(Close Window)
Topic: Decisions by Mozique and Alakazam
They say most of the greatest magic and Mentalism is either exclusive to a few or unavailable to the mass. This was no exception.

Decisions was, and still is, one of the most revolutionary concepts in magic and mentalism.

It's a tool that is limited only by your imagination.

It has been unavailable for over 5 years but now it's back!

The gimmick is even better than it used to be and I know that Peter Nardi has some really nice bonus ideas and routines for this amazing gimmick.

Whether you choose the Yes/No version or the Blank customizable version I know you will be pleased with your Decision !!!!

More info

Yes/No version: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=57417
Blank Version: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=57418

Best regards,
Titanas
Another winner from Rob Bromley.
Praise the lord!
Our prayers have been answered!
I really liked the idea of these back when they first came out, but I had nothing but problems with them. I have owned 3 sets of them and they all had the same issue. I truly hope they have gone back and remedied this problem. I always wanted to use these, but they just wouldn't function. Fingers crossed.
Never liked that it was fairly tiny writing and it being playing card sized...
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jun 27, 2016 05:25PM)
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Another winner from Rob Bromley. [/quote]

It is Mozique's, not Rob's.

Christopher
I thought at first it was a simple Hondo-type gimmick, but it says card is examinable at the end. That right? Also, I would hope the routines involve more than a 50/50 chance or single yes or no answer.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
I thought at first it was a simple Hondo-type gimmick, but it says card is examinable at the end. That right? Also, I would hope the routines involve more than a 50/50 chance or single yes or no answer. [/quote]

Nope without a change and yes, it's "just" a yes or no answer but I think it could be set as a great performance, when I see what can be done with just a "Which hand" type of effect, which is 50/50 too, I do see a lot of potential in this.
For those concerned about the size of the writing I'd recommend a bit of arts and crafts. I only ever bought one set, took it apart, and adapted it to my business cards - to me they look much more natural.

Haven't used them in quite some time but perhaps it's time to dust them off! (Or not...now that they'll be a popular tool again...)

Best,

Drew
How many gimmicked cards are included?
Does it include examinable dupes that can be handed out after a switch?
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, Christopher Taylor wrote:
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Another winner from Rob Bromley. [/quote]

It is Mozique's, not Rob's.

Christopher [/quote]

Whatever. At least I bothered to read the whole description.

'Each precision gimmick is beautifully hand made by the undisputed king of gaffed cards Rob Bromley'
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jun 27, 2016 07:19PM)
Yes...... it's Mozique's creation and Rob makes them.

Christopher
Bought it a long time ago and made my own version with foreign language. Its such a great prop, but I feel this must be treated with respect and used in the right routine and settings. Looch and others have good ideas how to use it in the booklet.
Why is this one different? I wasn't aware of bugs with the original. I bought two cause I tried to write on one and messed it up.
Yeah dittos, owned this one once upon a time.
Once you've bought it, it's not too difficult to make up your own using the principle. Theres a video on YouTube where Derren Brown performs his original precursor to this trick. I think he performed it with Stephen Fry.
Whats up with the little "tail" coming off the drawn circle? That looks goofy to me. Should just be a circle.
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, Mystification wrote:
Whats up with the little "tail" coming off the drawn circle? That looks goofy to me. Should just be a circle. [/quote]

Haha lol ... Isn't that supposed to be a speech or thought bubble ? I thought it looked plain but nice .
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Once you've bought it, it's not too difficult to make up your own using the principle. Theres a video on YouTube where Derren Brown performs his original precursor to this trick. I think he performed it with Stephen Fry. [/quote]

Yes it's this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs2_qU6pZfQ
Except that was Stephen Merchant.
Yes it was Stephen Mercent. He performed 'Smoke' with Stephen Fry.
[quote]On Jun 28, 2016, otreboR wrote:
Once you've bought it, it's not too difficult to make up your own using the principle. Theres a video on YouTube where Derren Brown performs his original precursor to this trick. I think he performed it with Stephen Fry. [/quote]

Yes it's this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs2_qU6pZfQ [/quote]

This is what made me buy it years ago but appears it is not the same exactly. The wording was pretty small for Decisions..also two cards verses one.
Has anyone performed this like derren. I mean, what difference do the cards make. One says yes, one says no. You could easily pull off Darren's routine with decisions.
I did not want to perform it exactly like Derren (only one of him) but it is easy to dupe it. That being said, he is pretty smooth and with two cards, I did not see anything he did fishy. I still did not like the gimmick. It is too small for my individual taste.
Stephen Merchant. I believe.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, DrewBstoss wrote:
For those concerned about the size of the writing I'd recommend a bit of arts and crafts. I only ever bought one set, took it apart, and adapted it to my business cards - to me they look much more natural.

Haven't used them in quite some time but perhaps it's time to dust them off! (Or not...now that they'll be a popular tool again...)

Best,

Drew [/quote]

I have had some incredible success transforming regular card effects into stage size versions. I am considering buying these but would love to use them as a stage trick. Is there anyway of making a large version or does the gimmick have to be small in order to work correctly?
[quote]On Jun 30, 2016, kevinjanet wrote:
[quote]On Jun 27, 2016, DrewBstoss wrote:

Best,

Drew [/quote]

I have had some incredible success transforming regular card effects into stage size versions. I am considering buying these but would love to use them as a stage trick. Is there anyway of making a large version or does the gimmick have to be small in order to work correctly? [/quote]
You can, once the principle is understood, adapt it to larger sizes.
Hi Kevinjanet!

As Woover said it definitely CAN be adapted to larger cards though I imagine it'll take several prototypes before you find the right combination of size and material to ensure that it looks innocent and functions smoothly. The "move" is all but imperceptible with the original but it might take a little more justification and choreography with a stage-size version.

That said - go for it! I'd love to hear how the project turns out!

Best,

Drew
What's the difference between the yes/no version and the blank version.

Thanks

Steve
You customize the blank card yourself to fit your routine.

Left or Right.

Green or Red.

Etc.

Space might be a problem for long words, though.
I would guess one is pre-printed with Yes and No, the other is blank for you to write on whatever you like.
I have used the YES/NO cards for a few years already.
Having blank cards customized with your own choice is a great plus!
I guess the idea for the blank one is early for a language problem,
maybe you want write german words for yes/no, "ja/nee" or spanish "si/no", and so on,
but yes you can put whatever you want, colors and so on,
[quote]On Jun 29, 2016, Uncle Joe wrote:
Stephen Merchant. I believe. [/quote]

I'm amazed that you didn't bother to read the rest of the thread. :mad:
"True" or "False" might another way to use this if you buy the blank version.

With the printed version, I believe you get one "Yes" card, one "No" card, and one "Yes / No" card - the gimmicked one.

I have a version I bought five years ago and that's what I got plus two blank cards if you want everything to be the same thickness. Doesn't seem necessary, but nice of them to include the extra cards.

As someone stated earlier, these are made by Rob Bromley and they could not look any better. I really like this.

Robert
Is there any improvements or is the same product repackaged?
Can the blank set be used to write a similar "yes"/"no" version except with larger words that take up the entire card?
[quote]On Jul 6, 2016, 123crampt wrote:
Can the blank set be used to write a similar "yes"/"no" version except with larger words that take up the entire card? [/quote]
I wrote a full response but ended up not posting it to protect the secret. The simple answer to your question which does not give any hints is: No, you can not do that.
I'm waiting on mine to arrive. I love which hand effects, and this looks like another winner. For some reason this 50/50 routine just seems so fair and amazing. It can be used as a lead in to other routines like a which hand or any other routine where the performer correctly identifies one object out of many. I'm planning on using it as a way to project my thought to a spectator then follow it with the spectator sending thoughts to me.
[quote]On Jun 30, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Is there any improvements or is the same product repackaged? [/quote]

Very good question. Titanas says so but I'd like to know for sure.
Are the blanks completely blank or do they come with circles already on them?
They come with pre-drawn circles on them.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2016, dan the man wrote:
They come with pre-drawn circles on them. [/quote]

Hmm, that's interesting as it was not made clear in the advertising.
Also, it's starting to look like the words have to be so small and short that yes and no is about all you could fit within the circles anyway.
Waiting on a review of the new version before making a purchase. Seems the older models had issues.
Mine arrived today but I haven't had time to open it. I have a question though- the advertisement video seems to show a box for the product. Mine arrived in a small cardboard DVD case wrapped in plastic. Did anyone else receive a package like mine?
I just received ot. You get one gimmicked yes/no card and two ungimmicked cards. The gimmicked card works perfectly and looks great. I am glad I got the yes no card and not the blank one since the writung space is very small and you can ruin the card if you mess up the writing. I never had the original version so I can't compare this version with the original. Highly recommended.
Michael
Mine also came in a dvd case.
I have had this for a couple of days now and I absolutely love it! This feels like pure mind reading at its best! The quality of the props as with all of Bromley/Alakazam products, is amazing but the thinking behind the routines is just beautiful! Loochs routine is so awesome! Ran Pinks routine is also brilliant! In Rans routine, you hand them a slip of paper and ask them to pocket it. You play 5 rounds of guess the word. Seeing how their psychic talents can lead them to the word on the card. The first, they get it right, the second, wrong. The third, right, fourth right and firth right. Then the paper is shown to say, "You have beaten the odds providing you have some kind of psychic ability. You will Hit, Miss, Hit, Hit, Hit"

Such a simple effect but baffling to the spectators! My mind is reeling with ideas with this and this who have Luke Jeramy's latest Premise and Premonition DVD will also find good use in these little cards! As for the text size, not a problem! This is really a close up effect and as such, its not an issue. The black pen on white card really does stand out well enough! I think the blank ones could be pretty good for things as well! Heads/Tails, Right/Wrong, Win/Loose, Heaven/Hell, Dead/Alive etc will all comfortably fit inside.

Anyway! I highly recommend this little gem! It will stay in my wallet all the time for that impromptu looking piece of mentalism!

Jamie Daws
Don't sit on them too much.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2016, twistedace wrote:
Mine arrived today but I haven't had time to open it. I have a question though- the advertisement video seems to show a box for the product. Mine arrived in a small cardboard DVD case wrapped in plastic. Did anyone else receive a package like mine? [/quote]

This seems to be how alak now ships. This is how I got my espionage wallet. But who needs a box I suppose.
Received mine a few days back and can't seem to find the PDF when registering my product on the alakazam website? How do I access the PDF? is it on the DVD itself? If so My macbook doesn't have a CD/DVD drive so I won't be able to get it :(
There may be a url in some of the paperwork you received.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2016, John C wrote:
There may be a url in some of the paperwork you received. [/quote]

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately not :/
It is on the disk. On a mac, in Finder, click on the disk and it'll be displayed on there!

Jamie Daws
Found out through Alakazamthst the cardboard did case is correct. I'm going to work on it today. I bought yes and no. I am already considering buying a blank version or two.
Jaime, I love the idea of adapting this to one of Jermay's routine on his new DVD set. You're talking about the opening effect, correct? If so, great idea. How do you account for "maybe"? If you have an idea, pm me please!
Wow. I just opened it. The cards are all fantastic and the gimmick is amazing. I was watching in the mirror and it looks completely fair. This is the kind of effect that I would like to have 2 or 3 sets just in case anything ever happens to it.
So I am assuming that they have corrected the problems the first ones had with the new ones? I went through 3 sets of the original release and they all had the same problem. They would not "function" properly. It always stuck and required excessive effort to make it do its thing. I am being cryptic as to not expose anything, but those who have this will know. For these to be of any benefit, they need to be smooth in operation.
Huh,I had two sets. Both worked perfect.
You got the good ones I guess. heh I still have an old set of them I pulled out last night. Same problem. Oh well.
Twistedace, Yeah that's the one! I think it could work really well with it! Possibly get a blank set and have them say Maybe/ Not Telling. I think it would be wicked!

I've also just put together a jeopardy style routine. Talk about Russian Roulette and how you feel as though you could tell which chamber the bullet has been loaded into just by the body language of someone alone. Have them load it into a chamber in their mind. You also place some money on the table to aid with the danger. You call out a number and have them imagine if that slot in the gun is empty or has the bullet in. Eventually you guess correctly and to prove it, you have a prediction written earlier which proves you knew all along!

Im just loving this little gem! So many great ideas already! :D

Jamie Daws
He states at the end of the dvd that Alakazam has a bunch of ideas and recommended registering this effect with Alakazam to gain access. I did, but AAthere were no pdfs or videos with any additional routines.
My copy of Decisions came in the mail today. The gaff/method is simpler than I expected, but simple is good; will still need to practice to get it down. Although the sound in the opening performance part of the DVD is not real good, the teaching and demonstrating part is clear and cogent. The accompanying pdf teaches a good range of possible effects, though the pdf is the 10 year old version that came with Decisions when it first came out ion 2006; still good stuff though. The dvd mentions that some more demos and teaching might be available on the Alakazam website, but so far I have not been able to find and access it.

George
So does anyone have this that also had the first version?

If so is it different? Better? Different? Worse?

J
I have filmed another routine for this and sent it over to Peter. I believe they're filming additional handling at the moment which will most probably be put up in the coming days!

Jamie Daws
They did say the website wouldn't have anything for a while until more peoplecontributed. The did itself says to put the disk into the computer for PDFs of the routines. As far as function is concerned, I do not know anything about the previous sets, but the set that I have is extremely smooth and works great.
[quote]On Jul 8, 2016, John C wrote:
So does anyone have this that also had the first version?

If so is it different? Better? Different? Worse?

J [/quote]
Not sure if this is useful but they are better made than mine with business cards (-:

I didn't buy the previous version but these ones are great. Very smooth handling and invisible.
I wish they were selling refills
[quote]On Jul 9, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:

Not sure if this is useful but they are better made than mine with business cards (-:

[/quote]

Speaking of business cards, it would be great if they could somehow make these in business card size that you could then stick onto the back of your business card.
Just seems like a more natural thing you would write something on the back of.
Never owned this gimmick but I assume you couldn't trim these to fit.
I ordered from Alakazam
[quote]On Jul 9, 2016, videoman wrote:

[/quote]

Speaking of business cards, it would be great if they could somehow make these in business card size that you could then stick onto the back of your business card.
Just seems like a more natural thing you would write something on the back of.
Never owned this gimmick but I assume you couldn't trim these to fit. [/quote]

Agreed but I wouldn't worry. Smoothyness and practicality are more important here. The gimmicks really look good and very easy to handle.

And with a bit of thinking you can justify and find a good presentation for you.
The iperation of the gimmick is incredibly smooth! Ive had no issues with it whatsoever. In terms of how convincing it is, ive been showing it to friends and colleagues over the past couple of days and no one has sussed it. I've been mostly performing Ran Pinks handling which I think is amazing and it hits so much harder than I had anticipated! The PDF on a Mac can be found when you place the disk into the Mac, go to Finder, click on the icon for the dvd and you'll see it just above the disk files! Rams routine can be found in there! I spoke to Peter earlier and they're hoping to get some bonus material on the registered products page around Monday!

Either way, I still love this and I'm having so much fun with it!!

Jamie Daws
[quote]On Jul 8, 2016, sbays wrote:
You got the good ones I guess. heh I still have an old set of them I pulled out last night. Same problem. Oh well. [/quote]

Wd40?
I wish they were selling refills [/quote]

I agree. For the routine I am working on, I need another set of Yes/No regular cards.
I would be happy to pay 40 bucks for another "gaffed" card, but just for two regular cards, I hesitate...

Rock
Maybe a tiny bit of fanning powder would help?

I wish they sold refills, too.

And, I do hope they put up some new routines on the Alakazam web site.

Robert
Maybe it's me but I am finding the gimmick difficult and unreliable. No way this would consistently work as the dvd instructs. A big disappointment for me. I am thinking of returning it.
[quote]On Jul 10, 2016, Cotham wrote:
Maybe it's me but I am finding the gimmick difficult and unreliable. No way this would consistently work as the dvd instructs. A big disappointment for me. I am thinking of returning it. [/quote]

Why doesn't it work? To tight? What happens when you slide it?
Without giving away too much, it doesn't completely work without multiple motions
Cotham, I've been using mine for nearly a week now with no issues. Works beautifully and constantly. Maybe you have an issue with your gaff.

Jamie Daws
Without giving too much away, I tried mine out for the first time on the wife Saturday and found that the action didn't go as it should and I had part of the gimmick come out one side of the card. Hope if I return it the next gimmick will be ok. Has anyone else had this issue?
Oh dear. Another QC issue going on, similar to Skycrap V2
Glad they changed it from the previous version. I sold mine...
E.S.P "Test of Tests" by Jack Kent Tillar is a very good alternative.
You need a stack of blank cards and pencil and you are ready.

EFFECT:
Hand your guest two blank cards. He marks each one differently. You mark two more cards
exactly the same way. He mentally choose one of his two.
Immediately you read his mind and choose the same card! Do it again and again!

Then let him try to read your mind. You choose one of your cards. HE MATCHES IT!
Have him do it several times. YOU CONTROL HIS RESULTS. The routine gets better!
Next, test his powers of CLAIRVOYANCE and again, each time, you dictate the results!
You even can measure his PRECOGNITION skills and always, you're in complete control!

Bascom called it “flexible, versatile and powerful!” More puzzling with each repetition! This is the one routine
you'll USE FOREVER!!!

dj
[quote]On Jul 11, 2016, dj wrote:
E.S.P "Test of Tests" by Jack Kent Tillar is a very good alternative.
You need a stack of blank cards and pencil and you are ready.

EFFECT:
Hand your guest two blank cards. He marks each one differently. You mark two more cards
exactly the same way. He mentally choose one of his two.
Immediately you read his mind and choose the same card! Do it again and again!

Then let him try to read your mind. You choose one of your cards. HE MATCHES IT!
Have him do it several times. YOU CONTROL HIS RESULTS. The routine gets better!
Next, test his powers of CLAIRVOYANCE and again, each time, you dictate the results!
You even can measure his PRECOGNITION skills and always, you're in complete control!

Bascom called it “flexible, versatile and powerful!” More puzzling with each repetition! This is the one routine
you'll USE FOREVER!!!

dj [/quote]

Looks pretty good...
I recently bought this here on the Café and have a question. The ones I bought are blank. Is this a "One Time Only" write on the cards? No dry erase etc. multiple times? Also, after reading a few posts where it has been said that if you write on them wrong, you can ruin them. What is the right way to write on them? Can you suggest what type marker etc. Thanks.

Leo
I have this

I would say Sharpie

I am going to make it up tonight
Had mine a week or so now....no quality control issues at all.
Works great.
Where are people buying this in the states? Every where seems to be sold out.

Matthe
Hey guys,

I would like to hear performance stories, or routines with these.

Anyone?

Thanks

Alex
I'm still trying to find out if this new version is different, better or the same as the first version. Has no one who purchased this new version owned the first iteration of this?

Peter? Any info on this new version being the same or better?

Come on, someone help a brother out.

Thanks

J
I cannot vouch against the first version but mine, received the other day, is working perfectly. No complaints from me. I haven't watched the DVD yet but I'm guessing the method to change the outcome is straightforward enough.
I do not have the old ones, but the new one I received works great.
I just don't think the DVD teaches a lot, or that the method in the DVD is the best. But that's my own opinion! I guess the DVD and pdf are the same as with the first version?
It's just the quality of the props that they improved apparently?
If somebody has got both versions, they can better answer also to John C.'s question: " new version being the same or better?"
Gerry:

Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind review reports that the gaff is improved from the older version. The pdf appears to be the same as the original.

George
Thanks George. The DVD is probably the same as well?
First time poster long time lurker.

Received this from Alakazam a couple of days ago. The gimmick is great, very easy to use and most importantly undetectable. tested this once so far (on a close friend), and I was quite suprised that no attention or suspicion was raised with repeating this 7 or 8 times in one routine (I wasn't really in performance mode, rather testing a laymens perception of this trick; he was convinced it was psychological). The DVD was just a basic overview of how to use the cards, and a performance (and it did look old, so probably from the previous version released). The PDF has some great thoughts on routines, so there is plenty to take inspiration from.

The gimmick can "activate" itself sometimes, which a bit of a bitter sweet situation. It really makes handling so easy when revealing, but at the same time I'm always wary of it suddenly activating right in front of someone's eyes. Careful handling and you got no problems.

This really needs a tone of patter and presentation to get the reactions you are hoping for. I mean it's so easy to use, so you can focus on how you would like to present the effect, and it gives beginners a chance to practice these aspects.

The only downside is in my mind (and probably my mind only) is that Derren Brown nailed the performance to such a degree that it's hard not to take inspiration from his presentation. Even in the dvd performance, mozique used a line identical to Derrens performance (it's a great line to start the effect with to be fair). Don't get me wrong inspiration is great, but I can see many just plain copying his whole routine and patter, which is never good when you have what essentially is a blank canvas to put your own mark on. Obviously I'm only saying this due to the fact that I will probably fall into this trap at first, but whatever I'll find my own path in the end.

Overall this is a great buy, I've had no problems with the gimmick, it will long a very long time I presume. Now it's time to practice my presentation. 9.5/10
Of course mr brown nails every thing he does. That's why he's so good.
Tomd - welcome! It would be great if you introduced yourself to the community so we get to know you a little better :)

Of course Derren's presentation is merely ONE OF MANY possible uses for these cards. The easiest way to avoid imitating (even unconsciously) is to do something altogether different with them.

Best,

Drew
[quote]On Jul 22, 2016, DrewBstoss wrote:
Tomd - welcome! It would be great if you introduced yourself to the community so we get to know you a little better :)

Of course Derren's presentation is merely ONE OF MANY possible uses for these cards. The easiest way to avoid imitating (even unconsciously) is to do something altogether different with them.

Best,

Drew [/quote]
Thank you Drew!

Yeah that seems like the best way to go forward, I'll keep that in mind. Many thanks for the advice.
I keep seeing a lot of people say that they are getting two sets of these in order to perform a routine.

Is this a routine that's in the PDF or is this a routine that people are just creating?
"I agree. For the routine I am working on, I need another set of Yes/No regular cards.
I would be happy to pay 40 bucks for another "gaffed" card, but just for two regular cards, I hesitate..."

Yes...i would like to buy regular cards too...
Why they don't use some cards like "the door" for example...
With this cards you can easily erase what you have write and play with permanent and no permanent ink.
Received from alakazam.
Not really my type of trick but the gimmick is good and associated with a mentalism routine can create a nice effect.
I reccomand to not use it by itself... After a while the spectator can be suspicious.
My vote:
7/10
[quote]On Sep 1, 2016, Fero wrote:
Received from alakazam.
Not really my type of trick but the gimmick is good and associated with a mentalism routine can create a nice effect.
I reccomand to not use it by itself... After a while the spectator can be suspicious.
My vote:
7/10 [/quote]
have you road tested this with multiple spectators? I've never encountered anyone who suspects the cards.. I even tested this by simply asking if the card was yes or no over and over, I stripped all the presentation out (Of course with a friend who knows I do magic), and he never asked to see them, and simply assumed I was guessing what he was going to say.

There are presentations on the PDF that really do take all heat away from the cards, even though they are the vital and only prop in the routines. I tweaked one of those in the PDF to suit me, and no one has ever had a clue how I managed to do the trick, it leaves them baffled. And by the time I do the reveal, I have a massive amount of time to do a switch without any misdirection if I really felt they would challenge me.
This is a fantastic gimmick. Some responses are laughable. Check out Derren's performance and if you've got the skill and personality you'll pull it off with no trouble.
Just received mine yesterday and I love it. Nice change up from cards. This is so simple and easy to do but I agree you will need to work out your patter. I'm going to use mine throughout a performance maybe pick a few people to think either yes or no and they can even write their answer down. Then throughout the show I will bring to card out and it will match their choice. But I'm having fun with this. Great prop and fun.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Really love this effect and it doesn't stray far from my side. Harry Lucas presented some excellent idea for routines at MINDS last year. :-)
Eric, did you get the blank or pre-printed version?
I got the blank version many months ago because I had no idea how I might end up using it. Thought originally I may use it in conjunction with a Which Hand routine but then decided against it (maybe?).
Discovered the trouble with the blank version is similar to getting a SvenPad, there are so many possibilities and I keep changing my mind so often that consequently all these months later the cards still remain blank. I'm afraid to commit I guess. :)

Kicker is that I am now leaning towards the Yes/No, so could have just gotten that ready to go in the beginning. But of course I still change my mind regularly so that could change again, but seeing this thread again has made me commit to making a commitment once and for all. Perhaps I should just commit to buying a second version.

Love the potential of this though. Some may discount it because it is a simple 50/50 chance, but with a good presentation it can be a very memorable piece.
Hi my friend. Maybe a commit/non - commit choice would be down your alley. Lol just kidding plus the words will be too long. I got the yes/no option. I really like that. The other choice I like is heads/tails. I'm going to use this throughout my show. I'll explain that chance can and does happen. However when does chance become prediction? I will then pick 7 people to help me throughout the show. I will ask them to simply think of yes or no. When I call upon them to stand and simply say yes or no I will then do the routine with the final option of them changing their minds. I will then bring it all together by explaining 1 out of 7 would be chance same as 2,3,4,5 and maybe even 6 out of 7 may be chance but 7 out of 7 has to be something greater than simple chance. I think it keeps it in game and enjoyable. But I really love the simple organic feel of this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Feb 15, 2017 08:18PM)
Just a little update. I performed this today for a friend I've known for over 40 years. I told him I can know if he thinks of yes or no simply by implanting thoughts into his head by the words I say to him. He said that is a bunch of garbage there is no suggestive thinking translated by words. So onward we went! This was the most fun I've had with him in years. He said "Ok you pu the card down an I'll guess what it is." After 4 attempts with only one correct answer he gave up! This is a lot of fun guys.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Got this and love it. However, my gimmick gently moves without need for touch, based on how I turn it. I thought this was a good thing, but all the instructions point to swiping it. Is one better than the other? Is my unit worse off? It seems a plus to me as I can control it.

Second, does anyone carry this in their wallet? If so, how do you protect it? I feel they should be fortified if placed in a wallet. Thoughts? Is therea case to use for cards?
Nathan, late to the party with the SvenPads and now this as well?
Man dude, you are slacking buddy. You need to take a break from the acting and commercials and decide what your priorities are.

Anyway, to answer your question, sliding easily as you describe yours to be is much preferred IMO. Very much better than being difficult to slide. When they are difficult to slide it is almost impossible not to telegraph that you are doing something sneaky, like sliding the correct answer into place.

I would be leery of carrying these in your wallet. It wouldn’t take much to turn your easy sliders into hard sliders. But if f you try it please let us know how it goes.
[quote]On May 10, 2020, videoman wrote:
Nathan, late to the party with the SvenPads and now this as well?
Man dude, you are slacking buddy. You need to take a break from the acting and commercials and decide what your priorities are.

Anyway, to answer your question, sliding easily as you describe yours to be is much preferred IMO. Very much better than being difficult to slide. When they are difficult to slide it is almost impossible not to telegraph that you are doing something sneaky, like sliding the correct answer into place.

I would be leery of carrying these in your wallet. It wouldn’t take much to turn your easy sliders into hard sliders. But if f you try it please let us know how it goes. [/quote]

Hahaha! Yep, so true. I've got more time on my hands and have discovered a lot I've missed! Of course, this means I've had to sell a lot, too.

But if the schedule to open here stays the same, I'll be shooting for an ad for casino billboards in a few weeks. More money to get more magic. :)

Good tip on the wallet, I'll avoid it. These things are too awesome!