(Close Window)
Topic: Story magic based on personal experience.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 23, 2016 09:33AM)
Here is one of my favourite storytelling pieces. It is quite autobiographical: https://youtu.be/ehQ_foCBj8I

Christopher
Nice routine and I love the storytelling.

I believe magic can be much more engaging for the audience if we use our own personality into the presentation.

It becomes an intimate and powerful experience more than just a trick. And in a more natural way.

This way of thinking is something I would like to use to introduce a story/effect about Jack the Ripper.

When I was living in London, I had a personal experience with a strange coincidence in the Whitechapel district.

But as Tony Chris would say: "That's a story for another day"
I agree,
my background as a visual artist has contributed to being able to vary my presentations considerably. I have been fortunate to work some quite old and exclusive venues and there are paintings on the walls. I worked quite regularly in one particular place and made it my business to learn about certain paintings and their history. As my background is portraiture I could touch on the techniques used in the paintings too.
Anyway I find having a wide area of interest can help in tailoring the magic to the venue and to my experiences as an artist.