it's new thing in magic.
:huh:
How did Sankey version fair with this one? Better or not as good?
Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but the eye to eye gimmick directions said to remove it using a magnet. Using tweezers your fingers should only push it deeper. But the directions clearly stated removing them with a magnet. I bought his when it first came out at the IBM convention. Later I bought more gimmicks and always remove them the same way.
[quote]On Jun 24, 2016, magicmind wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but the eye to eye gimmick directions said to remove it using a magnet. Using tweezers your fingers should only push it deeper. But the directions clearly stated removing them with a magnet. I bought his when it first came out at the IBM convention. Later I bought more gimmicks and always remove them the same way. [/quote]

Yes because if he said to remove them using surgery there would have been zero sales. Unless it was a heck of trick.
Heard Hocus Pocus is either not selling anymore or a recall. Just heard, no confirmation.
[quote]On Jun 25, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Heard Hocus Pocus is either not selling anymore or a recall. Just heard, no confirmation. [/quote]

Not selling which?

Thanks!

Jim
[quote]On Jun 25, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Heard Hocus Pocus is either not selling anymore or a recall. Just heard, no confirmation. [/quote]

Not selling which?

Thanks!

Jim [/quote]

Heard Xray but its just what heard....nothing confirmed...I don't want to get in trouble or nutin....just sayin...
:confused:
[quote]On Jun 25, 2016, J-Mac wrote:

Not selling which?

Thanks!

Jim [/quote]

Heard Xray but its just what heard....nothing confirmed...I don't want to get in trouble or nutin....just sayin...
:confused: [/quote]

No, they still have X-Ray available at Hocus Pocus.

Jim
I used x Ray a good few times over the last 2 weeks, very easy to perform, lots of room for presentation and by play. I don't use it for which hand though, but for kurotsuke it works a charm.

Best,

Séa
Hello everyone and thank you for your Posts about X-RAY.

1. X-RAY is 100% my own original Idea
2. I was not influenced in any kind by other methods. This Method has never
been officially released anywhere.
3. Comparing EYE to Eye with X-RAY is like comparing carrots and tomatoes
4. Has Gauchi released the same Method? No, but apparently, he shortly mentions
the Method in his Book a Life Time in Magic.
5. Was Gauchi the first one to mention this Method? No, he was not. Actually, in
his own eye to eye thread from 2003, the method was posted by a Magic Café Member.
That means, this Method was allready known 8 Years before Gauchi wrote some Words
about it in his Book. Has this Café Member been credited? No, Gauchi did not give
any credits.

6. Did I credit Gauchi? No, for what? If anyone will deserve Crediting, it is the mentioned
Magic Café User, his Member Name is: ''Devils Advocaat''. He mentioned the Method
8 Years before Gauchi!

7. How Practical is Eye to Eye compared to X-Ray or Vice Versa? You decide yourself.
IMHO, X-RAY is much more Practical and much more Natural in Handling then EYE to EYE.

8. Why did Gauch never release my Method? Simple, he never succeeded to use it
in conjunction with smaller mag****c objects, that's the Reason he never
Released such Method. In Gauchis Version, you had to use a large Medallion to get
the right Hand and the Hands of the Spectator had to be at your Ear level. With the
''so called'' new Method, he probably took one of his Gimmicks and stucked it into
a very well known Gimmick.

9. Is X-RAY's Kurotsuke the same as Gauchis? Not at all! In Gauchis Method you have to buy
an additional Item to do his Routine. This additional Item is visible.
X-RAY doesen't use such Item and your Hand's seem to be Empty at all Times.

10.What is the detecting distance of X-RAY? It depends, how strong the detected Object is.
The Black, Hand made Ball is strong enough to do the Effect with 100% accuracy. You have
to be close to detect it. If you use a mag****c Coin, like the ones from Kreis,
the detecting distance is pretty much the same as other much higher Priced Systems.

11.Do I have to touch the Spectator? No, you don't have to touch them.

12.Why is the Black Ball provided with X-RAY not stronger for better range? If it was stronger, it would be much heavier and suspicious to the spectators.

13.Is X-RAY worth the Price? Good Question. IMHO definetly underpriced.
Each and every Black Ball is handmade in Switzerland. The white Balls are
custom machine Produced. The provided Gimmicks included are the Best you
can get and the most Expensive ones, also from Switzerland.

14.Will anyone see the Gimmick when I perform? Believe me or not, but I fooled dozens
of Magicians and Mentalists and no one ever spotted anything. They thought I would
use an Electronic Device :)

15.Do I need X-RAY if I allready have an electronic Device? In fact no, but if you want
to have a Low Tec back up Version, this is definetly worth to be in your Pocket.
I have all professional Electronic Devices and they are fantastic, no doubt. X-RAY has
just a different approach. Anyone can afford it for the asked Price.

I hope, that all the Questions have been answered and want to thank you for the Great Support.

Rasmus
Thanks you for chimming in Rasmus you have silenced all of the critics
I need a X Ray...!!!

Thanks Rasmus
I've got nothing to gain out of this, but I do think things have escalated far too much with very little to show for it...

i would have understood if rasmus had released the exact same gimmick as Charles' but it was painted wax coloured and that was it...but its not...

step back from it emotionally...write out on a pad what is going on...

this is to do with 'sensing' a subtle change...both gimmicks have that in common, but the physical elements are different...

in the e2e instructions it does not mention doing, using or creating a gimmick anything like rasmus' one...

the kurotsoke balls are good, they are not just shop bought N*whatever* strength, they look and feel like what they are supposed to be...they look and weigh pretty much the same, feel identical...they are handy, useful and appropriately sized (for close up and small groups)...

as with most gimmicked stuff, I tend to be curious and try to replicate it myself, and so far I can't find an exact match for the main gimmick, I can get close, but I prefer the original gimmick surplied by rasmus...

there are lots of variants out there, spheres are sold as stand alones or part of a kit, there's all kinds of versions released on dvds and as stand alone routines...from maven's original with a different name and presentation (but method is the same) to others with gimmicked playing cards you keep in a pocket and more besides...

so I have to ask, was it just that some felt the advertising was over the top, or is there something deeper going on? because I don't see as much name-calling and fuss about all those products? so why this one?

not trying to inflame, trying to understand...if I thought x-ray was rubbish, I would honestly say so, I think its good and have been using it...i used to use a version that was invented by ali bongo which uses an entirely different method, but I think I'm going to stick with this one now...
Thanks Rasmus.....
Thanks Rasmus..... [/quote]
...for respecting others and showing so by spelling their name correctly.
Not once.
I like Ians post its properly helpful not like all those others giving Rasmuss the banjo
Does anyone proofread anymore?
Apparently not.
No Banjo....I was just commenting on him coming here and making a statement at least.
I just received X-Ray. I think it is an excellent effect. I do like it better than Eye to Eye and Body Language. I am glad I purchased it.

Michael
X-Ray works fine for me. I don't have Eye to Eye or any of the electronic devices, as they're all too expensive for my needs. This one works very well for me. I haven't had any problems with distance or sensitivity. I don't do the "which hand" routine; I do the one where five people each have a ball, and I also like the one with an object in each hand and one in the pocket.

I don't own any other similar props and so I can't compare this with others. All I can say is that X-Ray works well for me and does all that I need.

Jim
I think Eye to Eye (and it's evolution S***t S***e) is far more superior compared to X-Ray.
A lot of presumptions about Gauci and the history behind his effect. If something is not written in the Café it is'nt existing?
I wish Gauci could join the discussion here to explain himself. The similarities are far too obvious to overlook them.

Have a good afternoon
[quote]On Jun 23, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:

BTW, for behind the ear options, band aid as suggested by MinSting is a good option. Another option is spirit gum. [/quote]

If using the behind the ear option, a much smaller gimmick casing (almost 1/4th the size of the original) should be able to do the job.

Just a thought.

Rasumus failed to address question 16: Why am I an idiotic Bully?
Totaly immature there mate
Hi Rasmus,

Welcome back from your 'official' holiday of 25 years, I mean days, since this thread started. Although, 'unofficially' your clumsy behind the scenes attempt at manipulation by pm's was pathetic. However, happy that you have finally shown up. Welcome back again.

Regarding the originality of your so called 'original creation', there doesn't seem to be anything left to prove, imho. Even the big names you were trying to drop have given clarification.

Anyhow, better luck for your next project. In case you need any help on researching the originality of any new ideas in future, we are all here to offer you help and support - if you need it at all, of course.

Best wishes.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Hi Rasmus,

Welcome back from your 'official' holiday of 25 years, I mean days, since this thread started. Although, 'unofficially' your clumsy behind the scenes attempt at manipulation by pm's was pathetic. However, happy that you have finally shown up. Welcome back again.

Regarding the originality of your so called 'original creation', there doesn't seem to be anything left to prove, imho. Even the big names you were trying to drop have given clarification.

Anyhow, better luck for your next project. In case you need any help on researching the originality of any new ideas in future, we are all here to offer you help and support - if you need it at all, of course.

Best wishes. [/quote]

If I should really need any help for clarification of Originality, I will definetly (as always) ask a professional Magician or Mentalist.

Perhaps you did not read my Post I made about Clarification?

Here it is again, just for you:

1. X-RAY is 100% my own original Idea
2. I was not influenced in any kind by other methods. This Method has never
been officially released anywhere.
3. Comparing EYE to Eye with X-RAY is like comparing carrots and tomatoes
4. Has Gauchi released the same Method? No, but apparently, he shortly mentions
the Method in his Book a Life Time in Magic.
5. Was Gauchi the first one to mention this Method? No, he was not. Actually, in
his own eye to eye thread from 2003, the method was posted by a Magic Café Member.
That means, this Method was allready known 8 Years before Gauchi wrote some Words
about it in his Book. Has this Café Member been credited? No, Gauchi did not give
any credits.

6. Did I credit Gauchi? No, for what? If anyone will deserve Crediting, it is the mentioned
Magic Café User, his Member Name is: ''Devils Advocaat''. He mentioned the Method
8 Years before Gauchi!

7. How Practical is Eye to Eye compared to X-Ray or Vice Versa? You decide yourself.
IMHO, X-RAY is much more Practical and much more Natural in Handling then EYE to EYE.

8. Why did Gauch never release my Method? Simple, he never succeeded to use it
in conjunction with smaller mag****c objects, that's the Reason he never
Released such Method. In Gauchis Version, you had to use a large Medallion to get
the right Hand and the Hands of the Spectator had to be at your Ear level. With the
''so called'' new Method, he probably took one of his Gimmicks and stucked it into
a very well known Gimmick.

9. Is X-RAY's Kurotsuke the same as Gauchis? Not at all! In Gauchis Method you have to buy
an additional Item to do his Routine. This additional Item is visible.
X-RAY doesen't use such Item and your Hand's seem to be Empty at all Times.

10.What is the detecting distance of X-RAY? It depends, how strong the detected Object is.
The Black, Hand made Ball is strong enough to do the Effect with 100% accuracy. You have
to be close to detect it. If you use a mag****c Coin, like the ones from Kreis,
the detecting distance is pretty much the same as other much higher Priced Systems.

11.Do I have to touch the Spectator? No, you don't have to touch them.

12.Why is the Black Ball provided with X-RAY not stronger for better range? If it was stronger, it would be much heavier and suspicious to the spectators.

13.Is X-RAY worth the Price? Good Question. IMHO definetly underpriced.
Each and every Black Ball is handmade in Switzerland. The white Balls are
custom machine Produced. The provided Gimmicks included are the Best you
can get and the most Expensive ones, also from Switzerland.

14.Will anyone see the Gimmick when I perform? Believe me or not, but I fooled dozens
of Magicians and Mentalists and no one ever spotted anything. They thought I would
use an Electronic Device Smile

15.Do I need X-RAY if I allready have an electronic Device? In fact no, but if you want
to have a Low Tec back up Version, this is definetly worth to be in your Pocket.
I have all professional Electronic Devices and they are fantastic, no doubt. X-RAY has
just a different approach. Anyone can afford it for the asked Price.

If you need any translation, I would appreciate to do so my Friend
:)
I don't understand why it's being compared directly to eye to eye? You're going to look silly with Rasmus's gimmick sticking out of your ear ;-)
I thought this was supposed to be compared to Gauci's Body language, not Eye To Eye? That hasnt been fully addressed yet unless Im missing something...
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:
I don't understand why it's being compared directly to eye to eye? You're going to look silly with Rasmus's gimmick sticking out of your ear ;-) [/quote]

Haha, that's a good one Joel, thank's for that
:rotf:
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
I thought this was supposed to be compared to Gauci's Body language, not Eye To Eye? That hasnt been fully addressed yet unless Im missing something... [/quote]

Completely different. With Body Language, the Gimmick is visible at any Time, with X-RAY it's invisible.

Not comparable.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:
I don't understand why it's being compared directly to eye to eye? You're going to look silly with Rasmus's gimmick sticking out of your ear ;-) [/quote]

Do you have all the versions of Charles e2e? especially his FT version? pls check Charles' performance vids links in this thread for more clarity. The comparison is between Charles e2e FT version and x ray (which obviously uses a TEETEE, as shown in the demo vid). Although, the basic principle and method are also not original with x ray.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, rasmus wrote:
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
I thought this was supposed to be compared to Gauci's Body language, not Eye To Eye? That hasnt been fully addressed yet unless Im missing something... [/quote]

Completely different. With Body Language, the Gimmick is visible at any Time, with X-RAY it's invisible.

Not comparable. [/quote]

Yes, with Gauci's body language, the gimmick is visible, just like a p**k wallet is visible when you doing a p**k.(c'mon, grow up, Rasmus!)
And yes, with x ray, the gimmick is invisible, just like it was sooo invisible on the demo vid (ooh, that was caustic, sorry)

Body Language is a fantastic routine. Here again, x ray is a total rip off. Just replacing a pkr**g with a TEETEE does not make it original and is infact a step down from the performance angle, imo. Because with x ray one needs to bother to load and unload the gimmick, where with Body language the gimmick can be on you the entire show.
Hi Rasmus,

I did read your post of 15 points before uploading mine. Here is what I feel about your 15 points, in that order.

1. x ray is as original with you as the invisible deck is original with ME !

2. Repeatedly saying that you were not influenced by others ideas does not change a lie to truth. And you probably never released officially, as you say, because a rip off can only be sold unofficially, until caught.

3. Your analogy of carrots and tomatos will not cook. Both are vegetables and can be compared, in that sense. Obviously you cannot compare 2 x-ray kits, right

4. Thanks, you said it yourself now. Charles Gauci has come up with this much much much before you. (assuming you came up with this on your own, though)

5. When you lie consistently, it will be difficult to keep track. On one hand you say someone posted about this in 'eye to eye thread in 2003'. Only when eye to eye is released can there be a thread on it. On the other hand you say, it was 8 years before eye to eye. Please unclutter your thoughts.

6. Lame excuses. First please declare whom all have YOU credited for x ray.

7. First of all to pass this misinformed judgement, please CONFIRM whether you have eye to eye all versions and body language ? yes or no.

8. You are wrong. It was released and was very successful.

9. I think you simply refuse to grow up. In body language, both hands are shown empty. Check the vids. In fact in x ray method for kurotsuke, one cannot take the hands too close to the participant's vision range and will always need come 'cover' to prevent the participants from noticing a little something on the fingers. Whereas the gimmick needed for body language is almost always already available with any magician or mentalist.

10. So you accept that the black ball provided in xray is weak and a much stronger kreis coin is much better. Is this coin included or to be purchased extra?

11. Probably the only point on which I agree with you.

12. The other phrase for this is 'technical incompetence'

13. Ok, when compared to the original set being offered on Stevens, this is way overpriced. Otherwise, an opinion on price is pretty personal, I guess. And your baby (though kidnapped and adopted :-)) would anyway look good in your own eyes.

14. I believe when you say you fooled many dozens with this. That's how good, Charles' original idea and method are.

15. I can understand, this is a bit of a sales talk to align yourself with the electronic guys and pitch your product against theirs.

Hope I covered all your points.
However, your attempted misdirection by throwing in these 15 redundant points is not working at all.

You need to answer for all the bullying you tried via pms. I think at the very least, an apology (not by pm again, but over here) would help bring things back to perspective.
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Hi Rasmus,

3. Your analogy of carrots and tomatos will not cook. Both are *vegetables* and can be compared, in that sense. Obviously you cannot compare 2 x-ray kits, right

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not wanting to go off topic but according to scientists, a tomato is a fruit....Carry on! :)

Paul Mc.
Good one Caigy :-) Probably, the scientist who said that is not a member of the Café, else he/she would think twice before saying so :-)

And happy to see Charles........in your profile pic !
As for fruits and vegetables: in fact they absolutely [b]have[/b] to be compared!

How else would one be able to tell their difference? :innocent:
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, caigy wrote:
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Hi Rasmus,

[b]Your analogy of carrots and tomatos will not cook. Both are *vegetables*. . .[/quote]

. . . but according to scientists, a tomato is a fruit....Carry on![/b] :)
[/quote]

For the common man a TOMATO is a VEGITABLE, but for the scientist it's a FRUIT. This confuses it all.

I think Rasmus should start all over again with his fruits and vegetable theory. Will you please :worry: Thank you :exclaim: ;)

So where do we stand now. Whether it's a ripoff or not... Is it good?
Yes. Works fine for me. I do the Kurotsuke routine and the three items, one in each hand plus another in the pocket. I imagine the electronic versions are the best but for my budget this is perfect.

Thanks!

Jim
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, John C wrote:
So where do we stand now. Whether it's a ripoff or not... Is it good? [/quote]

I don't see it as a ripoff. It works great and is the best/cleanest way of determining which hand holds an object (or if any hand holds an object) that I have found. The Karosuke I like better than the Max Maven which I have been performing for years in my own adaptation.
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, John C wrote:
So where do we stand now. Whether it's a ripoff or not... Is it good? [/quote]
Its not a rip-off,...and its not good its VERY GOOD so buy it mate
I have had it for a few weeks now & use it as part of my parlor & walk around gigs.
Had the electronic version & sold it.
Am very happy with it & do not consider it a rip off.
I concur. Certainly not a rip off. X-Ray is a terrific effect. IT is very easy to do and 100% fool proof. The Karosuke effect is outstanding.

Michael
I purchased it earlier this week - scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I will be happy to throw my 2 cents in...
Have to admit that I like this very much, and I am glad to have the kurotsuke balls with it. I bought mine 2nd hand, so got a good discount. One problem is that one of the parts of the gimmick is going to be very easy to lose, and I don't know how you would replace it. In that sense, for the price you are paying, that will be a very expensive little "thing" to lose. But I like it a lot and I am glad to have it.
[quote]On Jun 30, 2016, magicinsight wrote:
IT is very easy to do and 100% fool proof.

Michael [/quote]
Lol. Ok. Fair enough. 95% fool proof.
Amusing to find quite a few parrots on the Café. Yes, parrots.

Ok once again for the record, the original is here.

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/body-language-eye-to-eye-special-package-gauci/
Received my x-ray last night --- opened it up this morning and the black ball (gimmick) was completely melted all over the other gimmick and one of the white balls. All that was left was the tiny core of the black ball. Was able to watch the video instructions and I think this will be a great effect and I will begin using it right away once I can get the gimmicks replaced. Not sure when in the process the ball melted - it was shipped in good packaging from Vanishing Inc - but thought this could help others not to store their gimmicks where it could melt as well.
Hey Guys -

Patrick from Murphy's here. These have been in high demand. I'm excited to say that our fourth shipment just arrived and they are back in stock. If you have been looking for an X-RAY and haven't been able to find one, we will have this batch for a few more days.

best,
p
Thank you all for the Great Reviews:)

MagicMikeCat: Thank you for your Purchase. Your Set will be replaced immediatly. Seems, that you live in a very hot Area, right?:)
Received it a few days ago.
It's fine for 'Kurotsuke', but too unreliable for 'which hand'.
Sensitivity issues.
It's100 % reliable. just watch closely the explanation. instruct the spectator to make a tight fist,
and you get it perfect. if you want to have a longer range, just use a M#####ic
Coin.

If you have any nore questions, feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your Purchase
I'll experiment.
Hi all,
Does anyone know of any UK dealers who have this in stock right now? Alakazam are out at the moment.
Thanks
Briz
Http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections/new-products/products/x-ray-by-rasmus-magic
[quote]On Jul 4, 2016, Briz wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone know of any UK dealers who have this in stock right now? Alakazam are out at the moment.
Thanks
Briz [/quote]
You can buy it directly from Rasmus at:
www.rasmusmagic.ch
You also get free shipping worldwide.
Thanks for the help Woover, just ordered it directly.
Regards
Briz
[quote]On Jul 5, 2016, Briz wrote:
Thanks for the help Woover, just ordered it directly.
Regards
Briz [/quote]
[quote]On Jul 4, 2016, rasmus wrote:
It's100 % reliable. just watch closely the explanation. instruct the spectator to make a tight fist,
Coin.

Thank you for your Purchase [/quote]
Yes,a Kreis coin works better. The advertised trailer showed a rubber like ball.
To laymen, a rubber ball isn't m......c. Everyone knows 'metal' is m......c.
I wanted (expected) a rubber ball that could do the job, you know like what was shown in the trailer.
Apart from that,it's fine.
You can get some of that rubber stuff they advertise on "as seen on tv" and coat a strong piece of metal somehow. Maybe a round ball bearing
[quote]On Jul 5, 2016, Uncle Joe wrote:
[quote]On Jul 4, 2016, rasmus wrote:
Coin.

Thank you for your Purchase [/quote]
Yes,a Kreis coin works better. The advertised trailer showed a rubber like ball.
To laymen, a rubber ball isn't m......c. Everyone knows 'metal' is m......c.
I wanted (expected) a rubber ball that could do the job, you know like what was shown in the trailer.
Apart from that,it's fine. [/quote]

What is shown in the Trailer is Exactly the Ball you receive. If you should really have an issue with the Black Ball you received, just drop me a PM with your adress, and I'm happy to send
you a new one that really works for you, ok?
[quote]On Jun 16, 2016, seamagu wrote:
Interest points Marc. However, I feel the 50 50 plot CAN be a strong routine. When I'm performing it I always give them a chance to change their mind and I also tell them to switch hands a few times. Before I reveal the hand I always get them to confirm that it really felt like they had a free choice and that they were in control. Then I reveal which hand. This confirmation kind of raises them up to a height mentally and then you just drop them down with the reveal. Of course if you repeat this a few times getting confirmation each time that they were in control the effect just builds and builds. After about 3 times I close out the effect mentioning that I could do this all night.

Best,

Séa [/quote]

Nice idea, I think for me though there is no crescendo as such, so prefer to link it with other routines to build up. ( I actually use them to build up to a smash and stab)
For those who don't want use the ball, a pk ring looks very organic too,
Method is old,
I saw Brian Baxter do which hand? in Toronto's Browser's Den with this exact same method 10ish years ago
Soooo I just reviewed Gaucci's eye to eye and body language package.

In eye to eye, Gaucci does indeed mention the x-Ray method. He doesn't provide you with everything you need as Rasmus does, but he certainly mentions it in the instructions. He actually recommends a different digit if that makes sense cryptically.
I perform a jingle bell monte routine that this works perfectly with - find 3 little jingle bells that have a metal clapper. Have the spectator chose one - you pick it up and allow the xray device to engage the bell you hold and when you shake it - it wont ring, The spectator can pick up the other two and they will - free choice
[quote]On Jul 14, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
He actually recommends a different digit if that makes sense cryptically. [/quote]
Cheers mate I know the method now Im going to try it out
[quote]On Jul 16, 2016, DavidKenney wrote:
I perform a jingle bell monte routine that this works perfectly with - find 3 little jingle bells that have a metal clapper. Have the spectator chose one - you pick it up and allow the xray device to engage the bell you hold and when you shake it - it wont ring, The spectator can pick up the other two and they will - free choice [/quote]
Clever indeed!
[quote]On Jul 16, 2016, Karl M wrote:
[quote]On Jul 14, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
He actually recommends a different digit if that makes sense cryptically. [/quote]
Cheers mate I know the method now Im going to try it out [/quote]
Have fun.
Btw, I would buy X-ray if you want to do this and not gaucci's.

Gaucci mentions the method but doesn't provide you with everything you need to go out and perform immediately as Rasmus does.
Title: X-Ray
Creator: Rasmas
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 50
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 28 minutes

Type of effect: which hand effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

The ultimate Which Hand effect + the ultimate Kurotsuke Effect!
All needed props included!

X-Ray is the first Which Hand effect and Kurotsuke method to date, that gives you the ability, with rolled up sleeves and no electronics, to guess with 100% accuracy, where the hidden object is. For the first time in magic, Rasmus shares his underground method, that is extremely simple and deceptive to lay people and to magicians as well.

X-Ray uses no electronics and can be performed sleeveless. There is no need to touch the spectators. The method is self contained. You could even do both effects Which Hand and Kurotsuke completely naked if you wanted to.

Includes one black and 4 white balls, for the strongest and most fireproof Which Hand and Kurotsuke style effects, where you guess with 100% accuracy, in which hand the black ball is.

Do it one to one with one black ball
Do it with 5 spectators
Do it with one white and one black ball to one spectator
Do it with a coin or with 2 different coins to one spectator
You know at all times, where which of the coins is (coins not included)

- Extremely simple to use
- 100% accurate every single time
- No complicated setups
- No long and complicated stories to tell
- No electronics
- No noise issues
- Completely self contained
- Invisible method
- Everything you need is included
- Works also perfectly with coins (coins are not included)
- Same range as other professional devices
- No need to touch the spectators
- Instant get in and get out
- 100% original and never before published method
- Perfect for TV shows (no sound issues and no electronics in play)
- No interferences or noise issues with microphones
- Which Hand and Kurotsuke included

How accurate is the ad copy? The phrase "Works also perfectly with coins (coins are not included)," is slightly deceptive. It would not work with any "standard" US minted coins. Yes, the ad copy also says "No need to touch the spectators" but... it does help.

What's in the box? You get a nice velvet bag with 5 plastic balls (one is black) and the gimmick(s) that allows you to do these miracles Everything you need, no need to add anything to it. The items all come in an Altoids "type" tin, but they don't quite "fit" back inside once you open it.

Key points:

How are the production values: multiple cameras, the microphone is echoy probebly because the studio is cramped and the talent is not personally mic'd. , No live performances

Is it well made: Everything looks great and is very professional.

Is it well taught: Yes, it's a short video, but Rasmsus moves quickly through everything and is able to cover multiple options and routines.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): no electronics, should work 100% of the time.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It's just small plastic balls, you could carry one, or all of them depending on what you want routines you want to do.

Does it "play big?" This is pure streamlined mentalism, like the add says, everything looks on the up and up, such a quick easy trick to do on the fly and hits big time and time again.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Very minimal, this does not require much practice, in fact you can easily practice by yourself.

How much arts and crafts are involved? A very small amount (if you want to) I have not altered mine and it works just fine.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, and it's not hindered by quiet or noisy crowds, dark or sunlight, sleeves, long pants, watch bands...or um... small woodland creatures.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Yes the video is a little short and the price tag is a little high, so I would offer this is really geared towards someone who is going to use this in their routine - this is mentalism at its finest, a real reputation builder

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4hi-1LWzWY
I recently purchased this effect and love it! Use it in shows with 5 volunteers and the included bag. I have no tried the "which hand" routine as that wasn't the purpose of my purchase, but for the stage routine it works perfect!
Thanks DavidKenney - nice review. I agree with you that the price is just a trifle high - although given that you get all you need for the Kurotsuke (spelling?! I hate that word!) handling too I don't think it is exorbitant. I've done a more detailed review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/08/18/rasmus-x-ray-review/
[quote]On Aug 18, 2016, philipsw wrote:
Thanks DavidKenney - nice review. I agree with you that the price is just a trifle high - although given that you get all you need for the Kurotsuke (spelling?! I hate that word!) handling too I don't think it is exorbitant. I've done a more detailed review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/08/18/rasmus-x-ray-review/ [/quote]

Thank you for your review philipp. the price tag is pretty nice imho. in fact, the black ball is handmade in switzerland. each ball takes up to 15 minutes to make. the velvet bag is custom made and the white balls are machine manufactured in switzerland as well.

besides that, the wholesaler has a big discount. at the end of the day, what remains for the producer is just a piece of cake.

that means, if anyone thinks like that, it would be impossible to produce anymore magic for me.

and don't forget, that other electronic systems have price tags of 250 - 600 dollars.

hope you understand the price tag.

best wishes and thanks again for your great rewiew

kindly

rasmus
I'm still enjoying using this 👌

The size and set up is great for me...
Nice to hear Iain
It is always easy to find an idea "simple" once it IS in reality! But the simplicity implies meticulous attention to many details. Rasmus is one of those professionals who can create a comfortable working tool, durable with an inexpensive method whose impact on your spectators will reward your purchase on the first show. Of course, you can buy electronic accessories ... for the same result, but at what price? Thank you for this package very well thought out and divinely effective in the real world of magic!
[quote]On Jun 4, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:

Gauci has been using a *****r**P method for quite sometime. Don't know if its the same, but sounds like it. [/quote]

I can't work out what words you censored. Please PM me and I'll clarify. [/quote]

He said *****r**P
I have had the opportunity to play with this effect now for a couple months and I love it! By far my top purchase of the year. I can't speak to similar effects as I don't own anything else like this but it is an excellent lead in to my comedy lie detector routine. I do mostly kid shows and originally purchased this for my few adult shows (the 5 ball routine) but the kids love it too! As I try and determine which kids are lying and telling the truth about their colored ball when it gets down to the final 2 kids I use the line, "I feel bad for your mom and dad - you are really good at this (lying)" gets a huge laugh from the adults. I get asked a lot to perform a trick or 2 in the local schools - this always goes with me for a fun interactive and always fooling effect. Too top it all off when I use an assistant for a show I go offstage and have them "pass" out the balls - and line them up onstage with the spectator with the black ball 4th in line. Adds a totally new dimension to the impossibility of knowing who would have the ball since I was offstage and my assistant supposedly doesn't even know who has the black ball.

Can't recommend enough - you will have fun with it - packs small and plays big!
[quote]On Sep 21, 2016, lubor silver wrote:
It is always easy to find an idea "simple" once it IS in reality! But the simplicity implies meticulous attention to many details. Rasmus is one of those professionals who can create a comfortable working tool, durable with an inexpensive method whose impact on your spectators will reward your purchase on the first show. Of course, you can buy electronic accessories ... for the same result, but at what price? Thank you for this package very well thought out and divinely effective in the real world of magic! [/quote]

Thank you Lubor:) Love to hear that Magicians like you Love the simple but effective Method.
[quote]On Dec 8, 2016, MagicMikeCat wrote:
I have had the opportunity to play with this effect now for a couple months and I love it! By far my top purchase of the year. I can't speak to similar effects as I don't own anything else like this but it is an excellent lead in to my comedy lie detector routine. I do mostly kid shows and originally purchased this for my few adult shows (the 5 ball routine) but the kids love it too! As I try and determine which kids are lying and telling the truth about their colored ball when it gets down to the final 2 kids I use the line, "I feel bad for your mom and dad - you are really good at this (lying)" gets a huge laugh from the adults. I get asked a lot to perform a trick or 2 in the local schools - this always goes with me for a fun interactive and always fooling effect. Too top it all off when I use an assistant for a show I go offstage and have them "pass" out the balls - and line them up onstage with the spectator with the black ball 4th in line. Adds a totally new dimension to the impossibility of knowing who would have the ball since I was offstage and my assistant supposedly doesn't even know who has the black ball.

Can't recommend enough - you will have fun with it - packs small and plays big! [/quote]

Thank you Mike. I really appreciate your Review. I very like your Performance Ideas, thank you for that. :)
Could someone please message me the size of the small gaff? I lost mine and need to order a replacement. Thanks!
[quote]On Mar 20, 2017, Sir Pharaul wrote:
Could someone please message me the size of the small gaff? I lost mine and need to order a replacement. Thanks! [/quote]

PM sent
I was looking for the right size as well. .25"?
Can I use X ray for magnetic coin or magnetic devil's nail?
[quote]On Apr 15, 2017, pieman76 wrote:
Can I use X ray for magnetic coin or magnetic devil's nail? [/quote]

a magnetic coin from kreis works perfect

for the nail you can try at your own risk
Beautiful