(Close Window)
Topic: John George's Perfect ESP
Where can I find John George's Perfect ESP? Thanks.
An effect with that title is demonstrated and taught on the first of Nardi's "Unexpected" dvd's. I do not recall whether the effect was attributed to John George or anyone else.

George
I am not sure, but I think these are different effects/methods.
Here 'tis: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9223
Without naming names, I just came across a post on Facebook by a different mentalist who claims that he not only invented this, but actually released it (through Lybrary) several years ago. I have no further information, other than the fact that this was stated.
Looking at that video, it looks like a Dave Humphires effect from Submodalities. I think it was called 'Jazz Mentalism' or something similar.
[quote]On Nov 21, 2017, Looch wrote:
Looking at that video, it looks like a Dave Humphires effect from Submodalities. I think it was called 'Jazz Mentalism' or something similar. [/quote]

It is a variation, although independent conceived, of Hen Fetsch's Symbologic, the handling is a little different as it the something. I like this handling, it seems very fair, but prefer Symbologic for the ease of the ending.

He gives credit to those who came before him, he learned of them via Max Maven and discusses this at the beginning of the video.
[quote]On Nov 21, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
[quote]On Nov 21, 2017, Looch wrote:
Looking at that video, it looks like a Dave Humphires effect from Submodalities. I think it was called 'Jazz Mentalism' or something similar. [/quote]

It is a variation, although independent conceived, of Hen Fetsch's Symbologic, the handling is a little different as it the something. I like this handling, it seems very fair, but prefer Symbologic for the ease of the ending.

He gives credit to those who came before him, he learned of them via Max Maven and discusses this at the beginning of the video. [/quote]

Tony: Thanks for this. This is what I thought. I appreciate you commenting.

Looch: Dave’s approaches perfection. It is certainly in rarified air, along with your Zener routine.
I've really enjoyed using Jazz Mentalism (with a turnover pass instead of the BD) and I'll probably continue to use it, however Beyond Perfect ESP is a welcome alternative. It makes the ending even cleaner - no displacement, albeit with a small tradeoff.

It's definitely worth having in the arsenal, especially for people who may have seen one of the other handlings.
I have for more than a decade performed the Spelmann/Nardi "Perfect ESP", followed by my own "Bob's Your Uncle"
(from [url=https://www.deceptionary.com/mindsights.html][i]Mindsights[/i][/url]). Both effects have ultra-clean handlings, use only ten ungaffed Zener cards, and are fully impromptu.

I perform this in three phases: "Perfect ESP", in which I demonstrate that I can match all the symbols, "Bob's Your Uncle", in which the participant achieves the same goal, and a repeat of "Bob's Your Uncle" with the cards face down, with the participant successfully matching the symbols yet again.
... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=622943&forum=82&23&start=20#2 ... ;) Jan
So does this method dispense of the bottom deal?
I've always struggled with this aspect of Jazz mentalism.
Yes (both :) )! Jan
That's a nice variation too, thanks Jan.
I've been using that right/left thing for the last two cards for a while, I think I learned it from the Card Shark DVD?

I think it works great for Beyond Perfect ESP too, for the cases where there's a discrepancy on the last two cards. After they are dealt, you and the participant both pick up the top two cards, etc.
[quote]On Nov 21, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:
Without naming names, I just came across a post on Facebook by a different mentalist who claims that he not only invented this, but actually released it (through Lybrary) several years ago. I have no further information, other than the fact that this was stated

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/16hu6h5.jpg[/IMG]
[quote]On Nov 22, 2017, JanForster wrote:
Yes (both :) )! Jan [/quote]

Your ESP routine is wonderful! I remember learning this last year! It's amazing!
Jan forster for another penguin lecture!!