(Close Window)
Topic: Review Requested - Emotion Box by Hakan Varol
I know Derren Brown used this in Infamous but I'm wondering if anyone on here has purchased it? Bit of a pricier investment for me and I'd like more information on others' experiences with the works.

I'm not 100% sure this is where this post should go so Mods please do move it to the correct location if this isn't right.
I can't offer a review, but I believe Luca Volpe used this in his 'In My Mind' act as well.
Thanks for the lead.
Keith Barry performing his version of this a couple of days ago on the Late Late Show:

http://www.rte.ie/player/ca/show/the-late-late-show-extras-30003017/10698221/
Hey guys,

I know this thread started a while ago but I couldn't find anything else.
I saw Dan White perform this which was very entertaining.
Does anyone have any more information / reviews on this ?

I love the concept but it is rather expensive to buy without much information. I was also wondering if Derrens performance during the 2nd half of Infamous (where the audience / spectator can see nothing is inside but the spectator is feeling the toy plane) is a specific version of the product ?

Thanks
Wow... but can't be done without an assistant... or CAN it? Bwahaahahahah!
'
[quote]On Jul 7, 2018, Sethekk wrote:
Hey guys,

I know this thread started a while ago but I couldn't find anything else.
I saw Dan White perform this which was very entertaining.
Does anyone have any more information / reviews on this ?

I love the concept but it is rather expensive to buy without much information. I was also wondering if Derrens performance during the 2nd half of Infamous (where the audience / spectator can see nothing is inside but the spectator is feeling the toy plane) is a specific version of the product ?

Thanks [/quote]

I own this and I highly recommend. It remains a kind of underground product and I prefer it that way..

If you go to Blackpool, the creator always has a booth there and can demo the workings. It is a hand crafted box, and to answer your question above - no there is no specific version, one can use almost any small item that fits within the box to change from what soectator "feels" (A) to what is actually in the box (B). The A item just needs to be somewhat small - so you are always going from something small, to something big. The creator speaks zero English, and very few dealers carry it.

I love mine. Not cheap, but a cool effect with many applications. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E82xSJowCaI
Thanks for the reply. Defiantly puts more confidence in me potentially purchasing ! Underground stuff is always the best 😉
Really love this effect, with a great presentation I'm sure it will blow people away.

My brother lives in Lancaster which isn't far from Blackpool, might be worth the trip to see it live 😊

Thanks
[quote]On Jul 8, 2018, stempleton wrote:
' [/quote]

NO assistants needed
[quote]On Jul 10, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Jul 8, 2018, stempleton wrote:
' [/quote]

NO assistants needed [/quote]

I was referring to the climax of this presentation. If your statement holds true, I'll buy 5!
https://youtu.be/jxcZngFXwuk
Ya Iíve seen that presentation before. You are incorrect. No assistant was used for the yarn kicker. Maybe you should watch a few times slowly and think about how this could work.

But assistant is not it. :-) You might need to buy 5.

Call the DR in the morning.
Emotion Box! Fooled P&T https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C5tY0VLDPM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1DwvKPWI1g_THUkLjHiGtcjPPNtQtegjjXaM_cQBSEVHzEjmYQHj1PNxA

Ordered! After hounding a few friends that have it and have it one hell of a rave review I ordered. The creator has been very informative and helpful though the ordering process. Canít wait to work with it.
[quote]On Jul 4, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:
Emotion Box! Fooled P&T https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C5tY0VLDPM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1DwvKPWI1g_THUkLjHiGtcjPPNtQtegjjXaM_cQBSEVHzEjmYQHj1PNxA

Ordered! After hounding a few friends that have it and have it one hell of a rave review I ordered. The creator has been very informative and helpful though the ordering process. Canít wait to work with it. [/quote]
Saw that myself and loved the performance, but a bad camera angle showed some "dangling." With that kind of angle problem I was a bit put off, but if your experience proves otherwise please let me know!
[quote]On Jul 4, 2019, stempleton wrote:
[quote]On Jul 4, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:

Ordered! After hounding a few friends that have it and have it one hell of a rave review I ordered. The creator has been very informative and helpful though the ordering process. Canít wait to work with it. [/quote]
Saw that myself and loved the performance, but a bad camera angle showed some "dangling." With that kind of angle problem I was a bit put off, but if your experience proves otherwise please let me know! [/quote]

This was a 10 out of 10 performance by the Harry K - creator of the effect. Yes there was a teeny flash at one point, but there was nothing really to see and most won't see it.

The Cactus thing (which is fabulous as it cancels the methods) is also his signature and not part of the effect if you buy it.

Overall a killer performance. Nothing to be put off by as whatever he was doing (quite well I may add) is not a part of the effect. It's his.
It's fantastic. Been using it over a year now and it has been wonderful
[quote]On Jul 4, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
The Cactus thing (which is fabulous as it cancels the methods) is also his signature and not part of the effect if you buy it.
[/quote]

"Not part of the effect"? Practically, when I have a cactus like that I can use it in the routine, no?

Thank you for clarification. I love this effect and am very interested.

Andreas
[quote]On Jul 17, 2019, dancecoach wrote:
[quote]On Jul 4, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
[/quote]

"Not part of the effect"? Practically, when I have a cactus like that I can use it in the routine, no?

Thank you for clarification. I love this effect and am very interested.

Andreas [/quote]

Well, you mean you can go rip off the guy's presentation...then yeah...

Just cos you have the money to buy it doesn't mean you get to take other people's creativity for free...

It's thinking like that, "oh I'll just do it cos he does" makes me wanna puke...
Today I got this in.. wow!!
Itís brilliant.
I've had this on my buy list for months. Finally went to order it and it's sold out. Crappers!
[quote]On Jul 18, 2019, IAIN wrote:

It's thinking like that, "oh I'll just do it cos he does" makes me wanna puke... [/quote]

Relax... why are you so aggressive?
I'm quite staggered tbh that it is claimed that the emotion box was invented by harry k and co..
Boretti had a box called the sensor box...and one of his boxes was purchased by two individuals ahem...They made a few improvements. Granted and boretti was happy with that..But to pretend that you actually created the item is very lamentable.
Boretti never claimed to invent it either and he did credit the original creator. But boretti took the box and pretty much made the effect it is today..Google boretti sensor box or feeling box.Strangely enough the first effect that is included with it is sponge to stone. Sound familiar?? and you can buy it for around 150 dollars.If I wanted one I'd buy straight from boretti..the improvements made are not worthy of the price tag of the Emotion box.
Thanks for that info. I googled it and watched the video.
I wouldnít in a million years use a box like that. Ever. It screams magic trick. Magic box.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoVhDnqRmc
The video is bad...doesnt do it justice at all..and what would it take to paint it black...the actual mechanics are the same to a degree..very slight change in one aspect..though how it fooled penn and teller is beyond me..as this has been on the market decades
It looks like Boretti has a deluxe version that moves the hole to the top and you can slide your hand through while the box is open. It doesn't show any pictures of completely removing the slide from the box so the method may differ from the Emotion Box slightly.

[url]https://boretti-shop.info/Gefuehlsbox-Deluxe-Sensor-box-ORIGINAL-Boretti[/url]
I have the original Boretti box if anyone wants one. My Emotion Box arrives tomorrow or Saturday. Canít wait
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
I have the original Boretti box if anyone wants one. My Emotion Box arrives tomorrow or Saturday. Canít wait [/quote]

Would be terrific if you wrote a comparison here in this thread.

Do you have the Boretti Box offered through Boretti himself (which seems to be referred to as the Boretti Deluxe Box) or the "regular"/smaller one?
[quote]On Sep 12, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
I have the original Boretti box if anyone wants one. My Emotion Box arrives tomorrow or Saturday. Canít wait [/quote]

I PMed you earlier today on this ... I am interested.
My Emotion Box arrived. The shipping box was pretty mangled and the dvd apparently fell out along its journey so I had no instructions initially. I sat with it and tried to see if I could figure it out without instructions. I couldn't. Had no clue. I honestly think you could let spectators examine the box and they would never find anything. Luckily Hakan's customer service has been top notch and he emailed me the instructions. While by no means high tech, the box is a thing of beauty. Very well built. I didn't get the new version that breaks down for transport. Didn't feel that feature was worth an additional $250. I did order a bunch of accessories though: toothbrush to toilet brush; wallet to high heeled shoe; bottle opener to beer glass. It also comes standard with sponge to rock and teaspoon to ladle. The ultimate reveal item is not gimmicked. The starting item that they feel is gimmicked but the gimmick is very basic. You can pretty much gimmick up any small item very easily and cheaply so there is no real need to order any of the accessories. In fact, I'll probably remake a few of them so the quality/feel is better. The mechanics are very easy. You do have to do one move but it's well covered and very basic. The only bad angle is obviously from behind.

I also have the original Boretti box and some folks have asked for a comparison. The obvious differences are in looks and price. Boretti is significantly cheaper than Emotion but it also looks much more like a magic prop (from the 40's) than Emotion. The methods are somewhat similar but also different. The slide on Boretti can't ever be removed or even raised completely and that is a big drawback in terms of deceptiveness. The box also cannot stand up to any level of inspection by the spectators. The ultimate end effect, however, is essentially the same. So it's basically the old Ford vs. Ferrari argument. Both get the job done. Just depends on whether you are willing to pay extra for significantly more deceptiveness and a much better look. To me, Emotion is worth the extra money. It's one of the most creative/unusual effects I've seen in 30+ years in the business and it's something I gaurantee your audience has never seen before. I can't wait to add it to my show.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
I also have the original Boretti box and some folks have asked for a comparison. The obvious differences are in looks and price. Boretti is significantly cheaper than Emotion but it also looks much more like a magic prop (from the 40's) than Emotion. The methods are somewhat similar but also different. The slide on Boretti can't ever be removed or even raised completely and that is a big drawback in terms of deceptiveness. The box also cannot stand up to any level of inspection by the spectators. The ultimate end effect, however, is essentially the same. So it's basically the old Ford vs. Ferrari argument. Both get the job done. Just depends on whether you are willing to pay extra for significantly more deceptiveness and a much better look. To me, Emotion is worth the extra money. It's one of the most creative/unusual effects I've seen in 30+ years in the business and it's something I gaurantee your audience has never seen before. I can't wait to add it to my show. [/quote]

Many thanks for your in-depth and detailed comparison between these boxes. I was afraid that the performer cannot completely remove the slide on the front of the original Boretti box. This is indeed for me too a big drawback and thus I'd say I'm gonna save big bucks and go for Hakan's Emotion Box. Thanks for saving me from spending too much money, because otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd have purchased the Emotion Box after toying around with the original box by Boretti.

Have a great time with your Emotion Box, and good news that Hakan's after-sales service appears to be outstanding.
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Dec 10, 2019 05:24PM)
I have found the Sensor box by supplier in the usa. Seems the same as the ones sold in europe looks the same does the same. The box is painted with design on slide, yes it looks like a magic trick but that is what it is. Price is 169.99 with free ship much cheaper than europe. May just give it a try. Anyone got this recently?
[quote]On Dec 11, 2019, Gerald Blankenship wrote:
I have found the Sensor box by supplier in the usa. Seems the same as the ones sold in europe looks the same does the same. The box is painted with design on slide, yes it looks like a magic trick but that is what it is. Price is 169.99 with free ship much cheaper than europe. May just give it a try. Anyone got this recently? [/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's the box Boretti, a German magician, designed and created. Hakan's Emotion Box is completely blank and features many improvements in direct comparison with Boretti's Sensor Box, which indeed is sold less expensive.

Hope this helps.
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Dec 11, 2019 11:31AM)
Thank you Michael. I have looked at emotion box by Varol and it is quite spendy really out of my range right now. I don't travel anymore and am retired from performing (83 years old) do a few private parlor routines every now and then so I think the sensor box will be ok for me right now. I also collect unusual and vintage effects so I will add it to the collection and use it when needed. I appreciate your input.
[quote]On Dec 11, 2019, Gerald Blankenship wrote:
Thank you Michael. I have looked at emotion box by Varol and it is quite spendy really out of my range right now. I don't travel anymore and am retired from performing (83 years old) do a few private parlor routines every now and then so I think the sensor box will be ok for me right now. I also collect unusual and vintage effects so I will add it to the collection and use it when needed. I appreciate your input. [/quote]

There's absolutely nothing wrong about Boretti's Sensor Box. Have fun performing with it. You're going to entertain your spectators just like so many spectators who've seen the Sensor Box before.

All the best
Michael
But you cannot remove the door from the box completly from the sensor box, correct?
[quote]On Dec 11, 2019, stempleton wrote:
But you cannot remove the door from the box completly from the sensor box, correct? [/quote]

Correct. While you're able to remove the sliding door of Hakan's Emotion Box you cannot as far as Boretti's Sensor Box is concerned. That's one of the improvements Hakan was able to accomplish with his version of this effect.
The open design of the Emotion box also allows you to show it freely from all sides and behind before and between each phase. With Boretti, you can only show the box from behind while you are holding the sliding door in the up position.
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Dec 13, 2019 10:09AM)
Have looked again for emotion box and they don't seem to be available anywhere in europe or here. Any ideas?
There you go: http://shop.hakan-varol.de/

All the best
Michael
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Dec 13, 2019 08:18PM)
THANKS Micheal
Checked that site and listed not available. I think they have to be special ordered.
Yep, just contact Hakan :)
I have one pretty much brand new sale. Pack down version. Pm me if interested
Still available

Email me

Mymagicforsale@gmail.com
My friend bought it and it is worth every penny. I love it.

Mike
I owned and used the Hakan Varol emotion box and I really liked it and used it often to great success and reactions. Decided to sell it, because Boretti just (January 2020) came up with a changed version of the original effect/original box. Check out his website. I like it better for a few reasons, but why I would rather discuss with owners only, rather than in the open forum. I can certainly recommend the Varol version, but I`d rather recommend the (much cheaper) Boretti version...
[quote]On Jan 25, 2020, GetMental64 wrote:
I owned and used the Hakan Varol emotion box and I really liked it and used it often to great success and reactions. Decided to sell it, because Boretti just (January 2020) came up with a changed version of the original effect/original box. Check out his website. I like it better for a few reasons, but why I would rather discuss with owners only, rather than in the open forum. I can certainly recommend the Varol version, but I`d rather recommend the (much cheaper) Boretti version... [/quote]

Can you share the website? Sorry, I found and translated, but it says "original" under "Emotion Box." Can you give me link to the product site? Edit: I've tried to go through the order process, but can't navigate to see any USA shipping price/info.
[quote]On Jan 25, 2020, stempleton wrote:
I owned and used the Hakan Varol emotion box and I really liked it and used it often to great success and reactions. Decided to sell it, because Boretti just (January 2020) came up with a changed version of the original effect/original box. Check out his website. I like it better for a few reasons, but why I would rather discuss with owners only, rather than in the open forum. I can certainly recommend the Varol version, but I`d rather recommend the (much cheaper) Boretti version... [/quote]

Can you share the website? Sorry, I found and translated, but it says "original" under "Emotion Box." Can you give me link to the product site? Edit: I've tried to go through the order process, but can't navigate to see any USA shipping price/info. [/quote]
https://boretti-shop.info/Gefuehlsbox-Deluxe-Das-ORIGINAL-von-Boretti

Hello,

Is it possible to remove the front of the box? In the video, it seems that you can't remove it.
Looks a little better than first version but still ugly. Method looks different in that you can apparently stick your hand through the top, but still looks like you canít remove the front panel.
You cannot remove the front panel on either edition. The newer version has a major improvement over the original in regard to what can be produced. Compare the savings difference between either of these and the Emotion Box. If I hadn't already bought the original box I would buy the new one. You can see the video on the link I posted above.
As Terry already said, you cannot remove the front panel, which is a pitty, but not a deal breaker for me. I have worked the Varol version for a couple of years now and now I have sucessfully started using the new Boretti version. Yes, you can have the specator stick her hand from the top down and touch the first object like in the Varol version, to understand what she has to do throughout the routine. You can also casually show the box from the back, not a problem. To me it has a few advantages as to its interior workings over the Varol version. I do not want to get into details, so as not to give away the secrets, but let`s say that what the specator feels makes more sense in this version, is to be found at a place where she expects it to be found, can actually really take the whole object into her hand and really holds/feels that it is a "whole" object. She also might not feel some weird other "things". Nuff said. If you own one of either the two versions, happy to chat with you privately...
[quote]On Feb 3, 2020, GetMental64 wrote:
As Terry already said, you cannot remove the front panel, which is a pitty, but not a deal breaker for me. I have worked the Varol version for a couple of years now and now I have sucessfully started using the new Boretti version. Yes, you can have the specator stick her hand from the top down and touch the first object like in the Varol version, to understand what she has to do throughout the routine. You can also casually show the box from the back, not a problem. To me it has a few advantages as to its interior workings over the Varol version. I do not want to get into details, so as not to give away the secrets, but let`s say that what the specator feels makes more sense in this version, is to be found at a place where she expects it to be found, can actually really take the whole object into her hand and really holds/feels that it is a "whole" object. She also might not feel some weird other "things". Nuff said. If you own one of either the two versions, happy to chat with you privately... [/quote]

But it looks like a magic prop......This is the main advantage of the Varol version. It doesn't look like a prop and there is no explanation as to how it could be done. Also, the newest version allows it to pack flat which is a big plus.
[quote]On Feb 4, 2020, elimagic wrote:
As Terry already said, you cannot remove the front panel, which is a pitty, but not a deal breaker for me. I have worked the Varol version for a couple of years now and now I have sucessfully started using the new Boretti version. Yes, you can have the specator stick her hand from the top down and touch the first object like in the Varol version, to understand what she has to do throughout the routine. You can also casually show the box from the back, not a problem. To me it has a few advantages as to its interior workings over the Varol version. I do not want to get into details, so as not to give away the secrets, but let`s say that what the specator feels makes more sense in this version, is to be found at a place where she expects it to be found, can actually really take the whole object into her hand and really holds/feels that it is a "whole" object. She also might not feel some weird other "things". Nuff said. If you own one of either the two versions, happy to chat with you privately... [/quote]

But it looks like a magic prop......This is the main advantage of the Varol version. It doesn't look like a prop and there is no explanation as to how it could be done. Also, the newest version allows it to pack flat which is a big plus. [/quote]

Boretti new version: $319 US Dollars
Varol version: $1760 US Dollars
[quote]On Feb 6, 2020, Terry Holley wrote:

But it looks like a magic prop......This is the main advantage of the Varol version. It doesn't look like a prop and there is no explanation as to how it could be done. Also, the newest version allows it to pack flat which is a big plus. [/quote]

Varol version: $1760 US Dollars [/quote]

And youíre point? Quality is expensive. However in this case not only is it if better quality, but the design, the way the varol versions looks and functions greatly adds to the deceptiveness of the prop.

Let me paint it another way. A piece of carbon paper is a few dollars. An electronic IMP pad is 1000+ depending on which maker you choose..... both allow the same thing but the advantages of the later make the price difference worth it.

Or a non electronic example. A cheap set of multiplying bottles is $200 ish dollars where as the top of the line hanada extreme bottles are 1500. Same effect but the higher quality materials and higher quality design directly impact the level of deceptiveness.

Of course the varol version is more expensive, itís a far superior prop that as someone who gets paid to perform, is well worth the difference in cost. For others where that is not the case, then the cheaper version may be the go.
Message: Posted by: Gerald Blankenship (Feb 10, 2020 04:47PM)
Yes Boretti's sensory box looks like a magic trick but that's exactly what it is. No the slide cannot be removed like the emotion box but you can still show the box all sides with the slide open. The rest is presentation which all effects depend on how you present it. I own the side entrance model and admit the top entrance is better and the side entrance box will not hold larger items like the emotion box. How ever the cost is too much for the hobby performer but I would buy the Varol version if I could afford it. I can understand the full time performer wanting the Varol version due to the more deceptive qualities and that it can hold larger loads and that it can be broken down to pack flat at extra cost of course. All in all they both do the same thing and I have never had a problem with anyone about how the box looks or what it does. The folks that I have presented it to really get a kick out of it and go away wondering what just happened. Folks don't like to be fooled but they do like to be amazed and either box will do just that. I own the older Boretti version and am delighted with it.
[quote]On Feb 10, 2020, elimagic wrote:
[quote]On Feb 6, 2020, Terry Holley wrote:

Varol version: $1760 US Dollars [/quote]

And youíre point? Quality is expensive. However in this case not only is it if better quality, but the design, the way the varol versions looks and functions greatly adds to the deceptiveness of the prop.

Let me paint it another way. A piece of carbon paper is a few dollars. An electronic IMP pad is 1000+ depending on which maker you choose..... both allow the same thing but the advantages of the later make the price difference worth it.

Or a non electronic example. A cheap set of multiplying bottles is $200 ish dollars where as the top of the line hanada extreme bottles are 1500. Same effect but the higher quality materials and higher quality design directly impact the level of deceptiveness.

Of course the varol version is more expensive, itís a far superior prop that as someone who gets paid to perform, is well worth the difference in cost. For others where that is not the case, then the cheaper version may be the go. [/quote]
The cheaper version is fine for me.

Carbon paper works for me and it has for 40 years! And I don't have to worry about electronics or batteries going bad at the wrong time. Not saying electronics are bad, only that they may not be sure-fire (I've heard several stories). There's obviously room for carbon paper (or non-technological methods) and electronics.

I have read various discussions about the multiplying bottles where magicians state that the effect doesn't fool anyone no matter the cost of the bottles. It's all about the presentation and whether or not the audience is entertained.

I perform the original Boretti version with the sliding cover and the hole in the side. Works for me, although there is one modification to the new Boretti version that I think may be worth the extra money.

And with a little creativity you can weave a story around the box (and do some cosmetic work) as I have that moves it away from the "magic box" genre. Turning it around shows the box is empty.

I can't prove this, but I don't think any spectator has ever wondered, "Why does the cover slide?" It's simply how the box is made.

As far as deceptiveness goes, the first time I saw the Varol box I noticed that the spectator didn't have to reach down very far to touch the article. I think the side hole may be more deceptive.

And as I stated earlier, I believe it's all about presentation.

Just my 2 cents.

Do you own the Varol version? Good for you if you do.
If it works for you that is all that matters and it is all about presentation, however, I like that I don't have to justify the box, it justifies itself because of how innately innocent it is. To each there own is fine. My issue was that your response initially was to simply post the prices of the two, seeming to imply that the cheaper version was better because it did the same thing at a cheaper cost where my entire point is that on a high level, yes, they do the same thing but the deceptiveness and way they do that thing make the price difference very much justified. I've got the one that reaks down and I've even assembled it during the show before where I think adds to the deceptiveness as well. It's like floating tables, yes, you can by a 300 dollar knock off or you can buy a losander. They both float, and essentially use the same gimmick and method to do so however Losander's tables, (besides the fact that he created it) for most of his models, actually look like wood tables where as the knock offs always look like a crappy magic prop. (I realize that isn't a perfect comparison to what we are talking about here but it's just to motivate a point).

Glad the cheaper one works for you. I would prefer everyone else in the world use that one and I will stick with my varol version :)
[quote]On Feb 11, 2020, elimagic wrote:
They both float, and essentially use the same gimmick and method to do so however Losander's tables, (besides the fact that he created it) for most of his models, actually look like wood tables where as the knock offs always look like a crappy magic prop. (I realize that isn't a perfect comparison to what we are talking about here but it's just to motivate a point).

[/quote]
Again, Losander did not invent the floating table. As for the current topic, I ordered from Boretti but my paypal fiancing option is not available at the moment. Also, the 7-10 day shipping option to the US is half the cost of the product
I don't really have much to add. I own both boxes but will only ever use the Emotion Box. For me, the appearance of props matters but, more importantly, I like that I can literally hand the emotion box to someone and let them handle it all they want. They will never find anything. Because of its totally plain appearance, even when I hand it to people they generally don't even want to look at it. At most they give is a polite 5 second scan because the design makes it look impossible that it could be gimmicked. In fact, when I got mine, the dvd was not included. So I had no idea how it worked. I tried to figure it out for 15 minutes by playing with the box and still had no clue. So for me, that total freedom is worth the extra cost.
Here is another model in the US at a very low price. No vid demo that I can find.
https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/product_detail.cfm?item=61955
I emailed Paul Gross at Hocus Pocus this morning. Paul confirms that the Hocus Pocus Touch & Tell Sensor Box has the feature to allow the hand to be placed all the way through to the bottom of the box (with the front panel lifted) as shown for the newer Boretti Sensor Box version.

Mark
This new one was not made with Borettiís permission. Should it have been?
The Hocus Pocus model is no longer on their site. I still have the link from the email and it goes to a blank page.

The description originally said it was a limited item and when they are gone they are gone, no more would be made.

I ordered one on the first day, Paul said it would ship on Monday. Iíll post photos and thoughts when I receive it. This is what it looks like (from the email):

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-77MwtCF/0/b447eb4c/L/i-77MwtCF-L.jpg[/img]

Mark
I had sent them a request for demo vid, and they passed it on to the manufacturer. Perhaps the inventor raised some noise about a possibly unauthorized release. If it indeed sold out that quickly I have a feeling this "limited" run will return.
The earlier link to Harry Keatonís performance on Fool Us no longer works. This one works, the Emotion Box:

https://youtu.be/hO2HGRJCWRw

Mark
Hey, Mark. Since each of these versions have varying pluses and minuses I was interested in a demo of this latest HP version. I've seen the others.
I plan to take photos of the HP Sensor Box and share them here. It will be awhile before I can perform it for anyone except my wife.

Mark
Seems to me the new version at Hocus Pocus is a knock off. Why not order original from Boretti? Hereís the link along with a video.

https://boretti-shop.info/Gefuehlsbox-Deluxe-Das-ORIGINAL-von-Boretti
[quote]On Apr 4, 2020, Terry Holley wrote:
Seems to me the new version at Hocus Pocus is a knock off. Why not order original from Boretti? Hereís the link along with a video.

https://boretti-shop.info/Gefuehlsbox-Deluxe-Das-ORIGINAL-von-Boretti [/quote]

I considered it but, frankly, I think Boretti's designs (both of them) are downright unattractive. I'd go as far as saying his latest design is downright ugly.

Yes, his latest design looks a bit less like a magician's prop compared to his first design. But I think the Hocus Pocus model is actually attractive and the graphics make sense.

I may eventually sell the Hocus Pocus model and get the Keaton/Varol model. But, as a hobbyist magician, it's difficult to justify the price.

Mark
I agree with the price issue, thatís why I have the original Boretti version. I canít agree that this new yellow and black version with its graphics looks less like a magic trick than the original red and black version with its graphics.
I agree with the price issue, thatís why I have the original Boretti version. I canít agree that this new yellow and black version with its graphics looks less like a magic trick than the original red and black version with its graphics. [/quote]

I didn't say the the Hocus Pocus version looks less like a magic trick, I said I find the Hocus Pocus version to actually be attractive to the eye.

Let's face it, the version that looks the LEAST like a magic prop is the Keaton/Varol version. It looks like a stacking cube you buy at a closet organizer store to hold shoes. It is incredibly simple in appearance and, thus, more deceptive.

Both of Boretti's versions AND the Hocus Pocus model look like magic props. I just happen to feel that the Hocus Pocus version is the more attractive of those three.

Mark
[quote]On Apr 4, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
I agree with the price issue, thatís why I have the original Boretti version. I canít agree that this new yellow and black version with its graphics looks less like a magic trick than the original red and black version with its graphics. [/quote]

I didn't say the the Hocus Pocus version looks less like a magic trick, I said I find the Hocus Pocus version to actually be attractive to the eye.

Let's face it, the version that looks the LEAST like a magic prop is the Keaton/Varol version. It looks like a stacking cube you buy at a closet organizer store to hold shoes. It is incredibly simple in appearance and, thus, more deceptive.

Both of Boretti's versions AND the Hocus Pocus model look like magic props. I just happen to feel that the Hocus Pocus version is the more attractive of those three.

Mark [/quote]
Iím not here to argue. Youíre right, you didnít say ďmagic trick,Ē but you did state, ďhis latest design looks a bit less like a magician's prop compared to his first design.Ē

So I equated ďmagicianís propĒ with ďmagic trick.Ē Maybe Iím incorrect, but it seemed correct when I read your statement.

Bottom line with my posting is that the Hocus Pocus version is a knock off made without Borettiís permission. If they decide to continue marketing knowing that, and people continue buying, that is something they will have to live with.

Bottom line with my posting is that the Hocus Pocus version is a knock off made without Borettiís permission. If they decide to continue marketing knowing that, and people continue buying, that is something they will have to live with. [/quote]

There were apparently a limited number of the Hocus Pocus versions available. It has ALREADY been removed from Hocus Pocus's site. Presumably because they sold them all. How many is "all"? Who knows? 5, 10, 25, 50?

If Boretti's current version wasn't so unattractive to the eye, I *would* have bought it instead of the Hocus Pocus version. I knew nothing about this effect until Hocus Pocus sent out their email and that's when my research began. I really wanted to like the Boretti model but it's just too darn unattractive. It would be far better if he had just made a plain wooden box with a light stain and varnish.

Mark

Bottom line with my posting is that the Hocus Pocus version is a knock off made without Borettiís permission. If they decide to continue marketing knowing that, and people continue buying, that is something they will have to live with. [/quote]

There were apparently a limited number of the Hocus Pocus versions available. It has ALREADY been removed from Hocus Pocus's site. Presumably because they sold them all. How many is "all"? Who knows? 5, 10, 25, 50?

If Boretti's current version wasn't so unattractive to the eye, I *would* have bought it instead of the Hocus Pocus version. I knew nothing about this effect until Hocus Pocus sent out their email and that's when my research began. I really wanted to like the Boretti model but it's just too darn unattractive. It would be far better if he had just made a plain wooden box with a light stain and varnish.

Mark [/quote]
I donít know, but maybe he would have made one up like that for you.

I think the reason itís no longer for sale is because Hocus Pocus felt it wise to stop selling a knock off. This is conjecture on my part but it sounds feasible.

Mark [/quote]
I donít know, but maybe he would have made one up like that for you.

I think the reason itís no longer for sale is because Hocus Pocus felt it wise to stop selling a knock off. This is conjecture on my part but it sounds feasible. [/quote]

I am of the same mind.
More feasible is that Hocus Pocus simply sold out on the limited number of them that they had made. When it was still on their website it very clearly stated that it was a LIMITED edition item and that, once they were sold, there wouldn't be any more.

Mark
More feasible is that Hocus Pocus simply sold out on the limited number of them that they had made. When it was still on their website it very clearly stated that it was a LIMITED edition item and that, once they were sold, there wouldn't be any more.

Mark [/quote]
I found this example of ďlimited editionĒ online:

Editions saint hippolyte, limited edition of 750 copies.

:lol:
Hocus Pocus shipped the Sensor Box I ordered. It will be here sometime this week.

Hocus Pocus has a few more available for preorder. [url=https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/index.cfm?p=61955]Their site states[/url]:

Our 1st batch has completely SOLD OUT!

We have a VERY small batch arriving by the 17th of April, you can now preorder from this batch.

Once sold, this will NEVER be made again!

Mark
[quote]On Apr 1, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
I emailed Paul Gross at Hocus Pocus this morning. Paul confirms that the Hocus Pocus Touch & Tell Sensor Box has the feature to allow the hand to be placed all the way through to the bottom of the box (with the front panel lifted) as shown for the newer Boretti Sensor Box version.

Mark [/quote]

My Hocus Pocus Touch & Tell Sensor Box arrived today. Its construction is a bit on the lightweight side, but it's not flimsy (just thin). It looks quite nice.

Unfortunately, it does NOT have the feature to allow the magician to place his hand down through the top opening when the front panel is raised (hand-through proof that box is empty). That is a feature of the newer Boretti box and I asked Paul at Hocus Pocus their box had that feature BEFORE I placed the order. I included a photo of the feature (on the Boretti box) in my email to Paul. Paul responded that their box did have that feature. Very disappointingly, that is not the case. You cannot do this with the Hocus Pocus Touch & Tell Sensor Box:

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-pG7wZBD/0/4ff219d5/L/i-pG7wZBD-L.jpg[/img]

I've requested a return and refund.

Mark
Snap...I knew I should have waited, but I did preorder from the next batch.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
[quote]On Apr 1, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark [/quote]

My Hocus Pocus Touch & Tell Sensor Box arrived today. Its construction is a bit on the lightweight side, but it's not flimsy (just thin). It looks quite nice.

Unfortunately, it does NOT have the feature to allow the magician to place his hand down through the top opening when the front panel is raised (hand-through proof that box is empty). That is a feature of the newer Boretti box and I asked Paul at Hocus Pocus their box had that feature BEFORE I placed the order. I included a photo of the feature (on the Boretti box) in my email to Paul. Paul responded that their box did have that feature. Very disappointingly, that is not the case. You cannot do this with the Hocus Pocus Touch & Tell Sensor Box:

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-pG7wZBD/0/4ff219d5/L/i-pG7wZBD-L.jpg[/img]

I've requested a return and refund.

Mark [/quote]
Iím not surprised! Please keep us posted.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2020, stempleton wrote:
Snap...I knew I should have waited, but I did preorder from the next batch. [/quote]
Hmmmm.... Are you the Steve Templeton who is quoted on Borettiís webpage?
I don't know, but I do have an order pending from him.
Hocus Pocus has agreed to pay for the return shipping of my Touch & Tell Sensor Box and they are also providing a full refund. They have apologized profusely for the misunderstanding about what I was asking them. They also gave me a free video download for an effect in their The Vault series.

I'm disappointed that the HP Sensor Box didn't turn out to be what I was expecting, but I'm very happy with Hocus Pocus's response to the problem.

Now I'm debating if I should order the Keaton/Vorol version or not. The Boretti model is just too darn unattractive to my eyes.

Mark
I agree with you totally Mark. I wish the Boretti version was just a plain box, no decorations at all, if it was, I'd order straight away. Apart from the fact you can take the front cover off the Vorol version, the plainness of the box just sells it.
[quote]On Apr 9, 2020, takeachance wrote:
I agree with you totally Mark. I wish the Boretti version was just a plain box, no decorations at all, if it was, I'd order straight away. Apart from the fact you can take the front cover off the Vorol version, the plainness of the box just sells it. [/quote]
Ask Boretti if he can make you a plain one.
FYI: HP's version is made by Joe Eddie Fairchild.
[quote]On Apr 9, 2020, Terry Holley wrote:
Ask Boretti if he can make you a plain one. [/quote]

Done.

Done. [/quote]
Please let us know what you find out. Thank you.

Terry
[quote]On Apr 9, 2020, stempleton wrote:
FYI: HP's version is made by Joe Eddie Fairchild. [/quote]

Yes, the instruction sheet that came with the Hocus Pocus Sensor Box had Copyright 2020 by Fairchild Magic and Hocus Pocus at the bottom of the page.

Mark

Done. [/quote]

Yes, please let us know what Boretti says.

Mark
No problem guys I certainly will.
OK, got a reply this morning

"be able to offer a white box in a week.
I will then have a separate offer for white and antique looking boxes."

Erich at Boretti magic is a real gentleman to deal with and responds to customers needs and requests. I'll be ordering as soon as he has them on his site.
[quote]On Apr 10, 2020, takeachance wrote:

Erich at Boretti magic is a real gentleman to deal with and responds to customers needs and requests. I'll be ordering as soon as he has them on his site. [/quote]
Yes he is and does. And that's why I stated you should ask him!
Thanks Terry
Thanks Terry [/quote]
You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Erich at Boretti magic is a real gentleman to deal with and responds to customers needs and requests. I'll be ordering as soon as he has them on his site. [/quote]

Thank you. I hope he also means the box will be ordinary in appearance (no upholstery tacks up the sides, etc.).

Mark
I ordered and received the Hocus Pocus Box. I, like Magic Mark, do not like that it does not have the addition of putting the hand through the top and touch the bottom as in the improved Boretti Box. Unlike Magic Mark, I did not ask anyone at Hocus Pocus prior to ordering this. I ordered the improved Boretti Box early this morning and will now sell my new and unused Sensor Box from Hocus Pocus.

To those who purchased and perform with the Varol Emotion Box: that is one great prop that lends itself to many good presentations. I love that it looks simple and, therefore, looks innocent. For now, I will be waiting for the Boretti Box and work out a routine. I live in NYC so I, like many other big cities, will be confined to be home for the next several weeks or for a couple of more months so plenty of time to work on this.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Kind regards,

Jimmy
[quote]On Apr 11, 2020, Jimmy Joza wrote:
I ordered and received the Hocus Pocus Box. I, like Magic Mark, do not like that it does not have the addition of putting the hand through the top and touch the bottom as in the improved Boretti Box. Unlike Magic Mark, I did not ask anyone at Hocus Pocus prior to ordering this. I ordered the improved Boretti Box early this morning and will now sell my new and unused Sensor Box from Hocus Pocus.

To those who purchased and perform with the Varol Emotion Box: that is one great prop that lends itself to many good presentations. I love that it looks simple and, therefore, looks innocent. For now, I will be waiting for the Boretti Box and work out a routine. I live in NYC so I, like many other big cities, will be confined to be home for the next several weeks or for a couple of more months so plenty of time to work on this.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Kind regards,

Jimmy [/quote]

Jimmy,

I'm interested to know what the shipping costs are. Thank you.

Terry
Hi Terry.

It came out to 50 Euros for me (I am in NYC) which is about $55 USA dollars. But, this is for basic delivery which could take around a month. (maybe sooner if I am lucky). I think the shipping price is not too bad. I didn't even inquire about faster delivery because I figured that would add too much to the price. Given that I am in NYC, I don't see, unfortunately, that the stay at home regulations being lifted in the next two weeks (and probably in a lot of other parts of the country) so I can wait.

Stay safe.

Jimmy

Yes, Erich responded to about 4 inquiries I had. He is quite helpful and responsive. It is good to hear that he will offer these in different colors. We all have different tastes. Honestly, for now I am already working on a storyline with the one that is on his website. I can also see myself adding artwork on the center and sides for different occasions. So it will serve me just fine. Having said that, once I start doing shows again and see how this plays for me then I may order another one down the road with a different look.

I am looking forward to getting this. Who knows what will happen next? My anticipated retirement date from my full time job is this July 1st. Performing magic will change from part-time to full-time for me. But that is for whenever things reopen and things go back to close to "normal".

Stay safe everyone.

Jimmy
I own what I think is the original. It is red with a black design, and the hand hole is on the side. I think I prefer that because itís harder to tell how far the hand can reach down.

During Christmas I taped a large green bow to the front to make it look like a Christmas gift box. I was going to wrap the entire box in Christmas wrapping paper but decided it wasnít necessary. I told the story about how when I was a kid I was always trying to figure out what was in the wrapped Christmas presents. Iíd shake the box or feel the presents that were wrapped but not in a box.

I then asked a spectator to come up and help to see if she could guess what items were in the box. I did that for three items and finished with the card effect which I really like.

If I had the brown wood box Iíd probably do a routine about a legend of the box being an antique with unusual characteristics. Maybe like the Sefalaljia effect. Iíd definitely want to hone that concept,
[quote]On Apr 12, 2020, Terry Holley wrote:
I own what I think is the original. It is red with a black design, and the hand hole is on the side. I think I prefer that because itís harder to tell how far the hand can reach down.

During Christmas I taped a large green bow to the front to make it look like a Christmas gift box. I was going to wrap the entire box in Christmas wrapping paper but decided it wasnít necessary. I told the story about how when I was a kid I was always trying to figure out what was in the wrapped Christmas presents. Iíd shake the box or feel the presents that were wrapped but not in a box.

I then asked a spectator to come up and help to see if she could guess what items were in the box. I did that for three items and finished with the card effect which I really like.

If I had the brown wood box Iíd probably do a routine about a legend of the box being an antique with unusual characteristics. Maybe like the Sefalaljia effect. Iíd definitely want to hone that concept, [/quote]

Thank you for sharing some of your ideas. I was thinking of saying that "This box belonged to my grandmother's grandmother..... my, great-great-grandmother." And combined with what is suggested on the website: "The audience is told that this is a box from an old haunted house. This box conveys paradoxical terms. Reality becomes illusion and vice versa. It is the first time that this box has a story. Something for storytelling magic." I was also thinking of storing somethings I will use for other magic routines during my act so I would be opening the door nonchalantly or even reaching through the top to get some items. This way the box serves a purpose besides just a box for one routine.
Just got photo's back from Erich of Boretti magic of the plain white design. So fast. When they put it on their website,those like me who didn't like the antiqued look are in for a pleasant surprise. It's beautifully plain and white. My order is going in now. Thank you Erich and Boretti magic for listening, wonderful.
They already have it on their site
https://boretti-shop.info/Original-Boretti-Kunststuecke
[quote]On Apr 12, 2020, takeachance wrote:
They already have it on their site
https://boretti-shop.info/Original-Boretti-Kunststuecke [/quote]

And it is cheaper than the original design.
I received my box from Boretti a couple of days ago, and I'd like to make a few points.

First, I don't agree with those who have commented on the appearance of the new generation box. It looks better than in the video, and with the proper weaving of a story (in my shows I will explain that I found the box in the attic of my great grandfather (a psychologist.) Also noting that I studied psychology in college, I found the power of suggestion to be a powerful tool that transferred to my current position of entertainer.

I will note that, when removing the prop from the shipping box I broke a portion of the box. Easily fixed but quite fragile. Be aware.
To be fair, if you're looking for a method that blows you away, you might be disappointed to know that it works exactly like you think it does. With that said, when working with the prop I quickly noticed that, with a bit of DIY modification you can casually show the back of the box. I contacted Boretti and Erich agreed, and stated that he passed along the tip to his manufacturer for inclusion in future production.

For those who are torn between the "look" of the studded version and the white version, go for whatever you like, but I have no qualm with either. The version I received actually lends itself to my style. BTW, I also ordered the version offered by HP and produced by Fairchild because I felt the look was more appropriate for my kid/family shows, but when told by another poster here that it lacked the ability to do a convincing move I backed out.

I was disappointed with the prop that was included for the finale described in the original routine. Very cheap, and I will be replacing with a more acceptable option.
Finally, working with Boretti was very pleasant. I opted for the lesser/slower shipping because the quicker shipping was half the cost of the prop. Shipping was immediate and delivery was quicker than anticipated.

This will be fun to perform, and much more reasonably priced than other options, and missing no major advantages, IMO.

Now, if someone can give me tips on HTH the cellphone in ball of yarn climax was pulled off on Fallon, I'll be one content guy.
[quote]On Apr 29, 2020, stempleton wrote:

Now, if someone can give me tips on HTH the cellphone in ball of yarn climax was pulled off on Fallon, I'll be one content guy. [/quote]

I'd like to jump on the very same bandwagon ...

[youtube]jxcZngFXwuk[/youtube]

I'm all ears :)
Me three on the yarn part.

Ron
Why do the same as Dan White? If you do, you might have to hire Questlove!
[quote]On May 5, 2020, Terry Holley wrote:
Why do the same as Dan White? If you do, you might have to hire Questlove! [/quote]

You might as well wonder why we on this thread would like to buy Boretti's or Hakan's box. The answer is exactly the same: to achieve the very same effect. Full stop.

No offence, but I don't see why, particularly on a magicians' forum, one would scrutinise or question the very fact that a magician aims at performing an effect another magician has come up with with or even put on the market. There are so many threads on the Magic Cafť for fellow magicians interested in the work of another magician.

Long story short: I believe our objective as far as Dan White's hands-down excellent performance is not very uncommon; especially when taking into account that Manuel Llaser for instance put out a similar effect called "The Yarn": see https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/stage-and-parlor-magic/the-yarn for details.
[quote]On May 5, 2020, Michael.Kegel wrote:
Why do the same as Dan White? If you do, you might have to hire Questlove! [/quote]

You might as well wonder why we on this thread would like to buy Boretti's or Hakan's box. The answer is exactly the same: to achieve the very same effect. Full stop.

No offence, but I don't see why, particularly on a magicians' forum, one would scrutinise or question the very fact that a magician aims at performing an effect another magician has come up with with or even put on the market. There are so many threads on the Magic Cafť for fellow magicians interested in the work of another magician.

Long story short: I believe our objective as far as Dan White's hands-down excellent performance is not very uncommon; especially when taking into account that Manuel Llaser for instance put out a similar effect called "The Yarn": see https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/stage-and-parlor-magic/the-yarn for details. [/quote]
I'm not convinced that Dan White would be pleased to know that you or anyone else is performing his routine unless he gave permission.

And I'm not convinced that "The Yarn" effect that you referred to is the same method. There are numerous methods to get something into a ball of yarn.

It appears to me that White either is working with Questlove as a stooge, or somehow he switched Questlove's phone early on and the phone in his pocket that he gave Dan wasn't really his. Don't put it past a mentalist to use a stooge!

I think your argument about performing marketed effects and performing someone else's routine without permission is comparing apples with oranges. If you have Dan's permission then more power to you and I wish you the best!

I think your argument about performing marketed effects and performing someone else's routine without permission is comparing apples with oranges. If you have Dan's permission then more power to you and I wish you the best! [/quote]

Yes.

BTW, I don't see evidence of anyone wanting to duplicate Dan White's routine. As magician's we are simply hardwired to ponder methods. I think his timing was perfect, and while I would expect stooges on reality shows, I would hate to find that it was done here, but perhaps I am being naÔve. I was hoping for a method that involved some skill, at the least preshow work perhaps, but mystifying all the same.
[quote]On May 5, 2020, Michael.Kegel wrote:

Long story short: I believe our objective as far as Dan White's hands-down excellent performance is not very uncommon; especially when taking into account that Manuel Llaser for instance put out a similar effect called "The Yarn": see https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/stage-and-parlor-magic/the-yarn for details. [/quote]
I'm not convinced that Dan White would be pleased to know that you or anyone else is performing his routine unless he gave permission.

And I'm not convinced that "The Yarn" effect that you referred to is the same method. There are numerous methods to get something into a ball of yarn.

It appears to me that White either is working with Questlove as a stooge, or somehow he switched Questlove's phone early on and the phone in his pocket that he gave Dan wasn't really his. Don't put it past a mentalist to use a stooge!

I think your argument about performing marketed effects and performing someone else's routine without permission is comparing apples with oranges. If you have Dan's permission then more power to you and I wish you the best! [/quote]

It really doesn't matter whether or not you are convinced of something.

When on Earth did anybody here on the Magic Cafť ever explained that we do nothing else than exactly duplicating routines another magician has performed in public?

Of course, The Yarn is another effect and not the effect Dan was using. I explicitly said so upfront. I know quite some methods how to get an object into a ball of yarn, I just don't have a clue how to achieve the effect Dan achieved in this routine, and I'd like to in order to adapt his work, ideas and concepts into an act that works for me. As simple as that.

Of course, Questlove is not in on this one. That goes without saying, though I as a mental magician am well aware of instant and non-instant stooging.

I think you got my argument about performing marketed effects completely wrong as I never said something about accordingly the obligation to also duplicate the creator's routine as well. Hence, there's no apples-with-oranges comparison.

And last but not least regarding performing a marketed effect "without permission" of the creator or performer: I know for a fact for instance how to achieve certain effects, especially as far as gaff cards are concerned, that every now and then an effect is marketed that uses exactly the very same method another already marketed effect did also use, e.g. f**p c***s and in particular e******s is quite frequently applied to gimmicked cards. Oftentimes, I then do not need to buy the effect in question since I know how to achieve it. And that's not only me. I know quite some fellow magicians that are just like that. None of them and neither would I perform a certain routine exactly the way a fellow magician performs it.

As a matter of fact, so far nobody has obtained Dan's permission to know the method how he achieved the yarn effect as part of his Emotion Box routine. Still, the Cafť is brimming with kind people pondering on the work of someone else, especially those of us who perform in public.

I fail to see here any wrongdoing why I would like to keep it that way so other Cafť users have the chance to share their ideas with us on how to achieve an effect like that for those of us who'd like to know.

All the best and stay healthy.
Well my plain white Borettis emotion box finally arrived from Germany. It is fantastic craftsmanship to say the least. The service, effort and communication from Erich was awesome and in these trying times, he followed the order and kept me informed until it arrived on my doorstep Down Under. I luv this and its workings. A very happy customer would be an understatement. You can show it empty from the rear at the beginning, show someones hand going in with the front panel up, feeling a bottle or whatever to demonstrate what is about to happen, then go into the routine. That's enough to convince for me. Its certainly priced right and included are a few objects to get you started but I already have my idea on how I want to present this
[quote]On Jun 26, 2020, takeachance wrote:
Well my plain white Borettis emotion box finally arrived from Germany. It is fantastic craftsmanship to say the least. The service, effort and communication from Erich was awesome and in these trying times, he followed the order and kept me informed until it arrived on my doorstep Down Under. I luv this and its workings. A very happy customer would be an understatement. You can show it empty from the rear at the beginning, show someones hand going in with the front panel up, feeling a bottle or whatever to demonstrate what is about to happen, then go into the routine. That's enough to convince for me. Its certainly priced right and included are a few objects to get you started but I already have my idea on how I want to present this [/quote]

Sounds just awesome, thanks for your insight into Boretti's original box. Have fun performing with it.

Regards from Germany
Michael
If anyone has one for sale please write me.
Im selling mine, please DM for details.
Used twice for bespoke show.

Comes with extras and the more expensive breakdown box

Thanks for reading
This is just too funny. Fairchild Magic's Emotion Box was first introduced by HP as "limited... once it's gone, it's gone." The a second round magically appeared, with the ad insisting that, this was absolutely the last run. No more. Ever. Just got an email saying... wait for it...
it's BAAAACK. And of course, "when it's sold out, there will be no more."