(Close Window)
Topic: FREE TOY INSIDE! - Sudosuke
I may be getting old, because I miss the days when cereal used to come with toys inside. *sigh* Speaking of cereal, raise your hand if you remember who "Mikey" is. "I'm not going to try it - you try it. I know - let's give it to Mikey he'll try anything..." Who doesn't remember that commercial? Good ol' "LIFE" cereal. :)

Anyways, this post has a free toy inside - straight outta "MY LIFE" cereal. As promised, I am continuing my tradition of sharing and there is still more forthcoming as time, inspiration, and inclination permits. At current, there are 3 more manuscripts sitting in various stages of completion with several others waiting to get started. It has taken a little time to readjust and resettle after the events of last month - but I'm back. Just wanted to say "thank-you" for all of the love and support I have been shown by a good number of fine people here at the Café too. Thank-you.

So what EXACTLY is "Sudosuke?"

"Sudosuke" is an older piece from my professional repertoire that I have used extensively since about 1999. The name of course, reflects its lineage - Max Maven's "Kurotsuke."

In the standard routine, 5 stones (or balls) are used: 4 of the same colour, and 1 that is different. The challenge is to locate the one that is different. In other words, you are trying to locate a "known" object.

This routine differs in a few areas. The first is that 5 differently coloured stones are used. The other, is that in this routine the challenge is to locate a coloured stone that a participant is merely only THINKING of! In other words, you are trying to locate an "unknown" or "thought-of" object - an added impossibility!

In addition, this routine also eliminates a small weakness in Max's routine - that weakness being when the first person asked to open their hand possesses the target stone or object. When this happens, the performance comes to a rather abrupt end. I have fixed this issue.

And finally, for the "propless" crowd, there is a bonus section in the back where I feature some new work on an old principle (not used in Sudosuke) that is perfect for impromptu performances as well as several ideas for ways you can play around with it. 20 pages in total.

Now, I do have to pay bills too. So consider this as "review copies" that are available for a limited time only. If you'd like to get your "clean hand - NO, the OTHER clean hand" on this, just send me a PM. :)
Message: Posted by: The Crap Illusionist (Feb 22, 2017 04:20PM)
PM Sent in awesome anticipation...

Thanks...
It is an excellent routine! I really liked it when I first read it.
[quote]On Feb 22, 2017, E.E. wrote:
It is an excellent routine! I really liked it when I first read it. [/quote]

Thanks kindly Ever!

Although, I only just briefly passed on the basic idea behind this in a private chat we had. You haven't gotten to see the script or the other material that is included. So, check your email shortly where I will attach the finished pdf for you to enjoy more fully, ok? :)
[quote]On Feb 22, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Thanks kindly Ever!

Although, I only just briefly passed on the basic idea behind this in a private chat we had. You haven't gotten to see the script or the other material that is included. So, check your email shortly where I will attach the finished pdf for you to enjoy more fully, ok? :) [/quote]

Sweet. Thanks!

I will wait for your email, as I have something I need to tell you.

Best,
Ever
Sudo, I'm sending a PM as I know you do very high quality work.
Sudosuke is a well thought out and well produced item. And Sudo is a good writer!

I have learned several valuable lessons from the way Sudo has reworked Max Maven's classic effect.
No need for a review copy on my side,
Just want to let you know that it is good to see you back on track!
Keep up the positive vibe and you will get there!
Hi Marc.

Thanks for the thoughts my friend. You've always been one of those guys who's been supportive and I appreciate it very much.

@ Alan: Glad you enjoyed it and thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts.
Hi Sudo,

I do love my corn flakes ;-) If there is someting inside even the better.
I will write the pm and find out.

Ahh I love supense!

Cheers
Stefan
LOL.

Are you calling me "corny" and "flaky?" :rotf:

Or are you just simply saying I'm better with milk?

Go check your PM's. :)
Thank you very much for sharing this with me.
It is a really nice routine. I especially like your premise. :)
Finally an approach to kurotsuke that is not lie-detector-themed.
Thanks for your thoughts Alex.

[quote]On Feb 23, 2017, Alexxander wrote:
I especially like your premise. :)
Finally an approach to kurotsuke that is not lie-detector-themed. [/quote]

I am a firm believer in originality and breaking tradition and molds.

The funny thing is, the premise actually really does reveal a big part of my personality. I am very much the "sensitive" I refer to in the manuscript - as is probably evidenced by my often revealing posts. Our presentations *should* reveal a bit about who we really are to our audiences - self expression. That's what truly makes it an 'art' in my opinion. If you are very good at what you do, the audience should WANT to know a little more about who you are as a person.

I will leave it at that, as I don't wish to be thought of as preaching. This is just how I approach the 'art' and I know that not everyone thinks the same way.
Very happy to see you actively participating in the forum again. It's always a pleasure to read your posts.
I like this a lot. I've been wanting to work on a Kurotsuke routine for ages and now I have a really solid start on that. I haven't read the whole thing thoroughly just yet, only had time to skim, but I will be returning to read it carefully and work on getting this in a show.
" Silly rabbit, Trix are for Kids " !
One, that stuck in my head ! :-)

Glad to see you back with both barrels blazing, Sudo !

Gary
The logic in this was a trip. Every aspect could stand on its own, but you've orchestrated a fine sequence here. As always, I appreciate the personal flair, and will add this to my collection of every other work you've released thus far.

Hope to see many more
Great routine and the bonus at the end is something that has tons of uses. Even a small gambit was new to me and I fell in love with it.
As much as I'd love to have a look at this, I've already too much stuff I should be working on. It's very hard to tell my curiosity to keep quiet ;)
So, if things ae looking better for you @Sudo, it's good :)
I have seen a fair amount of Sudo's released work, and this is my favorite hands down. What a wonderful routine! I will need to re-read it a few times to wrap my head completely around it- not that it's confusing or difficult, just to make sure I have a grip on all the subtleties and nuances that make it great.

Thanks Sudo!

JD
Well what can I say other than another
genius effect from Sudo.They just keep
coming from him.Well thought out effect.
Thanks so much Sudo.Another homerun for sure.
Todd :thumbsup:
Attempted to PM but it looks like you're very popular! Out of PM space!

Regards,
Adam
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Feb 24, 2017 02:32PM)
This is devilishly sneaky. Then again, that is what we've come to expect from Sudo. :) He has extended the marvelous Maven effect and added a little known old principle to give extra impact to the ending. He also gives an excellent alternative handling that would be well suited for close up. Essentially it is a "propless method" that could be done completely impromptu if the right situation presented itself.

The thing I love about his thinking is that it is for the worker. No pipe dreams here or effects with a thousand questions before you get the pay off.

Overall another winner. It comes with a high recommendation from me whatever price tag is attached to this.
"ERROR: The user "Sudo Nimh" has run out of space. All users are limited to 60 total topics."

Oh no!

Mike
Even though I'd told him I already had too much on my hands, Sudo shared this with me, and I don't regret it!

Simple, effective, well structured... There isn't much I can write that hasn't already:
- extension on Max Maven's Korutsuke. Not mere icing on the cake, no, a real new layer :)
- a simple way of discovering a participant's choice (known method, perfectly in tune with the theme, simple, effective)
- and a suggestion for a method that's known and old, but cleverly adapted, and I would even say, extended.

Very nice piece of work, clever and sturdy. :applause: :applause:
[quote]On Feb 23, 2017, Alexxander wrote:
Finally an approach to kurotsuke that is not lie-detector-themed. [/quote]
!?
MAx Maven's approach isn't a lie detector one! Mine (which of course you don't know ;) ) isn't either... Derren Brown's is. Does your remark mean most performer you think of just follow D.B.?

The way I usually do Korutsuke is in a three-step curve, that routine being the first: I feel/read between two "options" (black or white), like the longs and shorts of the Morse code. From the telepgraph I go to the telephone (reading words) then to photography (DD) or to films (a scene from a book or a movie).

There are other approaches then PNL and body language ;)
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I wish I could share the reasons for why I do things this way, but the Café isn't the right place for that kind of sobering discussion.

As for my inbox, like everybody, I have a few saved messages. But here's the problem: when I send out a pdf or reply to somebody, that is still in my 'sentbox' and counts towards the limit of 60. Now if I send out a bunch of replies and then those people don't visit right away and retrieve them, my box fills up and they just sit there until they come and get them. What's worse is that the links in those replies expire automatically after a period of time. And then I get further messages saying "dude the file isn't available" from those same people I've already replied to, and then I have to do it all over again. Very frustrating.

So long story short: patience. I am on here several times a day and do my best to get to everybody as best as I can, but sometimes there's nothing I can do until people retrieve their messages so I can clear them.
I'm going to wait till it's on sale.
[quote]On Feb 24, 2017, John C wrote:
I'm going to wait till it's on sale. [/quote]

Now there is a REAL buddy.

If you're anxious, I'll upload it to the site. I very much appreciate that about you.

You know I will always kick you the odd freebie here and there too, right?. :)
For those people who want to support my work or are just anxious, it is now available on my site. I will be sending out a few more copies, but not for much longer folks.

And to those who purchase this: Thank-you for your support. It is GREATLY appreciated. Some people seem to think I make a lot of money doing this - nothing could be further from the truth....

Thanks again. :)
This is a great routine. It has several factors that I highly value. It is low-tech (I don't object to special gadgets, but I prefer routines that don't demand them). The props can be carried in your pocket (which is a great benefit, as you could actually do this in informal gatherings if you wanted to). The props are cheap to put together (again, I don't object to special props, but I only have so much cash and if I spend a lot on something, I am less likely to risk loss or damage).

Thank you, Sudo, for your generosity. I used to love free toys in the cereal and this is even better than the time I got the toy car. And neck-and-neck with the see-behind spy sunglasses (which I still have, actually - with the Post Raisin Bran logo on them!)

-Patrick
I have to say that I really like this as well. And I really think it opens up the use of Max's classic routine to be able to add all kinds of new presentation opportunities (readings) and you can actually use the fact that the person is choosing different colors to collect all kinds of different information (star sign elements among others) as a bonus of just performing the basic routine. Creative people could really put this routine to work! Glad to see Sudo is sharing his knack for simplicity with us.
Hi everyone,
I would also like to congratulate Sudo on this effect. When reading this manuscript it starts out at the basics and you follow along nodding yes, I know that, yes fine. Then when he continues you really appreciate his twist on the classics.

But it just keeps getting better and I could not help smile very widely when I finished reading. I jumped up, grabbed 5 random objects and startet to test if this really works that simple and bingo.

His last propless version is a genius idea. Congrats Sudo!

Cheers
Stefan
Kurotsuke has always fascinated me because it had a theatrical look to it and some mysterious props and there are reasons why it is a classic of magic. But it also seemed sort of boring after all was said and done.

Sudosuke takes the boring out the effect. There is a personal touch for the participant and the audience can relate to it also. And the tension builds nicely, There are no hard to find props to buy or put together.

It almost makes me want to do parlor or stage. But if you do not, there is also a clever close up routine using the same props or any other random items you can borrow off spectators that can be done with one or two participants.

Mikey likes it.
Hi guys.

Once again, thank-you for all the appreciation and I am super happy that those of you who have received this are really enjoying it.

You know, life works in mysterious ways. There is somebody here at the Café who has decided to help by financially sponsoring my efforts here at the Café so that I can continue to do as I have been doing and sharing with you all in my normal fashion. So though they remain anonamous, you also secretly have them to thank as well. :)

I will be sending out the the remaining requests I have in waiting today. If you're still interested in this piece, it is now available on my website. In other words, I am no longer taking requests for this.

But stay tuned, as I am hard at work in writing up my next release which should be ready in the next 2 or 3 days...

Thanks again for all the well-wishes and words of encouragement and support.
[quote]On Feb 24, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
[quote]On Feb 24, 2017, John C wrote:
I'm going to wait till it's on sale. [/quote]

Now there is a REAL buddy.

If you're anxious, I'll upload it to the site. I very much appreciate that about you.

You know I will always kick you the odd freebie here and there too, right?. :) [/quote]

Sure do.
[quote]On Feb 24, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Some people seem to think I make a lot of money doing this - nothing could be further from the truth....
[/quote]

You could if you wanted to. We both know that ;)
;)

Thank-you Ever - you're too kind.
Just read through the instructions. A very nice variation on the Max Maven classic. Very low tech with only a few simple props needed. The included story line fits perfectly with the props and will engage the audience until the revelation.

I like this!

Thank you Sudo
I am going to enjoy using this.
Very little effort for a stunning result that will come with creating a unique presentation. The script ideas included provide some great ideas.
With six volunteers involved this is just what I am looking for right now.
Thanks for your generosity Sudo.
I'm now waiting to buy Pendultimate.

Dale
This is simply brilliant. No exaggeration. The delayed potential abrupt ending is beautifully addressed, allowing for a graceful and logical landing. This, along with every other beat of the routine, is well thought out. I love it!

Regards,
Adam
I saw pre-release Pendultimate, and oh boy! That is one killer pendulum routine. I own most of the best books on pendulum work, and this is worth the price of them all. It is beyond simple and Is scary powerful with logical leads into other potentials. I'll save my praise for a thread though. Both great, thanks for all you do Sudo!
Thought this was brilliant even though I don't do stage or professional work; but even then some of the ideas seem adaptable.

But wait...there's more...a killer, killer anytime, anywhere bonus piece right up my alley.

Also, additional bonus idea to bonus AAA routine for repeat performances.

Gentlemen, he have a winner! Thanks so much Sudo.
For those interested, [url=http://sudosuke.blogspot.cl/]Sudosuke is available at Mentalism Center.[/url]

[img]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QwGJOdQAFtc/WLXmo1qR20I/AAAAAAAAA1o/iz8YwNaZbQE2gbS68nwhKyX8RCKMM5-DwCLcB/s320/Sudosuke.png[/img]

Excellent thinking for a classic in Mentalism. Sudo´s approach will make you think again and even if you are not a stage performer you can get value of this release. You can see his suble work that only comes from real performance.
As usual, this is fantastic work from Sudo. I love how this adds a layer of disconnect, while added a lovely premise. Genius!
This is a terrific routine. As others have mentioned, it is a cleaner version of kurotsuke. There is certainly an element of disconnect to it. For those that didn't get a copy, the price is worth it. Thanks again, Sudo, for your generosity!
This is really good. If you don't have it yet, get it. You will definitely going to enjoy it, and most of all, perform it.

Mike
This sounds very nice. Still pretty busy at the moment but this is definitely on my list.

Mark
This is really good. It's is much cleaner. Can be done with all ordinary props.

Simple Routine:
Have 5 colored balls. With your back turned, have a spectator choose a color in his mind and write it down and keep it in his pocket.
Then have five spectators each take a colored ball from the bag. Then you can reveal where the thought-of ball is.
The good part is that even when you open the hadn with the correct ball, no one, except the spectator who chose the color, knows that it is correct. So the routine won't suddenly end.

I recommend combining this with some ideas from Luke Jermay's Premise and Premonition.
Thought I'd posted my review already, but I'm not seeing it here. Even though I've seen kurotsuke get great reactions, it just never appealed to me. This, however, I am enjoying very much. Not only does the routine allow a bit of room for a small reading, which I'm trying to do more of, but the propless idea is really great. As I was reading it I felt like the propless portion wouldn't work like I'd like it to, then Sudo addressed exactly what I was concerned with and had an excellent solution. Thank you very much for the review copy, would have been thoroughly happy had this been a purchase.
I just finished reading the PDF and it's GREAT. I know I'll be using this effect. It's a very powerful effect and whether you do Close Up or Stage, it will kill your audience (in a harmless way).

I agree with signal2noise about "the Propless / Bonus part". The original effect is not hard to back track if performed twice in front of an audience, but Sudo's improvements have taken it to a whole new level. I love the effects that can be repeated... and I am glad that this one can be as well.

Whether you perform on Stage or for Family Members, Sudosuke will certainly be a powerful addition to your repertoire. No question about it.

It's time to read Sudo's next creation.