(Close Window)
Topic: Chaos by Mathieu Bich
Https://store.theory11.com/products/chaos-by-mathieu-bich

Ad copy:

However you think it works - you’re wrong.

A masterpiece 15 years in the making. The effect of Chaos is quite simple: a deck of cards is freely shown in random order - then impossibly reshapes itself into perfect, new-deck order.

Since 2001, Mathieu Bich has been working on a method for Chaos that was easy to perform, practical, and mind-numbingly FAIR. It’s perhaps the most deceptive card trick ever done.

Watching Chaos is experiencing a work of art. It has a beginning, middle, and end. All the way through, your spectators will be engaged and completely, utterly, devastatingly fooled.

Each phase builds upon the last, leading up to a kicker ending that simply defies explanation. There’s no sleight of hand, and with 30 minutes of practice, you can perform it right out of the box. Everything you need is included and ready to perform.
Now that looks really clean.
This guy is so creative. .look forward to more info on this. .
Can't wait till someone gets a hold of this!
Fooled. And a half.
I LOVE IT!!!
OMG
I just saw this and it does look good!

Robert
Mathieu Bich is so creative. This looks like something I will do!

Robert
Bought it/watched the explanation.This was most definitely a routine created FOR magicians. Not that it's not good, but all of the little convincers in there that are eliminating methods for us magicians are built into the deck, making this a HIGHLY gimmicked pack.

It's very good though.
I had no doubt that it was heavily gimmicked, but thanks for that! Not sure that it is something that I could use, but it looks great!

Robert
It had to be highly gimmicked which means I wouldn't use it in a bar situation as people always go for the pack to look at. Not saying you couldn't, but that's just me, I wouldn't. However, in a parlor setting and with good storyline patter to match, this looks outstanding. This is a great tool, my thoughts are, you have to pick the right setting to use it, and if you do, it's a miracle.
Has to be the most gimmicked deck I've ever seen. Actually made me laugh when I watched the instructional vid. How he thought it up, I have no idea. Incredibly clever. This could be a true showpiece.
It would take a brave performer to spread the deck as seen in the demo. Hopefully it can be performed in the hands too.
I doubt more gimmicked that Spreadwave :P

I agree, this looks great and is for the right venues. I will probably invest in it down the line .
Okay, I had to dive in. I don't have the cards yet, but having watched the instructional video, I am absolutely positive this is a completely solid method, and that for the right situation, it's hard to imagine a more amazing effect with a pack of playing cards. That this is only selling for 30 bucks seems like the magic bargain of the century! I think we are all lucky that this wasn't snatched up by a TV professional leaving us all out of the loop until it was released after a broadcast performance (at a way higher price). Knowing that this will be in my arsenal for the right client at the right time fills me with glee. Having said all that, you should probably avoid this trick all together. 😜
The right situation = not workable in the real world. Deffo not for me.
Guys is this the same principle used in OCD deck by Sansminds?
[quote]On Dec 11, 2016, Mp51998 wrote:
Guys is this the same principle used in OCD deck by Sansminds? [/quote]

You've not even bothered to introduce yourself at "our new arrivals" and you're fishing for info on your 1st post? :mad:
[quote]On Dec 11, 2016, pegasus wrote:

You've not even bothered to introduce yourself at "our new arrivals" and you're fishing for info on your 1st post? :mad: [/quote]

Can you please explain to me what you are talking about? I am sorry if I didn't follow some kind of procedure.
[quote]On Dec 11, 2016, pegasus wrote:

You've not even bothered to introduce yourself at "our new arrivals" and you're fishing for info on your 1st post? :mad: [/quote]

Can you please explain to me what you are talking about? I am sorry if I didn't follow some kind of procedure. [/quote]
:angry:
@ e-man :righton:
Seriously, please explain it to me.
You can't just expect people to learn your procedures immediately. And making emojis doesn't really help.
Mp, it is simple. One does not come to a public forum and not too inconspicuously ask for the method of an effect. You want to know how similar the method is to the OCD Deck? Buy Chaos. It's simple. It is understandable that if you have the OCD Deck, you wouldn't want to buy a trick that uses the same principle (which I am not saying Chaos does, just using it as an example). What I can tell you is that the overall method is incredible. Just, don't go fishing in a public forum. Not even on a private one for that matter...

-Alex

Of course it's the same principle , it's using magic , it's all using magic !! First , you've to get a wand , a magic wand ... Then , you've to get Chaos , just one click away .

I'm stunned at the gimmickery involved , and so will you . Fishing for method isn't necessary , you could've just fished out some cash and get it .
Interesting. I just received the cards and the instructional video and I was expecting a little more... It's not something I thought it was, but it is. However, Mathieu Bich does an amazing job explaining Chaos along with all of the subtleties. Again, the gimmickery wasn't much, but there is one thing in the deck that makes it very special. Overall, this is NOT an instant rest masterpiece and I believe this routine should be done in quiet situations to get the ideal presentational opportunities.
Which dealer in the UK has Chaos please? Thank you in advance.
Zilch. Nada. None. Nil. Zero.
Hey there! where can I get the glue from chaos ? i´m searching all over the world and I can´t find him, thansk!
Got this today, along with Break by Uday(another good one)
yes, it's heavily gaffed, but it's WAY easier than I thought it would be, and taught really well.
If you're worried about the gimmickry, just move on to your next effect or use a deck switcher, if you have to let it be examined.
I think this will get great reactions.
Great effect by mathieu, not hard to master , practice will be needed to get smooth .
The deck is cleverly gimmicked , another winner by mathieu

Carl
After watching the trailer - I was fooled, this is a helluva of a effect.
I may press the buy button now, this looks so good.
Could you finish this performance with a flash deck switch and let your audience be able to examine the deck?
I see no reason why you couldn't, but it seems like an awkward element to add. If you're going to do a deck switch, when why not just rely on the switch as the method, rather than the cleanup? I.e., a quick and undetectable switch between a shuffled and new-deck-order pack seems like a great effect on its own. To add a deck switch to Chaos would mean spreading the shuffled pack, closing it, spreading it again to show it ordered, then closing it again, then doing the switch on the way to handing it out. You cannot let them examine the spread pack, so the extra step seems like it might add more suspicion on the way to clearing it up.

I've admittedly only done effect this a few times, but I find it better to do deck switches from ungaffed to gaffed packs _before_ doing the gaffed-deck effect. I usually start with a couple of tricks with a regular pack--or close enough to regular that it can be handled by a spectator--put it in my pocket for a non-card effect, then pull the gaffed pack out of the same (or even another) pocket. The spectators have gotten used to the idea of a normal pack for a few other routines, and don't suspect that all of a sudden you've got something gimmicky in your hands. Chaos is made up in Maiden backs, but no laymen will ever notice the change from red Bicycles.
Today I bought Chaos by Mathieu Bich.
I may write a review soon...
FIVE STARS for Chaos by Mathieu Bich

This is my 60th year collecting and performing. If I had to choose one card effect to perform, Chaos would be it. Mathieu is extremely clever in the design of this routine.

Just the cleverness itself makes performing it fun.

And it is a stunner.

Dave The Wave
Here is my version. Posting in case it provides some inspiration.
https://youtu.be/4B822fjn9v8
Nice!

[quote]On Oct 18, 2018, lumberjohn wrote:
Here is my version. Posting in case it provides some inspiration.
https://youtu.be/4B822fjn9v8 [/quote]
Just managed to order from propdog. Wasn’t available in the UK as far as I knew.
I know this an old thread - but I just noticed it on Vanishing and came to the Café to have a look for a review.

Take care all
This really does look good.

Steve
The effect is really good if you remember what you need to do. It's not something that you can put away for several months and still remember what you need to do.
[quote]On Oct 22, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
The effect is really good if you remember what you need to do. It's not something that you can put away for several months and still remember what you need to do. [/quote]

Totally agree. That's why I haven't done it in a couple of years.