(Close Window)
Topic: Ascanio's materials
Hey fellas..

Does anyone know where I can find Ascanio's materials (be it books, lecture notes, or videos) in english?
I've done many searches on online dealers and yet to have any luck to come across this master's work.

please help
He has two booklets in English, [i]About the Handling of Double Cards[/i] (1981) and [i]The Psychology of Palming[/i] (1982). Jon Racherbaumer put out a book on the Ascanio spread in 1976.
I think he has a video also from The Greater Magic Library with Juan Tamariz, but I maybe mistaken.
"Ascanio's World Of Knives", by Jose De La Torre, which is about color chaning pocketknives. Can be a bit hard to get by. But do a re-search.
If pocketknives is your thing, this is the book for you.

Peo
Supposedly a lot of Ascanio's major material (meaning his "big books" lol) are in the final process of translation...If this is true, I cannot wait for it :-P
Oh JoeKing your news just made my day.
if that's the case, I am on the same boat wit'you.

I CAN"T WAIT.

thanks for the replie guys.
I"m selling Ascanio's pamphlet on tricks using double cards (two cards held as one). It's hard to find ... translated by Giobbi.
In addition to the booklets mentionned by RoatC, I have 4 more which are called Ascanio's Favorites # 1, 2, 3 and one on his All Backs routine. They are written by Raphael Benatar. Number 1 has two tricks; Aunt Henriette's Aces and The Trick I Would Show Dai Vernon. Number 2 has two tricks too; Sleightless Oil and Water and Aces With Love. Issue three is only one trick but what a trick, it is his Mentalism by Elimination which I saw him do at one of the Tannens Jubilee many years ago,

The effect is this: You show the Ace through 5 of spades for exemple, Spectator chose one mentally and you put a card back on the deck. Spect names his chosen card and you showed that his card is not among the ones you still have in your hands. The process is continued until the last card. It is difficult physically and mentally. Great trick though!

Yves
You can see johnny Thompsons's handling of this effect (Mentalism by Elimination)on his L&L tapes. Thompsons handling is also difficult, but performed correctly is very strong.
Yves, could you describe the plot of "The Trick I Would Show Dai Vernon"? Tamariz mentions it briefly in The Magic Way, and it's intrigued me ever since. it seems to be a handling of Daleys Last Trick, is that right?

thanks
Matt