(Close Window)
Topic: Meet the Jack, New Mentalism DVD
"Team Alakazam had a busy week last week.

Dave and I were busy filming a brand new DVD with the awesome Mentalist known to many as The Jack.

This brilliant DVD is due for release in December (In time for the Christmas break) and I can tell you it's full of practical mentalism."

Behind the scenes look at filming:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Alakazam-Vlog-15th-September-2016.html
The Jack is awesome. This is on top of my christmas list.

Mark
Thank you very much Mark and Stunninger!
Been looking forward to this since Mr Nardi dropped the hint back in september, Jorge is the performer's performer in mentalism.

A Full review will be posted on the Alakazam website at the Meet the Jack product page.

Seasons greetings one and all.

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob
I too have been excited for this one since talking to Mr Loosley earlier this year. He couldn't speak any more highly of it! As a huge mentalism fan, I genuinely am so looking forward to this one!

Jamie Daws
Can the routines be performed close up??
This guy was great at minds convention, very entertaining . Defo keen on his DVD set.
Hi,

I was lucky to see Jack Live at the last Minds convention in Newcastle and I can tell you it was the highlight of the convention, fooled me badly....
Will grab this for sure.
To those who've seen him perform... Other than giving out the book, What is the difference between The Jack's version of Pegasus and Steve Valentine's?

-allen
I don't know Jack!
Anyone know whether all these routines can be performed close up?
Hi Daren,
Yes,each effect can be performed close up.

I hope this helps

Peter
Thanks for the comments guys! Magic A to Z, In To Lovecraft you can force any word on the page, or a certain picture of what s happening there, you can force two different words to different spectators. Besides method and I think more important is the structure of the routine that creates 6 moments of amazement to the audience.
Very disappointed that To Lovecraft is on the dvd, I bought the booklet for the same price as the entire dvd...
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 11, 2016 06:42PM)
This looks great.
[quote]On Dec 7, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Very disappointed that To Lovecraft is on the dvd, I bought the booklet for the same price as the entire dvd... [/quote]

Yeah, I did too, very disappointing.
Hi Guys,

Meet The Jack is now in stock and being dispatched with FREE worldwide shipping

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Meet-The-Jack-By-Jorge-Garcia.html

Regards

Peter
Got this yesterday and I am really enjoying this DVD, Project Fear has a nice little system that I will use and the book test,which I do a lot, I really like the set up which the Jack uses,so for me worth the dosh for just these two effects alone.
Peter said on the vblog there will be a sale on Christmas Day (poss Christmas Eve) so I'll wait until then to buy it.
This deserves to be more so I suggest you buy it now !

Dr Rob
Bought it, love it, buy it.
Just waiting for the discount to be applied, then I'll press go.
Thank you for the great review guys!!!
Great DVD! My favorites are To Lovecraft and One Head. Really great thinking. The Jack has a wonderful performance style. The explanations video is one hour forty six minutes long, and goes into great detail for all of the handlings and nuances. Very well done!
Thank you very much Stunninger!!!
Title: Meet the Jack
Creator: Jorge Garcia
Publisher: Alakazam
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: performance is an hour / reveals are an hour and 46 minutes

Type of effect: Entire Mentalism Parlor Performance

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Jorge Garcia, better known to many as "The Jack," has performed and lectured in over 20 countries. He's a regular face on television in his native Argentina and has also performed at the world famous Magic Castle no less than 6 times!

On his first DVD, The Jack shares 8 of his favorite and most powerful Mentalism creations and performance pieces, including To Lovecraft, Jorge's brilliant and acclaimed version of the classic Pegasus Page effect.

Each effect is performed in front of a live audience and later joined by Peter Nardi. They dissect and explain every effect in great detail back at the Alakazam studio.

Routines Include:

To Lovecraft - This is The Jack's awesome take on the classic Book test (variation of Art Emerson Pegasus Page effect) lots of stages to it – regular paper back that you can give away wih the torn page at the end.

L-Mental - a Rock, Paper, Scissors prediction with 3 spectators.

Project Fear - you predict the phobia of a random person in the audience

A Think and Stop Card Trick –a borrowed deck ACAN effect.

One Head – it’s a 3 choice one ahead routine

Blindfold Act - An awesome 5-minute routine using nothing more than a real blindfold and a deck of cards. Jack's Blindfold act has multiple phases that get increasingly more impossible.

Mind Track – a card revelation using spirit writing.

Haunted Key Jack’ take on the classic key effect

As a bonus, on the DVD you will also receive PDF downloads of many of the routines, so you can print them off and learn them anywhere!

How accurate is the ad copy? This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only that also includes pdf lecture notes

How are the production values: both the performance and the explanation are a joy to watch – everything is so well done. Peter Nardi and the team at Alakazam have hit it out of the park with this one.

Is it well taught: Between Peter Nardi and Jorge Garcia the viewer get DOUBLE the ideas – Thanks to “the Jack” for sharing these gems with the public.

Difficulty / Skill level required: All of this is minimal prop mentalism – the entire act could fit in a small carrying case. Nothing to build and the routines are not difficult. I don’t even think there is any sleights to learn.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Most of this is done as a parlor routine, but these would work great for a small gathering or party at your house.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

I had never heard of “The Jack” before, but so thankful for this introduction.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiJG-APnH54
WOW _ just woke up the news that Jorge Garcia passed away last night? What happened?
According to messages on Facebook he had a massive heart attack and passed away.
Yes I heard the very sad and horrible news. Unbelievable.

Jorge was an incredible, talented and fine person and this is a big loss. He was too young.
Although bought this awhile back, got around to watching it only last week. It is heart wrenching to know that he is no longer around. RIP Jack.

There is great learning on this dvd. Jack had an easy and yet powerful stage presence. Very much recommended.
I was lucky enough to be there for the filming of this dvd. It is amazing - great content and so many routines and ideas on here.

Not only was Jorge an incredibly talented mentalist (thank goodness that this dvd was filmed before we lost him) but he was a very gentle and funny man too! We stayed in touch after the filming and I was so sad to hear that he had passed away.
Sad to see this DVD is being liquidated by a wholesaler. Once these are gone there will likely not be more pressings, so get it while you can. Your favorite dealer will likely have it for half off.

The world of Mentalism misses you, my friend!