(Close Window)
Topic: Vortex Magic Presents FALL by Banachek and Philip Ryan
Many years ago Banachek released his falling pen and it was a huge hit.
I have seen almost every magician and mentalist performing this and it is such a strong piece of magic.
I really love the new Sharpie version. All of us, we always carry a Sharpie with us so now the effect makes so much more sense. I can't wait to get one and play with it.

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=57860

Best regards,
Titanas
Unwatchable as usual. Took 4 minutes to watch 2 seconds. What an absolute joke.
I believe that Banachek had a PK Sharpie out on the market before. It didn't work all that great. The bic pen you had far better control over.
Look forward to reviews
[quote]On Aug 19, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Unwatchable as usual. Took 4 minutes to watch 2 seconds. What an absolute joke. [/quote]

I have mentioned this many times to Murphys but they insist there is no problem, I always thought it was a problem at my end but I now know it's not as many customers have said the same thing and I've even tried around a friends house who has a fiber connection as well and its the same.

Our system downloads the video and uploads a version we use so you will find you can view on our website with no problem.
I have his PK pen. I've used it for many years and it's gotten great reactions. I see no reason to get a sharpie version.
[quote]On Aug 20, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Unwatchable as usual. Took 4 minutes to watch 2 seconds. What an absolute joke. [/quote]

I have mentioned this many times to Murphys but they insist there is no problem, I always thought it was a problem at my end but I now know it's not as many customers have said the same thing and I've even tried around a friends house who has a fiber connection as well and its the same.

Our system downloads the video and uploads a version we use so you will find you can view on our website with no problem. [/quote]

Indeed. I received a message from magicmichelle of Murphys requesting my assistance in fixing this issue. Alas, not heard nothing since. They know there is a problem but they don't give a @$@$.
[quote]On Aug 20, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Our system downloads the video and uploads a version we use so you will find you can view on our website with no problem. [/quote]

Indeed. I received a message from magicmichelle of Murphys requesting my assistance in fixing this issue. Alas, not heard nothing since. They know there is a problem but they don't give a @$@$. [/quote]

I just got an email from the IT manager at murphys and I now can watch with no problems. Turn off HD, there is a tab for it in the bottom right hand corner of the player
*EDIT: Just saw the above post, lol

Just click on "HD" to turn off HD on the video. It will load really fast for all us overseas people.
James

They have improved the video system. Yes as James says turn off the HD. I was just on my patio which means the signal needs to go thru a few brick walls since the router is in the garage. Works fast. Loads instantly and runs without pause. For me anyway. I've tried this on all my devices. 3 tablets phone and PC.

Oh BTTT (Back To The Trick) seems cool. I've always liked these devices but I always lost them within my assortment of sharpies. I'm going to try it though.

Indeed. I received a message from magicmichelle of Murphys requesting my assistance in fixing this issue. Alas, not heard nothing since. They know there is a problem but they don't give a @$@$. [/quote]

I think they give a @$@$ they seemed to have fixed it. Infrastructure like that takes a good mind to analyze and make the correct changes. I think they have.
Yes thanks John. Seems they are about as efficient as you are with updating your signature.
Yes thanks John. Seems they are about as efficient as you are with updating your signature. [/quote]

haha yes my signature. It gets their attention doesn't it.
I was going to take you up on your offer but realised I was 14 months too late. Oh well, never mind. :rotf:
I was going to take you up on your offer but realised I was 14 months too late. Oh well, never mind. :rotf: [/quote]

I will still honor that offer.
Hi, I have the Bic pen from Banacheck but what do you do when the spectator ask you to do it with their own pen ? Do you use another method with their pen or their Sharpie ?

Thanks
[quote]On Aug 22, 2016, MagicBrain wrote:
Hi, I have the Bic pen from Banacheck but what do you do when the spectator ask you to do it with their own pen ? Do you use another method with their pen or their Sharpie ?

Thanks [/quote]

You have been drained of all psychic energy and cannot repeat this miracle, sorry.

Thanks [/quote]

it happened with me when I performed that routine. I said to the lady. Sure and I will do it in your hand and make it fall... I used L****s and it went flawlesly no question asked by any of the spectators (group of 8-9 people) :)

FALL available at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/vortex-magic-presents-fall-by-banachek-and-philip-ryan

Best,
Martin
Pagasus : What kind of answer is that...
Martin Adams : Thanks for your answer... good way to do the same effect with another method.
Does this one write or is it like the pen?
I too once owned the pen version. I think it got lost with normal pens...oops...anyways, I think the Sharpie would offer more because of its weight...even laymen or YouTube kids might think airwaves or static but the weight of a sharpie adds to it. I too would like to know if it writes. And Banachek, can you collaborate with Alan Rorrison for Fall Smoke 3.0? :bigsmile:
This is a really nice improvement over the original. MoM takes a close look at fall and tests it out behind the curtains:

[youtube]VvqJ9UH9S50[/youtube]

Fall is due out worldwide on the 29th August. It’s currently available at MoM shipping from the UK here:

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/vortex-magic-presents-fall-by-banachek-and-philip-ryan-trick

Best wishes
Dominic Reyes
2 minute delay to build up the suspense? Really?
You'd have to wake them up at the 1 minute 50 mark. Lol.
Pagasus : What kind of answer is that... [/quote]

I was taking the p@@@ half o brain.
Very fairly priced. Although I have no idea of the workings, I might have to pick this up.
How about the reset ?
I do not know the exact method, but suspect it would take about the same amount of time to re set as it does to fall. Some good patter will cover this.
So, isn't the PK Sharpie 11 years old as well ?

No problems with the effect but it's not exactly new
I like having up to two minutes
before it falls myself.
[quote]On Aug 26, 2016, bowers wrote:
I like having up to two minutes
before it falls myself. [/quote]

What, so you can have 2 minutes of crazy hand gestures?? :rotf:
They don't mention whether or not you can open the sharpie and actually use it in the video. Do you guys think you have to switch it after the effect?
[quote]On Aug 26, 2016, magicube wrote:
They don't mention whether or not you can open the sharpie and actually use it in the video. Do you guys think you have to switch it after the effect? [/quote]

The lid can't be removed. You just need to switch it if you want to write with the pen during the routine. An easy switching method is taught in the training video.

Hope this helps you
Dominic
I ordered this as the pen version I own was too much unreliable.
Orherwise,
Anybody knows if the fall can be reversed ?
Can the mechanism be turned easily inside the sharpie?
And in which direction do you need to keep the sharpie inside your pocket
to be able to perform this effect immediately?
pm me if needed...
This was just released today so it's now available from your favorite magic dealer. I was surprised to hear about the improvements and that the price is much cheapter than expected too!
Received this today. A very good version. Nice to be able to control the time. I first bought this kind of pen from Mephisto, Belgium, in 1993. May be they got the idea from mr. Banacheck. I don't know. But the trick was sold as 'The Pen, by Christian Chelman'.
Knarild
[quote]On Aug 26, 2016, magicgerry06 wrote:
I ordered this as the pen version I own was too much unreliable.
Orherwise,
Anybody knows if the fall can be reversed ?
Can the mechanism be turned easily inside the sharpie?
And in which direction do you need to keep the sharpie inside your pocket
to be able to perform this effect immediately?
pm me if needed... [/quote]

I received it yesterday, and can now reply to my own questions!
- This one is reliable
- The fall cannot be reversed
- The pen cannot be modified
- The reset is very fast (few seconds)

I will add that you cannot use it as a normal Sharpie.

Overall, it's a good product and good quality.
Can't write or remove the cap

I had mine laying on the desk. I picked it up put it into falling position and waited and it fell.

As far as how long it takes is dependent on the position you place it not on how long you hold it upright.

Seems to work pretty good. Better than the other one I had. The video is what it is. Shows it fall a few times. What else can you expect the video does?

I like it.
Received mine also.Works very good.
Have worked with positions and calculated
the fall times.
I like it.
Todd
That trailer had some very dramatic music for a pen falling.
[quote]On Sep 15, 2016, Geoff Weber wrote:
That trailer had some very dramatic music for a pen falling. [/quote]

The music isn't included. ;)
Actually, it would have been a good idea to include some music or other recording, as a timing help.
I can't find these in stock anywhere.
I really like this and it seems reliable so far. Reset is simple and the trailer is honest. Cant really ask for more
[quote]On Sep 16, 2016, elimagic wrote:
I can't find these in stock anywhere. [/quote]

I ordered this from Penguin about three weeks ago, each week they push the shipping date another week further.
Maybe a problem with manufacturing?
I too am waiting for this from Penguin.
Seems they keep FALLING out of stock.

Man that was funny. ;)

Hahahaha
This is very nice indeed!

A quick and convincing way of demonstrating you psychic powers, or confirming the suitability of a participant chosen to assist you in a bigger experiment.

I love the fact that the performer can easily and covertly set the time of the fall and that there is nothing to break, run-out or fail.

Well done Philip and Steve.

Paul Mc.
I picked this up at 'LADS' day yesterday ( World Magic shop Convention ) and think it is very good and reliable . I had the original Bic version and this is the natural development , it moves in a very convincing way with a quick reset .
tjd
Fall – Banachek and Philip Ryan

Product description : Have you ever wanted to make an object fall without touching it ? Well, this little bad boy will help you to achieve such effect ! This gimmicked Sharpie will allow you to let it on the side of a table, you can then take a few steps back and concentrate on it. The sharpie will begin to fall, without you near it. You really have control on the moment it will fall. Let's check whether this is good or not, especially at this low price.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $24.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a small cardboard box with inside the link for the explanation video. The video is really short but it's well made and it's easy to understand how the gimmick works. It's concise, and to the point. Then you have the gimmick : it is disguised as a Sharpie pen. Unfortunately, the pen does not write, you can remove the cap but I don't think this is a problem. The gimmick works very well and as said on the advert, you really have the control on the timing. Overall, I really really like what I received, the packaging is very nice and the gimmick is well made. Can't be disappointed.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0-Kr8NQ_ZM

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- As I said, the pen can't write, since you can't remove the cap from it.
- You do have control on the timing but it's general, you can't set how many minutes and seconds you want to have before the pen fall.

THE PROS :
- It's very very easy to do, just place the pen on the side of your table and the pen will fall automatically, it's self working. You can completely focus on your presentation.
- When you place the pen on the table, you can decide whether it will fall after 20 seconds or 2 minutes. You can then completely contrate on the pen to give the illusion the pen will fall because of your psychic power !
- There is no contact between you and the pen. Such routine can be achieved thanks to invisible thread or loops but here, you can be in another room when the pen falls. I do think a good idea would be to first do this routine with loops and then use Fall to avoid people thinking you must be near the pen.
- It's amazingly cheap, for less than $25 you have an effect which works and has a really big impact on people.
- It is disguised in the most common marker amongs magicians, so you can easily switch it out to be able to hand it out.

Overall rating : This is something I will definitely use, it works well ! 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it's almost self working and you can fully concentrate on the presentation, 2/5 stars.

Similar products : There was something similar which existed before. But this version is a reworking of that, disguised in a Sharpie.

If you like my reviews, you can check my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
I love the gimmick. For some bizarre reason, as a kid I wanted to move things with my mind (after seeing the Travolta movie Phenomenon). This allows me to do just that. The one knock I have is the download. Less than 12 minutes and no real routines taught. That can be a good thing as well though because it forces a bit of creativity on the part of the performer. All in all, it is a great product I would buy again.
This was easily one of the best purchases of the year. The prop works as advertised and I like it much more than the previous Paper Mate style pens. I always carry a Sharpie when performing and so switching this on the offbeat is a piece of cake. While you can't set your clock by the tipping time, it's pretty darn close compared to the previous versions that I've experimented with in the past. And for what it's worth, NOBODY has asked to inspect the Sharpie after it falls.
Looks really amazing! On my list definitely!
Thanks for your opinions, guys ;)
I like Fall a lot. I use it in conjunction with Energy Bill and the Psychokinetic Timber to really look convincing. When someone says "Hey, can you do that with my pen?" or something like that I have an answer which works for me. Maybe it will help someone else out there. I just explain, "You see, Harry Potter needs his wand. Without it he can't do magic. It can't be just ANY old wand. It has to be a particular wand. Merlin needs his staff, not just a branch from a tree. Others have a certain stone or crystal they touch that triggers the things they can do. No, I can't do it with everything. For some reason, the things I'm using here just resonate with me, I've practiced with them, and show them to you now. Unfortunately, what I can do doesn't translate to every object on earth. Etc, etc." By not making wild claims, or trying to appear all powerful, or attempting to squirm out of it with a lame excuse, I just defuse the situation. I've never had anyone pursue the matter after an innocuous explanation like that. It works for me.
As usual I'm late to the party , my FALL will come 2 weeks later , already had so many uses for it and will probably be carrying it around always , can't wait !
It fits perfect in my act where I already use a Sharpie.
How if I accidentaly remove the cap?
[quote]On Jan 9, 2017, chrisant_lou wrote:
How if I accidentaly remove the cap? [/quote]

This is by far the Best Version of this Illusion I've ever used. it works like a charm and
the reset is instantly. The Cap is Glued perfectly and there is no chance you accidently could
take it off.

If you want to have both, the regular and the special Sharpie in the same Pocket (for a switch), just put
a little dot of gel superglue on any spot of the special sharpie. with your fingers you now feel,which sharpie is the special one, when you start the effect.

A Big Thumbs UP for Fall by Banachek.
Just another word of satisfaction! This product by Banachek and Philip Ryan is superb. I have never had a "mentalism" item before and I will tell you, this is very impressive.

Nicely done!
I bought this, I'm happy with it but I think they could be more informative about the workings of this gimmick in the video. They don't say a thing about how it is made and what kind of material is inside the pen to make it work. Even after buying the product, they leave you with no explanation on what it is made of. I owned an old pk pen back in the days and I even made one myself and I always worried about storing it in a stable temperature, dry place because very high or low temperatures could affect the material inside the pen that moves and makes ir work. They give absolutely no storing condition information and no advices on how to take care of the gimmick so I feel a little bit left in the dark regarding those facts. Besides that, good job.
I just got Fall and am really enjoying it. I would highly recommend a routine in Paul Brook's book "The Book of Lies". It is called Mentally Moved. This is a great presentation that puts the power in the participant's hand.
I had the Banachek pen for years, but it needed special treatment in order to be useful if you have not used it in a while.

I just got Fall, and it is really, really really good, but I have some concerns.

I have been trying to reach Vortex, but they only let people communicate with them is via Facebook and I refuse to open have my privacy violated. The video is helpful, but it does not share info on the working (fine) and does not go into the “care and feeding,” of the sharpie, which is almost inexcusable. Overall, I have had it for almost two weeks, and I really like it.
Guys! The new version is out, 2.0 and there’s an improvement if you’d like to upgrade.
Okay, is this a buy new version at full price, or an upgrade discount? Where can we find it?