(Close Window)
Topic: Gary Jones LIVE: Sunday Nov 6th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE)
Gary Jones LIVE: Sunday Nov 6th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) SUPPORT LIVE MAGIC.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7501

"Every time I meet up with Gary he fools the heck out of me!" - Cameron Francis

"Gary has the ability to simplify the hardest of effects, and creates really workable and highly commercial magic." - Dave Forrest

"One of the best lectures I've ever seen." - Chris Williams

What will he teach?
Coin to Spectator's Pockets - Repeat body loading technique
Curzon Aces - Comedy effect with a strong climax
6 Cards to Pocket - The last card problem has been fixed
On Your Face - A comedy take to a Paul Harris classic
Interlace - This one catches magicians
Pocket/Pocket/Pocket - A signed selection jumps to three different pockets, and more...
Top Con -Gary’s convincing card control to the top of the deck!!
OOSOOM - Gary's thought of cards deck fully explained
Thoughts - Think of a card special deck fully explained
Not Chosen/Best magician in the World - Easy to make trick decks
3C - Coins appear in fire, vanish, and then all end up in the pocket
Coins Across/Tosheroon - A lesson in getting one ahead
Rock/Paper/Scissors - Strong mentalism routine which is 100% self-working
34/65 - A multiple climax self-working mental routine
Fire Cups - The easiest cups and balls routine…..Ever!
Melt - The image of a selected card appears on spectator's own phone
Metal Sheep - A modern take on a classic, a new handling...all the coins are examined
Coin Bend Plus - A self-working coin bend and other applications
Bag4Life - A self-working coin penetration of a clear bag
Dobson's Choice - A super easy Free Will type effect
Floss - A borrowed ring tied to a length of dental floss penetrates
Ring and Pins - A borrowed ring is placed onto a marked safety pin, it jumps onto an unmarked pin, super easy to do

Who is he?
Gary has travelled the world performing at Corporate Events, Private Parties, Conferences, Weddings and Product Launches in London, Paris, Madrid, Casablanca, Lisbon, Marbella, Nice, Barcelona and Seville. Gary is also the resident Magician at The Thurlestone Hotel for the seventh year, and has been one of the three resident magicians at the Brend Hotel Group for the last 25 years. Gary is a member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star.

Gary has produced many DVDs and effects, iCandy, Dupes and the current Automata series to name but a few.

Gary’s lecture will cover close-up magic, cabaret and mentalism, and will be a mix of sleight of hand and many self-working but very strong effects. Gary will also discuss his techniques for misdirection, how to routine effects and give a talk on pocket management and valuable tips on how to survive as a full-time magician.
I am VERY much looking forward to this. Gary is one of my favorite performers.
KJ
[quote]On Oct 31, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
I am VERY much looking forward to this. Gary is one of my favorite performers.
KJ [/quote]

+1!
I know that I am known as a big friend of Gary's (I am), but I know all of the material mentioned above and if you don't add at least 1 item from this lecture that you will use, I will be absolutely astonished.

Great magic by one of the best workers I know.
I've had the pleasure of watching Gary lecture a couple of times......definitely recommended.
I have most of Gary's stuff already, but even so, this one is a definite for me. Gary seems like a top bloke who puts out great effects and is a good teacher to boot.

Charlie
Have talked to Gary a few times on the phone but unfortunately, I ain't met him yet.

Can't wait to meet him though. I think I have almost everything that he has released.

I could say that he is one of the best working close up workers in Britain but that would not be true.

I should really say that he is one of the best close up workers IN THE WORLD & that is not an understatement.

This man knows what works & why it works. He has the skill & a knack for the changes that need to be done when working for real people under pressure.

He is also very funny & entertaining & he has the likeability factor.

Like a good actor you just can't stop watching him & listening to him when he talks.

Plus he will fool you & you will like HIS take on things.

I think 90% of what he is doing on this release I have seen BUT IT'S MR JONES SO I WILL BE WATCHING & LEARNING.

I am sure that once Gary is seen on this he will have many new fans in the magic world.

Coins to spectators pocket is SO GOOD & so easy to do & his 6 cards to pocket is the BEST VERSION ever.

There are so many effects on here that I have used on a regular basis during my paid shows. What am I talking about ha, all of my events are paid shows, but you get the idea.
Looking forward to this.

Mike Donoghue
Well I have just paid for this.

Looking forward to seeing Mr Jones work again.

Mike Donoghue
Gary Jones is one of the great workers out there in the trenches every day.
This should definitely be a good one.
Can't imagine not getting at least a couple useable ideas from this and more likely several.
Gary is a great guy and a great working magician. If you are looking for solid magic that you can perform in real life working environments rather than face on in front of a camera, then Gary's your man! #legend
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Nov 1, 2016 07:10AM)
Can't ever go wrong with anything Gary puts out, highly recommend all to see this!
Well there's only 3 days , 12 hrs & 37 seconds until I can view this lecture.

Not that I am eager or counting mind ha.

Mike Donoghue
[quote]On Oct 31, 2016, mike donoghue wrote:
Have talked to Gary a few times on the phone but unfortunately, I ain't met him yet.

Can't wait to meet him though. I think I have almost everything that he has released.

I could say that he is one of the best working close up workers in Britain but that would not be true.

Mike Donoghue [/quote]

Mike. You have almost everything that anyone has released. Lol.

Plus 1 for looking forward to this. Top performer, and all round nice guy.
You are right Pegasus, I have a lot of stuff lol.

Gary's Fire Cups routine is something I do( at the moment thought it's my Chop Cup routine I am using. That may change to my variation of JIGGERNAUGHT though or a very quick full sized Cup & Ball Routine).

I noticed though that on the trailer Gary has a new ending for the routine which is just as funny.

It was an eye opener for me that you can get just as big a reaction from a small set of cups & just one final load but it's true. The saying is correct, that if you add a bit of flash paper to a routine a lay audience loves it.

Of course I have added my own bits & pieces to the routine which I explained to Gary over the phone & his equally talented friend the amazing Chris Congreave when I met him at Blackpool last year.Also, looking forward to Mr Congreaves leture.

£21 for this download of stuff that is 90% of what I already own but as it's Gary so it is worth it.

Little changes or as John G. would say one degree can elevate an entertaining routine into something ever better.
I bet we both enjoy this mate.

Looking forward to it.

Mike Donoghue
Gary is the best magician and most creative person I know. Miss this at your peril.
I can't help but echo the previous comments. Gary is one of the best magicians working today and has an incredible knack of creating strong, commercial magic that you can't resist to perform. Every time I see him, I learn a lot and this lecture can't be missed!!!

Iain.
Happy Birthday Gary.
So happy he's finally doing a penguin live lecture. I say without hesitation that Gary Jones is one of the best magicians I have ever met and certainly the most masterful practitioner of misdirection (or redirection, if you will) that I have ever seen in person. Plus, he's a great guy to boot.
This will be quite lecture!

This is not a series of effects that are sort of ok for lecture, this is real world magic that Gary actually does perform.

I book the lectures for my magic club and I've caught quite few lecturers out who lecture things they do not perform at paid gigs.

Gary's lecture is full of workable material, this is one lecture worth picking up, especially for the non UK guys who may be wondering who Gary is!
Looking forward to a wonderful working worker, working his way to the top
MD
Thank you for all your kind words (blush).

Kind regards,

Gary Jones.
Just watched his opener. It's the same one he uses in his Live DVD. I hope there's newer material here too.
Great lecture from Gary. It's easy to see he uses this stuff regularly and it's not at all difficult. Definitely in my top 10 of Penguin lectures.
Very practical routines from Gary, but I didn't expect anything less from this man.

A very worthy purchase.

Anyone could make a living from doing mix & mingle magic using the information on his download.

Mike Donoghue
This is a fantastic lecture ! Gary's work on the Koran stack and think of a card is worth the asking price. I particularly liked the easy to make trick decks, they are simple to make up and would sell as individual tricks in their own right.

I will never use fake fruit ever again haha, you have to watch the rant :)

Graham J
Just bought it :) Can't wait.

Gary is sensational.
Everyone still agree Gary is one of the greatest performers of magic in the world ? Presentation wise?
MD
What is the black envelope used for the 3 way out? - he didn't mention the reference for it (I think).

Thanks
[quote]On Nov 12, 2016, MDon 2233 wrote:
Everyone still agree Gary is one of the greatest performers of magic in the world ? Presentation wise?
MD [/quote]

For story telling? No. For 'wacky' humour? No. For realistic mentalism? No (etc. etc.)
For his style of magic and presentation, yes, very much a great worker and performer.

Not sure what you meant by this question though. Gary (to my knowledge) makes no claims, beyond that he's a worker and he certainly is that.

All the best,
C.
Didn't say Gary suggested this Puggo ??? never impied that at all !

he's an ideas man . nothing wrong with that, its great IF you want a WORKER Lol that moronic saying .

It all comes down to what percentage you give for knowing a secret or presentation

Genuine question ..
did it captivate you his coin in pocket ??
as some have suggested is the rountine of a worker.
just want your feed back
MD

he's an ideas man . nothing wrong with that, its great IF you want a WORKER Lol that moronic saying .

It all comes down to what percentage you give for knowing a secret or presentation

Genuine question ..
just want your feed back
MD [/quote]

There are very few performers that 'captivate' me and even then, not every routine from that performer does so. Those performers and routines that I think are great, tend to be different to those my wife likes the most.. (apples & oranges so to speak). Many rave over Gazzo or Kozmo's performance and presentation style, I find it hard not to see it as a bit rude to the audience, but then again, they clearly are excellent street performers who know their craft, so what do I know?
I have mostly seen Gary as a close up performer, rather than a stage/parlour performer.

With regard to the coins to spec's pocket, no it dd not captivate me. It is one of those routines that I suspect is like coin on shoulder/under watch (which I do quite a bit), which is far more impressive for the participant and for those experiencing it live e.g. on camera its only so so, but up close and live.. I keep meaning to try it or part of it a few times to see for myself if it works for me.

One that impressed me was the 3c coin routine - I had seen this on the iCandy DVD (I preferred the performance of this on the DVD as the camera work caught the magic more effectively). I also really liked the pocket to pocket (card) sequence - I first learnt this from Gary perhaps 6 or so years ago at Blackpool (he demoed it and I bought the 'Pocket This' DVD). I have been using it, or a version of it, ever since, every time I work for a paid audience (although only part time). I also thought that the trick deck routines were really solid stuff and I used to perform bag 4 life on a regular basis. Oh, and metal sheep is really strong..

For me the expression of being a 'worker', means someone who performs for audiences regularly and more importantly, performs for a range of different audiences e.g. different ages, demographics and environments. Having seen a lot of footage of Gary performing for non magicians over the years, he seems very good at doing exactly that. He comes across as a genuine likable bloke, who you would have a laugh with while being fooled.

The danger of having a really, really strong presentation style, is that for magicians, you get a clone (for example, have you ever watched a magician perform a Mel Mellers (or whoever) routine and then start to talk like him?

Anyhow, I guess I probably didn't answer your question that well, but perhaps a few final thoughts: I have bought many Penguin lectures, and very few would qualify as being really strong performances as they are filmed lectures and performances to a stock crowd (rather than 'proper' live shows). I also suspect that many lay people love David Blaine's 'performances', but they are rather dry to watch, or is it that he's really clever in redirecting the magic moment at the audience.

Enough wasted time - have a good weekend!
You too
MD

Genuine question ..
just want your feed back
MD [/quote]

It would never win FISM LOL!

I don't do many of the 'flashy' two second miracles which are all the rage now (I do love them, it's just that I have to be realistic and have full routines at my gigs). Most of the routines I perform are full routines, they have a start, a middle and an end, the exceptions are the jazz type routines like body-loading etc where who knows where it can go (this adds to the excitement cause you just never know). There are many different types of magicians, Youtube magicians, magician's magicians, hobbyist magicians and magicians who gig on a regular basis for people of all different ages, and at all different types of venues....That's the camp I'm in (the gigging magician).

I do agree though, body loading isn't a pretty looking effect for the eye, it wouldn't work on Youtube as there are no flashy tv style bangs and flashes going on, but it's a solid working piece of misdirection and jazz style magic......at the right time, right place......What I covered in the lecture were the just the basics, and to show just how easy it is to do, it's then up to the individual performer to go away and make it theirs!

Just for the record, performing at a magic lecture is nothing like performing for laypeople lol, but we all know that!

I've never claimed to be the greatest magician in the world, ever...because I'm not lol! I'm just living my dream of performing magic as my sole living and enjoying this fantastic lifestyle magic has given me, and sharing my ideas with likeminded people.

If anyone has any questions about any of the 20 or so routines on this lecture please feel free to contact me, either by phone, or by email, and I will be more than happy to go over any of the routines for you and answer any questions you may have. Thank you.

Oh, and someone mentioned above about my opener for the lecture, this is the first time I've actually taught the method, I usually do it as a throwaway magical gag at lectures but I decided I would to teach it for Penguin Live!

Thank you for all the feedback, I truly appreciate it.

Gary Jones.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7501
Cannot be fairer than that thank you and good luck.
MD
A great lecture and an excellent(and generous) response. Well done Gary, thank yuou for all you contribute to our art.
My review of the lecture.

Firstly, although I have sort of met Gary at The Black Cap convention last year he would probably not know me. And I have seen Gary lecture at my club and at the Black Cap convention so I knew what to expect watching this. This isn't a dig at Gary, but he did look very knackered during the lecture, he wasn't flowing like I have seen him in the past. Thiis did not distract from the lecture, maybe the bar was closed ha ha !

Curzon Aces. A joke for magicians only, not something I will use myself.

Coin to Spectators Pockets. I really like this, it will take some management to get away with it but nothing difficult.

On your Face. One of the best tricks in the lecture. I can see many doing this trick. You need some glue to make the gimmick, or use something you may already have.

3C. A very good coin trick, not easy so it will take practice to get this down.

Interlace. This trick fooled the .... outa me, and easy to do as well.

Ring and Pins. Not my sort of trick, clever but not for me.

Fire Cups. I have been doing this since when I saw Gary do this at my local club, very good.

Coins Across and Tosheroon. Good solid card and coin magic, lots of misdirection needed and taught.

6 Cards to Pocket. Wow !

Palming Lesson. Two palms taught.

Top Con. A very good card control.

Bag 4 Life. If you read this in a book you would never believe you wouuld get away with this, clever !

Dobson's Choice. Nice and clever mind reading trick.

Rock Paper Scissors. One of the best mind reading trick I have seen, I do this everywhere !

Floss. This is so wicked, and so easy to do.

Thieves and Sheep. This is an updated version of Gary's Metal Sheep where all the coins are handled by the audience. Another trick I will do everywhere !

Coin Bend. One of those why didn't I think of this tricks. I would say this
is the easiest coin bending trick in magic !

Melt Idea. A clever way to get a picture of a signed card onto another person's phone.

Not Chosen and Best Magician in the World trick decks. Both decks are very good and simple to make.

Touched and Child's Play. Two more clever decks, both are mind reading tricks and they are very good. You will need to buy something extra to make these decks up, but it will be worth it.

Gary's Thoughts Deck. This was the highlight for me, and if you have ever been apprehensive about using a deck like this, just watch Gary's presentation in front of the live audience. I cannot recommended this trick any higher !

34/65. A mind reading head scratcher with a personalised message.

Well there you have it, there is something for everyone in this lecture. I will be using at least 4 or 5 of these.

Graham J
Gary is so generous! Great lecture
If several " Big Magic Names" were performing for the lay public & Gary was among them I know who everyone would be watching & it would be Mr Jones.

Being a "gigging" magician myuself I just know that Gary's stuff works & as soon as I saw him on dvd (never met him yet) I knew he was the real deal .

You can spot a pretender immediatelly & see them in strange atire at magic clubs talking theory & over complicating plots & routines.

Gary knows that at an event where they are paying you a lot more for a couple of hours than what you used earn for a 39 hour week in a regular job, you have to get around

everyone in the alloted time, connect immediatelly & instanly let them know you are very good and worthy of their time.

On all levels Gary does this & I for one cannot wait to meet this guy.

The only thing I worry about is how will I feel the next day after a drink with him ha

Mike Donoghue
Yes great words Mike, can we see a clip or website of you performing, love to watch a real gigging worker as you say .
Really love to see you in action please !!!
Tarik never delivered can you
MD
Gary is superb. He earns a living out of performing and has done so for many years. Nuff said. A creator of top quality close up magic that you can perform in real working situations, and not just for a camera. Respect.
[quote]On Nov 15, 2016, MDon 2233 wrote:
Yes great words Mike, can we see a clip or website of you performing, love to watch a real gigging worker as you say .
Really love to see you in action please !!!
Tarik never delivered can you
MD [/quote]
Here are pics of Mike doing his thing. Some great audience reactions there.
http://www.mikedonoghuemagician.co.uk/gallery
MDon2233, let's see you in action now please.
Hmm yes great pictures , well to be honest not that great. Couple of points
1 This is not you !! I know all about you this is why I always question your constant post saying your a pro you're not , this is not you or your contact number this is fake , lets see a video of you performing.

2 See me in action, ?? I have no action I'm not pretending to be a WORKER as you aptly put it LOL

Mike you're delusional and to think someone else would do this makes them not well too .
All we need now is Tarik to come in with a website, and its cuckoo land

MD
#nice try though

lets see a video from a pro worker LOL
MDon 2233,

this has got to be the strangest post I have ever seen by anyone on the Café.

There is no footage of me performing anything on my website & that is for a good reason. ie. I don't want idiots like you nicking my material, patter, or the way I do things.

With 35 posts you are relativly new on here & with comments like that it probabley wont be longer before the "Men In Coats" come & take you away. Pun intended but it probably went over your head.

I won't reply to anymore comments by you but if you are ever at a magic convention & you know me come over & introduce yourself & very quickly you will get to know me very well.
If you are someone from the North East & you know me & you get your kicks out of using my 1st name initial & the 1st three letters of my surname, feel free to introduce yourself & I will show you another talent I have have & I can guarentee that you will remember me.

Mike Donoghue Pro magician begging to realis ethat a lot of magicians seem to have serious problems.
Typos again ha.
Better spell it out Begining to realise.

Mike
Sadly, yet another thread veers off into an area nothing to do with the subject (Gary Jones' excellent lecture) - let's get back to discussing the lecture and the effects presented.
Ok back on track with the lecture
Ok Mike will take you up on that, I have your contact details now coming to the North soon all the best MD
Nicking your material ... have to say that's priceless good one LOL
MD
Right M Don.

I said I would not respond to any more of your posts.

However, you have just contradicted one of your earlier posts.

How the hell are you going to contact me if it's not me on the website.If it's not me then you don't know what I look like.

Also if my contact details are fake how the F..K can you get in contact with me.

By all means though when you are up in the North East get in contact. South Tyneside is a convention I will be attending next year.

Also, what I mean by nicking routines is bits of business that are developed over time.

Enough time wasted addressing you.

If you do approach me you need to be polite as if you are not you will not like my reaction. End of conversation.

Mike Donoghue
Ok
lets get on with the lecture
MD
[quote]On Nov 14, 2016, Graham Johnston wrote:
My review of the lecture.

Firstly, although I have sort of met Gary at The Black Cap convention last year he would probably not know me. And I have seen Gary lecture at my club and at the Black Cap convention so I knew what to expect watching this. This isn't a dig at Gary, but he did look very knackered during the lecture, he wasn't flowing like I have seen him in the past. Thiis did not distract from the lecture, maybe the bar was closed ha ha !

Gary's Thoughts Deck. This was the highlight for me, and if you have ever been apprehensive about using a deck like this, just watch Gary's presentation in front of the live audience. I cannot recommended this trick any higher !

Graham J [/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to review my lecture. Yes I was very tired, I had been on the road for a week prior to flying out to do the live shows, the filming of downloads and the lecture, plus the flights and jetlag so I wasn't firing on all cylinders LOL. But it was awesome fun!

The Black Cat convention and Penguin are two very different things completely, at the Cat day I just did my lecture without any interruptions, whereas the Penguin lecture format now is a stop and start style lecture while they show the performance clips of the night before show, and then you go into the explanations. This doesn't detract from the teaching, but I couldn't really slot in the gags and funny stuff due the this set-up (for me that was, others may prefer this format). Seven of the effects from the night before show are taught in the lecture so you do get a better feel for how they play to a "real" crowd (well, more of a seasoned "real" crowd, along with Penguin staff and magicians LOL) on the downside I had to halt the lecture 7 times while they showed the clips of these effects.

It's all good though, I had an awesome time, and the Penguin team treat you like a star, you never want for anything and you get 5 star treatment.

Yes the mind reading deck - I wanted to put this into the live show because I think a few magicians wouldn't have the nerve to do this effect, so performing it in the live show will hopefully kill these fears. I also performed it again for those at the lecture just to prove that my method for think of a card is 100% workable everytime, both in the 'real' world, and for magicians. This effect literally has taken me around the world, it is 100% surefire and it also fools magicians (and requires no fishing of the cards). Frank, the other magician who flew in from Washington DC to also perform on the live show stayed an extra day to watch the lecture to see how this effect was done, had I known this beforehand I would have explained it to him straight after the show :-)

Thank you.

Gary.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2016, Drtriage wrote:
What is the black envelope used for the 3 way out? - he didn't mention the reference for it (I think).

Thanks [/quote]

I have the same question. What's the name of the black envelope used in the Rock Paper Scissors routine? Looks Nice.
[quote]On Nov 18, 2016, otreboR wrote:

Thanks [/quote]

I have the same question. What's the name of the black envelope used in the Rock Paper Scissors routine? Looks Nice. [/quote]

I asked Gary directly and for the reply was that he made it himself using black card and unfolding a paper envelope to use as a template.

(I suppose it is similar to the Kismet envelope in Ted Lesley' s book Paramiracles).

It is being made available from BBM I will get the link
[quote]On Nov 18, 2016, Drtriage wrote:
[quote]On Nov 18, 2016, otreboR wrote:

Thanks [/quote]

I have the same question. What's the name of the black envelope used in the Rock Paper Scissors routine? Looks Nice. [/quote]

I asked Gary directly and for the reply was that he made it himself using black card and unfolding a paper envelope to use as a template.

(I suppose it is similar to the Kismet envelope in Ted Lesley' s book Paramiracles).

It is being made available from BBM I will get the link [/quote]

Yes, I just took a pay type envelope and opened it out and used this as a template, which I used with some black card. I then cut two rectangular pieces of card just slightly thinner than the width of the envelope to act as dividers, so it becomes an envelope with three compartments. I'm not sure of the workings of the Kismet envelope, but mine is very lo-tech and very easy to make up. The envelope can also be used for Free Will type effects, and many other ESP effects. The Rock Paper Scissors effect is oh so simple to do, yet it is such a very strong mentalism effect in the eyes of the spectators, and once made up (a matter of minutes) you're always ready to hit them hard. I use it at the tables, in walk-about/strolling events, down the pub, and just about everywhere I go.

Gary.
Thanks for the further details Gary.

The Kismet envelope is similar but rather than 2 separate dividers it has one piece folded over. Google Stevens magic Kismet for an online description.

Thanks again Gary.
Thanks Gary!!!
I really enjoyed this lecture. I don't really do gambling routines, but I will likely do the first effect he did. I really loved it! I prefer humor to coming across like the pretentious gambler, but I realize people love gambling routines. For me, this was the perfect combination of gambling and humor.

KJ
[quote]On Nov 19, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
I really enjoyed this lecture. I don't really do gambling routines, but I will likely do the first effect he did. I really loved it! I prefer humor to coming across like the pretentious gambler, but I realize people love gambling routines. For me, this was the perfect combination of gambling and humor.

KJ [/quote]

I'm 100% with you on this 1KJ, that is why I developed this handling/presentation for Roger's awesome effect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW1NxcD9-Hc

It's all about having fun LOL. I usually just do this for magicians and close friends, but I see no reason why this couldn't be used in a longer type routine...And that's the great thing about magic, at lectures the performers/creators teach the basics, it's then up to each individual to take it and make it theirs!

Thank you 1KJ,

Gary.
If any purchasers of the lecture would like a bonus self-working hard hitting mentalism routine (which uses something explained in the lecture), please go to your account page and ask me in the private forum and I will send you the routine.

Gary.
Only just seen this thread as I haven't had time to check on here much recently.

Gary is the 'real deal' when it comes to working for a living with magic. His material is punchy, straight to the point, but more importantly he's an entertainer.

You can tell how much Gary loves magic (and beer) as he is 'always on'. By that I mean whether he is working, sat in a bar with friends or lecturing for magicians, his enthusiasm and eagerness to share his magic comes through.

I remember Gary showing us his routine 'No Sleep' in a little Italian restaurant, years ago, and I have used it at every opportunity since.

A great 'worker' and a lovely bloke! :xmastree: