(Close Window)
Topic: Best razor blade swallow?
Ok so I know this isn't strictly a sideshow feat, but I have seen it performed many times as one. Now my question is which one do people recommend. Heres the problem I do a lot of talking in my act and would like to present this trick but every version ive found you cant really talk because either you have razors in you mouth etc or have to come out already loaded up, so you cant talk at all. I would like to talk, eat razors in between each razor talk and finish empty.....any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Use the OLD D. Robbins prop. I broke in the biz in the mid '40s. (Carnie side show...12-15 times a day!) D. Robbins, made it possible. (The "load" goes in, after you've done all the talking.
Hi Dick,
Went on the Robbins site... Didn't find it.
Is this the one with the flip over.... Red and black holder?
Had one in my youth like this and it worked great. Have never been able to re-acquire one. Any idea where to search?
As always, Thanks in advance.
Shooz
There's also a section about it, in Vol. 4 of Tarbell.
Well, I was a good carnie! I made mine! Yes! I think you've described it well. I visited Herman Suss' carnie illusion show in the late '40s. He had one, Robbins probably hasn't made it in eons. (I imagine that it's not fancy enough for the Yoo Toobers!) (No chrome or plastic!)

It's just two pieces of cardboard (could be plastic, today) with black cloth glued or sewed on. The red ribbon is probably better sewed on, although with the glues available today, glue might work.

Another thought...see John Booth's "Marvels of Mystery" for his handling of "The man who swallows razor blades". He does the "work" with a plain white pocket handkerchief.

Hope this helps!
This is not razor blades, but this is a very good effect in the same vein. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4585
I've found Dan Sperry's version (sold as "Always Remember to Floss") to be very useful in maintaining the ability to speak, and the convenience of having dental floss right at hand makes it compact and convenient.
Steve - Did you ever find a solution?
[quote]On Sep 2, 2017, Saint-Pol wrote:
Steve - Did you ever find a solution? [/quote]

Hmm yes and no, I have come up with my own regurgitation gimmick though which may be out in public soon ;)
Good!
Otto Wessely has a great version.
I know that this post is a little old but if you are looking for a good Razor Blade DVD, Bizzaro has whole DVD of Razor Blades tricks called Helter Shelter. It is a great DVD and lots of fun ways to do this trick. http://www.bizzaromatic.com/