(Close Window)
Topic: Taylor Imagineering's New Site has Instant Downloads and More
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 15, 2016 11:40AM)
Derek Kootte, our resident shop-goblin and web-mister, has done a fantastic job and our shiny new website is finally up! There are a number of new offerings include two electronic and several non-electronic. Among the latter are 5 (to start) instant-download mentalism effects: http://taylorimagineering.com/downloads/

AND, anyone who signs up for a free account can have any one of the downloads for FREE.

Here is a brief rundown:

Hotel
All who check in have their minds probed! This is Christopher’s super-clean version of the Bernstein/Cassidy classic, Name and Place.
It is 6 minutes of totally baffling and powerful mindreading suitable for close-up or parlour. There are no billet switches or tearing and it is performed with just a pair of business cards and a pen. Contains detailed video performance and instructional footage.

Half Track
A miracle-class Think-a-Card routine with two participants presented by Christopher Taylor. Contains detailed video performance and explanation downloads.

Pink
A participant, Jill, choses a “spelling word” from among a set created by the performer’s grandmother when he was a child. While Jill concentrates on the word, the performer removes one of several items (part of an old fashioned music box) from his grandmother’s keepsake box, that he senses relates directly to the thought of word, and places it on Jill’s hand. But when Jill opens her eyes, she announces that the music box piece has nothing to do with the word. Finally, the word is revealed and the music box’s tune matches perfectly.

Enso:
Powerful mental-magic based on the classic “which-hand effect” presented by Christopher Taylor. Enjoy detailed PDF instructions and additional video instructional support.
Also included are directions for making an amazingly effective, “no-batteries-required” magnet detector.

Overkill
Perform an eerie exercise in which a participant correctly matches the photos of five murder victims with their Victorian Era killers.
Contains detailed performance and instructional videos by Christopher Taylor. Vintage Victorian style photos included in download.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 15, 2016 10:49PM)
Wouldn't you know it? There is a glitch on the NEW site that is preventing the downloads from occurring. We will have it sorted out tomorrow. Cheers.

Christopher
Shop Looks great Christopher!
I was able to sign up and download my free routine. I chose hotel which turned out to be fantastic. I really appreciate it Christopher. I will enjoy this one. Thanks

J
I share John C.'s experience. Much thanks, Christopher. Extremely generous and exciting to have your new site alive and functioning!
I signed up and got hotel as a (very generous) free download : it is a nice variation on the name&place :)

A nice opportunity to get more familiar with Christopher Taylor's work :)
I also obtained half track. Another winner. Solid routine.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 17, 2016 11:21PM)
Thanks you for the kind words about my downloads, John, Nestor and gamester. It is great to have to feedback on my non-electronic material, which is where I started in mentalism.

All the best,

Christopher
I signed up for an account, but never did see a way to obtain a promotional download. Lost my interest now.

Robert
I humbly believe the previous site had a much more sleek and professional looking format and feel.
Just my input...
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 18, 2016 01:38PM)
Robert: Sent you a PM. Cheers.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 19, 2016 12:07PM)
I want to thank everyone for their feedback on the difficulty of acquiring the free download. Our webmaster, Derek has now made it very very clear and easy. Cheers.

Christopher
Just a quick update. Christopher did send me a PM offering to get me sorted out and then I saw his last post, so I thought I would go back to the site and give it a shot. I still didn't see anything about how to access. It turns out that it is probably due in great part to my lack of patience. I took a quick look around, signed out and signed back in, added it to the cart -- still nothing.

Seeing that he said that they made it very clear, I thought that maybe my computer wasn't showing something, a graphic, who knows. I finally, for whatever reason, typed in the url for the home page and there was a link to the instructions. I had previously clicked on the link in the original post, and since I was already inside the website with links to everything, or so I thought, I never had a reason to go to the home page. Long story short, don't go to the link in the post above for the downloads, go to the link in Christopher's signature and it will get you to the right place.

I haven't actually downloaded the download yet, so I can't comment as to the quality, but I also chose Hotel.

On another note, Eclipse is another product on Christopher's site that I recently purchased from him, and it is really good and well worth checking out.

Thanks,

Robert
Great new site! I will create an account soon
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 19, 2016 03:18PM)
Sorry for the confusion. The link to the free downloads is on the HOME PAGE: http://taylorimagineering.com Cheers.

Christopher
Thanks Christopher!. I also got 'Hotel', very nice version! Figured if I bought one it'd be basically half price since I got one free, so I also went for Half Track. Also a nice, solid routine. Thanks!
I registered & picked up Overkill. Had small problem with the download as there was a glitch in the site. But after a quick email to Christopher, he responded immediately with direct links & a different coupon code & whalaa - all fixed & download the extras !
Thank you Christopher for the freebie & your awesome customer service !!

As for the effect, I skimmed thru the explanation vid partially & love the workings, look forward to watching his actual performance of it & all of the explanation of the effect.

Thank you again Christopher !!
I'm debating between Hotel and Half Track but the descriptions are very sparse. I know Name & Place and would like to know what the differences/improvements are. As for Half Track, the description really tells me nothing about the effect. Christopher, can you elaborate please?
Hi Christopher,

Firstly I like the site. It looks cool and relaxed. Secondly, thank you for the free download Hotel.

And I can tell you Hotel is fantastic. Now on, this will be the version of 'name/place' I will be performing in close up/small group situations. IMHO, this version has quite a few advantages over Bob's version or even the original Bruce Bernstein version.

Hey man, now that I got my Hotel free, STOP the free downloads and JACK up the price...right now :-)

Thank you so much once again.
Registered and tried to download but keeps telling me I have used up my downloads even though it hasn't downloaded at all. Anyone else had this problem?
Yes, I was able to download the explanation but not the others, shoot Christopher an email, he will take care of it as he did for me.
Did you go back to home page / your account & try the download button ?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 22, 2016 10:31AM)
[quote]On Sep 21, 2016, robvh wrote:
I'm debating between Hotel and Half Track but the descriptions are very sparse. I know Name & Place and would like to know what the differences/improvements are. As for Half Track, the description really tells me nothing about the effect. Christopher, can you elaborate please? [/quote]

In regards to Hotel, it is a "Name and Place" style routine that works with just a couple of business cards, a pen and NO SWITCHES.

Here is a full description of Half Track:
The Effect:
As you read the following description, consider how impossible lay people would find this effect.
The mind reader (M) gives each of two participants (P1 & P2) half a deck of cards and asks them to shuffle their packs. M turns his back and asks each P to select any ten cards. They are encouraged to take them from the top, center or bottom of their shuffled packs.
The participants are directed to hold their ten cards like an oversized poker hand and select one to hold face down against their chests. The two packets of nine remaining cards are tabled face down. M explains he wants this to be even more challenging so the two P are to slip their memorized card into the other P’s tabled 9-card pack. The Ps pick up their individual packs and mix them. Finally, P1 hands her pack to P2 who is free to place it on top of or underneath his own ten cards. M now turns around to face the Ps and takes the pack of twenty cards.

Each P is invited to hold out a hand palm up and visualize their chosen card. M takes the top card and passes it over each palm and then drops it face down on the table between P’s hands. He continues this until he pauses holding a card over one of the palms (say P2’s) then places the card face down onto the palm and says, “Maybe.”
M continues removing single cards and waving them over P1’s palm until deciding to drop one onto her palm as well. M passes his own palm over both cards and announces that something is not right. He remembers that the two cards were exchanged at the start and switches them. Finally, both P are asked to name their cards for the first time. The cards are turned over for a perfect ending.
Wanted to publicly thank Christopher for his generosity - I too picked up "Hotel" as a free download. It's a nice variation on the (now) classic plot especially well suited for more intimate walk-around performance environments.

There were a few hiccups along the way to get the download but Derek (the site's developer I believe) was AMAZINGLY responsive and extremely helpful. Like anything new there are some kinks to smooth out - but Derek and Christopher seem to be working hard to that end.

I also picked up another "something" from Christopher that should be arriving in UT tomorrow - I'm VERY excited about it!

Best,

Drew
Thank you, Christopher for the kind offer. I look forward to checking out Hotel.

To the people here who have already consumed Hotel or Half-Track, I'm sure Christopher would appreciate it if you posted a review on his website to help encourage future sales.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 22, 2016 11:18PM)
Drew: We are indeed working hard to smooth out the remaining wrinkles on the site. I want to say that we have been overwhelmed by the number of people who have taken us up on the free download offer. All good things must come to an end, however and that includes this offer. Come September 30th, 2016 it will be over in its current form. We will be adding more downloads, and making free ones available with purchases, in the not too distant future

All the best,

Christopher
I got the effect "Overkill" and I really like it, it is well thought out and a very entertaining routine.
Thank you for the generous offer, Christopher!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 24, 2016 11:38PM)
It has been pointed out to me that two of the instant download effects are missing small files that should have been included. These are Half Track and Overkill; if you have these, I urge you to log in on my site and download the extra files. Cheers.

Christopher
Thank you. This is a wonderful offer.
I don't know what hours you are on [time zone]?

But the confirmation email [with links to download] do you respond to that email address [?]

As I got the hotel, but when I tried to download it, it failed three times, it didn't say anying buy 'failed' - I think it was my computer having too little hard drive space on the c: drive

I fixed that

Then it says I had no more downloads.... I blew the downloads in a minute after getting the files

Hmm, anyway to have another chance, so I can actually download the files this time [?]

As I was really looking forward to this

Thanks
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 26, 2016 12:26PM)
Duster: I am on the west coast of Canada. I respond to EVERY email, PM or pidgin I get. This forum is probably not the best place to get into specific details of your order so please PM me or use the contact form on my site and provide your order number and I will get you sorted out. Cheers.

Christopher
Thanks

I have resent the email

Just to be clear - I'm 99.9% [if not more] the fault is from my end

Thanks
Congratulations on the new website Chris, and thanks for generous offer.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 30, 2016 03:34PM)
We have had a fantastic response to the free download offer. That offer ended this morning but we will be making other offers that include free downloads in the near future. Cheers, all.

Christopher