(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for a C&B Move
I'm developing a Cups & Balls routine and wonder if there is a move, explained in print or video, that would allow me to do the following. I want to lift a cup with my right hand to show a ball underneath it, then cover the ball, at the same time getting it out and into right-hand fingerpalm, so that I can later lift the cup and show the ball has vanished. I'm working on a reverse load idea, but I was wondering if there is already something out there.
Yes, there is such a move in common use already. I believe the "show-then-steal" is shown in Ammar's excellent Cups & Balls, available in both book and video (get both if you can).

Fortasse
The galloping post move by Frank Garcia may be of some use.
I actually thought of Al Schneider's Tweezer Steal when I read what you wanted to do. It is on his L&L Cups and Balls DVD. Well worth owning that DVD, by the way.

-Patrick
Gazzo's Street Cups has a move like this, too.
Another vote for Al Schneider's move. Here's a link to his Street Cups routine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4xbc-FOx0
You can see me doing that type of move in my warm-up on this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZFUX6rIdDM

I basically consider it the same as a "pea shell game" type move, it provides a lot of flexibility and when doing it with both hands you can pretty much put balls anywhere you like.

I've been playing with the move for a few years now, and it was this summer I really busted it out and came up with that "fastest cups on the east coast" sequence where I use that move to put balls on top of the cups ... it is very effective at getting people to stop and watch.

-JoeJoe
I too initially thought of Al's street cup routine as a reference.

Great demonstration JoeJoe; and thank you for sharing!!