(Close Window)
Topic: Rope GAGS
Any favourites? I see the double ended scissors have been mentioned in a previous post.

my personal favourite is one Michael finney did on "worlds wildest magic." it was such a bad joke, but I was laughin on the floor for hours. it goes like this. Michael had a jumbo card box in his hand.

"do you like card tricks?"
"sure do sir"
"thats great, but you and I are goin to do a rope trick!" (he pulls the rope from the card box.)

hook, line and sinker, everyone walks into that one.
Steve Bedwell has a thing were he acedetliy cut his thumb of and trys to grab the sicors afterwords. It dosnt sound funny but when I first saw him do it I laught till it hurt and so did the rest of the audience, all magicians.
I love the amazing Johnathan's the best. (Cut's the extra piece of rope which looks like the middle, now has two pieces sticking out of his fist).
"I'll cut the ends of with karate like speed!" (Puts scissors behind head and cuts twice, two pieces fly out of hand.) LOL
Oh...it's EASY to gag yourself with a rope...

Just kidding, of course.

I love to use these lines when I ask/have the volunteer cut the rope with his makeshift hand-scissors:

-Here! You can use these (gesture with own hand) scissors. They're very [i]handy[/i] scissors.

-(After they cut it) You're a pretty [b]sharp[/b] guy. You must live on the [b]edge[/b] of town.

Thanks to Michael Winters for that last line.
[quote]
You must live on the [b]edge[/b] of town.
[/quote]

Nope, in Cleave-land.

--Rick
There's an old saying, "You know, if you give a man enough rope he'll hang himself, but if you give a magician enough rope he'll do a rope trick."